• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling confident:

Does anyone want to ditto $mm me? $1-$5? 2 out of 3 if anyone does. This way, I can see your %100 output as if your at a tourny. Don't just disregard this if you think you play at your max casually, trust me when I say you'll bring out the better player in you when something's on the line (title, money, etc.). Only Ditto matches though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hopefully Deck will be able to make it the 15th, he is decent with Sheik and the captain. He was that guy that came real late to our tourny and he played a couple games against Shade. There's another guy in my crew (Game) that isn't too bad, I don't know if this is the kind of thing he would go to, but I'll try to bring him along too (assuming it's ok with you Rasta).
You can bring them if you want to, Ive got no problem with it! Like I said before, If you can, please TELL ME you are coming, its best I make arrangements for people that are coming. If alot of people that I dont know are coming, its going to be hard to have a good time. Im trying to set it up so we wont have to have any extra tvs or cubes.

Also, for MLG. Hopefully after the 15th, we should get together every now and then to practice for MLG.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
You can bring them if you want to, Ive got no problem with it! Like I said before, If you can, please TELL ME you are coming, its best I make arrangements for people that are coming. If alot of people that I dont know are coming, its going to be hard to have a good time. Im trying to set it up so we wont have to have any extra tvs or cubes.

Also, for MLG. Hopefully after the 15th, we should get together every now and then to practice for MLG.
I think that we need to start hosting some more tournaments after the 15th as well.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
Ill try and get one going at my house if I cant find another place to do it.
That other place you mentioned before that only has one restroom sounds good too. For just the Oklahoma smashers, one restroom is just fine.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
hey shade, i'm probably gonna need some of your grade A training if i wanna do good at mlg. I don't want to look bad.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Omega_Star said:
That other place you mentioned before that only has one restroom sounds good too. For just the Oklahoma smashers, one restroom is just fine.

It is ok, but its downtown and not a good place once I think about it. It will probably be at my house.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Do you have an aim, And if you tell me what attacks you prefere to do, and your style of fight, "defensive, offensive, spam one move lol" I can give you help really fast if I know what type of playre you are. do you have aim.

You should smash with my group, I garantee you we wont give you anything less that what KOS-MOS, Roster and his bro. In fact I know we will be very different from what your used to fighting, I made Zinth, and Especially dart, and Grav to have very very uniqe styles, and they have gotten probably as much better as you guys have in the past weeks.

Wow grave has dicide to learn to super wave dash, wich made me want to do the same, we can do it like one out of every 8 times lol. But hey I started out the same way when I learned power shield, so hey I will get it in time, and months are plenty enough.

Speaking of witch, EVERYONE learn to power shield with your main character, Different characters TAKE DIFFERENT TIMINGS FOR THEIR POWERSHIELDS. So shanxe get two controllers, and use one hand to shoot your self, and the other to shield. "prferably learn to block Falco's shots, it helps the most"

And Vega, how bout I fight you with everything I have without the money. I always do it like that lol. I would but I am just completely broke.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Hey... Yo.

What's up, guys? It's been FOREVER since I last posted, but I still live. Work's been killing me lately (we've lost two people, one of which was the other Asst. Mgr. so we've had to play catch up) Rasta, Fresh and I will definitely be there, but I'll probably be like an hour or two late. I'm going to have to bargain with my boss and see if I can leave early, but I seriously doubt it.

I definitely need the practice, I played Marc the other day and could barely keep up with him. He's improved greatly since we got back from Austin and I just haven't had the time to practice like I want. I'm glad to hear that everyone's "powering up" so to speak, so I hope to be challenged greatly at this thing. Vegafuse, I'm going to try and see if we can get some playtime in-- how does Friday night sound? I'm hoping to get out of work around 5pm, so I'll see if Marc is down for it. As for the rest of you guys, good stuff. I'm glad OK finally has a Smash community. Now, if we could just get some of those Norman guys to join Smashboards...

See y'all on the 15th!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh yah, Zinth whens the flyer gona be done. lol, its been a while, I know its been a buisy week, but the thing is like um, next week. And we want some norman people down here even if they arnt that great, which I doubt, they can get there. But all the competition the better.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
RastaImp0sta (Me)
Marth Killer (My bro)
Shade
Dart (Im sure hes coming)
Omega Star (Zinth)
KOS-MOS
Vegafuse
PoPimpus

Alright, now we are starting to get some more tier diversity!

