• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Liek omfg, no one has posted since like 2!!! What's wrong with you people??? You're supposed to be entertaining me!!! D:< Lol, jk :p

Man, these blisters that I get from practicing the Drill Shine make it hard to practice the Drill Shine :p What a paradox :monkey: :upsidedown: :071: :082: :094:

Yeah, I'm pretty bored right now :ness: :061: :jigglypuf

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vega, what kind of videos does your dvd player play? Mine plays every type of videos, so even though it works on mine, it might not work on yours.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Vega, what kind of videos does your dvd player play? Mine plays every type of videos, so even though it works on mine, it might not work on yours.
Same here, any is fine.

Any news over the tourny? This one should be interesting, now we have out-of-staters looking into it. Along with this, we got to get another smashfest or two before MLG. Some of the techniques that Shade told me about is proof that I need to catch up to the current metagame....

Omega_Star said:
Man, these blisters that I get from practicing the Drill Shine make it hard to practice the Drill Shine :p What a paradox
lol, I do the Drill shine infinite in slo-mo, it's safer that way :cool:

Shade_

Smash Ace
haha, I just did an infinite live battle with my bro, and did the drill shine in battle until I got used to it. It made me learn it fast, and laern how to do it in battle. Took a good two hours though lol.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Meh, Top-tier characters are tempting but I guess I'm sticking with low-tier...... It feels like I'm more suited for their playstyle.

Omega_Star said:
Lol, I started a trend.
drill shine infinites are soooo 4 hours ago :rolleyes: Practicing DK's taunt is the hip thing to do, everybodies doing it! :cool:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Meh, Top-tier characters are tempting but I guess I'm sticking with low-tier...... It feels like I'm more suited for their playstyle.

drill shine infinites are soooo 4 hours ago :rolleyes: Practicing DK's taunt is the hip thing to do, everybodies doing it! :cool:
Hahahaha. Well then, I'd better brush up on my Donkey Kong then, don't want to be a loser do I? :p

:samus: :005: :yoshi:

Shade_

Smash Ace
lol, wow, you guys are sometihng else.

But I have a funny feeling that this thread is going to die down soon. Most of the other people that normally post, have stopped. Oh well, We can always start another thread.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:

But I have a funny feeling that this thread is going to die down soon. Most of the other people that normally post, have stopped. Oh well, We can always start another thread.
NOOOOOOOOO. There can never be another thread! This is the Oklahoma Thread! I'll frigging quintuple post if I need to to keep the thread alive! :p

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:

Don't worry Shade, usually posts tend to get "spammy" during the dry season. Po isn't around because his computer is down and Fresh barely even posted in the first place. The only regulars I haven't seen in a while were Zabuza, Mithos, and Kosmos. Plus, remember the standstill before the first OK tourny? Things were really quiet then.......

For now all we can do is anticipate all those upcoming events pretty soon........ You can expect a new smasher around my level (Deck), to start showing up to these smashfests soon. Then you got Kansas smashers showing up to Rasta's tourny. And finally, we'll have the chance of participating in one of the biggest events that the Smash community has to offer, MLG! That is when we are going to have to pull everything in our arsenal to show that Oklahoma is not to be taken lightly.

So we have alot to look forward to, and our thread is pretty big compared to the rest in the SW regional section, so are you willing to leave this legacy behind? Lol, but in all seriousness, we don't really need another thread if we have two more with the same title >_> You can check my first post in the first page of this thread to see what I'm talking about........ Other than that, a new one would basically be a continuation of this one.

But on the other hand, if your idea of starting a new thread is more than what I think, then pm me about it. If not, then I guess we can just think of a way to keep things active here. What I'm really interested about right now is that old idea someone had about making an OK montage video. When we all get together again, we should work on that. I'm also hyped up about the AC thing, and I'm trying to recruit some new people. Who knows, we might even be able to spark interest in this thread if we post up our matches.

