• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hey KOSMOS, my mom said that she would try and fix your computer so you can recover your assignments so you can come practice smash!! Just let me know if thats cool you and your parents.

Shade_

Smash Ace
And KOS-MOS, you said if your mom did something that you could get a head start on the work you did, well do the last part of the work first, and then try your best to pursuade your mom to do the thing and get the first half of it done.

Yah I personally think Shiek is the hardest fo fight, with my style of characters. but it is a good thing if I have some practice against her So that will work out. And Vadot, we really don't care if people are sucky or not, if they really want to good at MLG they will practice and get much better before then lol plus you have the help of the rest of the smash community.

I changed my AC color, ...........again. This time I think I will stick to it lol.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Saturday will be alot of good training, Ive been practicing 4pm-6pm 7pm-???pm/am on smash. Smash is currently the only game that I am playing, my Fox is getting better by so much, my roy however is progressing slower, maybe because Im playing fox more than I am roy. Anyway, on saturday, who wants to help me with peach?
Oh, Vegafuse, Ill try and get that DVD to you on saturday at scud's, if I can make it anyway. You just want 1v1 matches, right? No combo videos or KillaOR's documentary? Im trying to find East Coast vs West Coast, so I can put it on a seperate disc, because that is an awesome smash comp.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RastaImposta said:
Saturday will be alot of good training, Ive been practicing 4pm-6pm 7pm-???pm/am on smash. Smash is currently the only game that I am playing, my Fox is getting better by so much, my roy however is progressing slower, maybe because Im playing fox more than I am roy. Anyway, on saturday, who wants to help me with peach?
Oh, Vegafuse, Ill try and get that DVD to you on saturday at scud's, if I can make it anyway. You just want 1v1 matches, right? No combo videos or KillaOR's documentary? Im trying to find East Coast vs West Coast, so I can put it on a seperate disc, because that is an awesome smash comp.
Yeah, I just wanted 1v1's. It was basically the OK finals, the latest Shade's Crew volume, and a bunch of Top-end players like Ken, Wes, and Azen. I've been meaning to watch that West Coast vs. East Coast vid too for the longest. Sorry if that's a bit too much, but I haven't seen any Smash vids in like forever. Thanks for taking the time making it, I'm so lost without reference.

As for Peach, the best players I know of in OK is Fresh and Kosmos. They know everything there is about Peach, so they are your best bets. But I don't know if Fresh will be able to make it Saturday, and Po has to work till 9pm.

Hey Shade, I don't have a copy of 9B. You think you can bring it? I still got to completely rehaul my ACs because of the new banned parts accumulating in the list. I posted it on ACO if you want to check it out.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
is wes really that good? i saw his combo vid which was an okay montage, but all the matches i've seen of him didn't impress me much. if you find a link for the west coast v. east caost vid, post it please. i could easily find it...but i'm too lazy. and playing too much ssbm.

even though i've just been playing with samus and jigglypuff; i'll use link and captain falcon saturday, and maybe you guys can help me with my shiek. i tried mewtwo but i get too pissed off sometimes, so i'll stick the who i use now. i know scud can help me with my fox, and i'm done using marth just because i don't feel like it, but yeah.

also, help with link would be nice. i've been watching germ but i still can't figure out how place bombs. and i need to learn how to use falcon's stationary jump attack more effectively. so if anyone could help me with that, it'd be awesome.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hold on hold on, find one or two characters and master them first. Then I can give you easier help lol.

But yah if you get some vids rosster I will pay you for a copy to.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vodot, which guy were you at Rasta's party?

