• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I think the players that I am going to start playing(that I have seen so far) are zero suit samus, Link, and Pit.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Link looks awsome in this one, so awsome I might have to use him to, but as a second to samus. lol.

Any way, Where do you livefeerro de lupe.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Ferro De Lupe said:
How ya'll doing? Any tournaments scheduled anytime soon? I've never actually been in a tourny, though I would love it. I could learn some of the more "advanced" moves that I've heard about (Wave Dashing much?). I personally consider myself as a mid-level challenge though others will probably find me to be a newbie as the only people I can ever actually train with are my little brothers (13 and 10) and they're just not much of a challenge. (Shamefully) I have yet to complete a successful 3-vs-1 level nine computers match-up. If there is a tourny soon, I might not be able to make it as I would have to work around my schedule (getting out of high school is hard work) and my lack of funds (my job sucks.)

Smash Brawl looks great. Of the nine confirmed, I'm going to have to stick with Link (for now). I personally believe that the entire Melee cast will be there as well as at least ten new characters, and if that's the case, I'll start off with Luigi (Green is Golden!).

Well, I gotta get some Zs in befoe tomorrow. I got to look good for my Graduation pictures. See ya'll later now.
Nice to meet you Ferro. We actually do have a tourny planned out sometime this upcoming month. I don't have the details on that so you'll have to wait for Rasta's reply. Other than that we have a get-together going on this Saturday and you're welcome to join us if you wish. Everyone here is cool to get-along with so you can ask any other questions and whatnot.

Hey we were all newbies once, and some people here just started wavedashing a couple months back. This game (in it's known competitive sense) isn't so hard to get started on, but it is so deep that it's probably impossible to master. Now just to set things straight, being able to beat 3-Lv 9 CPU's isn't what you want to accomplish. You won't get better at anything except owning CPU's, and will certainly not do well in a tourny. The NUMBER #1 thing you DO want to accomplish is L-canceling consistently. It reduces the lag out of your aerial moves when you land. This technique is what ultimately seperates casuals from competitive Smashers. If you want to learn, here is an example with Link you can practice:

Now when you perform a D-Air (a down aerial A attack), try to press L or R right before the moment you land. If you did it properly, you'll notice that he recovered from his down thrust animation faster. I'm sure you will be able to pick this technique up in no time.

If you want Luigi specific strategies (I'm assuming you use him too), we have a member named Po Pimpus on the thread who can give you advice. I'd say he is the most adept Luigi player here in Oklahoma. I'll let him know if you do.

Well, hope that helps.

Scud said:
Yea SSBB looks pretty sweet. Though Wario and the dog look pretty annoying and the fart thing isn't embarassing it is just stupid. Metaknight, pit and zero suit look sweet though. I am not going to say I am going to play a certain character because there will probably be many more than shown.
You further strenghten my reason to go with the "WTF" reaction with Wario, lol. I know a lot of people hate his ugly mug, so I want to give them a fight they will never forget. Oh, and I thought the same thing about waiting to see all the characters first too. But I don't know if anyone can top Wario in the displeasing factor.

Vodot said:
metal gear was on msx??? i thought it started on nintendo! then after 2 of those was the best game ever, metal gear solid on ps(which later, as "the twin snakes" was put on gamecube) and the other 2 on ps2. but...pre-nes....wtf!?
Indeed it's true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear

Shade_

Smash Ace
yah have any questions, then ask and well all give some help in one way or another, and practice on level 7 cps if anything, they are more human than level 9.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Nice to meet you Ferro. We actually do have a tourny planned out sometime this upcoming month. I don't have the details on that so you'll have to wait for Rasta's reply. Other than that we have a get-together going on this Saturday and you're welcome to join us if you wish. Everyone here is cool to get-along with so you can ask any other questions and whatnot.
Glad to get a warm welcome. It's so hard to get a decent welcome from anywhere online now-a-days that it's like a special rare hidden event to find one.