Sorry for all that nonsense Shade, but just to remind everyone that this thread is truly the history of a real Oklahoma Smash Scene. Nothing before it compares..... And it may be the staple for the next Smash scene when the Rev comes out, even if a whole new forum is created for that one. Heh, we're going to be vets when all the new kids come flooding in :crazy:, and they're going to know that you are the first official OK Champ! Lol......

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Hehe I've been playing Xenosaga I (JP) and I have now set the world record in beating the game as fast as possible. I feel great right now but like Rasta said I've been busy as well and will post more once my schedule clears up a bit. I've got way to much to do at the moment.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol, KOS-MOS, but how could you not awnser my PM to you "sigh". haha just joking but I do need to know.

Any way good point vega, but I could care less about my reputation it is only in OK lol, I am also syked about AC, and I am sure if we post some of our matches online, and show that the competition in that is very high around OK as well, we can get that starting to.

But the only thing on my mind to make me serous right this moment is the MLG and upcoming smash fests. I have been playing a bit too much of Metroid Hunters though. So back to ssbm. lol.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Lol, KOS-MOS, but how could you not awnser my PM to you "sigh". haha just joking but I do need to know.

Any way good point vega, but I could care less about my reputation it is only in OK lol, I am also syked about AC, and I am sure if we post some of our matches online, and show that the competition in that is very high around OK as well, we can get that starting to.

But the only thing on my mind to make me serous right this moment is the MLG and upcoming smash fests. I have been playing a bit too much of Metroid Hunters though. So back to ssbm. lol.
Yeah, lol, but even though the rep may not matter to you, others may set their sights on beating OK's best...... like me ;) I'm going to ditto $mm all the Bowsers at MLG. I should be twice as good by then.....

I just came up with a bunch of ideas for 9B so I'm going to completely re-haul ALL of my ACs. BTW, what's your alias in ACO? There's this guy from Oklahoma named Catalyst Nexus, I just want to make sure if that's you or not.

KOS-MOS said:
Hehe I've been playing Xenosaga I (JP) and I have now set the world record in beating the game as fast as possible. I feel great right now but like Rasta said I've been busy as well and will post more once my schedule clears up a bit. I've got way to much to do at the moment.
Congratulations! Lol, it took me a week to get through a quarter of the game.... Then I had to take it back to Blockbuster :( (Am I the only one who rents RPG's?)

Do you play that VirtualON-like minigame alot? I did, I guess that's why I didn't get so far....

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmm I guess you that makes since, and my screen name in ACO is Silver Fox, I havnt been on in a loooooooooong time.

We three should hang out for the game sometime.

I am going to have ZINTH GET ME A NEW SIG. Amazing I know, ubt I changed colors, from black to white. I have always liked bwhite more, but I didn't like how the cape made him look all red white and Blue, to amarican no offence.

" but I haev discovered If I face to the right most of the time I cant see the red cape. "YESSSSS" so I am cool with the color now. lol

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Hmm I guess you that makes since, and my screen name in ACO is Silver Fox, I havnt been on in a loooooooooong time.

We three should hang out for the game sometime.

I am going to have ZINTH GET ME A NEW SIG. Amazing I know, ubt I changed colors, from black to white. I have always liked bwhite more, but I didn't like how the cape made him look all red white and Blue, to amarican no offence.

" but I haev discovered If I face to the right most of the time I cant see the red cape. "YESSSSS" so I am cool with the color now. lol
Lol, you and your changing stuff. But yeah, the red on the inside of the cape does kind of throw the rest of it off. It should have been silver or something.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
sorry, i just completely forgot about smashboards until today. We should try to get another smash party going.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
sorry, i just completely forgot about smashboards until today. We should try to get another smash party going.
Lol. I visit Smashboards multiple times per hour.

But yeah, we definitely need more Smash parties.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Here you go Shade:

http://www.armoredcoreonline.com/acforums/index.php?showtopic=2342&st=0&gopid=40121&#entry40121

That's the link for the OK thread at ACO. Now let the Oklahoma AC scene commence!

