• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Saturday is gonna be sweet, I hope I dont get beat too bad. Ive been having a bad week, and I have a feeling that its going to continue untill monday...

Marc aka Fresh

Smash Rookie
Hey ever1 whats up kos mos give your address to po i will be there saturday.
And 1 more thing we got are ***** kicked like we were nothing Texas is a whole nother league!!!.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Alright I PMed my address to Po. Glad you guys are coming :). Haha the tourny sounded like a lot of fun. Makes me want to go there and own every Texan. :chuckle:

Shade_

Smash Ace
I know my group could have helped alot as well if we went, hopefully I can change my moms ways before the next out of state tourny.

oh by the way did you get any footage, if so then I wouldl ike to see it saturday.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Well guys, Ive been having a bad day, so I decided to do one thing that could cheer me up, taking pictures of my reptiles! Sorry the pictures are so big, its just the detail is awesome, and you woulnt be able to see much if it wasnt as big, sorry bout the first picture.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0581.jpg
My white line geckos, I love'em, and I know they dont have a white line, but they have some crazy eyes!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0549.jpg
My mexican black kingsnake, this one is a little fiesty, but once you hold her, she isnt so bad!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0567.jpg
My sweet little leopard gecko, always calm and content!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0584.jpg
My gray tree frog, I have 2 of them, just couldnt find the other one, they have started burrowing, which is interesting because I didnt know tree frogs burrowed.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0580.jpg
This is my baby right here! Only 8 months old, 2 1/2 feet long, and she is going to shed pretty soon, so her colors are dull right now, Ill take a new one when she does shed.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f301/RastaImposta/IMG_0588.jpg
This one isnt mine, but my older brother's. They are tokay gecko's and they have a bite as strong as a small dogs' bite. My pets dont have names (not yet , I just cant decide on one that fits them), but my bro's does. The big one's name is Ganja and the small ones name is ****er (because it bit him when he got it.)

Yeah, so hopefully Ill be getting some chameleons in the next couple of days, those are going to be great!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I think I played some OK guys and they got the matches on tape. I played a blue Peach vs some guy's Luigi, Ganon, and Falcon (maybe Marth?) and they got on tape.

If they ever get uploaded let me know!

Gravity

Smash Ace
Alright, I made an account. Better late then never, i guess. Anyway, I plan to be there saturday.
And since the tournament, ive changed my main to Luigi, mainly because of his finishing taunt where he spins around and pretends to shoot you, since then ive become addicted to his lack of traction...
However, theres almost no (I think 1) videos of my luigi actually online, so id like to record some stuff saturday. I can probably bring a TV if we end up needing one
Thats about it, and its great to finally be here

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
DaRkNeSsOfHeArT said:
I think I played some OK guys and they got the matches on tape. I played a blue Peach vs some guy's Luigi, Ganon, and Falcon (maybe Marth?) and they got on tape.

If they ever get uploaded let me know!
Ooo, can't wait to see those.

I like the leopard gecko ^^

Lol Gravity, did you make that signature yourself? Or did Dart make it, or did you just find it somewhere? Which reminds me, I need to make you one, I just don't know what colors to make it.

Gravity

Smash Ace
First of all, that sig is awesome, but thats what happens when i dont know how to make art.
It was originally supposed to be luigi shooting a fireball, and samus shooting a missile, both at marth, who would then get disfigured or melted or something. I eventually realized i couldnt capture marths "essence", so i aborted the plan. Then nam(some guy) made that and sent it to me, and i thought it owned. Anyway, even if you make me a sig, ill still keep that one there, but as far as colors go, i guess black letters over some sort of red or orange background. That sig plus my avatar might possibly be the most awesome combination since peanut butter and jelly.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
alright cool Gravity, glad you can make it. I don't think I'll have anymore room(9 people altogether in this house lol) sorry for anyone else who wanted to come but there just isn't enough room in the house. Also I think we are covered on the TVs lol(my mom is trying to keep us in one area of the house). Gravity do you need my address or did Shade give it to you? If you need it, just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Wow sure did take your time getting here gravity lol. I liked the sig with the two anime girls and one of them takes of her shoe and it explodes, that one is my favorite.