And Vega, do you think that I could get some top-tier practicing in with you as well? I need to brush up on my technique against them.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Vodot said:
is wes really that good? i saw his combo vid which was an okay montage, but all the matches i've seen of him didn't impress me much. if you find a link for the west coast v. east caost vid, post it please. i could easily find it...but i'm too lazy. and playing too much ssbm.

even though i've just been playing with samus and jigglypuff; i'll use link and captain falcon saturday, and maybe you guys can help me with my shiek. i tried mewtwo but i get too pissed off sometimes, so i'll stick the who i use now. i know scud can help me with my fox, and i'm done using marth just because i don't feel like it, but yeah.

also, help with link would be nice. i've been watching germ but i still can't figure out how place bombs. and i need to learn how to use falcon's stationary jump attack more effectively. so if anyone could help me with that, it'd be awesome.
Lol, Wes' Samus could take all of us in this thread out. He is good, but determining his mind games in 1v1's may be hard right now, but you'll see them. You probably just saw him against someone like Ken, everyone loses to Ken........:cry:

As for the bomb placing, press the Z button RIGHT before you land. IIRC you can't do it on a flat surface with regular Link, you need an incline. I know for a fact Young Link can do it on a flat surface. Captain Falcon's neutral Aerial A, or n-air, is used differently than a normal SHFFL. If you can already do a normal SHFFL, then I'll demonstrate the best uses for his n-air.

Oh yeah, once you have enough experience with a character you want to use, Shade should be able to give you some tips to get to the next level.

Zinth: Sure thing, I'm afraid everyone is going to run into a Sheik in MLG, and that's going to be a problem if you don't know how to face one. That's why I'm trying to get Deck to go too, his shiek doesn't hold good ground against mine, but he knows how to abuse her cheapness.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Im getting East Coast vs West Coast right now, it should be done by tomorrow. I guess if more people want this, I can do it, but it will be like $10 per disc. It will have matches of Ken, Isai, ChuDat, Masashi (Roy, Might not add that), DSF, Hella, BobMoney, Wolf, Arash (Plays as bowser might change aswell), Silentspectre, and Zelgadis.

If you have any other people that you would want to be shown, just ask.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I say we shouldn't put the full matches up, but just an OK combo vid. some of the best parts of the matches. Just make a mental note any time everyone in the room goes "OHHHHHHHHH" and make one vid from it.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Guys please remember to read my post about this Saturday and to PM me! :) I am trying to get everyone i can to come. Thanks. (sorry if i keep posting about it but i want everyone to see it and have the opportunity.......i see people posting that aren't responding about it)

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Scud said:
Guys please remember to read my post about this Saturday and to PM me! :) I am trying to get everyone i can to come. Thanks. (sorry if i keep posting about it but i want everyone to see it and have the opportunity.......i see people posting that aren't responding about it)
Nah, your not posting too much, just ensuring everyone gets the message. BTW, I grin everytime I see the duck avatar. It forces an image that there's a really weak guy behind the computer screen, lol. I guess it's like the movie WaterBoy, where you imagine something harmless to boost your confidence :lol:

That sounds about right Rasta. I look forward to the DVD.

Putting the highlights from the battles is the way to go, Shanx. Maybe a teaser vid for Rasta's tourny.

Shade_

Smash Ace
If we record things like that it will make the OK comboe vid much easier to make. But you guys have to be able to pull off some awsome comboes then. Find a few you like and get them down by sat for recording.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
If we record things like that it will make the OK comboe vid much easier to make. But you guys have to be able to pull off some awsome comboes then. Find a few you like and get them down by sat for recording.
I guess we can make something on the lines of the DBR vids. You know, like amazing parts of a battle or something. Heck, we could just rip something from the old vids. Have you ever seen the Evo2K5 trailer? Maybe something like that.

Since we're both into ZOE2, here is a link to an AMV equivalent for videogames:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_cUacE3eGU&search=zone of the enders 2

I just found it right now, but I can't watch it. I heard it was good though.

