• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
What is the difference between the current melee and 1.0?
Uhh, I know Bowser can flame cancel on 1.0 (even though I don't know what flame cancelling is >.<), and then I think there's some minor weight and perhaps attack strenght changes, which apparently aren't really noticable, but other than that I think that's about it.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
hey guys i thought i would drop in and say hello since i havnt been checking the boards much, but i still really love playing smash and am interested in joining some of these parties! I wish the other Norman smashers would get on the boards so i could talk to them since i live here too. I dont know if i can make it to rosterimposters smash party but i hope i can if it is alright.

Marc aka Fresh

Smash Rookie
Shade me and brandon was thinking about going to the dallas tourney. We will probably see you guys down there if your crew decides to go. I dont know what it looks like now but maybe u guys can hitch a ride. And another thing we should crew battle those guys from norman are best versus there best. I have yet to play you shade its like some fated battle thats going to take, were around each other but nothing happens.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Scud said:
hey guys i thought i would drop in and say hello since i havnt been checking the boards much, but i still really love playing smash and am interested in joining some of these parties! I wish the other Norman smashers would get on the boards so i could talk to them since i live here too. I dont know if i can make it to rosterimposters smash party but i hope i can if it is alright.

Scud, your more than welcome to come.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Would you liike me to tune your parts. I will make you a scheme for your AC's any way, since if you don't like it you can change it easy.

Yah really, Ok almost definetly I can go to the tournament, in dalas, the old one my dad really wanted me to go, but my mom was like NOOOOOOOo, and this time my dad heard it was in dallas, and he was like," Ok this time I really want you to go Kuni, I will talk to mom." And I was like YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now I am really itchin to get the OK group of smash together train up to our fullest, and then show them what Oklahoma can do, we didn't leave a lasting impression last time, well thats going to change.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Dude, a crew battle between us and the Normal people would be super-sweet.

Also, I forgot that the Norman smashers would give you someone to play, Scud. That just makes it that much more important to get in contact with them.

And Shade, if you'll be able to go to MLG Dallas, then I'll definately be able to go. And as my teammate, you might be able to hitch a ride with me, unless your parents take you or something, and we could stay at my relatives' house or something. That's just what I'm hoping would be the case though, nothing's official yet.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Shade, Im going to MLG dallas aswell. OK will leave a lasting impression, I can guarentee it!

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i need to get info on mlg dallas, so if anyone can tell me when it's going to take place,give me directions, things like this. It would really help.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
What we need to get ready is to get together a lot more often so we have more experience playing people with different playing styles.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well Omega, your more than welcome to come smash with me and my friends anytime you want.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Hmm, not a bad idea...

Also, after getting information of FC6, I'm wanting to go to that during the summer. I don't know if I'll be able to or not, but if I can, I will. Just in case though, we need to form an Oklahoma Elite Crew for the crew tournament it has. We should form one anyway, for random challenges at the least.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Omega_Star said:
Hmm, not a bad idea...

Also, after getting information of FC6, I'm wanting to go to that during the summer. I don't know if I'll be able to or not, but if I can, I will. Just in case though, we need to form an Oklahoma Elite Crew for the crew tournament it has. We should form one anyway, for random challenges at the least.
not a bad idea, we already have tshirts in the works.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Lol good point, And I dont' want any one that thinks that they are not good to already be like, "ahhh no way I can get into that ELITE team" Everyone of you can be really good better than me if you want to. Just takes alot of determination, and practice. So I would like as many people to try and perfect your abalities and then move forward and get better.

Once you have complete mastery of Wavedashing and dodging and doing every move every time on cammand, the Job is half done and the only thing left is to add your personal spunk and style to it, and thats when things get really fun.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I still need to pactice shfflc, other than that Ive pretty much got everything. I need to utilize wd into my style.

Come Late May, MLG wont know what hit it!

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Hmm my dad goes to Dallas all the time so I think it's pretty safe to say that I will be able to go. Haha and Shade I don't "think" that I am good enough to be on an elite team. I "KNOW" that I am good enough to be on an elite team :chuckle:. Of course there are still a lot of things I need to work on but I will be ready when the time comes.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Glad to hear it lol, we need to all practice alot, until we all have perfect control ovre our main character, after that we have to get together alot, and merge it with fighting, like utalizing wavae dashing alot, just takes some getting use to, so try and get into the habbit of wd ing were ever you need to go, unlesss your characters wd is short. but other wise its a useful habbit.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Glad to hear it lol, we need to all practice alot, until we all have perfect control ovre our main character, after that we have to get together alot, and merge it with fighting, like utalizing wavae dashing alot, just takes some getting use to, so try and get into the habbit of wd ing were ever you need to go, unlesss your characters wd is short. but other wise its a useful habbit.
Personally, I find wavedashing to be more useful as something you just throw in there to catch the opponent off guard. If you do it all the time, it won't be such a surprise. For me, I run as the default, but if I want to travel a short distance quick with no lag, or if I want to travel backwards, I'll wavedash.

