• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Aww that sucks that Grav can't go. I just wanted to post and let you guys know that I will be coming for sure tomorrow. I managed to do 3 weeks worth of assignments in 3 days(even with work/job involved). Right now though I'm really exhausted so I'm gonna go to sleep.

See you guys tomorrow.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Man bad news guys, Grav jus got grounded for low grades. He wont be able to come tommorow.
Man, getting grounded the night before is really a bummer.....

The only semi-good news I got is that Deck and I will show up a little after 4pm, and Po around 10pm. Fresh can't make it though, because he found out about this a little too late.

Well, any news from Catalyst or Maverick, Shade?

KOS-MOS said:
See you guys tomorrow.
w00t!

Gravity

Smash Ace
I guess bad news travels fast, but whatever.

Instead of smasing tomorrow i have to go clean my room. Yay.
Not only that, but my tv is gone too, so i cant even practice.
I still have my computer though, which doesnt make much sense,
youve probably guessed i cant give you a ride shade but whatever.
And i obviously cant bring that gamecube, but ill bring it next time.

In other news, im thinking about taking marth as a second, but not until after MLG.

So yeah, have fun tomorrow anyways, and ill be there in spirit or something.

And, uh..., wii.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
i shall be there from around noon thirty(yes, noon thirty) to 5 or 6 pm, so i won't get to fight with a lot of you :(

but i will read 4 books that night so i don't fail english :)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, wow, I am the slowest reader in the world. I can barely read a book in three weeks.

Nice to hear youll be there, KOS-MOS, and in spirit Grav lol.

But get your grades up, do your homework.

Yah Catalyst, sent me a pm, and I gave him directions, he is also bringing a friend.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
KOSMOS, are you still hitchin a ride with me? Just call and let me know.

Im really excited to play all of you again, I need the practice.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hey guys, since it is raining a lot it is going to be more difficult to get the equipment inside. To make everything easier it would be great if you pulled your car down beside my garage and unloaded there, and then park your cars away from the garage so other people can do the same. I hope this only turns out to be floccinaucical.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ok, well Shade and I are going to get there at around 1-2; he has driver's ed and doesn't get off of that until about 12.

I hope the storm continues throughout the party, as long as it doesn't interrupt the power. I rather enjoy the atmosphere that a storm creates :)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ill be a little late too. Seems I dont have the program on this computer to transfer video files into dvd files. Anyway, Ill have to try and get it tomorrow, I guess Ill mail it to you guys.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Ill be a little late too. Seems I dont have the program on this computer to transfer video files into dvd files. Anyway, Ill have to try and get it tomorrow, I guess Ill mail it to you guys.
That's alright Rasta, I can wait anytime....

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for coming guys that was really fun, and hey alex we should definately try to get together alot more. :) Since we live so close it shouldn't be too hard.

Shade_

Smash Ace
That was great guys, everyone is getting much better, and I expect nothing less than that next time,

Ok I will tell you the problems I saw for each of you If I don't name you its because I didn't see a fight with you much.

Ok well first off, Zinth, all you need to work on is a bit of patience and wait for your opponent to take the first move, and then you react. Other than that your tech and mind games have gotten very good, Your paterns are gone as well.

Paymon, Don't smash every time you get lol. Shoot some more, and try and learn to fake out sometimes, by running at them and then jumping back and shooting them or something.

Scud, simply don't kill your self, your mind games and comboes are pretty good other than that, get that tech skill down.

Roster, youve gotten much better, just try and not bust out a lagerific move so often and use his fast attacks such as down tilt, and side tile, and arieals a bit more, than f smash. And learn the comboe aganst fast fallers, up throw to f smash, it is best at like 23 damage, for most fast fallers, ad almost always hits. Good counter sense though, get it even better, and youll be a very tricky opponent.

Shanx, Also gotten better, but you need to be a bit more agressive, and try and L cancle and fast fall all of your arieals, it is much faster, and simply be able to do up throw comboes on fast fallers, not necisarely the chain grab, it would be god to learn, but you should at least, up throw to forward smash.

Vega, cant really say much, besides don't be pressured about ending the match, 8 minuts is a long time, and you don't have to rush in and kill them, cus sometimes it gets you killed.

KOS-MOS, You can do all the moves, just the way you put them to work has a great affect, experiment with the different possible attacks, after up throw, or shine. You need to keep an eye out not to make an opening for them by doing a lag move when you come in. You really have the right persistenc, and that will get you far. Keep it up and beat me next time.
I hope I helped everyone.

Zinth get the tishirts. And Get that data base done, I look forward to it. And I have a little delema, I need to choose a theme song for the comboe vid for OK, but I have a few choices and I cant decide, so I want to see what you guys think would match me the most. I will put them up later.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
100th POST! Smash Journeyman Baby!

Cool Scud, the smashfest was awesome. Everyone has surprisingly gotten better ever since the tourny (even the ones that didn't attend). KOSMOS, you've surpassed me in alot of areas, and Shade is definitely on a different level than me now. Scud, don't worry about Bowser. If you face one in Dallas (Which I'm 95% sure you won't :p), remember, he's not so tough against spammed lasers.

Shade_ said:
Vega, cant really say much, besides don't be pressured about ending the match, 8 minuts is a long time, and you don't have to rush in and kill them, cus sometimes it gets you killed.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

I'll be here in time for MLG.