@Shade - Altus. We're that tiny smudge on the map in the southwest corner of the state. Jackson county's biggest town (and probably the biggest town for 10-11 neighbooring counties too.)

Vegafuse said:
Now just to set things straight, being able to beat 3-Lv 9 CPU's isn't what you want to accomplish. You won't get better at anything except owning CPU's, and will certainly not do well in a tourny. The NUMBER #1 thing you DO want to accomplish is L-canceling consistently. It reduces the lag out of your aerial moves when you land. This technique is what ultimately seperates casuals from competitive Smashers. If you want to learn, here is an example with Link you can practice:

Now when you perform a D-Air (a down aerial A attack), try to press L or R right before the moment you land. If you did it properly, you'll notice that he recovered from his down thrust animation faster. I'm sure you will be able to pick this technique up in no time.
Really? I was always told that (since it is somewhat of a challenge) that it was a good way to get practice. What about Event 51? Would that be a better place. I really don't have anyone near me to play against, so computers are about the only form of practice I can get.

L-Canceling? Never heard of it. Sounds like a good little trick to pull out of a hat in a tight spot. I think I will give it a try. I tried Wavedashig once (got pretty good at the straight down one, hehehe) but I just couldn't do it well enough while actually moving so I gave up on it.

Vegafuse said:
If you want Luigi specific strategies (I'm assuming you use him too), we have a member named Po Pimpus on the thread who can give you advice. I'd say he is the most adept Luigi player here in Oklahoma. I'll let him know if you do.

Well, hope that helps.
Well, I guess when I bump into him I'll talk to him about it.

I hope it helps too. Though not as my only form of income, I would like to do this on a professional level and get paid/win money in Smash tournies. I just hope this is the beggining of a better Smash future for me.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Haha if you have the right determination, then it seems like a possible future for you to me, You should really come to the saturday smash fest, And I can help you to when you come. Now adays the average smasher is pretty good, they use to suck but from what I have seen online the average smasher isn't half bad,

Computers just never learn thats it, but if you can beat three of them against you, then thats not half bad.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Haha if you have the right determination, then it seems like a possible future for you to me, You should really come to the saturday smash fest, And I can help you to when you come. Now adays the average smasher is pretty good, they use to suck but from what I have seen online the average smasher isn't half bad,

Computers just never learn thats it, but if you can beat three of them against you, then thats not half bad.

Where and when is it?

I got graduation tonight and I'm going to the bowling after party from 9:00 - 12:00. Tomorrow's free though, so (if it's close) I might just come over.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Welcome Ferro De Lupe! It is always great to have new people involved! It'll be awesome if you can make the fest tomorrow. As for where it is, PM RastaImposta and he should tell you. Also, here's my part of advice. Vega is correct in that you need to learn L-cancelling; it is a mandatory skill for high-level play. Also, you should learn to wavedash as well. Wavedashing isn't quite as important as L-cancelling, but it is a very good skill to have, and is also very fun to pull off to boot :) In time, you will be performing these techniques naturally, as I have. I've been playing high-level play for a bit more than a year, but in that year, my skills have increased exponentially. Also, as for taking on three level 9s at once, that is something that you do not need to be able to do at all. Hell, I don't know how consistently I'd be able to do it (if team attack is on, I think I can do it a fair amount of the time at the least). But, this trains you against not only the predictable CPU patterns that run into your smash attacks, but also against multiple opponents at once, which is not a skill you need to have. Also, the level 9 CPU's extreme reaction time gives it elements that human players do not have, so in general it's not too good to practice against level 9s. It doesn't hurt, but it's not too helpful either. I myself practice against level 1s. Playing against the CPU cannot increase my mind game skills, but it can increase my technical skills, and since level 1s barely fight back, they're very good for practicing moves and combos on. People like Chillin also practice against level 1s when there's no one around. The first things that you need to get down though are wavedashing and L-cancelling. Also, if you don't have short hopping down yet, that is a must. I'd probably even say that that takes priority over L-cancelling and wavedashing. Incase you don't already know how to do it, an easy way is to just snap your thumb off of the right edge of the X button. That technique allows you to immediately hit people with aerial attacks while at ground level, opening up worlds of new possibilities.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Id say that we were lucky that everyone in the smash community turned out to cool people. Feel free to ask everyone for different opinions, I will give you a lay out of characters most people that talk on this forum use and,are aquanted with, so you can ask how to use them better or beat them, these are the characters I see most of these people accell with.

