• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i can't help it, my colors were revolutionized! :p

i really like this sig, i used to have just userbars while i was waiting for this.
many thanks to epsilon52, for being a pwnmaster.
this sig will last...at least until brawl. and only a minimum of that time because of sheiks questionable brawl existance

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Hey.. lets not get into a quarrel about small things like this. Like I said before the power rankings, everyone knows where they stand in the state and knows what they need to work on to get better. This is why I was a little nervous about having power rankings.. because of all the dissapointments people were going to have when they didn't place where they thought they were going to.

For example.. if I would have placed 7th in power rankings.. do you think everyone would think that I actually WAS 7th in the state? LOL what about Pablo? According to the ranking's he's the worst in the state.. but can give the top 3 a run for their money..

Rank is not something we should be getting all on edge about.. we're family and we should give each other tips on how to improve our game, not whine and complain about where we stand... thats childish.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Seriously, rankings are for nubs. I never liked rankings myself because anyone can do anything on any given day. I think most people have a general idea of who stands where, but the important thing is to just enjoy the game and try to improve. I'm sorry I didn't get to make it to OHSNAP, but I'll try to make it to the 2nd one, and see if I can bring some of Austin along with me. Then you'll have more to worry about than Dallas :p <3 <3 <3

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
dude reno hows my sig comin along

anyways the power rankings was just a distraction
all we were really doing was havin a good time
and i got to examine everyone's skills

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Seriously, rankings are for nubs. I never liked rankings myself because anyone can do anything on any given day. I think most people have a general idea of who stands where, but the important thing is to just enjoy the game and try to improve. I'm sorry I didn't get to make it to OHSNAP, but I'll try to make it to the 2nd one, and see if I can bring some of Austin along with me. Then you'll have more to worry about than Dallas :p <3 <3 <3
Ooo, you must come and bring FastLikeTree, Xelic, DCX, and whoever else with you! And tell Crystal City to come along too :p

I personally don't think that rankings are too important, but I think that we should keep them around and update them with tournaments and stuff for fun. It could be like MLG rankings, y'know? Cause I mean it's based on points, and Azen isn't even in the top 8 in the MLG standings (mainly cause he jumped in late), but we all know that he's way better than that, right?

Do money matches count toward power rankings?

Shade_

Smash Ace
Rankings are for out of staters to get a generall idea of who can do what, however like jf said, we all know where each other stands basically here.

Gravity

Smash Ace
man, all i have to say zinth, is that theres way more pros between the level of ken and the level of us then you put.

and for me, power ranking was just another way for me to justify telling rasta he sucks.
but, no, seriously, the only real reason i was looking forward to power rankings, was that i got to smash, regardles of conditions, smashing is smashing.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
man, all i have to say zinth, is that theres way more pros between the level of ken and the level of us then you put.
Lol, I know, that's why I made that note with the list indicating that I only listed a few to give a general idea of each skill level :p I've got a more-yet-not-totally complete list going on my computer, but I'm not finished with it yet.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
^ Dayummm, that's craaaazzzzyyyyy!!!!! I didn't even know what was going on through half of it! All of that stuff is technically possible to perform?!?!?!?!

And yeah, I saw a teaser for Adventure 2, it was pretty nuts, can't wait to see the whole thing.

Shade_

Smash Ace
wow pf 2 was pretty sweet. Haha if only grave could do half that stuff........ lol.....whatever well be in the pros one way or another, it might take a while but its nothing out of reach.