3 years running and Sol-8 is finally back. Time to settle the score.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Cool Smashfest, it was a lot of fun. I particularly enjoyed playing against Deck.

Rasta, Pay$ has to be the worst cameraman I have ever seen. He like moved the camera to look at things other than the fight, and missed good parts of the fight :cry:

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh scud I think I left my PS2 chords at your house. So if you are ever near my area, could you drop those off.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, maybe next time we should just use a vcr to record these matches.
Yeah, I think Pay$ left the powercord for the cube at your house too. You live a lil waaaay to far away, I guess you could bring it to the tournament, which I still havent found a place for it to be held.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, a VCR probably would be better. And I'll use Windows Movie Maker instead of iMovie to make them. One of the things that really bugged me about using iMovie was that it had to reduce the framerate to put it in a small file, which I could not stand. That, and it made it more difficult for some people to be able to view the files. That or I need to bring an actual video camera.

Also Rasta, glad you found out the easier way to short hop. For anyone here who shorthops by pressing the button as fast as you can, do it by sliding your thumb off of the edge of the jump button instead.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I do it by, putting my thumb above the Y button, and then I bring my thumb really fast to the A button, or in that area, hitting the bottom of the Y button on the way back to the A or B, or what ever.

It seems to works for me.Any thing that works for you is ok though.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Hey guys, it's official, I get the entire third week of may off! I plan on leaving right after i get back from the utah tournament and being back in oklahoma late sunday night/ early monday morning. My idea is that like friday (the 19th) i come to okc and play you guys, then that night leave for dallas since i know a lot of you guys are going. What do you guys think about that plan? Would that be cool?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
South_Paw said:
Hey guys, it's official, I get the entire third week of may off! I plan on leaving right after i get back from the utah tournament and being back in oklahoma late sunday night/ early monday morning. My idea is that like friday (the 19th) i come to okc and play you guys, then that night leave for dallas since i know a lot of you guys are going. What do you guys think about that plan? Would that be cool?
Dude, that would be sweet.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
um, i tried figuring it out because i just realized it's one of like, 2 moderately advanced things(like wavedashing, l-cancelling, and such) i can't do:

how do you short hop to attack when getting back on the stage from grabbing the side? like, i can only do the roll, jump, up, or attack...i can't find out how to recover the way i want to!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
When your on the ledge, push down on the joystick then immediately push x or y, as soon as you do that, move the c-stick to the desired direction to do the desired attack. Also when your attacking from the ledge, remember to push the joystick in the direction of the stage, or you might 1) Kill yourself from lack of a double jump to make it back to the ledge, 2) Force you to use your UpB and/or 3) set yourself up to be attacked.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
thanks, i am doing it well, now, only i am pushing away to fall from the ledge instead of down; for some reason it helps me do nair better instead of having to do fair. :)

oh, and i am moonwalking better :)

my falcon today=2x my falcon 2 weeks ago(when i felt like switching mains)

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
EXCALIBUR IS FIXED!!!!

Yah, so I havent found anyplace to hold the tourny, so any help would be awesome!

EDIT::: I MIGHT have found a place to hold the tourny, Ill have to call tomorrow and see what they think about it.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Shade_ said:
KOS-MOS, You can do all the moves, just the way you put them to work has a great affect, experiment with the different possible attacks, after up throw, or shine. You need to keep an eye out not to make an opening for them by doing a lag move when you come in. You really have the right persistenc, and that will get you far. Keep it up and beat me next time. I hope I helped everyone.

All right, thanks for the tip. I just find it hard to practice my mind games without fighting another human. I can't seem to practice it myself in training mode. I know what you mean by the lag moves.. I would rush at you with neutral air and you would shield grab me and proceed to destroy me so yeah.. I need to work on my mind games big time.

And Rasta, yeah I'm still planning on riding with you to Dallas if thats ok.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, my mom won't let me go to mlg until i get everyone's phone number who's going, so basically i can't go until my mom bugs the crap out of you guys, so yea.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
i'm really good with parents, they are like cuddly, nieve animals who think their kids actually do the things they say they are doing. it's almost funny. :p

in other news, who is entering doubles?
i was planning on going with scud if he wanted me as a partner and if he also could go, but i don't know anything about anyone's plans. if any people want to meet to practice only doubles sometime before the 19th, that would be awesome.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ok, I sent the manager of the store an email, they hold tournaments for every other card game, so I hope they can let us hold the smash tourny there. Ill probably call tomorrow and see if I can go and meet them in person to talk to them aswell.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey yea alex I wouldn't mind being your partner. We should definately get together this week!!!!!. I will help you out and give you some tips, and we can possibly start working on our team game. I really hope to see you soon. I am really glad you live so close!

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
whoa, don't mind being my partner? sounds kinda brokeback :p

but seriously, yeah, NNHS's best+NHS's best= a taste of norman(like the buffet)

it almost sounds like a good team name, except that it also sounds like a book title.

the duo of death? too cliche. think of something spiffy.

Mr. Pants and Count Pope-ula(?) that sounds pretty badass to me. i'd be scared of a Mr. Pants.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
(p.s.- if you hadn't noticed, i am obsessed with the name "mr. pants", but i can't find a good way to put it to four digits like i make vodot "vdt")

in other news, i went to ihop today. the waitress gave me a crapload of whatever creamer i wanted, refilled my coffee pot about every 3 minutes, and i got to substitute sausage(99 cents) for fries(2.29), plus got free white gravy. that is *****in'.

Top Bottom