• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
don't be so sure. If you're lookin for a smashfest you've come to the right place. there's supposed to be one tomorrow if you can make it.

speaking of which, i'm wearin a nametag.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Smash Till Dawn at my house this saturday bring ur own food and or money
need cubes and T.Vs. ok 2PM to 7AM or when ever u have to be picked up.

thats fine just come over when ever u can and leave when ever u want to u can even spend the night i dont care

if u dont bring food bring money and i will get u some

this is pay$

Maliceschaos

Smash Cadet
food i think i can bring, only money i have is chnage -.-, i can bring a my cube and i have a 20" t.v., i can stay there 17 hours i hardly have anything to do. Where exactly is your house.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol, why can't you tell him where your house is? :p

Rasta's/Pay$'s address isssssss:

6516 Dulane Circle

Did you all know that "ken" is a word? It means "1. Perception, understanding, knowledge; 2. The range of vision; 3. View, sight."

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
woo im not the newest person anymore
lol
link huh
i used to main him back in the 64 days
then i unlocked luigi
dont worry about ur lack of fighters, thats how i am 2
seein as how no one wants to hav a lil smashfest b4 a smashfest
lvl 9 cpus all the way
anyways im stoked for 2mro

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey, welcome to the oklahoma smash scene, and yeah, its a pretty fast moving thread. but anwyay in case you dont know where that is, its by britton and mcarthur...

and hopefully you can go tomorrow, since all the cool people are going...and, i use link on the side, but im really bad with him.

anyway, we HAVE to get norcals thousandth post. its simple, if we dont, well never be pro. we have to own ALL of cali.

-edit- and i hear level 2 is the best for practcing, but what do i know....

Maliceschaos

Smash Cadet
i will do that now and ty for the info and dont count on me being good with link , for some reason i cant tell the diffrence in l-cancel except for nair and dair, i some what see fair to be faster. also which city -.- it doesnt say under pay$ or rasta

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
i will do that now and ty for the info and dont count on me being good with link , for some reason i cant tell the diffrence in l-cancel except for nair and dair, i some what see fair to be faster. also which city -.- it doesnt say under pay$ or rasta
its in OKC dude
ill ditto u 2 man
u no how 2 wavedash rite?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh, then we will teach you how wavedashing is useful! :chuckle: You should fight me in a Link ditto, even though I don't use Link. You should also fight my Pikachu and Captain Falcon.

Shade_

Smash Ace
hey welcome to the competitive smash play fold, everyone around here is very cool, were lucky for that. Hope to see you soon.

I use link quite alot outside of smashing with the nomal group. If you ever need tips aboutlink I probably have the most experionce around here with him. I never completely droped him as a character to use.

P.s. Wavedashing with link = unnescescary. Wavedashing itself isn't something you need to know how to do either. What youw ant is controll over your character and be able to L cancle well.

Gravity

Smash Ace
hey rasta/pay$ what would happen if i were too show up earlier than 2? like 1?

i would simply ask on aim but i dont feel like it....and others may have this question as well, so just in case. but yeah, 2 confuses me. since its been 1 before and i dont care if pay$ is hosting it 2 is gay?

pay$.

Smash Rookie
For The Love Of God Some One Bring A Ps2

My Bro Lost Mine

And I Just Got This New Game For It So Some One Bring One

Please!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :urg: :urg: :urg: :urg: :(

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
hey rasta/pay$ what would happen if i were too show up earlier than 2? like 1?

i would simply ask on aim but i dont feel like it....and others may have this question as well, so just in case. but yeah, 2 confuses me. since its been 1 before and i dont care if pay$ is hosting it 2 is gay?
u have aim
wuts ur screen name
im Landoh Griffin

My Bro Lost Mine

Please!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :urg: :urg: :urg: :urg: :(
dude that sux
my sister has my ps2 at her apartment
id bring guitar hero if i still had the game i hav the controller tho
and if u had a ps2

also pay$
i challenge your jiggly to my roy on FD (not FoD)
do u accept?

im not cocky cuz ive mastered reverse blazer
(not so much mastered as gotten better, i mean i could prolly pull it off on u once)

AND umm wut was i gonna say
ehh ill either edit this post or post a new one if i remember

Gravity

Smash Ace
uh i WOULD BRING MY PS2

but some BUM CALLED KEVIN STOLE IT AND WONT GIVE IT BACK CUZ HES MEXICAN!!!!

and he STOLE MY JACKET too

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
thats cool just come when u feel like it

this si pay$

p.s

My Bro Lost Mine

Please!

