• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
I wish i could do more from this point, but you're on your own Rasta.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Wow, KosMos can play smash crazy well!!!!! Me, Shanx, and my other friend jeff just got back. We really need to learn to lcancel. On April 15th, we will destroy all others!!!! Probably not, but we can dream, also I beat KosMos twice!

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Haha I really enjoyed having you guys over and hopefully you guys will be able to come over next Friday.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
It's true, KosMos plays insanely well. He beat us with characters he's only used once before. Never have i received an *** kicking that epic.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
JesusFreak said:
I wanna play youz guys. =(
Well, I believe that in some point in time we are going to host an out-of-state tournament. It probably wouldn't be until the summer though. Of course, if you wanted to you could probably come up for a bi-weekly (once we get those started). Or maybe RosterImposter would let you come to the mini-smashfest he's having on the 15th of April (which is up to him, so don't jump to any conclusions off of anything I'm saying), if you were willing to travel for something like that.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
NO, He CANNOT COME!

Im just joking, if he wants to come, he is more than welcome since hes coming outta town to attend my smashfest. Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
Maybe we can get oklahoma to be the smash capitol of the world one of these days.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
Maybe we can get oklahoma to be the smash capitol of the world one of these days.
Well, iono about that, mainly because Oklahoma is such a low-key state, but I do think we could make it a good competitive state.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Well get there, I will make sure of that, and train you all one by one if I have to, By the way Zinth, you really suprised me when you came over Friday, not bad at all, not... bad... at.... all... I really enjoyed those matches, now just give me that quality everytime.

And our team work was superb I was very happy the way you practiced and got better with merging your style with mine, and how we were much more fluint in fighting in the same space by just spot dodging and not hitting each other. Keep it up, and we can get even better.

Jesus Freak, we are all trying to get a state vs state, hosted in OK, like Zinth said. So well face each other for sure, but it will take a little bit of time.

Ok I was talking to a friend of mine in Norman, and I made a mistake, Ok the deaf kid "whose name is Ben." is an exeptionally skilled smasher, not sure how much, but it is his brother that had beat Ken before, the only thing is we might not see much of him cause he goes to MIT. However they communicate to Ben through this other guy who knows sign language. but I think that he would really like to join our group. According to Lawrence "the guy that told me abouot Ben" they are much more into smash at their school than I thought. They hold smash tournaments very often during lunch at their school!!!!!

So when you get those flyers done Zinth tell me so that I can give them to Lawrence and he can out them around his school, and then we will get all the competitive smashers from Norman as well as our normal group.

We might have a magor bost in number of smashers as well as skill.

Ok I have said to much. Just thougth I would let you know.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RosterImposter said:
Ken is beatable, I dont know why people think he is a god and cant be beat. Neo beat him with Roy.
Yeah, but the thing is, you have to be really good to be able to beat him. No one thinks he's a god and can't be beat (at least I hope not), but you have to be at a really high level to beat him.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Ken is beatable, I dont know why people think he is a god and cant be beat. Neo beat him with Roy.
No NEO never beat Ken with Roy. Those were only friendly matches which nobody cares about.

NEO has beaten Ken's Marth with shiek before. And he's beaten him in some Marth dittos, but he loses most of the time.

But this:

but it is his brother that had beat Ken before, the only thing is we might not see much of him cause he goes to MIT.
is pretty insane. What tournament was this? Since Ken has only lost to Isai and Azen in a tournament set, I assume this win was only a single match within a tournament set or a money match.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
So only tourny matches count? Thats gay, Im sure alot of people could beat Ken, but arent able to make it to a tourny so nobody will ever know.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Well, in dcx's view, as well as many others', friendlies don't matter, but not everyone shares that view. I personally think any win by anyone vs anyone else is still a win, and I'm happy when I win. Tournament matches are what people really look at in the long run, but that doesn't mean you should just discount everything else. At least, that's my view.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Yeah, I think I share JesusFreak's view as well. While friendlies may not count for anything, they can still measure your skill, and a win is still a win, regardless of whether it counts for anything.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I will talk to you on aim later on today if I can Jesus freak, and personally I like to try my hardest on every match I do, but as said not everyone does, maybee Ken is one of those people, still If you can stand up to him at all it means your half way deacent to say the least. Or I would assume so any way.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Yea, Ken sandbags like crazy (usually) in friendlies, but I agree that if you can beat him ever, even when he's sandbagging, then you're pretty good.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
Ok I was talking to a friend of mine in Norman, and I made a mistake, Ok the deaf kid "whose name is Ben." is an exeptionally skilled smasher, not sure how much, but it is his brother that had beat Ken before, the only thing is we might not see much of him cause he goes to MIT. However they communicate to Ben through this other guy who knows sign language. but I think that he would really like to join our group. According to Lawrence "the guy that told me abouot Ben" they are much more into smash at their school than I thought. They hold smash tournaments very often during lunch at their school!!!!!

