• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
DarkCobra said:
Sup guyz wut ever happend to the tourny or get together that we were planning?
I wanted to get it in before MLG, but the place that I was trying to have it held at already had everything full and planned. So its probably going to happen in a month or so when they are able to change/move things around, if they can. Sorry about that.

MLG is gonna be awesome, 5-8pm Im gonna be watching E3 '06 LIVE, during the breaks, Smash is gonna be on standby. Saturday is gonna be sweet, I hope you guys can make it.

Also, I need a list of who is going to bring a cube/tv, need more cubes than TV's (sorry if that sounds kinda odd.) If you need my address, PM.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
DarkCobra said:
Sup guyz wut ever happend to the tourny or get together that we were planning?
Actually, the thing we're having this Saturday would be considered a get together. It's not a tournament, but it is more or less a Smashfest. It'll be all day long if I'm not mistaken. If it's ok with Rasta, you could probably go to that if you'd be willing.

Vegafuse said:
Zinth: You're on. BTW, how did you fare against Deck? I can't watch any type of movies on this computer so I'm curious to know how well you handled against his quick reflexes. He isn't so good with techniques, but he does know how to abuse weaknesses.
Hmm, well, the first game we played, Marth vs. Sheik, he barely won. Then he beat me at least once with Falcon. I came back and started beating his Sheik and Falcon with Marth though, especially once I learned how to avoid his Sheik's grab; he sure has a mean chain throw with Sheik. Also, he was never able to beat my Fox. Ha, there was this one Fox vs. Sheik game where we were both down to our last lives, and then I got him in a double drill shine to a shinespike kill. It was sweet.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
RastaImposta said:
Also, I need a list of who is going to bring a cube/tv, need more cubes than TV's (sorry if that sounds kinda odd.) If you need my address, PM.
I'll bring a cube, but somebody else needs to bring smash since i still don't have my own copy yet. Also, i will be carpooling with rasta to mlg.

I've been getting pretty good with doctor mario, i need to use marth more though, but now i think i could do good with doc at mlg. Maybe after i'll just start using low-tier characters, right Vega :psycho:

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shanx said:
I'll bring a cube, but somebody else needs to bring smash since i still don't have my own copy yet. Also, i will be carpooling with rasta to mlg.

I've been getting pretty good with doctor mario, i need to use marth more though, but now i think i could do good with doc at mlg. Maybe after i'll just start using low-tier characters, right Vega :psycho:
Better be watchin' the Bob$ portion of the DBR Evolution video. Wa ha ha.

So Rasta, do you like, spend all of your free time practicing Smash?

Shade_

Smash Ace
I spend it actually practicing, once you get the generall idea all you need to do is copy the desired style you wich to mimic, and then add your own ajustments. Find a player that you want to play like, watch some vids, and after that practice doing twhat they do in the situations they have, and then just add your own spuff lol if you get what I mean.

It is not hard to do once you get it in your mind and really go at it, youll find yourself pulling off there comboes once you do this.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
Yes....doesnt everybody?
Ahaha. I don't. I have to talk to people on AIM calm my insanity. Besides, it probably wouldn't sound too snazzy to the chicas (except I only have my eye on one <_<) if I was like "yeah I spend all of my free time playing SSBM." :p But hey, that's just me and my own personal concerns. Hell, if I had a Shadebot (lol) or something around my house, I might just practice all day too. Lol. :psycho: The computer just gets really old really fast. :dizzy:

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Well I am looking forward to actually playing someone other than Lawerance, Nebraska, or Kansas to say the least. I might be going to MLG if I go I will tell u guyz and meet u guyz there but most likely I wont cuz I moth likely have to work. Tell us in the Wichita forums when u guyz r having the tourny so we can come and actually come chat with us sometime also.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I got another person coming to smash it up on saturday!!! I told him about you shade, I keep calling you the best smasher in OK, apperently he took offense to that and said he would come. He has great mind games, but doesnt know how to Lcancel or wavedash, so Shade, If you can come, please teach him a lesson, 4 stock him if you can. Chris, it is tarrence watson, he does know you, when I brought your name his "I'll kick anybody's *** in smash" quickly turned to "dude I dont care, its just a game". Terrance cant come (he said he might cancel his plans) saturday, but Matt (the guy I want shade to destroy) can, and Id also like chris to play Shade after shade beats matt. THEN I want KOSMOS to play Matt and 4 stock him with Link (Or any other character for that matter).

Vega, now its your turn, I just want you to embarrass the hell out of them by 4 stocking them with Mewtwo.

Im not an evil person, Matt and Terrance are just jackasses.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I have a better Idea, I wil Have My Brother fight him instead of me, if he beats my bro then he can face me.