Shade_

Smash Ace
I have no idea who that guy gracity was talking about it, and feel fre to challenge my link anytime zinth. Me and chris should ditto link for the sake of it lol. Anyway it depends on your fighing style on what you do. I prefere not to but tahts just me.
Smash Brothers Melee, Player Bio:

Player: Lee,
Color Used: Blue
Characters Used: Fox, Falco
Ethnicity: Japanese, Hispanic

Description:
The youngest known smasher in OK, and the youngest of the three smashing brothers in a family. Being but only 10 years old, he can’t help but be head strong in his belief that no mind games are the best mind games of all. He is one of the players in constant training by Kai, and has been playing since he was 8. Many look into him with much anticipation when he gets older.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Dart
Color Used: Green
Characters Used: Falco, Fox.

Description
Dart is very well known amongst any who have ever faced him, for the fact that they can expect nothing more but constant running away and reverse short hop laser spam. Though many blame his older brother Kai, for teaching him that the only thing you need to do with Falco is shoot and run. However it is a very effective tactic, unlike most players his goal is not to win, but to make sure he does not loose, he is a very patient player, and if he has a damage lead by even 1 %, and you run away in hopes he will come after you to the wing of Coneria, you will find that he will sit there doing nothing but wait for you the entire 8 minutes of the match, and when you come he will shoot you in the face. Though out side of battle, he is well liked/

Other Special Talents: Incredible Drawer.

Player: Jeff
Color Used: White
Ethnicity:

Description: Jeff is one of those players that players that lokes to play the game but because he does not directly own a system to play it on it is harde to have matches and practice. Astonishingly his Fox isn't half bad, and can keep up with players that practice on a normal basis. His fox is one sided, Fast, ssimple, and precise. His Mind games are average, and so are his techskills, though once he can get a system, smashing will be all the easier for him.

Player: Gravity
Color Used: Orange
Characters Used: Samus, Link.
Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: Many would say that this player is one of the funnest to have around due to his amusing choice of words to say when in a match. He is another player trained specifically by Kai, and because of this he is very well known for doing nothing but Missiles, and Crouch Canceling. He has a sturdy Samus, that loves to crouch cancel everything, this has served him very well except against, Kai’s Zelda, and KOS-MOS’s Peach. While his tech skill isn’t superb, his mind games are quite exceptional. Outside of a match he is always listening to some music, and is always saying, “I just downloaded some music it will be done in one week.” He has a bad habit of doing things for more of a (flashy) sake instead of efficiency, while when he pulls it off it, and it does look good, it could have been better if he choose different moves.

Other Special Talents: Swordsmanship

Player: Zinth
Color Used: Red
Characters Used: Marth, Shiek, Fox, Jigglypuff, Falco

Discription: While not being trained by Kai, he has improved very well for training solely on his own, and with every group smash fest increases his skills a bit further. He is easily identified for using the most, “colorful metaphors” Than any other Oklahoman smasher. His Marth is very aggressive and not only will he usually take a stock should you let your guard down, he will rub it in your face for ever when he does. Easily angered however this player has a while to go, but when he can calm down and take it easy, his skills are nearly doubled. Still despite some of his unusual characteristics this player has the strong will to someday be the best in the state, if he continues to follow this mind state, with some time, it is not an impossible goal.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Shanx
Ethnicity: Caucasion
Description: Shanx's fighting style is in the developing stage, and gets better with every match. The main thing that kept him back even though he joined the smash gang is that he didn't own a game cube, or game for that matter. After he got one, progress in his techniqe and fighting abilites advanced drastically, and his Doc is quite stroong, as he is good with throw comboes. While his Marth has a bit to go, it helped him quite well at MLG, and nothing can be expected from him than contineus proress and fine tuning in his skill.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Rosta Imposta
Color Used: Red
Characters Used: Roy, Ice Climbers, Jiggly Puff.
Ethnicity: Black, Persian

Description: Though at first site, black guy with dreads, he dose not strike you as one that would play smash, however this is very fast growing player, and learns new tricks with good speed. His tech skill leaves a bit to be desired and thus he relies more on his mind games to win him the day. Very intent on improving his Jigglypuff, he is able to pull off impressive rest combos from time to time, when he is finally able to pin down his tech skill, then this player will be a force to be reckoned with.

Other Special Talents: Awesome Drummer!

Player: Po Pimpus
Color Used: Pink
Ethnicity: Black

Description: The pimpist Luigi player in the Country. The first tournament, he was barely a mediocre player, now his Luigi, and Samus can be accurately said to be 4 times as good, as he will give even high level players a tough match. His mind games are only sub par as he is a bit impatient when it comes to letting them make an opening and get the first move out, and then capitalizing on that opening, his tech skills are pretty good, as he rarely ever messes up a wave dash or makes simple finger mistakes.

Other Special Talens: (Heard from Pablo) Great Drawer.