I'm getting really psyched for MLG Dallas. And with two months to go, I can only wonder how good I'll be by then. Hopefully I'll be able to at least win my way into the pro bracket, though even if I did I doubt I'd be able to attend the rest of the events... but hey, who knows? I also hope I'll be able to go to MELEE-FC6, that sounds really fun too.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
From what I can tell after playing you guys at KOS-MOS's place, we are definitely going to need more practice against eachother. I'm not saying get accustomed against our different playstyles, but to develop more flexibility before we play out-of-staters. I seem to have an advantage against a lot of people in wake-up games. When I knock someone down, I would first observe their tendencies of recovering. If they are knocked down near the edge of a level, people tend to techroll away from it into the middle. That's why I place myself in sweeping distance from the opponent if they try to roll in, earning easy grabs.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hopefully on April 15th, we can all get alot of good practice! It starts at 1pm, and ends whenever you want to leave. Since there really isnt a ending time, we should all have plenty of time to practice and play one another.

Shade_

Smash Ace
haha yah me too, I really think this will be a great time, that we will all be able to practice alot as well as sharing some of our tricks with one another. Just remember any thing I teach you is for our group only, and prefere to keep our team stratagies in OK and not post them online and things.

And you guys should start to think about your team mates, and try to get an idea in your head of how they fight, You shouldnt have to worry about hitting your opponent, you should feel completely free to do as you will, while knowing that theyll dodge out the way for you. Find a team mate, that you fight ALOT.

And Gravity, your best bet is samus, she is a great character, and your reaelly good to start with any way. Her power shielding is very easy as well. So thats another eason to use her.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Ack, even though I got my Gamecube, I have no one to play against.......My Bowser needs practice versus high/top tier characters bad.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Hahah, Bowser. Just hold on for 2 more weeks, as soon as april 15th happens, hopefully more people will feel in the spirit of smash and host some more. If not, I probably will.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Ack, even though I got my Gamecube, I have no one to play against.......My Bowser needs practice versus high/top tier characters bad.
I've got a plethora of top/high tier characters for you to practice against.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Yea, since playing at Kos Mos's house, i've gotten better. Not just with the stuff i used to do, but the stuff i learned from him and the things i've learned since then. Ask Rastaimposta, we've been playin each other nonstop since.

I'm so psyched for april 15th, i hope i'll be able to learn more, and teach a few things.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, Yup Shanx is right. We have played each other nonstop since last friday. Ive gotten better with roy, learned a few new things, got ALOT better with fox. With fox, Im almost getting to the point where I can shine on alot of attacks! It may not be that big of a deal for some of you, but it gets alot of kills when my lil bro (falco, AKA Marth Killer) trys to get back to the stage. Im really trying to utilizing wavedashing into my style. After wavedashing with fox so much, it has screwed up my ability to wavedash efficiently with Roy.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Omega_Star said:
I've got a plethora of top/high tier characters for you to practice against.
Be it Marth, Sheik, or the space animals, bring it on!

Hey Rasta, can you consistently SHFFL with fox? And what character do you use Shanx?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:

Hey Rasta, can you consistently SHFFL with fox? And what character do you use Shanx?
Short hopping with fox is hard, fast falling and lcanceling are a walk in the park. Right now, Im concentrating on shining. Im starting to shfflc with Roy, but not in game. In game Im trying to use wavedashing. Its easy in practice mode, but its alot harder when the game counts on you wd to avoid a tip.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Just takes time to get it into habbit. After taht and some contineus practice, youll get it no prob. And Zinth the matches we did yesterday wernt bad, I mean don't foret that as you gegt better so do I, and I also learn new tricks when you do, so you got better but I got better with you so it diddnt seem like it. You did well against my brother. beter than ussual, so just practice not messing up. And the battles is twice as easy.

And were is KOS-MOS, Haku, and Mithos, they havent been here in a while.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Short hopping with Fox = uber hard. x_x I don't play Fox much anymore because my Fox is slow. Somehow I'm still able to beat good people with him tho...

I don't quite understand, but whatever works. :p PuffBirdMonkey ftw

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Vegafuse said:

I use marth as my main. I also use young link, dr mario, and i'm starting to use falco.

marth killer

Smash Rookie
Shade_ said:
And were is KOS-MOS, Haku, and Mithos, they havent been here in a while.
This is RastaImposta, but Im on my bro's account. I dont feel like logging on my account.

Kos-Mos was at my house playin smash on friday, how come you and znth werent there???? It seems my lil bro (Marth Killer) is better than I gave him credit for. He beat Kos-Mos 4 times in a row, I was disappointed by that. I was hoping you and znth could be there, KosMos had a good time and I KNOW I got better.