Pay, Falco
Dart, Falco, Luigi, DC Mario
Gravity, Samus
Lee, Fox
Po pimpus, Luigi, Samus
Fresh, Yung Link, C falcon
KOS-MOS, Fox, Marth,
Rosterimposter, Roy,
Shanx, Marth
Scud, Falco
Vegafuse, everything exept jiggly puff, "from what I have seen"
Vadot, C falcon, Marth
Me, "Shade", Falco, Marth, Link, Samus, Shiek, Roy, Fox, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, peach.

Feel free to ask anyone about their character and how they play them.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Shade_ said:
Id say that we were lucky that everyone in the smash community turned out to cool people. Feel free to ask everyone for different opinions, I will give you a lay out of characters most people that talk on this forum use and,are aquanted with, so you can ask how to use them better or beat them, these are the characters I see most of these people accell with.

Pay, Falco
Dart, Falco, Luigi, DC Mario
Gravity, Samus
Lee, Fox
Po pimpus, Luigi, Samus
Fresh, Yung Link, C falcon
KOS-MOS, Fox, Marth,
Rosterimposter, Roy,
Shanx, Marth
Scud, Falco
Vegafuse, everything exept jiggly puff, "from what I have seen"
Vadot, C falcon, Marth
Me, "Shade", Falco, Marth, Link, Samus, Shiek, Roy, Fox, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, peach.

Feel free to ask anyone about their character and how they play them.
Hey, you forgot me! How could you do that, forget your own 2v2 teammate? Lol.

I, Zinth, use Marth, Fox, and Sheik. This fact is shown by the picture below:

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
I'll make this quick...

News: I *think* the OC crew is back from the Nolan Center days. I'll confirm this within a week. If it is true, then you guys should form a crew against theirs. Po, Fresh, and I use to have furious battles against them.

Hey Zinth, what ever happened to all those cool things you were going to do? Remember you said you planned to make T-shirts and a website for OK Smash? (and other stuff too) I was really looking forward to that....:(

I had more to say but I gotta go. I'll post later.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
News: I *think* the OC crew is back from the Nolan Center days. I'll confirm this within a week. If it is true, then you guys should form a crew against theirs. Po, Fresh, and I use to have furious battles against them.

Hey Zinth, what ever happened to all those cool things you were going to do? Remember you said you planned to make T-shirts and a website for OK Smash? (and other stuff too) I was really looking forward to that....:(

I had more to say but I gotta go. I'll post later.
Heh. Don't worry, I do intend to finish those. My personal life has just been kind of rocky and then confusing and superfocussed lately, so I've been kind of distracted. I'm also wondering if I should come up with a new design for the shirt. Also, since Shade changed his Marth color, I'll need to have a picture retaken. But, I do not intend for this to become a lost project. Also, the website is still being made, I just need to get to work on making images for it.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Another Quickie...

Omega_Star said:
Heh. Don't worry, I do intend to finish those. My personal life has just been kind of rocky and then confusing and superfocussed lately, so I've been kind of distracted. I'm also wondering if I should come up with a new design for the shirt. Also, since Shade changed his Marth color, I'll need to have a picture retaken. But, I do not intend for this to become a lost project. Also, the website is still being made, I just need to get to work on making images for it.
Sweet, if Shade and Kosmos are the kings of Smash skill, than you and Rasta are the Kings of Smash Community goodness.