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
po pimpus said:
I definitely need the practice, I played Marc the other day and could barely keep up with him. He's improved greatly since we got back from Austin and I just haven't had the time to practice like I want. I'm glad to hear that everyone's "powering up" so to speak, so I hope to be challenged greatly at this thing. Vegafuse, I'm going to try and see if we can get some playtime in-- how does Friday night sound? I'm hoping to get out of work around 5pm, so I'll see if Marc is down for it. As for the rest of you guys, good stuff. I'm glad OK finally has a Smash community. Now, if we could just get some of those Norman guys to join Smashboards...

See y'all on the 15th!
I'm up for it, I'll call you or Marc around 5:30. Maybe we should go over your place, Rigo wants to get some bobo's chicken anyways (the honey makes it top tier).

The thing is, I also noticed that Marc got suspiciously too good. Come to think of it, even his Ness could beat ANY of my characters......... If Heath and Derrick were still around, they probably wouldn't even stand a chance against him either. But I definitely want to see what's up with the Norman folk. When I use to play 3s with the SRKers at the Union, smashers would sometimes come in setting up a gamecube and stuff. I don't think they were very significant though because they were easily challanged by lv7 cpu AI >__> ........ Hopefully the Norman guys everyone's talking about are on a whole different level..........

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
^^^
hahahh

Im sure some Normal smashers are quite good. You probably just saw a bad group or something.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
It is ok, but its downtown and not a good place once I think about it. It will probably be at my house.
Hmm, well, if your house is big enough, I guess that'd be just as good. coK was held at Watty's house, so your house should work well for tournaments too.

Shade_ said:
Oh yah, Zinth whens the flyer gona be done. lol, its been a while, I know its been a buisy week, but the thing is like um, next week. And we want some norman people down here even if they arnt that great, which I doubt, they can get there. But all the competition the better.
I actually finished the flyer yesterday. But you know that, because I told you at school today. But anyway, here it is.

Also, everyone here should post all of the characters that they use (and the characters' colors) here so I can make a database to add to the website. My characters are Red Marth, Red Fox, Red Sheik, Red Falco, and Red Ganon.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I like the flyer Zinth! I think you should also put Email Address (RastaImp0sta@gmail.com) because not everybody has Aim.

I hope we can get alot of people on the 15th, that would be awesome.

MLG Dallas, Im going for sure, nothing is going to stop me from getting there. I started to learn super wavedashing, Its a lil difficult, but I should have it by tonight! Im sure (depending on how many of us go) we will put up an awesome fight. "**** man, your good, where ya from?" "OKLAHOMA!!! Represent." MLG Dallas will be the setup for Oklahoma players!

Shade_

Smash Ace
NIIIIICEEEEEEEEEEE Zinth on the flyer, looks better than anything I could do. Are you sure you want all that info, it might be alittle much, but if it will satisfy you,

Black Marth, Might change to "white later"
Black Samus
Blue Falco
Blue Fox
Blue Roy
White Link
White Shiek
White Peach
Brown Mario
White Luigi
Blue Zelda
Black Falcon
Blue Yoshi
White Yung Link
White Dc.Mario
Blue Jigglepuff
Blue Mewtwo

Thats everyone I can use pretty well. They are in no specific order, exept for the first 5 or 6 but Marth is the way to go.

Lee uses
Blue Fox
Blue Marth

Dart uses
Green Falco
Green DC. Mario
Green Luigi
Green Mario
Green Marth

Since I know your characters better than you Grav I will post yours to
Orange Samus
Green Luigi

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, well done Zinth.*Thumbs up* If that doesn't attract some potential players, I don't know what will.

Although I use all the characters evenly, I already decided that I won't have the time to improve all of them the way I want, so I will only focus on these three:

Normal Bowser
Normal Mewtwo
Redscarf Pichu

oh, and add Sandbag. I forgot to show you guys how good I am with it.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Very nice flyer Zinth!