Any way Roster, I looked at all of your pets, They are so awsome, lizards are awsome, the lst one was a bit dark though I could make it out.

We need to set up a out of state tourny in OK so that the majority of the players in OK can actually make it to a state vs state tourny, I garantiee if we get together like on saturday exept a little more often we can pull our group togethe and give a much better performance than what it sounded like you guys did at texas "good job though".

I could also help alot of you guys with coordinating your team battles, "what you saw at the last tourny was completely unsatisfactory to what me and Zinth are capable now." and we could give a much better challenge this time around. , Vega KOS-MOS, MITH HAKU, If theres time for me to teach you how to better fine tune your team skills on saturday then I will if its OK with you.

Well I will lighten up now lol. 4 more days, AHHHhhhhhhhhhhto far.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'm done changing my sig lol(well, until I can find some more Xenosaga gifs). Haha Shade I can't wait either. Vegafuse and me have to get used to being on teams but I might take you up on that offer to teach me lol(never really played friendly fire before).

Just making sure but.. everyone here has my address right? I don't want anyone saying "OMG KOS-MOS you loser! you didn't send me your address n00b!11oneeleven."

People that are coming:

Mithos
Zabuza
Shade
Zinth
Po
Fresh
Vegafuse
RosterImposter
Gravity

Hope to see you guys Saturday.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
We need to set up a out of state tourny in OK so that the majority of the players in OK can actually make it to a state vs state tourny, I garantiee if we get together like on saturday exept a little more often we can pull our group togethe and give a much better performance than what it sounded like you guys did at texas "good job though".
I think that's a good idea, but perhaps we should have some more local tournaments first so we gain more experience in hosting them.

Also, there's a member on the boards named "Dalal" who's apparently from Oklahoma, but I haven't seen him post on this thread before. I wonder if he knows about it or not.

Looking forward to saturday :)

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yup two days,

Oh I have figured out some most interesting news, apparently there is a person that has defeated ken, and he lives in Norman, a little fact that interested me is that...This Kid is Deaf. I heard this from a freind of mine, and he siad that he got completely creamed by this guy.

So just to let you guys know, I am going to try to get this kid more affiliated with our smashing group.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Only one more day...
Me and Shade decided that i would select the music for whatever we record tomorrow, so itll probably be a little different then what its been so far, and if anyone has any music they want in their battles, im open for suggestions.
I hope that kid in norman is as good as shade said he was, he would make a great addition to the oklahoma smash team.
That reminds me, is there an official name for the oklahoma smash team? If not we should make one.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Omega_Star said:
Also, there's a member on the boards named "Dalal" who's apparently from Oklahoma, but I haven't seen him post on this thread before. I wonder if he knows about it or not.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=1186827#post1186827

:ohwell:

Shade_ said:
Oh I have figured out some most interesting news, apparently there is a person that has defeated ken, and he lives in Norman, a little fact that interested me is that...This Kid is Deaf. I heard this from a freind of mine, and he siad that he got completely creamed by this guy
Another interesting thing is that I've been on the boards long before my account and I have never heard of him. It's not that I don't believe you, but whenever Ken gets completely creamed by anyone, there always seems to be a big ruckus following it in the aftermath. I can only hope that this is true.

Well, tomorrow's the day, and it seems that everyone really up'd their game since the tourny. I just played Po and Fresh last Tuesday and they kicked the crap out of me. Even though I was a little off and rusty, I could definitely notice a difference in their playstyle.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Ah, I remember that post now that I see it again. Whoops :lick:

Vegafuse said:
Another interesting thing is that I've been on the boards long before my account and I have never heard of him. It's not that I don't believe you, but whenever Ken gets completely creamed by anyone, there always seems to be a big ruckus following it in the aftermath. I can only hope that this is true.
Well, he was talking about his friend getting completely creamed, not Ken (I heard the story in person). I'm still taking it with a grain of salt just incase, but I'm still welcoming the possibility that it is infact true.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah I meant he had defeated him in a match or two, not destroying him, it was probably barely. I will ask him later.

And tommorow is gona be awsome, man I need to get the address. lol.