Yeah Scud, it's a morale booster lol.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
whoa, we're action replaying this or something? cool, cool, i layed down a sweet 120% combo with captain falcon today, the second half was on accident, and i need to freaking find out what i did again.
if we could implement some original combos a video would represent us very well. Oh, i run a coalition clan(CoH, Halo, AvP2, SSBM) called Courtesy of Mr. Pants. Anyone want us to start an OK SSBM clan? is there one? if so and if not, you should all join my clan, or we should start a new one. aaaand if there is one, w00t.

who was i in OKC? i was the 'kid with the nose ring'. lost to kevin and freaking scud(caugh*edgehugging*caugh :p). i've been playing some matches against falco, though. i tried playing with him, his weight is really weird. i don't know how you guys do it. oh well.

i was on youtube today and some idiot posted a video of himself playing a lvl 9 computer. OMGWTFBBQ! how awesome, huh?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol vadot, hey some people are just trying to have fun, and dont know better or dont have any wone to play with. And its Kuni.

And we are recording the matches on tape, to make an OK comboe vid. And yes there is a team already. You met almost all the members and Rosters house. Your welcome to Join our though.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys I think I will be able to attend the smashfest Saturday. I'm not 100% sure but I think I will be able to come. My mom says if I get close to catching up then I can come. Also sorry about the other day, I just needed to rant and release the stress. Rasta don't worry about the computer, I'll just redo everything(I got about 20+ assignments done yesterday so I'm making progress).

Also I've figured out the perfect combo with Roy against fast fallers. I'm also trying to perfect wavedashing from the ledge and then go into a shine then follow up with a u-smash with Fox.. I've almost got it down. Hopefully I will see you guys there, If not just tell me how it goes.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Cool you need to be there any way, I tried to get that comboe down a long time ago, but I never really got it perfect. Though I am pretty sure you can do it with practice.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
KOS-MOS said:
Ok guys I think I will be able to attend the smashfest Saturday. I'm not 100% sure but I think I will be able to come. My mom says if I get close to catching up then I can come. Also sorry about the other day, I just needed to rant and release the stress. Rasta don't worry about the computer, I'll just redo everything(I got about 20+ assignments done yesterday so I'm making progress).

Also I've figured out the perfect combo with Roy against fast fallers. I'm also trying to perfect wavedashing from the ledge and then go into a shine then follow up with a u-smash with Fox.. I've almost got it down. Hopefully I will see you guys there, If not just tell me how it goes.
Alright, Awesome man. Hey, don't worry about that rant either, we knew how you felt. This may be one of the last get-togethers before MLG, so we gotta get all the practice we need. I'm going to be using mostly Shiek throughout the day, because she's the character that ultimately put me down 2 years ago in Austin (I didn't know how to fight her). I don't want anyone else to suffer the same fate that I did so I'll try to make sure no one leaves the border without general Sheik knowledge.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah shiek is the one character that really poses problems for most people, and Falco if they know how to be annoying.

Well I am trying to get my group used to fighting marth, and most of them can do quite well agains him.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Saturday is going to be great, the practice will hopefully be everything I need. Lcanceling, short hopping, and wavedashing, Ive learned how to do all of those with my main, cant short hop with fox yet.
Today was a ok day, I learned alot, my mind games need a bit of fine tuning though. I thought I broke my pattern and repetiveness, but it just turns out I changed a few moves and the reptitiveness is still there. So all of today and tomorrow will just be practice for my mind games. Im looking forward to playing you all again.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
This is great. So far i have a list of 16 people that will probably show up between noon to midnight. I need some more people telling me whether they can bring a t.v. and cube. We wouldn't want a lot of people sitting around not being able to play.

Btw are brandon and mark coming? if so that is 18 people lol. We definately need more t.v.'s. So far i only have a couple people who have told me they will bring some. Please PM me if you will bring a t.v. and gamecube.

lol my house isn't real huge...... i hope this isnt too cramped. I guess we can spread out.......living room, kitchen, and my room if need be lol. Is it possible for anyone to bring folding chairs or tables for t.v.'s? With how many people are coming it seems like we will need a lot of t.v.'s and tables for them. If we dont have enough tables i guess we could just set them on the ground.
One more VERY important thing: we definately need extention chords/ power strips so if you can bring one. We cannot have too much of anything :).