Haha this sounds like it will be loads of fun, now I just have to convince my mom to let me stay the night.

Oh dark cobra, PM any of the aims you and your friends have, we can chat on that until the trouny happens.

I personally don't like being mean destroying peoples moral, giving them the impression wow, I suck.

Hmm we should really be fore we go, get some ractice in, knowing what we should watch out for, before we head on over there, and also get there a little early, don't know about you guys but after 3 hours in a car I get a little sleepy, and baord, so I will probably want to wake up a bit beofe the tourny happens.
But for the sake of fun, I will be sure to show all that I have. lol

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
I got another person coming to smash it up on saturday!!! I told him about you shade, I keep calling you the best smasher in OK, apperently he took offense to that and said he would come. He has great mind games, but doesnt know how to Lcancel or wavedash, so Shade, If you can come, please teach him a lesson, 4 stock him if you can. Chris, it is tarrence watson, he does know you, when I brought your name his "I'll kick anybody's *** in smash" quickly turned to "dude I dont care, its just a game". Terrance cant come (he said he might cancel his plans) saturday, but Matt (the guy I want shade to destroy) can, and Id also like chris to play Shade after shade beats matt. THEN I want KOSMOS to play Matt and 4 stock him with Link (Or any other character for that matter).

Vega, now its your turn, I just want you to embarrass the hell out of them by 4 stocking them with Mewtwo.

I think it'd be more embarassing if Vega 4 stocks them with Pichu :)

Can I four-stock them with Yoshi? :chuckle:

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
RastaImposta said:

Hahaha, tell Tarrence to come, I want to see the look on his face when I pwn him into the ground. :laugh: lol ok I'll play Shade(I was hoping to play him alot anyway this Saturday. Hopefully I can beat him more often this time). Also,

RastaImposta said:
Chris, it is tarrence watson, he does know you, when I brought your name his "I'll kick anybody's *** in smash" quickly turned to "dude I dont care, its just a game".
I ROFLed at that.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i say vega should use game & watch, or just start doing ditto matches to really piss him off.

Shade_

Smash Ace
I think it would be much beter if we were all peach, and always taunted when we sent him flying, even if he dosent die, well that may be a little two annoying. And I want you guys to fight my bro alot to, he wants to get fight you guys alot to.

Any ways, Lets make a goal, that this time when we go saturday, before you leave you have to have learned something new, and gotten twice as good before you leave.

And its ok with me KOS-MOS if we smash all night, as long as you want to fight then I am willing. We should try team matches, with switched partners to get used to having different people teamed up with them, not necessarely changing them, but this is an experiment, and I will give you guys my quick team match stratigies, to apply and youll be beter on team matches, trust me you will.

Like hers my idea, Me and Zinth are a normal team, but we should mess around with, Me and Fuse, Me and KOS-MOS, Zinth and fuse, Zinth and KOS-MOS.

Thats my idea. and it would be mainly to see what type of fight style really goes along with yours.

pay$

Banned via Administration
Interesting, I like that idea shade. Have you convinced your mom to stay over? This time it will be a std, I guess I was a lil disappointed that I couldnt beat you in smash, thats probably why I strayed from the std. But this time, its on, and my goal is to beat you with your main character atleast 5 times.

Oh, Ill have some vcr's set up on some TV's with blank tapes so we can record matches easier. I hope somebody know how to do it, because I dont... I want to have enough matches faught so I can fill up another DVD, and eventually make a OK combo video, SO PLAY YOUR BEST. Ill have the DVD's ready for you guys on saturday. If you want a DVD with pro players and pro matches to get ready for MLG, just ask, they are $10. Normally Id make it free, but they are my mom's dvds. This dvd wont have any OK matches on it, mainly because I cant find any program to convert .mov (quicktime) to .mpeg or .wmv. So with Saturday's matches, the recorded matches will go on a seperate DVD and Ill make a combo video with the matches which will be the first video for the OK Smash DVD.

I hope you guys can stay long enough for me to get atleast 30 minutes of smash (per person) to make the OK Smash dvd. Oh, and this is part of the $10, since I couldnt get any matches on the other dvd, they will be on this one.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Niceee, yah my main for the r4ev

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis,
Suitless samus, she is so sexy. It isn't even a choice, as long as she dosent suck, expect my new main to be her.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Ahaha Shade, I'm going to try everyone out(although I do admit she does look hot >_> hmm.. I'll give it some thought). I'm just kinda dissapointed its not gonna come out till 2007 :(

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i hope solid snake is awesome because mgs is my favorite series along with resident evil/silent hill. pit looks fun, too, but snake better be awesome. who knows, they'll probably have liquid snake as an unlockable, or they would have just called solid "snake", instead of "solid snake". either way, i can't wait to see the rest.

p.s.- what was up with mario's fireballs looking like sideways ho-ho pokemon attacks? and link had that triforce thing? are we getting street fighter/bloody roar like special attacks based on a damage threshold?

this game looks f'ing awesome.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
It uses an item for those special attacks, so just turn them off and it will be the same.