BTW Ferro, Congratulations! It feels good to be out of highschool. I remember my graduation last year........ except we went to the skating ring. I guess Norman smashers (Scud, Vodot, etc.) are closer to Atlus than the rest of us, yet it's still pretty far out there. Hopefully you can find some people around your area who're interested in Melee.

Meh, I'll be back again after I go take care some stuff.........

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vodot said:
ha, znth is an elitist. if there was another person in the top tier, he'd play with them :p
Yayuhhz!!!!!

Heh, I don't intend to be just a king of community goodness. Remember, I'm Shade's doubles partner, and I have a lot of pride, so I don't want to be seen as the obviously weaker link, so you guys had better watch out :demon: Hell, I won't accept being anything but the top :p

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Changing that list a little bit Shade :p. The characters I am good with are:

Fox(I've gotten extremely better with him).
Falco(I've also improved greatly).
Peach
Link
Marth

These are who I plan on using in MLG Dallas...

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Hmmmm, I'm going to fill in the gaps.....

-Ferro De Lupe: (?)
-Pay$: Falco
-Dart: Falco, Luigi, Dr. Mario
-Gravity: Samus
-Lee: Fox
-Po pimpus: Luigi, Samus
-Fresh: Young Link, Jigglypuff, Ness
-KOS-MOS: Fox, Marth, Peach, Falco, Link
-RastaImposta: Roy
-Shanx: Marth
-Scud: Falco
-Zinth: Marth, Fox, Sheik <------Elitist
-Vegafuse: I dropped everyone in favor of: Bowser, Mewtwo, Pichu <---Anti-Elitist
-Vodot: C falcon, Marth, Jigglypuff
-Shade: Falco, Marth, Link, Samus, Shiek, Roy, Fox, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, peach.
-Deck: Sheik, C. Falcon, Ness
-Sol-8: He'll pick anyone cuz he sucks >__>..... just don't MM$ him in SSB64 and you'll be okay.
-OC Crew: There's like ten of these guys, I don't remember who they use. IIRC, the main guy from the crew used Pikachu. I'll see if they are still around.

Well, that's the current list of known competitive Smashers and their characters.

Hey Ferro, you might want to check this out. I know it's Gamefaqs, but it is actually useful:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=22412185

and some vids:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=23469883

Anyways, I might be the only guy from my group that's going to make it. Fresh already made plans with his Friends and Po and Deck (as usual) work on weekends. Po said he might be able to make it after 9pm, though.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
It starts at 1pm guys, not 12am, thats a lil too early if you ask me.

I also play with Fox and Ice Climbers.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Ok cool, be there at one, h KOS-MOS, bring your AR, that is important for making an ok comboe vid!!!!!!,

Also, before we start recording for a comboe vid, I am giong to talk t each of you personally one on one on attack comboes you should do, and what attacks you should try pull of in order to make the video look better, about 15 to 20 minuts a person,

And about the songs that I want you all to help me choose, I will just bring a cd, and have you guys tell me which song you think would match my part of the comboe vid, I will bring alot of fihgt songs as well for us to listen to while we play.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Starts in ONE HOUR. Make sure you bring your own food/money. If your bringing money, like $6-$7 can get you your own pizza (Large Single Topping), if not, just bring like $4 and we can pile the money together to get pizza and drinks.

As for the DVD, you guys will get it before you leave. I thought I had it all done, but the program I was using to convert them to DVD videos only did 50%. I had a patch that I thought worked, but it didnt. So I'm using a different one, a little slower, but its doing the whole thing. One downside is it leaves a water mark in the center of the video, you can still see everything fine. Sorry bout that guys, I should have checked, but you guys will have it before you leave.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
RastaImposta said:
Starts in ONE HOUR. Make sure you bring your own food/money. If your bringing money, like $6-$7 can get you your own pizza (Large Single Topping), if not, just bring like $4 and we can pile the money together to get pizza and drinks.

