• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shade_

Smash Ace
I am sure staying awake isnt the problem, just staying sane Zinth lol from what I heard last time. One week, this is great. And we can mess with Gravs AR to.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
KOSMOS has AR too which he SAID he'd bring over last saturday, but forgot.....Thanks KOSMOS.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hahaha, well we can use two at the same time now. And Have SAND BAG RACES YAAAAAAAAAAAAAh. Ok maybee not but lots of fun things to do with it.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
I am sure staying awake isnt the problem, just staying sane Zinth lol from what I heard last time. One week, this is great. And we can mess with Gravs AR to.
Lol, yeah, I forgot about that part. Those giggle fits hit me really hard =p

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Yikes!! N/M about that challange offer, it looks like my skills are a whole lot more than rusty (Just got 5 stocked by Gameface!) I'm just losing it....... :(

I'm going to have lots of catching up to do between work and sleep.....

And about Saturday, it turns out that Deck and Game are having their "going-away" party. So I'll try to show up at noon and stay atleast till 9ish.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol sorry I forgot about the AR. You're gonna have to remind me to bring it this Saturday otherwise I will probably forget again. Shade, If I go to my japanese lesson this week you can tag along and see how it goes. I'll let you know Wednesday if I'm going or not this week.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yeah man, but you cant stay till 11. Im probably gonna goto sleep at 10 so I can I can stay awake for all saturday.

Also, Cubes and TVs, So far there are only 2 people that can confirm the cubes:
KOSMOS
Zinth (Said he could also bring a small tv?)

Cubes are needed more than TV's
Im ready for saturday, Im guess everybody else is too.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
lol thats cool, I wasn't planning on staying till 11 anyway because I have a staff meeting at work Saturday morning at 8:00 am(shouldn't take longer than an hour). Also I was supposed to work this weekend but someone offered to switch with me(if they hadn't I wouldn't have been able to attend the smashfest. :( So I'm glad that all worked out) :)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
PrinceZane said:
Just a friendly little post to promote an upcoming tournament in Memphis, TN.

INNsomnia - The official thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=69007
You can find this in the Tournament Discussion list, or by going to the calander at the top of the screen and clicking the link on May 6th.

Hope to see you guys there!
I'd love to be able to go to that, but I doubt that I'd be able to :(

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hmm, I might be ablt to go if any of you will be able to go if any of you can go. So far the MLG is the one most on my mind, but this would be extra and exalent practice for it.

Zinth you did great against Grav, though against me you didn't fair as well, it was mainly because I play different than andy, and he dosn't know how to put pressure on your foe yet, half of the game is simply out smarting your foe, the other half is not making mistakes. Well, I can bring a cube if thats ok.

And Grav is brining AR for saturday so no worries. I cant wait to share it with you.

Thanks for the invitation Prince Zane.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I am considering going now. I think my saturday is free. If there is enough space i would like to come. You guys keep talking about guys from Norman..........I am from Norman lol. But yea I hope to be able to make it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Alright, Its been a while. I need the adress for the party on saturday, and i can bring a cube and AR and probably a TV. No VCR though, and i doubt any blank tapes.
There's a chance I might be able to stay over night at the party.

On an unrelated note,i changed my main back to samus, and i live right next to znth now so i get to play against him every monday and wednesday, and shade every tuesday and thursday, so yeah...

And at some point in the future we might be able to do these smashfests at my house, but probably not very often or soon because of the people that live in my new house now.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Scud said:
Hey guys I am considering going now. I think my saturday is free. If there is enough space i would like to come. You guys keep talking about guys from Norman..........I am from Norman lol. But yea I hope to be able to make it.
Yeah, hopefully you can make it. Since everyone here is improving, I was wondering if you have like some sort of crew you smash with yourself. Maybe you can meet up with those other Norman smashers and see what they're all about sometime.

Rasta, I should be able to bring my TV and VCR, don't know about the cube though.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Wow guys, I blinked and this thread exploded in size, lol.

You guys seem to be improving a lot from what I've seen. Gimme some new vids, I wanna see the action! lol

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
We should have some new vids pretty soon, me and Shanx were thinking about trying and making a Oklahoma Smash video from all the fights from saturday.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
South_Paw said:

You guys seem to be improving a lot from what I've seen. Gimme some new vids, I wanna see the action! lol
We do need some new vids. I want to post vids of myself and ask for advice, but all of the vids I have of myself now are way outdated. Sweet sig btw.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol, I think new vids are a good idea any way.