Shade, from what KosMos tell me, you were scared, thats why you didnt come to our lil get together.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hha, no I wasnt scared, no reason to be,and besides I will gladly accept challenges from anyone. But I mean, my mom barely let Zinth come over, and would not let me go any where else, mainly caus she said she dosn't know you, but remember I am still grounded, and It is hard for me to go any where any more.

Well any way, your brother and My group will meet on your party, so just be a little patient.

Speaking of which. Gravity just got an Action Replay. AND IT IS AWSOME. I mean AWSOME!!!!!!!!

First we looked at the game through like, figure mode, I don't know what it is called, but you can see the hit boxes of all your charactres attacks, and things. As well as have completel control over the camer, and zoom in and out and see, where the area limits exactly when you die.

Now for the melees we did, we faught in the break the target stages and that was so fun, those levels are so intricate, and fancy it made fighting amazing, and We also did.......

"Break the Targets X-treme"
One guy tries to break the targets while the other guy tries to stop him, and the break target guy only has one life. Man imagin a melee in a break the targets thing, where three guys try to stop one guy, but the guy has like 5 or 6 lives, amazingly fun.

Nice work gravaty, when you fight, youve gotten much better than i thought you did.
You can also make any pokemon any thing yuo want and spawn items whenever.

it does many more things but I don't want to name them all. But now at the party at rosters we can take friendly matches to the next level of fun. I can't wait to share the action replay with you all then.

Ok one more thing becuase of the action replay, I have dicided to make a OK team comboe vid. I will get footage of all of you guys doing a comboe and then work the camera, and take a way the backround and make your main character do fancy things and i will do taht for everyone, and add music, and effects and subtitles, It will be awsome. So everyone will haev to let me know what they would like there character that represents them ion the OK team comboe vid, what color, and then I will bring the AR on the party, and we can work on it then.

I do believe that solvs your online ssbm problem as well Zinth, since you can take away backround with AR.

Ok talked way to much, but I am just so exited. Sorry about the long message.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Speaking of which. Gravity just got an Action Replay. AND IT IS AWSOME. I mean AWSOME!!!!!!!!
That's cool. Have you tried the Character Modifiers yet?

You mention an OK team combo vid, but I use Bowser. I guess I'm going to have to come up with something clever then, heh...... As for the color, keep the original green.

marth killer said:
Kos-Mos was at my house playin smash on friday, how come you and znth werent there???? It seems my lil bro (Marth Killer) is better than I gave him credit for. He beat Kos-Mos 4 times in a row, I was disappointed by that. I was hoping you and znth could be there, KosMos had a good time and I KNOW I got better.
It seems like your brother is pretty good....... If he can beat Kosmos like that, he could beat me.

Shanx, a lot of us play Marth here too, so we could help you out personally if you need it.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Dude, dont say stuff like that. I hate the way my bro plays falco. Its just smash attack after smash attack after smash attack. If you can tech well, then you can get away from his combo's quite easily and probably destroy him. If your good with fox, he should be easy. I can beat him about 25% of the time with fox and its about 50/50 with roy.

Shanx is a pretty good marth player, I mean he could improve, right now I can probably beat him most of the time with Roy (Who said a roy cant beat a marth!). However, a while ago, he whooped me and my brother pretty bad.

Im looking forward to playing you all again, I really think if we can meet up atleast once a week just to play smash, we will stand a good chance in MLG Dallas!

Shade_

Smash Ace
Very true, I am going to try and pull some strings with my mom to let me go to those.

So far I have this,
Zinth- Red Marth
Gravity-Orange Samus
Lee-Blue Fox
Shade-Black Marth
Dart-Green Falco
VegaFuse- Green Bowser
Rostaimpasta-Gold Roy
Mithos-
Haku-
Po Pimpus-Pink Luigi
Fresh-
KOS-MOS-
Marth Killer-
Shanx-____Marth

Still need the rest.

And Roster Imp, Your brother is good, I am pretty sure about that. Sure falco is hard to fight, and most people aquainted with mine would agree, but haha like you siad give him some credit, he will make a great member on our team. And I need to go over next friday to your house. I will try and make it as best I can. We all need the practice for the tournament. And we need to get used to fighting many different characters. Vegas group and mine, are used to fighting a WIDE varaiety of characters, and judging by how vega plays, he can use many different styles of playing, and his group can probably change moods well.

My group is the same, I train my friends against the same characters with different styles and it helps them get used to things. So the lead member of your I groups has to help train the other members with different styles of playing and characters, if they can. By Doing this you can figure out many things about your problems and your strengths,

For example if you practice against Zinth and Gravity, one way and then another way, youll find that Both of them can tear up almost aggressive Fox, falco, or Marth player pretty bad. However when you play with those same characters on the defensive edge, and always let them attack you first. They cant cope as well. That is what you have to lok for when you play.

I am just stating the fact we lack lots of experionce most elite players have, so we have to make up for it in what ever way we can. Lots of practice and lots of fighting different people will help our chances of ranking higher signafacantly.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I'll accept any tips or help you guys can offer. White marth by the way, shade.

Top Bottom