• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lmao Its just I never thought I'd hear you say something like that haha. I'm not complaining about it, I just found it funny.

pay$

Banned via Administration
Hmmm, Im bored. Hows everybody doing in smash? I still dont have a powercord, but I have enough money to buy one TODAY!!!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
South_Paw said:
Hey guys, it's official, I get the entire third week of may off! I plan on leaving right after i get back from the utah tournament and being back in oklahoma late sunday night/ early monday morning. My idea is that like friday (the 19th) i come to okc and play you guys, then that night leave for dallas since i know a lot of you guys are going. What do you guys think about that plan? Would that be cool?
Cool. Yeah man, I've been meaning to play you in months. I'll be sure to bring my low-tier challenge, they can hold their ground against Deck (sheik user) pretty easily.

So, have you found a place to host the Graveyard Pheonix yet? Hope you have, I can't wait to see some footage from your tourny. Just be sure to take Utah by storm, and if they still pose a problem, sabotage their drinks with fresh-water.

Rasta: I'm going to make it the 13th. I may be a bit late because of that 64 tourny, but I'll be there. BTW, if you haven't finalized those DVD's yet, is there any way you can add the latest vids posted by Zinth? Don't worry about if it's too much trouble.

Everyone Else said:

......O RLY?

I'm making oven-ated pizza too.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade, you haven't told me if you can come over tomorrow yet. Call me with your answer!

EXTENDER!!!

And, quite possible my favorite line from the ScudFest...

"*Misses with Marth's forward smash* What? I hit you with nothing and you didn't go flying!"
-RastaImposta

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah great times, my mom fell asleep I will have your answer tommorow morining, you might want to call me though.

And what do you mean the story isn't the same in Xenosga KOS-MOS, I don't know the original story for number tow, they cant change it on me before I play the first one, its not fair. Ahhh.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
wow, good times today. best moment, Kos Mos's phone went off, he paused it right as i was bringing back the doc punch aka the dome splitter. Just the funniest thing to see it paused at that exact moment in time.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
wow, good times today. best moment, Kos Mos's phone went off, he paused it right as i was bringing back the doc punch aka the dome splitter. Just the funniest thing to see it paused at that exact moment in time.
I call it the bam dunk :cool:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Well.. if you've ever seen Xenosaga: The Animation, Episode I is kinda following the anime storyline. Haha yeah that was funny Shanx. I unpause it and BAM! I get sent flying lmao. Also I did terrible with Fox last night. Pay$ beat me when he had Samus and I had Fox, but yet I 3 stocked him in a ditto match with Samus(who I hardly ever use) aaahhh whats up with that. Oh well.. I gotta go to work so I'll talk later.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Ice Climbers and fox do pretty well against samus, atleast in my experience.
IC's aren't very suitable against characters whose means of assualt involves projectile spamming (save for Falco, he's a fastfaller). Fresh and I use them alot and we have a hard time against Peach, Link, Y-Link, and especially Po's Samus.

Anyways, Sol-8 is still way better than me, so I have to beat him before the tournament.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
IC's aren't very suitable against characters whose means of assualt involves projectile spamming (save for Falco, he's a fastfaller). Fresh and I use them alot and we have a hard time against Peach, Link, Y-Link, and especially Po's Samus.

Anyways, Sol-8 is still way better than me, so I have to beat him before the tournament.
Well I can beat Pay$ with Ice Climbers against his Samus, but that isnt saying too much. He isnt the best Samus, but he is the only one near me.

Also, about the DVD. The program I was going to use said the dvd's were only about 1 gig or so, but my has the a better program that can put 3 gigs onto a dvd, so I can put all my 1v1 pro videos, along with most (if not all) of the OK videos, AND the East coast Vs West coast! Ill try and have it ready on monday.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well, I think samus is just a sturdy character to begin with, marth can keep her in the air pretty well. And IC's are good when you can grab.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I was trying to learn ICs, but I think I'm too ADHD to utilize them effectively, so I'm going to focus on other characters for now.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i can't beat pay$'s samus with marth. I just have nothing to help me when he's using his missiles or gun since i can't shield reflect and he spams those like crazy. Dr. Mario works surprisingly well though.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Well I can beat Pay$ with Ice Climbers against his Samus, but that isnt saying too much. He isnt the best Samus, but he is the only one near me.