Omega_Star said:
Lol. I visit Smashboards multiple times per hour.

But yeah, we definitely need more Smash parties.
*In a Rockstar surfer voice*

ROCK ON!!!

When's that site going to be done? And any info on those shirts?

Shanx: Did we even meet at Rasta's? I think the guy that I talked to about the Naruto game was you, not sure though.....

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I really dont see what is so great about Naruto, I personally did not like it at all. I think it was worse than Inu Yasha (If you havent seen the whole series, then you wont understand what Im talking about.) The best anime every is Full Metal Alchemist, nothing can top that.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
I really dont see what is so great about Naruto, I personally did not like it at all. I think it was worse than Inu Yasha (If you havent seen the whole series, then you wont understand what Im talking about.) The best anime every is Full Metal Alchemist, nothing can top that.
Well, the subbed Naruto was the last anime I've gotten into since CowboyBebop and FLCL. That's why the games are amusing for me to play. I haven't gotten into FMA yet but I might look into it sometime. The movie Akira is the best thing I've seen so far. I watched it when I was a kid, and I thought Tetsuo(sp?) was the craziest villain ever.

Shade_

Smash Ace
OMG, the AC forums, say I am loggen in, but when I try and do something it says only registered ravens can do this, and I am already loged in, whats with this. Ahhhhhhhhh.

oh well vega, tell the other guy, that I am looking forward for the three of us meeting and having some god battles as well.

Yah I am not so picky about the anime I watch, I don't really care if its story sucks, "I cant tell", or if the characters voices stick, as long as its not cartoonish I am happy "those things scare me". Actually if I like any one part of an Anime, like it has cool fight seens, or awsome something. I will watch it.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:
Shanx: Did we even meet at Rasta's? I think the guy that I talked to about the Naruto game was you, not sure though.....
probably, i was the one that asked what game it was. Next time i'll just wear a nametag so no worries.

If anyone has hellsing on dvd, i've been meaning to watch that for a while.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
OMG, the AC forums, say I am loggen in, but when I try and do something it says only registered ravens can do this, and I am already loged in, whats with this. Ahhhhhhhhh.

oh well vega, tell the other guy, that I am looking forward for the three of us meeting and having some god battles as well.
It's all good then, hope you get that problem fixed.

In other news, okgamers.com announced a SSB64 tournament in Tulsa, May 13th. Just letting everyone know since this is a Smash site and all. Link:

http://okgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=12

Lol, Deck has been talkin' alot lately, he thinks he's too good. Po and Fresh are going to put his skills (and ego) to the test tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it went.

Sry Shanx, I don't know anyone that has any Hellsing dvd's.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hey guys I am trying to get together a small ssbm party at my house if some of you guys want to come. PM me about it! I would love for some of you guys to come. If everything works out it will be this saturday starting at noon.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Scud said:
hey guys I am trying to get together a small ssbm party at my house if some of you guys want to come. PM me about it! I would love for some of you guys to come. If everything works out it will be this saturday starting at noon.
Awesome Scud, it's about time we get some games in. I'll be sure to bring the the lowtier action.

Shade, perfect time for some AC?

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'll see if I can come although I don't think my parents want to drive all the way down to Norman >_>. If it's ok RastaImpasta do you think I could get a ride over to Scud's? I'm itching to fight everyone again.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
If I can go KOSMOS, you can tag along. Ive finally got Lcanceling down with fox and Roy. My fox has been getting better, still cant shop hop on purpose, and Im getting that waveshine and infinite shine down, almost got it. Im playin with peach, but having a hard time with her (I know, crazy isnt it), so hopefully on friday KOSMOS you can help me out with that. Also, I want to start playing marth, I need atleast one more character that I can play. Since I play Roy, it really shouldnt be that hard adjusting to his weight, floatyness, and attack speed. Falco, I want to start playing him, but Pay$ plays him and it pisses me off, but it makes me feel so much better when I win. So I guess my main is Roy, Second is Fox, Then Peach, Marth, And Faclo.
Well Im at school, dont have too much time on the computers right now, so Im out. Im looking forward to saturday scud, Ill have to PM you when I get home.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hey is it saturday. If so that will help me ditermine what to do on that day. We do need to fight everyone, here are some good videos to get an idea of what well be up agains on MLG. Be sure to look at them and then take something out of it.