Player: Fresh
Characters: Yung Link, Dr. Mario, Jiggly Puff.

Description: Mark continues to show great improvement every smash fest, the only problem is that he is unable to attend them most of the time. His Dr. Mario is strong and crouch canceling is his strong point, as most of his kills are with a quick mix of A and then Down Smash. He does less well when faced against someone that is skilled at keeping him away with projectiles, but once he gets into range it is hard getting away. When he can learn to properly chain throw and time his grabs properly, taking a live away from him will be all the more difficult.

Player: Pay Money
Characters Used: Falco, Samus
Ethnicity: Black. Persian

Description: The younger brother of Roster has the only honor of being 4 stocked by Sephiroth Ken. While his Falco is very odd, as it does not short hop laser as much as it should, it is a bit smash happy. However this player is able to keep up with the other players. At first site in battle his characters seem to be a bit lack luster and simple, as he much rather prefers to come in for close combat over ranged combat, however his unusual tactics have served him well so far, as he is willing to kill himself if it means that a life will be taken away from his opponent as well.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Vegafuse
Color Used: Every Color
Characters Used: Gannondworf, Captain falcon, Shiek, Marth, anyone ,including any low teers.
Ethnicity: Mexican, (I think)

Description: While his ability to use any character very well, is an immediate bonus in terms of being able to counter pick efficiently. His, Shiek can pick apart most Marths with ease, and His Gannon has grown enormously ever since the last tournament. He excels very well when it comes to wake up games, and timing attacks. He has dominant tech skills. The only thing keeping him from beating some players is that his style of play can be described as very straight forward, when he comes at you he means it, and doesn’t fake out much. In the future he will definitely be one of the most dangerous players around.

Other Special Talents: Awsome Drawer.

Player: Reno
Characters Used: Captain Falcon, Shiek, Yoshi.
Ethnicity: Caucasian, Mexican

Description: The one that pretty much ran the OHSNAP tournament, An intense Captain Falcon, whose is kind of even in terms of mind games and tech skill. His timing and efficiency with the knee is impressive. He has a few problems with falling for the same trick over and over and takes a bit to adjust when fighting two completely different opponents back to back, Though he can quickly even up the odds when he gets a chance to catch on. His Yoshi I just beginning but he seems to use him for fun rather than try get it to serious performance. All in all a good rounded player.

Other Special Talents: One of a kind Actor.

Player: Scud
Color Used: White Blue
Characters Used: Falco, Captain Falcon.

Description: Intent on becoming a better player, he is serious at times, but also knows when its good to just have a good time and take it easy. Whenever the chance to increase his skills more at a smash fest or tournament comes, he is quick to capitalize on it and get as much experience as possible. His techs skills are quite exceptional and his mind games are impressive, he is a bit impatient, though once he can get that down, his Falco will be much more efficient and so will his Captain Falcon. He has a habit of always faking out an attack before he really does, it works well when someone first fights him, but after a while it gets expected. He takes a bit more time to increase his skill in fighting than most other players, however when ever his skills go up they never get lower, so he has a very solid fighting ability, later in time will pose am immediate threat to out of state competition.
Other Special Talents: Exceptional Guitarist, Great Violin Player, Can Play the Drums, and Can Spin Pencils Better Than The Average Pencil Spinner Can.

Player: Keroku The Thunder Wolf
Characters Used: Marth, Fox
Ethnicity: Native American

Description: One of the newer members of the OK smash crew, This player has a lot to learn, though after fighting Lee at the tournament, began to pin point some of his problems. This player may be new and inexperienced but, it seems that he has a lot of potential, and if he can get even a little more experience then, may then prove to be quite the player.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Aksuna No Sasori
Characters Used: Ice Climbers, Shiek

Description: Another new member to the OK smash crew. Though seems to be quickly getting used to the group, this player has a bit of work before he can begin to compete with the higher level players. At the tournament he didn’t perform too amazingly, though now he is trying to get better and shows a promising determination.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Ryne

Description: Only recently began to get into competitive smash, he practices against his friend Scud to better his skill. Showing an interest to be able to compete with the high level players, he has alright mind games, and his tech skill is average. If he has an opening however, he can do quite a bit of damage, though his only problems is creating an opening. Once he can do that, it will be a smooth ride from there on.