Also, about the DVD. The program I was going to use said the dvd's were only about 1 gig or so, but my has the a better program that can put 3 gigs onto a dvd, so I can put all my 1v1 pro videos, along with most (if not all) of the OK videos, AND the East coast Vs West coast! Ill try and have it ready on monday.
Now THAT is the most awesome thing I've read all day!

I'm sure Pay$ is not bad with Samus, but the way Po plays with her makes it difficult for ICs to get close. The same happens to Fresh when I use Link against his. I don't bother with them anymore though, since I'm back to using only my main 3.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I mainly just wd around with samus, spaming missles and charge shots, and cc if they get close, sppot dodging if they grab and down smash. Seems to work to an extent, falco messes her up though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
SMASHFEST MAY 13TH (NEXT WEEK)

Where: Rasta's House, just let me know if you need the address [again.]

When: May 13th (Next Week on Saturday) at 1pm

Why: MLG is coming up in 2 weeks, we need the practice!

Who: Anyone that wants to come can come, just let me know.

How: Parents said if my grades were good (Kick ***, 3 A's and 1 B) and the house was clean (I gotta clean every day to goto MLG anyway) then it can happen.

There, thats the why, when, where, who, and how. Also it is very VERY Important that you BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. You can bring money, Ill probably end up going to Walmart or something like that, give me the money (Or you can come with) and Ill get it for you.

Also it is very VERY Important that you BRING YOUR OWN FOOD. You can bring money, Ill probably end up going to Walmart or something like that, give me the money (Or you can come with) and Ill get it for you.

I copied it because it was very important, and if you read it twice, you will remember it better.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
haha, yes, reading it twice will embed it into our brains. i should be able to go, i'll pm you for the address if i can. :)

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'll be there, I'm going to let Po and Fresh know about this too since they don't have easy access to a computer right now. Deck may show if he doesn't work on Saturday. Sol-8 won't be able to do anything period until late Summer though.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
to who's going to mlg: is there a plan put together on who's driving down there? my mom has been bugging me for a while on this.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
to who's going to mlg: is there a plan put together on who's driving down there? my mom has been bugging me for a while on this.
I'm probably carpooling with Shade to get there. I don't know about everyone else though.

Vega, I want to fight your top tiers at the Smashfest this Saturday.

Shade_

Smash Ace
My mom, said she might not be able to take us, if that happens then I am going with vegas crew, assuming there giong. Hope taht dosn't ruin it for you Zinth. Tell your mom that if I go then its cool for you to.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Shade_ said:
Hey KOS-MOS, do you know a webstie where I can download the anime Xenosaga.

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/533.html is where you can download the full anime(choose the one where it says HQ-version). You are gonna need to download bittorent so you can download the anime(once you click on the Xenosaga: The Animation link it will give you a link to download bittorent). It will take awhile to download(I mean probably a loooong time).

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha ok thanks, well when I have time I will s if I can get to watch some shows, I like the gam alot, but never seen the anime.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I can doubleshine pretty consistently now with Fox. *feels overjoyed* Now I'm working on doubleshine to waveshine and repeat. I've managed to doubleshine about 8 times in a row "once" I'll try to add it to my game and see if it helps any. It's hard on my hands though lol.. I just gotta get used to it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS said:
I can doubleshine pretty consistently now with Fox. *feels overjoyed* Now I'm working on doubleshine to waveshine and repeat. I've managed to doubleshine about 8 times in a row "once" I'll try to add it to my game and see if it helps any. It's hard on my hands though lol.. I just gotta get used to it.
Do you double shine with the analog stick?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Wow, I feel good. My bro's friends came over and said they would "smash" on us (Me and Pay$), needless to say they got destroyed pretty badly. Apperently one of my neighbors is a pretty good smasher, but my bro said his friends were good smasher, look what happened to them....Anyway, Im gonna see if he wants to come on saturday, along with Tarrance (A Cocky smasher that plays with cheap characters to win *cough*sheik*cough*) if he can make it.