Go do video.google.com and look at Pure nastynes, and Hylian Nightmare. If youve seen it already, then you know what to expect.

I think that we need to get together and AC FOR SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE Vega, this time is for real, not talk like its always been.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Hey is it saturday. If so that will help me ditermine what to do on that day. We do need to fight everyone, here are some good videos to get an idea of what well be up agains on MLG. Be sure to look at them and then take something out of it.

Go do video.google.com and look at Pure nastynes, and Hylian Nightmare. If youve seen it already, then you know what to expect.

I think that we need to get together and AC FOR SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE Vega, this time is for real, not talk like its always been.
OH NOOEESSS!!111!!!:eek:

*Locks all doors and puts on helmet*

*Looks around, make sures it's safe*

BRING IT ON!!!!:rocket:

Shade, since we have MLG Dallas coming right around the corner, I'm going to get you alot of Top-tier character practice. It's too late for any thing else (except AC), but after the Tournament, I'm going to drop Top-tier forever and go back to my beloved bottom tier characters. I'm just trying to get you an extra gain of practice since your practically the one everyone's going to judge Oklahoma by.

Edit: Oh yeah, we need to record stuff for sure. I'm bringing my VCR this time but I don't have blank tapes.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Sweet guys I hope all of you can make it! Yea it is going to start saturday at noon and it will last till midnight. 12 hours of fun! :) It may be a fairly lengthy drive but it really isn't that bad. I drove up to OKC for the last smashfest and it wasn't bad at all. But yea I hope to see you guys there. Btw, I need as many t.v.'s and gcn's as you guys can bring. Everyone please PM me so i know that you are coming and please le tme know if you can bring a t.v. or gamecube. One more thing.............while rastaimposta didn't require anyone to pay for food I would need you guys to bring like 2.50 each for pizza and drinks (surely that isn't too much to ask). Also please eat before you come so we can order the pizza later in the day. Please PM me:).

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Ok I kinda got some bad news... I don't think I'll be able to make it to the smashfest Saturday. The reason is because my computer had crashed(again). I told my parents ever since they installed it that my computer wouldn't be able to handle my schoolwork because it had such a small hardrive. Being parents, they didn't listen and installed it anyway. A month or two later, what happens? It crashes and I lose 3 weeks of schoolwork *sigh*.

Anyway I'm thinking "No problem it shouldn't take but a month or so to catch up." Well, my mom comes up to me and says "Chris, since you are behind on your school you can't go over to Rasta's house until you catch up with your school." So I'm a little ticked off and respond. "Why not? Me and him have to get some practice in before MLG Dallas." She stares at me and says. "Well about that... I've decided that if you don't catch up with your school before this event happens then you can't go."

Now.. I'm officially ticked off.. WHY should I be responsible if it was THEIR fault in the first place?! I told them the computer was going to crash.. did they listen? Nope. My mom even had the nerve to say "Things like this happen in life and you have to learn to deal with it." WTF?! It was her god **** fault in the first place(yes I am ticked off as I am writing this).

So now I'm stuck at home trying to bulldoze my way through 80+ assignments to catch up with before MLG when the whole ordeal wasn't even my fault.. This is BS..

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
KOSMOS, you should buy your own computer with a huge harddrive. Ive got a 200gig hard drive in this computer, didnt really cost that much either. How long ago did your computer crash? Unless you have already wiped the hard drive, my mom might be able to save it. Im sure it wouldnt be too hard, we have had the craziest virus's on our computer and my mom fixed them, took a lil work, but she fixed them. At around 8 or so call here and ask her to fix it, Ill tell her that you need some help with the computer.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I got my mom's CPU, so I don't have to worry about hardrive space anymore. See her's the thing.. my mom says that there is nothing she can do about my schoolwork(which is a lie because I'm about to explain). I still have the memory from my last computer and we inserted it into my mom's. So I'm like 3-4 weeks behind on schoolwork.

