• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Gravity

Smash Ace
or you can do what i did, having no knowledge of anything, and click on switch editing modes, put the image in with the image button, click on it, and then click on the link to button and put ohsnap thread in there.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
woot im almost 15
gimme 1 week and 6 days
thats the monday after halloween

who else has next friday off because of parent teacher meetings?
and is there gonna be something this weekend?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
k, i am doing brackets, money, and finding a place for OHSNAP2, as host. or co-host, if rasta wants to share directorship. :)

things i need done:
*food(i'll tell the person who does this more about it later)
***3 main advertisors/beggers :p
*equipment checker(makes sure there will be enough tvs, cube, etc. and makes sure nothing gets lost at the tournament)
**2 "artists"(one to make flyers, the other to make a ruleset-mainly list acceptable stages- on huge colored paper so we can put it up on the wall of the smashfest and people can stop argueing over rules until my laptop solves everything)
*1 person in charge of giving OOSers directions and instructions(probably Babac since he will be my cohost and knows what's up)

8 jobs to do. if you want to help out, and have the time to do it, tell me. don't just pick a job, i'll assign you one, but of course, tell me if you really want to do one or why you're suited to do one.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
dibs on one of the artists
im a real good artist
my writing style is graffiti-like
i specialize in anime-like and sonic-like characters
not exactly choosing just requesting...
if ur gonna assign me anything at all that would be best

its also problyu the only thing i CAN do
i dont hav any money for food (i hav the cooking skills not that we'll be cooking)
im horrible at keeping track of anyones stuff (much less my own)
i hav no idea how to give ppl directions (cant they just mapquest)
this is a technical resume (reh-zoom-ay)(lol u guys knew it was that version of resume)

and wheres my sig reno/headband guy/hazy/alejandro?

Gravity

Smash Ace
im interested in helping, and the only things i can see myself being good at are: Food Guy, as long as i dont have to buy it with my own money, but i have a car so i can go out and get it or wahtever, and i dont mind; or Equipment Guy, since, uh, i can remember whos stuff is whos, and ill come up with a way to to tell whos gamecube is whos, since theres like 3 colors....plus, i want to be involved so yeah. i guess i could POSSIBLY function as a direction giver, but im not to confident in my abilites in it, and i dont know the norman area that well, except that to get there you go on I35...

so there, and i have the time to do it. especially if its on a weekend.

and if it wasnt clear, id be equally content doing either of the first two jobs, and the last one i put as sort of a just in case thing...and as long as im talking about just in case, it doesnt really take a skilled artist to write huge letters on huge paper, if tehres a shortage or something.

but ill do whatever....

Gravity

Smash Ace

the point of this post is to say, that the ****ing rain made me slide over a curb, and the car looks not good.

and i DONT want to hear any ****ing jokes about my driving, or ill hate you all forever

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Dont worry man, **** happens, Ive hit a curb aswell, just ask shanx...$800 worth of damage.

Gravity

Smash Ace
yeah, ive calmed down a little bit...and yeah. **** does happen.

whatever...all i have to say, is that i probably wont be going anywhere soon(obviously) unless i can get rides again.

however, ive arranged that i will still be going out friday to get my license, only itll probablybe at like 3:30 now.

Shade_

Smash Ace
hmmm, kosmos, can you give me a ride to the japanese class then? Andy can youstill take me aika, and meachen, from school?

ssbm_master

Smash Cadet
hey guys im gonna see if i can we can have a STD at my house.

also ohsnap 2 at christmas break.hmmmmm tell me what days so i can see if i can still go to massachusets.
can someone make me a sig with a samus and a fox. preferably a red fox and a a samus with the gravity suit on.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
hey my skools video game club is having a halo tourny in 2 weeks
a SSBM tourney the next week
and a Halo 2 tourney the week after

the catch is they will all cost some money (to enter and food)
AND u hav to be at my skool around 3:30 next wednesday for more info
Edmond North High School
I'll be waiting if u guys wanta come

anywas i kinda sketched an idea for one of the OHSNAP 2 flyers
if i had a digital camera or scanner on me i would post a pic

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
ok
First meeting (mandatory) Nov. 1
Halo tournament...................Nov.8
SSBM tourny.......................... Nov. 15
Halo 2 tourny........................ Nov. 22
AFTERPARTY..........................Nov. 29
room 133

there you go

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
its basically for a head count
so they know how much stuff theyll need
like xbox (360)(GC), controllers, food, CAT5 cables,

and it should be fun
our president's gonna bring his 360 and Splinter Cell Double Agent

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
I can bring my Smash, Cube, and a TV there.

You know, if they can get regular SSBM tournaments going, this could be a very good thing...

I should probably go to the mandatory meeting to account for OK and give them the what's-up on tournament rules.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Andy, just calm down dude lol. I kid about all that stuff I say. You are actually a pretty good driver. Anyway, I don't know if I'll even be able to go to the japanese class meeting this weekend because I'm gonna be really busy this weekend.

I think I might be able to make that SSBM tourny Gt, not sure yet though.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
jesus andy, always taking **** too far.

i might have to sit this one out, i'm still a little unsure of my locational skills since the norman trip.

Gravity

Smash Ace
alright. I concur with zinth...and if you all want me to calm down loan me about $800

cough...rasta 800$ mm

also, unrelatedly, i want to go to that gt thing.

you know what, just so you guys dont think im too calm, **** curbs. and all that they entail....

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
**** curbs. and all that they entail....
amen
anyways rite now im watchin this set of vids called
Advanced Hot to Play (SSBM)

its way more informational than anyothrs ive tried to watch
i watchd one that didnt even say WHY u would use certain techniques

Top Bottom