I'm eager to play these smashers from Norman too, especially Ben. I'm going to get my Gamecube back (after 7 months) so I can finally start practicing again tomorrow. Now I won't be so rusty anymore.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha thats good to hear. My mom just took my game cube away, for having one C in a report card that might as well be straight A's. It is not cool, though I will manage some way.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Haha thats good to hear. My mom just took my game cube away, for having one C in a report card that might as well be straight A's. It is not cool, though I will manage some way.
What, she took the entire Cube away? That's rediculous beyond belief. Especially since most of the other VPA majors' grades are like DDDDDDDA.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Wow, that sucks Shade. I was hoping you could bring the gamecube to the smashfest.

Anyway, We'll be needing cubes and TV's. We already have atleast 4 tv's and 2 cubes. Id like 8 tv's and 8 cubes with mem cards so people dont have to wait to play 1v1. Since Omega is printing out flyers, it looks like this will be a big deal.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to hear that Shade. BTW, do you want the formula to my new AC's for 9breaker? It would be less bothersome if they were already in your memory card before we battle.

Roster, it looks like I can bring my Cube along with my TV now. I'm going all out Bowser and Mewtwo next time, no more high tier for me.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Shade, you need to stick it to your mom or something lol. That's seriously messed up, my mom is strict, but she's not ridiculous.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I know, it is so unfair, th C is in Music theory to, omg I don't like music unless I am hearing it eather, not making it. Ahhhhhhhhh.

But ok just tell me the formula for your AC, I will have it made, and tell me the color to, I want to work on that and then see what you think. Post it, or pm either way works.

And when is that tournament your talking about Zinth, you said sometime in May, the fact that it is dalas, means taht almost ahoundred percent I can go, and if you go tahts 200 percent taht I can go. Make sure you talk to your parents as sson as possible, remember what happened last time.

I can bring My Meme card,and controller though, if it helps. I might be able to sneak my cube away to if I can find it.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Well your own controller is a MUST, a memory card would help. If we can get several other people to help bring cubes, then we wont need yours shade.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The tournament that I was talking about that Shade mentioned is MLG Dallas. We have relatives in Dallas, so my mom could probably drive me over there, and while I'm at the tournament she could visit with them. Now, I don't know 100% if I can go or not, but if nothing comes up then, I think that I'll be able to.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'll just post it here......

The part order will be from top to bottom when you assemble, starting with the head. The tuning specs under the part name will be left-to-right in conjuction to the original top-to-bottom in the game.

Wild-Arms:
-Mayfly
(0/10)
-Cronus
(0/10)
-Cr-4FL
(0/10)
-Dingo2
(0/10)
-Cr-3TP
(0/0/3)
-Monju
(n/a)
-Magnolia
(0/10)
-Ananda
(0/0/10)
-Medusa
-n/a
-n/a
-n/a
-Cr-BP
-Cr-BP

StarChaser:
-Cicada2
(0/10)
-Rakan
(0/10)
-Loris
(0/0/6/3/1)
-Cougar2
(0/10)
-Cr-3TP
(0/0/10)
-Monju
-Magnolia
(0/10)
-Ananda
(0/0/10)
-Medusa
-Cr-552
-Cr-1MB
-Cr-9RA
-Cr-SP
-Cr-SP

They both have the same optional parts: Amino, Cr-9E5, Cr-955, Cr-1EC, Cr-9L+, Codon, Marishi.

I just made them, but they should be decently competitive. Lightweights with the dual BP's may be considered cheap but are still not gamebreaking. The first one is defualt red and the second is default blue. I have 3 more, one is my secret weapon (BrokenTrophy) and the other 2 are just specific types like bladers. Don't worry, I won't post those.

'Nuff of that, concerning SSBM; If it matters, I have the 1.0 version of Melee. I don't know if you guys care, but let me know if it will screw with your normal gameplay.

Top Bottom