My mom could just catch me up within a matter of minutes by giving me a grade on the assignments that I've already done before my CPU crashed(yes you can do that with my school). When I asked her if she could do this she was like "there's nothing I can do about it sorry" which is a flat out lie but.. whatever... *goes back to doing school*

Scud

Smash Apprentice
wow that really sucks. I hope everything works out for you kos mos:-/. I really hope you can make it this saturday.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Man I know exactly how you feel, my mom is like the same way, I feel like doing your HW for you I have so much free time I waste on Metroid hunters.

but anny wayys....................... Oh............ I WILL bring it vega. Count on it. I cant wait, This time I will bring some of the tapes I have. I kinda don't want to put up the matches though. Our opponents will be able to view them when this happens. But its up to you. I want to record some AC though. Hmm do you think the other AC guy, could come to the saturday thing?

I don't mind fighting you with high teers vega, I need the practice any way, the dittos were great though lol. My C falcon really stinks but hey .....remember that Falcon Punch lol.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hey guys make sure to read my post about saturday and to PM if you are coming so I can send you my address.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
teh scud and teh mlg

yeah, i'll be able to make it, seeing as how i live in the same town. i'll be introducing some more people from norman there, don't know how much it will contribute, but hey- the bigger the scene, the mroe fun, right? i've changed my main from marth to falcon; with shiek, link, fox, jigglypuff, and yoshi still big hitters.

and yes, as far as the mlg tournies go, there will be sucky people, and there will be captainjack-esque people. i know this kid who i've often beaten in a 5 stock without losing a life...he actually got in the top 16 at dallas because he kept running into freaking ******** people. partially luck. but luck isn't something to rely on, so it's parties like this where we can test what we've practiced, and apply what we are working on. hence, why scud is awesome.

ciao. -vodot

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Man KOS-MOS, I REALLY hope you can retrieve your data without doing it all over again. If I lost 3 weeks worth of essays and projects I would go nuts. I'm just glad that I finally graduated highschool, I don't want to go through all that again........ Well, I still got college to go, but that's going to be different.

Shade_ said:
Man I know exactly how you feel, my mom is like the same way, I feel like doing your HW for you I have so much free time I waste on Metroid hunters.

but anny wayys....................... Oh............ I WILL bring it vega. Count on it. I cant wait, This time I will bring some of the tapes I have. I kinda don't want to put up the matches though. Our opponents will be able to view them when this happens. But its up to you. I want to record some AC though. Hmm do you think the other AC guy, could come to the saturday thing?

I don't mind fighting you with high teers vega, I need the practice any way, the dittos were great though lol. My C falcon really stinks but hey .....remember that Falcon Punch lol.
Falcon Punch.......is.........slow.....................and........confusing..............

Well, I can see where you're coming from. We don't have to put the matches up then, but I still want to record some. I have yet to get ahold of the other AC guy. He's an active user, but things in ACO are real slow so we'll have to hope he sees my message in time. I really want to train you against Sheik though. Maybe until you can capitalize on every single weakness she has under my abilities. Even though I turned low-tier, she is still the second deadliest in my current arsenal.

Vodot: It's good to finally see the southern side of OK coming out. It doesn't matter if it's just one guy or a whole crew, recruiting and involving new or vet smashers is definitely the best contribution to the community. I can't wait to see what Norman is made of.

Today, I made it to Po's house, but Deck didn't. We didn't even get some Smash in, only watched Fresh own some guy in Madden and practiced combos with Po in Street fighter. I guess we'll see how Deck will do at Scud's place. I'll make sure he brings his share of Pizza funds.

Top Bottom