Also, Scud, are you gonna be able to make it to my smashfest on saturday? If you can, can you bring Pay$ powercord for the cube, we left it over there by mistake.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
SSB: Brawl..... Uses the GC controller......... Thank you.

Rasta, I'll throw in another $10 if you make me a dvd full of E3 exposure. Mostly Wii vids, but it would be nice if you add major titles from other consoles, like Gears of War, Halo3, FinalFantasy, MGS4, and Spore. You can put that on hold until the expo is over, that way you won't miss anything.

To tell you the truth, I was more relieved (about the control scheme) compared to surprised (by the appearance of Snake) in SSBB. I'm going to choose Wario first, I was appalled by his absence in Melee, Dr.Mario's spot should've been his (IMO).

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Rasta, I'll throw in another $10 if you make me a dvd full of E3 exposure. Mostly Wii vids, but it would be nice if you add major titles from other consoles, like Gears of War, Halo3, FinalFantasy, MGS4, and Spore. You can put that on hold until the expo is over, that way you won't miss anything.

To tell you the truth, I was more relieved (about the control scheme) compared to surprised (by the appearance of Snake) in SSBB. I'm going to choose Wario first, I was appalled by his absence in Melee, Dr.Mario's spot should've been his (IMO).

Yah, I guess I could do that. They were talking about AC4 on tuesday, I dunno what else, but Im sure Shade is excited. Ill try and cut all the crap that those stupid *** xplay people talk about most of the time.
My bro says he is going to ONLY play Snake, Ill probably play Wario as a joke character every now and then, but Pit, Roy, Snake, Fox, MetaKnight (Maybe, havent decided yet), and zero suit Samus are probably the characters I play the most. I will definately stick with Roy as my main, but I will more than likely choose different characters seeing how their attacks are fixed (IE: Falco's nair hitting behind him too).

Shade_

Smash Ace
Hers my idea, learn, ulock all the characters first, practice with Zinth, grav, and my bro, until a month has passed, and then go online and have a win loss record of about 10 to 1, if even that.

And samus will be my main, as will just love being able look at her while I play, man...........you need nothing else in a game that fun action and girls. As for wario................I don't like him, never have , never will, he is annoying, and annoying, and stinky, and annoying. Sorry fuse, but ever since that fateful day ten years ago when I got my first video game ever, Mario kart 64, and got passed by wario, and heard that laugh, I new he and I would never get along.

AC4 will own so hard!!!!! oh yah cant wait.

Man I wonder what samus no suit color schemes are, maybee her hair would change colors, ahhhh I don't know, but they said that other characters from other parties might still be ther, I am only hoping KOS-MOS gets there, I would main in her instead of Samus in no time at all, more skin to see, and pretty hot to. OK TIME to shut up now.
Later

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
i saw the spore trailer. i am confused, but it does look interesting. could be crap, could be ingenious. hopefully ingenious. and yes, wario sucks. i know nintendo is basically defined by the mario brothers...but come on, don't we have enough?

if waluigi and toad come in...i'm going to have to have a serious throwdown with nintendo.

too many clones. i would say "let's rid falco, young link, dr. mario, luigi, ganondorf, pichu, roy, and the up-and-coming zero suit samus", but i run the risk of getting beaten up by 10,000 smashers.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Shade_ said:
And samus will be my main, as will just love being able look at her while I play, man...........you need nothing else in a game that fun action and girls. As for wario................I don't like him, never have , never will, he is annoying, and annoying, and stinky, and annoying. Sorry fuse, but ever since that fateful day ten years ago when I got my first video game ever, Mario kart 64, and got passed by wario, and heard that laugh, I new he and I would never get along.
That's exactly why I'm picking Wario, alot of people don't like him and just think of everyone's expression when they start losing to that silly tubby guy. Lol, imagine getting owned by offensive bodily maneuvers, that would be annoying and embarrassing.

Actually, a character like Wario isn't usually my style. The first character I ever picked in both 64 and Melee was Samus. But this time I don't want to go with the cool factor, but with a "WTF" reaction. It's amusing.

Seeing as how work came to an abrupt halt due to mechanical problems in the machine equipment, the boss gave everyone two days off. I can finally practice now that I got the extra free time. There is no excuse this upcoming Saturday Shade, I won't be so rusty anymore.

Rasta: Thanks man, I appreciate that. As for your idea on making a combo video, can you elaborate? I was interested in the idea for a while.