As for the DVD, you guys will get it before you leave. I thought I had it all done, but the program I was using to convert them to DVD videos only did 50%. I had a patch that I thought worked, but it didnt. So I'm using a different one, a little slower, but its doing the whole thing. One downside is it leaves a water mark in the center of the video, you can still see everything fine. Sorry bout that guys, I should have checked, but you guys will have it before you leave.
What DVD are you talking about?

Ok, I may not be able to make it. My parents were like "blah blah blah school crap" and I was like "wtf" so I'm stuck here doing some school crap. If I can get a good deal of it done, maybe I can get there later. I'm also not sure if I'll be able to make MLG; that's the weekend before finals, and I don't know if my parents will want me to go. Why the hell couldn't they have waited one more weekend to have it??!?!?!??!?! :mad: That would have been PERFECT.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Hmmmm, I'm going to fill in the gaps.....

-Ferro De Lupe: (?)
-Pay$: Falco
-Dart: Falco, Luigi, Dr. Mario
-Gravity: Samus
-Lee: Fox
-Po pimpus: Luigi, Samus
-Fresh: Young Link, Jigglypuff, Ness
-KOS-MOS: Fox, Marth, Peach, Falco, Link
-RastaImposta: Roy
-Shanx: Marth
-Scud: Falco
-Zinth: Marth, Fox, Sheik <------Elitist
-Vegafuse: I dropped everyone in favor of: Bowser, Mewtwo, Pichu <---Anti-Elitist
-Vodot: C falcon, Marth, Jigglypuff
-Shade: Falco, Marth, Link, Samus, Shiek, Roy, Fox, Zelda, Mario, Luigi, peach.
-Deck: Sheik, C. Falcon, Ness
-Sol-8: He'll pick anyone cuz he sucks >__>..... just don't MM$ him in SSB64 and you'll be okay.
-OC Crew: There's like ten of these guys, I don't remember who they use. IIRC, the main guy from the crew used Pikachu. I'll see if they are still around.

Well, that's the current list of known competitive Smashers and their characters.

Hey Ferro, you might want to check this out. I know it's Gamefaqs, but it is actually useful:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=22412185

and some vids:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=516492&topic=23469883

Anyways, I might be the only guy from my group that's going to make it. Fresh already made plans with his Friends and Po and Deck (as usual) work on weekends. Po said he might be able to make it after 9pm, though.
I watched those videos and all I have to say is this:

"Oh my goodness!" ~ ShirleyTemple

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me if I'm even going to come close to that level of skill. I've started wave dashing and I'm getting pretty good at it. It's not perfect, but I can do it better now than I could the first time I tried it (about 3 months ago). My timing is off though. I keep hitting L TOO soon and I end up with a shield. I'm going to have to work on that a bit.

My top three are Luigi, Young Link, and Kirby. Everyone else (except Jiggy, Pichu, Ness, Ice Climbers and Peach) I can use with about the same level of skill though not as well as my trio. And then, the five mentioned ones I'm just plain terrible when using.

Also, how do you guys get the films of the fights? Is there a special mode I have to go into, or do you just have a camera in front of your TV?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
200th post!!! Wooooo!!!

Ferro De Lupe said:
I watched those videos and all I have to say is this:

"Oh my goodness!" ~ ShirleyTemple

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me if I'm even going to come close to that level of skill. I've started wave dashing and I'm getting pretty good at it. It's not perfect, but I can do it better now than I could the first time I tried it (about 3 months ago). My timing is off though. I keep hitting L TOO soon and I end up with a shield. I'm going to have to work on that a bit.

My top three are Luigi, Young Link, and Kirby. Everyone else (except Jiggy, Pichu, Ness, Ice Climbers and Peach) I can use with about the same level of skill though not as well as my trio. And then, the five mentioned ones I'm just plain terrible when using.

Also, how do you guys get the films of the fights? Is there a special mode I have to go into, or do you just have a camera in front of your TV?
Heh, we've all got a ways to go until we've got pro skills.