Gravity

Smash Ace
sometimes i dont get what your posts really mean. or who theyre raeally directed to, since most of that last post just sounded like you talking to yourself. not like youll read this anyway, but wahtever
AND IF YOU CALL ME GRAVE ONE MORE TIME, ILL RETALIATE IN AN UNDETERMINED MANNER

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
perfect control is awesome
ive been asking how they did it
its really difficult stuff
its like debug menu
and go 2 developers mode er something

hard **** after that

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Y'all should make a thread for OHSNAP2 so you can generate some interest. I know I wouldn't be able to make it without a ride, and if I can convince Wes to take some people up there then I'd be able to go, as well as Xelic, obviously Wes, and maybe some others.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
i know the perfect way to settle this. If your name is not rasta, then you don't have to make a thread for OHSNAP 2.

shade-nope, not rasta
zinth- not rasta
vegafuse-hmmm, nope
grav(it's like the matrix, there is no E)- hahahahahahahahahahaha, not even close
pay$- close, but not quite
po pimpus- probably not
fresh- hmmmm, upon further examination, no he's not rasta
shanx- well, i'm obviously not rasta
malicechaos- no, isai is not rasta
king gt- maybe, let's keep trying
scud- not quite
derrick (forgot his name on the boards)- nope, not rasta
rasta- :confused: LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER!

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
hahahaaa
idk ive been confused with alot of othr ppl lol

im not gonna lie to u guys
i think ive been confused for almost evry race
yes even black

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
From now on this is OF crew's entrance when we arrive at any tournmanent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMxrRxxbqOo
Haha, I love it.

Actually, I think that it'd be a good idea if I started the thread, since I'm pretty much always around to update it when needed. I would prefer South_Paw to make it, but I haven't seen him around in awhile, so if we want to get it started now, I'm probably the one who should do it. I did the thread for OHSNAP1 as well.

Ok guys, I made the thread. The planning thread is in the Southwest forum, and once all the details are worked out I may have South_Paw make another thread in tournament discussion.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Pfft, Gravity isnt even top 3 in the state. He practices like 4x more than I do, and Im just BARELY under him, the mm we had was bs, stupid *** jiggs just kept getting stuck on the platform and getting hit with the missles.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Wow, a new player, nice to meet you!!!
feel free to ask anyone in this thread for help,, advice, or information on anything.

Gravity

Smash Ace
wtf? i almost never practice...and i didnt lose TO THE LUIGI OF SOMEONE WHO DOESNT OWN THE GAME!!! in fact i 4 stocked his main twice. and since when is being 2 stocked on fd AND your counterpick slightly under me? anyway, no johns.

and tyrannosaurus, no offense, but i think i vaguely remember you...were you there friday too? i dont know....

that would be so awesome

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Zomg a tyrannosaurus :eek: He must be mighty...

Lmfao Gravity, nice quote... but by Wes he means "FastLikeTree," not the legendary black Samus... but who knows, maybe someday we will get Samus Wes down here. Though FastLikeTree is extremely good and I really want him to come to this, so yes, it would and hopefully will be so awesome.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
maybe if someone with photoshop *cough reno cough* would make an ohsnap2 bar that looks like my sig, then i'd do it, but yours just screams zinth.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, I wonder why. The only uncovered character is red Marth doing my favorite move of all time, the dair. But there are also Fox, Luigi, Samus, and C. Falcon behind the letters.

Shade_

Smash Ace
the letters are a bit in the way lol

RENO!!!!!!!!! RENO!!!!!!!!!!! RENO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Photo shop, I must have it!!!!!!!! don't forget to get it on a cd and give it to me the next time we meet.

As soon as I get photo shop I am going to make a thing for everyone, kinda like a wallpaper kinda thing for each of us. With their main character and a fancy backround and the title being our smash name, and then like a catchy thing to go with it. Like Bringer of death or something.

Gravity

Smash Ace
oh yeah, reno, ill probably come by next weekend to get my wallet. i remember exactly where it was, but if its not there, ill just look around for it. so i can come over friday saturday, or sunday, so whichever is more convenient.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
where EXACTLY do you think it is so i can try to find it right now?and sure, i'll make an OHSNAP userbar. and by "make" i mean i'll get skywalker or marthmaster92 to do it. :p
i'll ask them for a quick one, and make a great one for us this weekend after the ACT

Gravity

Smash Ace
It was exactly on your counter, behind one of the chairs where you had the laptop, behind the one furthest from the couch, iirc. it was also right by some junk, right on the edge of the counter, on the side of the counter closest to the living room. kinda hard to describe but whatever.

Top Bottom