Vodot: Since you mentioned clones, I don't think Wario's fighting style is going to be derived from the other bros. I hear he has a lot of variety from Wario Land and WarioWare to use as moves. But in terms of the character himself, it's the matter of opinion and I'm indifferent..........

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Shade_ said:
Hers my idea, learn, ulock all the characters first, practice with Zinth, grav, and my bro, until a month has passed, and then go online and have a win loss record of about 10 to 1, if even that.

AC4 will own so hard!!!!! oh yah cant wait.

Man I wonder what samus no suit color schemes are, maybee her hair would change colors, ahhhh I don't know, but they said that other characters from other parties might still be ther, I am only hoping KOS-MOS gets there, I would main in her instead of Samus in no time at all, more skin to see, and pretty hot to. OK TIME to shut up now.
Later
Well Shade, me and you have the right viewpoint. Ahaha there's nothing more pleasing than playing a game using a very hot girl character. I might use Wario just to annoy you sometimes lmao. I hope the no suit samus has a black or white color scheme ;). The only way Shade, I see KOS-MOS getting in is if they decide to bring her in because of Xenosaga version on the DS(She's been on Nintendo once.. so maybe? You never know... Solid Snake is 3rd party and was only on Nintendo once a long time ago wasn't he?).

Well I'm pumped about this game but I have a looong time to wait till this is released.

Edit: Smash Journyman ftw!

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I think I'm going to choose Meta Knight first. He was my favorite for a new character. Pit looks pretty sweet though. I might choose Marth first to see if they changed him any though. Also, I want to see how cool red Marth looks with the new graphics :cool: I hope that there's a color scheme editor. Also, Pit needs a black scheme and a red scheme. That would be totally awesome. Of course, if there's a color scheme editor, I could make one myself.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Kosmos, from what I remembered, Metal Gear started out as a MSX game. Than it got ported to the NES. Also, the remake of the PSX game Metal Gear Solid debuted on the GameCube with the subtitle Twin Snakes.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Vega, the combo video. Take the best combo's on saturday from all the smashers there (I want each person to have their own section, but I dont want it to be like Evolution) and put music to it, and that will be the Oklahoma Smash Combo Video.

I think Wario isnt going to have a clone, kinda peach, going to have his own move-set.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Yah he probably wont, and nice avatar by the way, KOS-MOS, still shes on the DS KOS-MOS should be on te rev, as an unlockable character if anything else.

And I will be awaiting saturday, very much, expect to see dart go up 5 levels to. And When the rev comes, I found the best way to see what the diferent characters do, is to fight them on the highest level, and the computers will show you the basic attacsk the character has, while you train with the one you like, at the same time picking another one that you want to learn, I hope they don't take out wding,

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh pimp, they added SSBB avatars. *changes avatar* Smash Pit is just too awesome. They did a really good job with him. I think that I'm going to have to pick him up as well.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Shade. Yeah I'm going to put the CPUs on the hardest difficulty when I first start(haha who knows? They might destroy me). The first person I want to fight online is yet to be decided.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Anyone who can bring a cube and/or a TV, that would help alot. Bring your own food/money. What else is there to say?

It looks like Im going to be playing Pit alot, but I will NEVER stray from Roy. ROY FOR TOP TIER!!!

Vodot

Smash Apprentice
metal gear was on msx??? i thought it started on nintendo! then after 2 of those was the best game ever, metal gear solid on ps(which later, as "the twin snakes" was put on gamecube) and the other 2 on ps2. but...pre-nes....wtf!?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Yea SSBB looks pretty sweet. Though Wario and the dog look pretty annoying and the fart thing isn't embarassing it is just stupid. Metaknight, pit and zero suit look sweet though. I am not going to say I am going to play a certain character because there will probably be many more than shown.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
How ya'll doing? Any tournaments scheduled anytime soon? I've never actually been in a tourny, though I would love it. I could learn some of the more "advanced" moves that I've heard about (Wave Dashing much?). I personally consider myself as a mid-level challenge though others will probably find me to be a newbie as the only people I can ever actually train with are my little brothers (13 and 10) and they're just not much of a challenge. (Shamefully) I have yet to complete a successful 3-vs-1 level nine computers match-up. If there is a tourny soon, I might not be able to make it as I would have to work around my schedule (getting out of high school is hard work) and my lack of funds (my job sucks.)

Smash Brawl looks great. Of the nine confirmed, I'm going to have to stick with Link (for now). I personally believe that the entire Melee cast will be there as well as at least ten new characters, and if that's the case, I'll start off with Luigi (Green is Golden!).

Well, I gotta get some Zs in befoe tomorrow. I got to look good for my Graduation pictures. See ya'll later now.

Top Bottom