Remember, bring your own food and/or money.

5 MORE DAYS. If you can bring a TV or a cube, that would be awesome. Just PM me and let me know, that would help.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Issues concerning MLG should be sorted out before next week. Just to retain order, we need a show of hands of who's going and their means of transportation. I know some of you guys are already fully prepared for this event but it would be nice to have a reference list on the thread. Unless I'm mistaken, this is what I got so far (Group No.# and Driver):

Group #1= Interchangable
-Po
-Fresh
-Vegafuse

Group #2= Rasta
-Rasta
-Kosmos

Needs Ride
-Shade
-Zinth
-Shanx

Po, Fresh, and I have already decided that we won't use our own cars because they are too unreliable. This isn't really a problem for us though, but we don't have a solid answer yet for people that do need rides.

Zinth: You're on. BTW, how did you fare against Deck? I can't watch any type of movies on this computer so I'm curious to know how well you handled against his quick reflexes. He isn't so good with techniques, but he does know how to abuse weaknesses.

Shade: Whatever you do don't get lazy with the progression. Judging from your first set of videos and when they were recorded, you got insanely good in such a small amount of time. And if you want to ride with us, I'll try to see what I can do.

Kosmos, you're actually better overall than me. But I still haven't tested my Shiek on you. If you can take her and my Marth down, then I have nothing left to best you.

Rasta, we never fought yet, have we? Anyways, when I meet Terrence, I'll ask him who he believes is the worst character in the game. Then, I'll choose said character and proceed to pwn the living daylights out of his sheik.

EDIT: Oh yeah, everyone be sure to check out the Nintendo conference tomorrow. If you don't have that G4 tech channel then you can check out http://gccafe.com/ for streaming videos IIRC.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Man thats to bad, try if you can.

And don't worry I am not getting lazy, I took like a day break from smashing, cus I did it to much, and what were the results.

I grew skill of of nothing when I played the next day. I am thinking of making Fox my second instead of Falco, My fox can do just about anything on command exept double jump cancle shine now. But I am going to practice alot more. AlOT more now that the tourny is close.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vegafuse, Shanx is probably going to be riding with me, I dont think I can take any more people with me. Shanx, KOSMOS, Pay$, and I are probably all the room, plus I gotta take my lil bro (8 years old), Im trying to make him a decent player for his age. We havent played, but so far I can take any character with either Roy, Fox, or Ice Climbers, I still need practice. We all need more practice, which is why Im having the smashfest on Saturday.
Pay$, Shanx, and I are getting pretty good, but we still need alot more practice. Ive pretty much got Lcanceling down, aswell as shffls. Im trying to get my wavedashing up to Shade's skill with it (I might just give up, waaaay too hard :-p)
My Fox needs alot more work, Ill admit that, Im still cant short hop constantly, but hopefully by tomorrow Ill have that down perfectly. I also need help on getting the Ice Climbers infinite grab combo in an actual match. ChuDat's grab combo is also pretty hard, but Im getting that down too.
Im looking forward to seeing everybody Saturday and MLG.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Shade_ said:
My fox can do just about anything on command exept double jump cancle shine now. But I am going to practice alot more. AlOT more now that the tourny is close.
Yes! I can do something Shade can't! I have achieved greatness! :laugh:

Shade_

Smash Ace
It is going to happen probably a week or two after MLG, sorry for the wait.

And KOS-MOS, nice job, just remember not to let that attack take priority over your other ones, if you go around trying to land one thing on them, such as cornerring them, it will never happen, just do things when the best time for it arrives, and if the chance comes. My fox and Marth are now my main characters, and Falcoe is my last resort.

Top Bottom