Other Special Talents:

Player: King Eagle
Color Used: Orange
Ethnicity:

Description: Very new in terms of finding out about advanced tactics and moves, the only thing keeping this player from advancing would be that he isn’t able to attend most of the events. Strikes you as being smart, he is generally quite and doesn’t usually say a whole lot, one time I asked him what L canceling is and he gave me a word for word definition, “The process of reducing the amount of lag up touching the ground, after performing an ariel maneuver.” Hopefully when they finally get the OK to go and participate with the rest of the group, things will be much better, and he will increase skill to the appropriate level. Until then, we await when he will be able to actively join the group.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Yoshimiester
Ethnicity:

Description: Sister of King Eagle, and the first female smasher that shows interest in playing smash for fun. *Applauds, and lots of “yays!!”. She seems to have a cheerful and optimistic attitude and is fun to talk to. She is new to the smash brothers fold, and like her brother new to advanced techniques. Though like said before when she is finally able to compete and play with the more advanced players, her skill should grow immensely and hopefully will be able to compete out of state with the rest of the group.

Other Special Talents:

Player: Heathq
Color Used: All Colors
Characters Used: Shiek, Falco, Captain Falcon

Description: At OHSNAP1 he met with alot of new players, and many of which were alot better than he had expected. The idea that he was falling behind hitting him, he started to practice more and more, and now attends smash fests very often. His fighting style revolves more around timing and accuracy than techskill and being flashy. But while this has shown some draw backs, it has also served him quite well in ceartan occasioans, and will seem to make large jumps of skill level from time to time.

Player: Jew
Colors Used: All Colors
Characters Used: Sheik, Marth, Falco, Captain Falcon

Description: Like Heathq, derrick fully understood that simply playing and hoping to come out on top won't cut it any more. He practices with Heathq often, and as a result of that, they seem to mimic each others fighting style and mind games. Like Heathq he dosn't rely on his techskill but rather outsmarting his opponent. once he has his opponents in a combo, they won't get out anytime soon, and if they do it will be off the stage.

Player: KOS-MOS
Colors Used: All Colors
Characters Used: Peach, Fox, Marth, Falco, Link, Zelda.

Description: Cool to hang around outside of battle, this player can easily be stated as Kai’s rival, and has a fighting style that can be called, “In your Face” Though any of Kai’s characters can beat any of his, except for his peach, KOS-MOS’s Peach can beat any of Kai’s Characters except for his Shiek, because of this, the playing field is usually even and their matches are fun to watch. KOS-MOS’s Peach can usually destroy any Fox or Falco, though has a bit more trouble when fighting characters that have range such as Link or Samus. His tech skill out weighs his mind games, though both of them are easily above average. Though a bit cocky at times, this player easily posses the skill to back up his confidence. Much is expected of this player in the future.

Other Special Talents:

Player: King gt
Colors Used: Green
Characters Used: Roy
Ethnicity: Caucasion

Description: Having Recently descovered the smash world forums. He is bit shaky in terms of putting the right attacks to the right situation. And his mindgames are ulike most anyother. While since they are in the very beggining of the developing stage, he shows no reasons to hold him back on the read to becoming a hard hitting smasher. Once he can get his mood and fighting style set in. He'll make progress fast and be able to punish anyone who uses a pattern fighting technique.

Player: Super Smash Brothers Master
Colors Used:
Ethnicity:

Description: Not one to post on the forums often. SSBM Master is a player of few words. And is suttle at times. He met with Lee at OHSNAP1 and seemed to get alot better in terms of learning the skill level of other players around. From that point on he has shown a strong determination to do nothing less than to beter his skills at Super Smash Brothers Melee, and if he keeps it up, will be rewarded soon enough.

Player: Kai/Kuni/Shade/Silver Fox/ Ace/ Diamond Skimmer/Zero/Kaito/ Cheep(according to Gravity and KOS-MOS)
Characters Used: Falco, Shiek, Zelda, Marth, Peach, Samus, Fox, Link, Roy, Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Dr.Mario, Mewtwo, Captain Falcon.

Description: A very well respected player amongst the Oklahoma smashers with his widely known phrase “Lets try that again,” in which the out come of the second match is much different than the first, though in tournaments he can’t really do that since the same stages aren’t allowed the same stage two times in a row. He despises all people who ban Final Destination, (His favorite Stage). Most people find it easy to get along with him, and his favorite thing to do is meet and help new people and friends, and to have a good time. This Players Mind games, techniques, and timing, are what get him where he needs to be, his tech skills aren’t too bad either, though there is the occasional mishaps. He is a patient player, and likes nothing more than to shoot people with range forever. He has taught many players of which are now good competitive players including Dart, Lee, Gravity and some more. He doesn’t charge for teaching people though, which is something most take a liking to. In team Battles his utmost priority is team mates safety, so those team battles are usually pretty interesting. Though being one of the leading players in OK, he does feel pressured sometimes when fighting out of staters. His skills are still in the process of getting better but he has confidence that he will be able to someday eventually give pro players some tough fights.

Other Special Talents: Swordsmanship, Can press a button on a video game controller 13 times a second.

Top Bottom