See you all tommorow.

Gravity

Smash Ace
Its technically saturday now, I just wanted to say, Vegafuse/po pimpus/fresh, bring my controller. Even though i have a new one now, i still want it back.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
^^^
Hahaha.

Im just curious, what color controller does everybody use? I use silver, but I also have 3 orange controllers becuase they were $15 each.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Gravity said:
Its technically saturday now, I just wanted to say, Vegafuse/po pimpus/fresh, bring my controller. Even though i have a new one now, i still want it back.
Whoa, I was totally clueless when you asked me about that controller at Kosmos's, but now I know what your talking about. I believe Po has it in his custody, and he definitely would have remembered to bring it if he had come. Sorry about that.....

KOS-MOS, we make a decent team, hopefully we can utilize are teamwork to the fullest.

Zabuza and Mithos bros., my Bowser and Pichu are not finished yet, you will soon see true power. Good game Shade, and next time I'll make sure to play everyone else. Later.

EDIT: By the way, is anyone here on this thread a good concept artist? I'm talking about compassion for art rather than skill in art. I'm not saying that I don't want good drawings (would be nice, but doesn't really matter though), just someone that is willing to sketch..... alot........ If anyone's interested, I'll fill you in on the skinny.

Happy B-day KOS-MOS

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
^ I want to fight your devil Pichu Vega.

EDIT: Just saw your edit, I like art, but I don't really draw much because I don't think I'm able to satisfactorily reproduce the thought properly. I feel somewhat interested though, as well as, of course, curious.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Omega_Star said:
Wow, that was fun. We need to have more of those :) Happy birthday KOS-MOS :chuckle:
It was fun, and monday kosmos a present will be waiting for you! Also, I was talking to my mom and it seems like if I clean the house, we can have an all day smashfest over at my house. What day would be a good day for you guys? Obviously a saturday, but when?

Gravity

Smash Ace
we do need more, but next saturday is no good for me, and if im correct, not for shade either.
next time i see you kosmos, ill give you a cd as part of your birthday present.
and I like your taste in music

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Well I didnt think itd be happening next week, but maybe in the next 3-4 weeks. Gives people enough time to decide if they are going to go, or change plans to fit it in.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RosterImposter said:
It was fun, and monday kosmos a present will be waiting for you! Also, I was talking to my mom and it seems like if I clean the house, we can have an all day smashfest over at my house. What day would be a good day for you guys? Obviously a saturday, but when?
Woah, that'd be su-weet.

Shanx, what state are you from?

And Vegafuse, if that concept art thing has anything to do with Smash Bros., count me as interested.

RosterImposter

Smash Cadet
Ok, Im sure this lil smashfest is going to happen. Id like to ask for 4 more gamecubes with memory cards and maybe 2 or 3 tv's.
I have a big house, so we should be able to fit 5 tv's and gc in my front and back living room. There will be drinks and chips, if anybody has any preference to any drinks and chips, just let me know. If not, there will be alot of different drinks with atleast 2 bags of dorritos cooler ranch!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RosterImposter said:
Ok, Im sure this lil smashfest is going to happen. Id like to ask for 4 more gamecubes with memory cards and maybe 2 or 3 tv's.
I have a big house, so we should be able to fit 5 tv's and gc in my front and back living room. There will be drinks and chips, if anybody has any preference to any drinks and chips, just let me know. If not, there will be alot of different drinks with atleast 2 bags of dorritos cooler ranch!
Sweeeeet. I can definitely bring a Cube and memory card, and I can probably bring an extra TV as well.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
RosterImposter said:
Cool man, I look forward to this. I don't have a gamecube anymore (which is why I don't practice), but I could probably volunteer a TV. Also, is there a limit to the amount of people you can have over?

Man, things are really starting to kick off for us. Oklahoma was such a depressing place for Smash half a year ago, and a lot of competitive players have come and gone before that, just because there was never a true "foundation" to hold on to. Well, I guess I can safely say we finally have a smash scene we can call our own......

OmegaStar, I'll have to discuss something with Po again before we can continue. I'll let you know what's the deal pretty soon.

Top Bottom