The character I am good with are:

Regular Fox
Blue Link
Blue Peach
Regular Falco
Regular Marth
Green Sheik
Green Roy

I think thats it.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Oh yah sand bag is great, so great in fact the game freezes if you do anything but jump run, and air dodge.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Man, it sucks that You and zinth couldnt come over and smash, Me, MarthKiller, KOSMOS, and Shanx are having a great time!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha, me Zinth, Dart, Lee, and Grav are haning out tommorow. So don't worry, were getting as much practice as you. Any way, maybee you could let your mom have one of them over tommorow to Zinth, though if you cant then pay it no mind.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
Man, it sucks that You and zinth couldnt come over and smash, Me, MarthKiller, KOSMOS, and Shanx are having a great time!
Yeah, it sucks that we couldn't go =\ One of these weeks though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Shanx, why did you post your Aim SN?

Whatever, ONE MORE WEEK GUYS!!!

Get ready for OK's first official smashfest (I think its the first...)

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:

Might as well be the first (even though I think it is anyway). We're the first generation of serious Smashers in OK.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about the first........ Fresh, Po, Deck and I use to go to the Nolan center last spring for weekly smashfests. Even though us four dominated the scene (heh), some of these guys actually played a few elite smashers (Darkrain, MikeG, etc.,). I don't know where they are know, though.

BTW, there were about 12 of them altogether, excluding us four.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
RastaImposta said:

Shade asked for it.

Woo, i can feel the tension. We should make this one an all nighter.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well you can always PM, if you want something private

But I will be talking to you on Aim a bit now.

I don't know about that, if I remember right I think that roster said that an all nighter would be a bit to long, but if you guys hppen to make this a over night thing then that is more than ok with me.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Shade, its cool with me if its an all nighter, Ive got no problem with it. When I started to think about it, there is gonna be alot of people here, there isnt a way this CANT be a STD!!!!!! Just bring a pillow and blanket and find a spot where youll be sleeping. Probably not that many people are going to be able to stay all night, but the more the better.

KOSMOS just destroyed me in some smash, he was a lil bit better than me on tuesday, but now we arent even on the same level. Looks like I got some things to practice tomorrow.

Everybody, if this is going to be a STD, bring maybe $5 or so, I will probably run out of chips/pizza/drinks and will more than likely be going to walmart to pick up stuff. I know its not cool to make people pay for the food, but if it ends up being a STD all the food/drinks will be gone.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Sweet this will be really fun, expect me to be there all night then. Man this is great. Allnight smash, and none of you better woss out on me, since I would like to play allnight lol.

Shade_

Smash Ace
We will, if you fall asleep we will draw on your face, so that you dont do it again, lol ok not really, but well wake you up, that or stuff you with sugar galore.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
there's 9 different starbucks in my neighborhood, we won't fall asleep til july.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
We will, if you fall asleep we will draw on your face, so that you dont do it again, lol ok not really, but well wake you up, that or stuff you with sugar galore.

Hahaha, the jigglypuff treatment. Prepare for a great time guys, Me and shanx (aswell as couple other people) started a STD at 6pm and we played for a good 11 hours before we all decided to goto sleep.

Shade_

Smash Ace
NIIICE, sounds like you guys had some fun, I am just recovering from the flew, and now will be back in the game soon.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, all-nighter eh, sounds good.

Hmm, I just realized an issue with it lasting until the 16th; apparently Easter is on the 16th. It might not cause conflict with everyone, but it might with me.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well if you have to go home Zinth, then I guess thats that. Its too close to the 15th to change it now, I wish I kept it the 8th and we wouldnt be having this problem. I want everybody to stay as long as they can so we can get as much training as possible for MLG Dallas.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
Well if you have to go home Zinth, then I guess thats that. Its too close to the 15th to change it now, I wish I kept it the 8th and we wouldnt be having this problem. I want everybody to stay as long as they can so we can get as much training as possible for MLG Dallas.
Yeah, definitely don't change the date. It's still a good week for a Smashfest as far as I'm concerned. And I don't think many of the people here could wait another week anyway :p I'll go, stay as long as I can, if I can stay the night that's great, if I can't then oh well. I really don't know how long I could stay awake anyway =p

Top Bottom