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I could bring a surge protector if needed.

I'm trying to get as good as i can with marth before mlg. After playing on final destination so much, ledges just kick the crap out of me.

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
yeah, short hopping with fox took me a while. marth was my main, after i learned it with him, i could immediately do it well with yoshi, falcon, sheik, and jigglypuff...but fox is a freaking biotch.

i will focus on captain falcon and link saturday, i think. i was going to do sheik as a second, but seeing as how a couple of others will be sheik, i will be link so that everyone gets more experience by fighting more toons. i started doing the bomb lays now, thanks for the info for that :)

see you guys in 40 hours

Gravity

Smash Ace
Yeah, Ill be there, and ill bring along those other guys, znth and shade, but whatever.

blah blah ill bring a gamecube like always, and a tv,

yeah, i figured out that Falco is a noob wannabe loser . He just sits there hopping and shooting lasers until the end of time.

I have someones memory card from rosters party, its gray and it rattles when you shake it, and it has, uh, 8 save files on it, and stuff, so if its anybody take it back tomorrow, and i assume you have mine so yeah

I need to know if this is a sleepover, and if we're meeting halfway and all that junk before saturday, so if you can tell me scud, that would help.

Just remember, its not about you or me, its about wii.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Gravity said:
Yeah, Ill be there, and ill bring along those other guys, znth and shade, but whatever.

blah blah ill bring a gamecube like always, and a tv,

yeah, i figured out that Falco is a noob wannabe loser . He just sits there hopping and shooting lasers until the end of time.

I have someones memory card from rosters party, its gray and it rattles when you shake it, and it has, uh, 8 save files on it, and stuff, so if its anybody take it back tomorrow, and i assume you have mine so yeah

I need to know if this is a sleepover, and if we're meeting halfway and all that junk before saturday, so if you can tell me scud, that would help.

Just remember, its not about you or me, its about wii.
XD

Nice, lol.

So uh... Yeah, Marth is pretty much awesome :p

And am I the only person that never really had a hard time short-hopping with Fox?

Shade_

Smash Ace
I had a hard time at the beginning, and what are you talking about Grav, don't forget the AR.

Falco, is cool "his colar is up." And his down throw has four lasers. And not every falco runs away, to shoot more, most like to shine pillar spam, while the shoot and come towards you. Ijust geabe my bro special styles.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Vodot said:
yeah, short hopping with fox took me a while. marth was my main, after i learned it with him, i could immediately do it well with yoshi, falcon, sheik, and jigglypuff...but fox is a freaking biotch.

i will focus on captain falcon and link saturday, i think. i was going to do sheik as a second, but seeing as how a couple of others will be sheik, i will be link so that everyone gets more experience by fighting more toons. i started doing the bomb lays now, thanks for the info for that :)

see you guys in 40 hours
Don't worry about me being Sheik Vodot, I'm not going to use her for so long. My main and ONLY characters are Bowser, Mewtwo, and Pichu. I use to use everyone but it was getting too hard to keep up with so many. I'm only going against that because MLG is coming in real soon and we have yet to have tournament like training. As soon as that's over, I'm going to kiss top-tier goodbye. But if you prefer to be Link anyways, n/m. :/

OMG Grav, lol, you had Po's Gamecube the whole time :laugh: But yeah, Po has yours so this looks like a great time to do the trade off. I'm sure Po can't resist a chance like this, we got him where we want him, he has no choice but to go to Scud's! Anyways, I'll throw up if debates over the Wii name comes into this thread. Just as I thought I got away from that madness, it's like there's no escape....... I hope Wii all can agree to that.......