Sometimes we record the fights with a VCR, Shade puts it on a DVD, and I put it on the web. However, recently I've been just using a camera infront of a TV. I think that I actually prefer the second method, as it requires much less work. BACH uses a camera in front of a TV to record the professional fights at MLG. I think that they're using VCRs at the Smashfest today though. Man, I wish I could have gone, I wanted to get some recording done (with a camera).

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
I would have gone had it not been in OKC. When's the next one supposed to be?
Currently we haven't planned another one yet. However, we will have more. I think that we should have the next one early into summer, and then from there have a ton of them during the summer, so our skills will get rocket-boosted.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Well, next time there is one, I hope I can go. Does anyone live in Lawton? I don't mind driving to Lawton...it's only an hour away (fourty-five miutes with me driving :chuckle: .)

I just want to come join a match-up where the people I'm playing actually know what they're doing. Out of all the people I've ever played in Melee (which isn't that many to begin with) I've only encountered about four people who had any skill. I beat three of them down without any issues, but the fourth guy owned me so badly. I have beaten him once out of the (maybe) twenty times that we've played and that was this past Friday. None of them know (or at least give any hint that they know) the moves.

I know you guys would probably...er...definatly kick my keester so hard I'd end up in the Zebes acid pits, but still...it'd be enough for me to play with someone who knows the game a bit more than my brother. I can play circles around him. I get more of a challenge from the computers... :ohwell:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
People hold smashfests at their house, so we really dont know when or where the next one will be held. May 25- June 8 or somewhere around there wont be any good for me because I have a friend coming from Texas to chill with me. July 3rd to July 16th wont be any good for me because I will be in Texas chillen with the friend that came and chilled with me. So basically most of June is good, I might hold one sometime in June and/or August.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Aahhh Po Pimpus, Vegafuse, Naruto that game is was still in my Gamecube when I left(I thought one of yall had taken it out.. Well yall know my address so you can come by anytime and pick it up. Really sorry about that). >_<

You can come by anytime after 3pm tomorrow and come pick it up. Ahhhh I feel really bad...

Shade_

Smash Ace
That was a great smash fefst guys, all of you really improved alot more than I thought you would, when you guys get alot better it forces me to do the same so I really should thank you all for pushing me to, also I have a bit of advice to when we go to MLG,

Number one, if theres a move that you are thinking about doing and you know you han't practiceed it much, and it might kill you, half the time the, then thers no way you can do it with pressure. DONT. lol

Number two, Some characters have projectiles, link samus, falco, fox, as you all know, if you come across some one that dosn't have them, or dosn't use them much, run away and spam your own, and pressure them to come to you, then when you have them going, is when you can have some fun, there concentrating on getting to you, and you can think of what you can do to them when they get there.

Last one, When you fihgts someone, and win the first time, DO NOT THINK, "ok I beat them once just got to do it again", that is completely wrong, they could have let you win, and or they can really fight much harder, fight as harder your second time through than your first time, alot harder.even if you win.

Ok Zinth the news you are giving us dosn't bold well for me, if your story comes true, I am going to need another partner, KOS-MOS, out of all the people I teamed with I thought you and I worked great together, and if its ok with fuse and Zinth dosn't make it, I was wondering if you would like to bust in there with me as a partner.

Also hers what I noticed what most of you need to work on, after reviewing some of the vids, I already told you rosster, lol, and paymont all you need is to be able to do the moves faster, you really have most everything else down.

KOS-MOS, thers a few things, you have pricision, and tech skill, just need to fine tune some of it up, Everything here is what I want you and fuse to work on mainly

OK some of this you all need to do, When on the edge, dont use the normal get up attack, fall off jump back and attack, it is safer and much better, unless your trying to trick your opponent, learn the other one. KOS-MOS you really need to learn this teqhnique.