Expect me there the night rosta as well as my bros and grav.

And yah we need to make a crew smash vid lol.

Vega how bout finally some good ol AC mathces, I havnt been able to get your designs on my card since my ps2 broke, but I don't mind waiting for you to make your own AC.

This..... is going to be......... fun.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
South_Paw said:

Sup man, long time no type ;)

So how's the Graveyard Pheonix coming along, sorry about all those dissapointments. I was really planning on going, but when it came down to it everything just conflicted with eachother (nobody wants to hear lame excuses, so I'll end it at that)...... If we can get those matches recorded tomorrow and posted up, then you can expect some of my Bowser/Mewtwo matches.

Shade_ said:
Vega how bout finally some good ol AC mathces, I havnt been able to get your designs on my card since my ps2 broke, but I don't mind waiting for you to make your own AC.
Thinking the same thing....... maybe we can post our matches on ACO and get some tips and impressions while we're at it.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
My tournament hasn't happened yet, I'm still trying to get a good location, people keep saying they'll ask around but nobody does... I'm still looking. But after i do get it up and running, I'll prob. be able to get a lot of out of state competition especially after meeting so many people as a result of the long beach tourney.

I'll keep you guys updated

Shade_

Smash Ace
You do that South Paw, I might be able to go who knows lol.

And vega I would like to record some of those matchese to, of AC and put them online, and get some tips though, I don't think the have a sec for things like that in the AC boards, I am sure I can start A TREND lol. Well yah I need to play someone at that. And TODAY is hear.

Oh And Vega if you get this message, bring Nine breaker, Grav has mine, and I don't thikn that he will remember to bring it.

Thanks see you all there.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Wow, that was great. I had an awesome time. Thanks a lot for hosting the smashfest. We should definately do these a lot more often. :)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Couldnt have said it better, that was one fun time.

And Vega, those were some awsome ditto matches, especially the Mewtwo ones lol. ..............I think there is like an invisible force field not letting us ever play AC, and I am getting a bit annoyed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Oh well I will still try and bring it next time.

Not bad KOS MOS, actually I think everyone did alot better than what lI remember last time. And I need to say that if you have any hopes of doing well in MLG, your first thing you have to watch out for is not to follow patterns, if you do me, and vega will let you know just how easy you are to read. That was one of the things I saw most of you do.

And try your best not to release your Lagerific attacks unless you are sure they weill hit. Alot of times it is better to go with the safer and faster tilts, or neutral A attacks, unles you fight a CC'r and then you have to be smart.

Everyone keep practicing, and try get your skills as high as possible before MLG. This thing means alot to me, in more ways than one and I want everyone to go in with their skill at the level that they want it.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
After Saturday, Im going to be practicing alot (Japanese and Smash!) Hopefully the next time we play Ill do better, and I will make sure Ill practice on not being predictable. Shade, it was great playing you, too bad you have to leave at 9am.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Cool smashfest Rasta, I had a great time. Everyone's improving.

Zinth, you're a whole lot better than I thought. You and Kosmos can easily take my Bowser, but my Pichu did manage to steal some wins. Good games Scud, you caught on to my lowtier gimmicks pretty quick. I only played Marthkiller and Grav a couple times in teams, but I look forward to some 1on1's next time. Just to let you guys know, Po and Fresh are actually better than what they pulled backed there (which wasn't bad). I guess the two days going with no sleep had an affect on their metagame......

Hey Shade, we need to get some more practice in against eachother. By just looking at those CaptainJack vids, we have a loooooooooooooooonnggggg ways to go........ and from what I hear, any average Texas player would prove more than a match for both of us.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
that was an excellent smash fest. zinth was a very good match. Thanks to shade i know what to work on. If things keep going the way they are, we're gonna tear mlg a new one.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Hey Shade, we need to get some more practice in against eachother. By just looking at those CaptainJack vids, we have a loooooooooooooooonnggggg ways to go........ and from what I hear, any average Texas player would prove more than a match for both of us.
Eh, iono about that part; JesusFreak seemed to think Shade was about his level based on the most recent videos we have, which aren't very recent anymore. Do correct me if I'm mistaken JF.

I'm starting to wonder if I even have the capacity to get too much better. I feel like I've almost maxed out right now. Maybe that's just me being depressing though.

Top Bottom