Shorthopping with Fox can take some time, it just takes practice (I know, obvious advice). I guess it can help if you watch someone's controller when they do it. Mindgames? I'm subpar compared to Shade in technical skill, so that's why I have to rely on mindgames against him. Patterns are bad, I mean read like an open book bad. I just observe the enemy and try to limit their oppurtunities as much as I can. That way, there's an easier time predicting what they'll do next. I would be more specific, but that would kill my element of surprise. Oh yeah, Shade's right about the different playstyles with Falco. He plays a pressure game and I emphasize on his combo ability. You'll see on Saturday how varied we are.

Kosmos, what ever happened to Mithos and Haku? Are they still hanging out with their bro or are they done with Smash? I hope it's not the latter.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
er as far as kuni and the crew i wasnt planning on providing rides :-/ I need to set up before the smash party and stuff. And no it isn't a sleep over it starts at noon and ends at midnight (meaning everyone should be packed up and gone at midnight).

And remember eat before you come and bring 2.50 for pizza. My family will probably have koolaid and tea rather than soda (maybe some) to cut down on cost, and possibly stuff for people to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches if pizza isnt enough. :) THanks for the PM's guys keep 'em coming. You must PM for my address.

I think we need more power strips too.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
It's cool when people host Smashfests.....

Yo Scud, there's this other guy that's wanting to comeover, but he's not a Smasher. He's a Raven (plays AC), and he wants to get some AC in with me and Shade at this event. I'm definitely positive that he will be respectful to everyone, your rules, and your property.

Shade, do you think you can bring a PS2 with your memorycard? I don't have a card right now so is it okay if I create a file on it? I can bring my own DS2 controller and a vcr though. If only we had a link cable..........

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:
Kosmos, what ever happened to Mithos and Haku? Are they still hanging out with their bro or are they done with Smash? I hope it's not the latter.
I think Mithos is done with Smash although I'm not sure about Haku. They may be taking a long break I dunno *shrugs shoulders*. I really hope I will be able to come over but again there is no guarantee... I can bring a cube as well(if I come that is).

But yeah, even if I don't get to go its cool.. I'll still own Shade the next time I see him ;).

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is the day! If anyone still hasn't PMed me for my address you might want to do that soon :). Everyone make sure to bring your t.v.'s, gamecubes, $2.50, power strips, extension chords, and make sure to eat before you come :). Thanks guys this should be great.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Yo Grav, do you think you can bring Brandon's gamecube and memcard? He said he's bringing yours back.

Scud said:
Tomorrow is the day! If anyone still hasn't PMed me for my address you might want to do that soon . Everyone make sure to bring your t.v.'s, gamecubes, $2.50, power strips, extension chords, and make sure to eat before you come . Thanks guys this should be great.
Alright Scud! Thanks to hosts like Kosmos, Rasta, and soon yourself, everyone's getting the practice they need for MLG! So far Brandon said he will show but it's going to be around 10pm, and I'm going to talk to Marc about it as soon as he gets off work tonight. There is a roughly 50% chance for Deck showing up so you might want to expect him too. I'll PM you later with updates.....

KOSMOS: Is there no way you can talk him back into Melee? It's sort of a downer, especially when he got second in teams with his bro.

Lol Kosmos, I think I'll be the one owning everyone :flame:

Believe It!!!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Scud said:
er as far as kuni and the crew i wasnt planning on providing rides :-/ I need to set up before the smash party and stuff. And no it isn't a sleep over it starts at noon and ends at midnight (meaning everyone should be packed up and gone at midnight).

And remember eat before you come and bring 2.50 for pizza. My family will probably have koolaid and tea rather than soda (maybe some) to cut down on cost, and possibly stuff for people to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches if pizza isnt enough. :) THanks for the PM's guys keep 'em coming. You must PM for my address.

I think we need more power strips too.
I like Koolaid and tea more than soda anyway :cool:

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, food is nbever a problem when you go to someones house, unless you just hate the food. Whcih I don't, I konw, and lol KOS-MOS, I hope you can come.

And Vega is right, once some one dicides to drop something the only thing to get them back into it is themselvs.

Well I cant wait to see all you again and have some good games.

Top Bottom