Next thing, when hanging on the ledge, and there coming back to recover, wait till they are almost about to hit you, then press L or whatever to stop them, I saw alot of doing this to early and they got back. For vega and KOS-MOS

Next thing, alot of you had many opportunities to attack, but just don't realize it, the biggest example when you shield a strong attack, that pushes you back, samus's down smash for ex, once it hits your shield your out of shield grabing range right, "WRONG," once they hit your shield and your out of range, Wave dash out of shield, towards them into grab or up smash or what ever, It helps alot. Veag and KOS-MOS

Next thing, KOS-MOS mainly, you have a habbit of always wave dashing back before you really attack, so the opponent is thinking ok, I nkow hes going to go back, so I will just wait for him to do that, then hit him. Sometimes you need to mix it up.

With link, your just grab happy, everyone willl kil you with one missed grab, don't do it unless they are getting up from the ground, or just finished a huge lagorific attack, KOS-MOS

Fox and Falco, you honestly ussually don't want to advance with fox or Falcoe, just sit there and make them come to you. Unless you are in range of them, you might want to shoot fake out reverse shot, and then come in, or something. KOS-MOS

Hope it helps, I had a good time.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS, I didnt realize I left Naruto... I shouldve left the free loader too, then you could play. Oh well. Just take good care of it, I dont know when I'll be able to pick it up yet. Oh yeah, this post brought to you by my BRAND-NEW computer!! *Does Kirby Dance* I'm really hyped about Smash again, thanks to the Brawl trailer, so I'll definitely be trying to get something going. I'm just really bummed that I can't go to Dallas next weekend... So you guys try hard and don't be like me and make sure you get lots of good footage! GOOD LUCK!!

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I have Freeloader Po Pimpus lolI played it a little bit earlier. I could mail or it you could come get it or whatever. Even though I REALLY like the game, it's not mine, its your :p so feel free to take it back anytime). About the partner thing, It really doesn't matter which team I'm on in the tourny as long as I get to be in the 2vs2 this time lol.

By the way Shade, thanks for the tips and I'll try to work on my smash game alot this week.

Vegafuse

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Smashfest! Next, MLG!!!

Rasta, it was good to see familiar faces again. The SSBB video was like :uzi:........ and Brandon and me were like :crazy: You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment, and Po's reaction was self-explanatory, lol.

Just be sure to tell Pay$ to give it up in Halo2, he'll never match my skillz! jk

Shade_ said:
Nah Shade, I didn't improve. I just finally had the chance to warm-up two days beforehand. Now I'm familiar with the controls again, just like I was last year. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep that in mind. Your Samus is anti-Lowtier :(

Kosmos, man those were some crazy matches. Especially those 2vs2 ones, it was funny when Geoff and I actually beat you and Shade :p

Edit: Oh yeah Kosmos, if you're picking up on Naruto seriously, go to the forums at willvolution.com. It gots everything you need to know.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Vegafuse said:
Rasta, it was good to see familiar faces again. The SSBB video was like :uzi:........ and Brandon and me were like :crazy: You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment, and Po's reaction was self-explanatory, lol.

Just be sure to tell Pay$ to give it up in Halo2, he'll never match my skillz! jk

Nah Shade, I didn't improve. I just finally had the chance to warm-up two days beforehand. Now I'm familiar with the controls again, just like I was last year. Thanks for the advice though, I'll keep that in mind. Your Samus is anti-Lowtier :(

Kosmos, man those were some crazy matches. Especially those 2vs2 ones, it was funny when Geoff and I actually beat you and Shade :p

Edit: Oh yeah Kosmos, if you're picking up on Naruto seriously, go to the forums at willvolution.com. It gots everything you need to know.
Man, I wish I could have seen your reactions to the SSBB video! Man, I remember the night they revealed it, I was freaking out so much. Lol :lick:

Shade_

Smash Ace
You guys should have seen my reaction to no suit samus. It was like amix of staring at the screen in Awwww for an hour folowed by a bunch of yahs, and that is so sexy's, and cant wait's.

Top Bottom