• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay, time to put this back up now, NEW CHACO ANNOUNCEMENT 8/1?/09

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
TOURNAMENTS CURRENTLY IN PROCESS

Look at the main page, good sir.​

Alright guys, this thread is dedicated to improving the overall online experience. Suggestions, advice, anything online relevant can be discussed here.

This will also serve as a center to decide what tournaments will be receiving stickies, to help boost signups and limit drop outs.

This first week, I'm just picking three threads. IMPORTANT UPDATE! Instead of giving new stickies on a weekly basis, I'm going to switch them as the current tournaments end. This ensures that the tournaments enjoy all the benefits of being stickied.

Things I take into evaluation:

1. Director reputation. Plain and simple, if you've shown you can successfully run a tournament online you're more likely to get a sticky awarded.

2. Tournament size. Larger tournaments need more help than smaller ones. I'll make my decision according to such.

3. Creativity. This is a tricky topic, mostly because it's so subjective. I'll try to get a good blend of innovation while staying true to the competitive nature of this site. I'm also a fan of creative names;) (not required, but I definitely favor them over "Online Tournament #4!")

4. Presentation. It's really not terribly hard to make a nice looking OP. Keep it organized, throw in some color, check for grammatical errors, the whole deal. If all else fails, ask around. There are several directors here who are more than capable of helping with the design.

I may have forgotten some subjects, but these are the big ones. I'll change this as is required.

GO GO GO!

CHACO SAYS:

Alright, so I'm going to talk to JV soon about OTL. I'm going to try and get some things done around here to help out.

But I have something I need to ask:

Will someone take over the archive for me? I'm far to busy, and would like it to be used!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We are going to see how this system works out then moderator status may be awarded at some point, but I gotta talk with some people. Lets just say that if this system works out for a few months that modship is like (this is no gaurantee though).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll trade you your dictator powers for a sandwich I found in the back of the glove box in my car. :laugh: Still, nice criteria and hopefully things will be more organized. (Especially when most people who make tournaments now copy off my style. :X)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
We are going to see how this system works out then moderator status may be awarded at some point, but I gotta talk with some people. Lets just say that if this system works out for a few months that modship is like (this is no gaurantee though).
Cool beans. I'll get it done.

@FMOI: What kind of sandwich? That makes a big difference, you know.

And yeah, a lot of people do copy off of your style. And I love your style, so its probably a good move on their part. Funny and organized = Successful tournament.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah you do have a good style for your online tourneys FM. Only reason why I haven't made a tourney yet is because everyone else began making them and I don't want to be that guy that "made a tourney cause everyone else did". I'll just wait a bit and hope some of these tourneys disappear, but I doubt that will happen :ohwell:

EDIT: Glyph for mod!!!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
heres a title: Why i stickied there tournament over yours:chuckle:

but good idea, giving like a criteria for tournament stickies

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Hey, I already came up with my own style FM. >;[

As much color and pictures as possible

Halaster

Smash Ace
Can there be a stickied thread where people will post advertisements for their tournaments? Like a little blurb on what it is about and a link to it? It would be better than what I just did in FMOI's thread. This way people who are new, or those looking for something different have a general idea of what tourneys are going on. And perhaps clear it out once every month or so? It also allows new tourney directors a tad more publicity while not taking up the space of the ones who have made a name for themselves.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I could put something in the OP.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
So many tourneys, looks like I won't be making one anytime soon :( Though it is nice to see the online tourney scene here at Smash boards growing. I've been primarily here in the online tourney section ever since I joined :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This thread is just what we needed.

Barge

Guys, join my tournament, I'm not getting much entrants this time around.

Barge

Honestly, I don't think the triforce tournament is going to make anymore progress

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Alright, I'll remove them as soon as I get the chance to.

Also, there's a change regarding the stickies in the OP.

cba

Smash Master
Glyph;5743396 [URL="http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202319" said:
cba's O.O.T.[/URL]. 24/32 slots taken. Presented by cba. Held on November 8th and 9th.
omg...glyph, thanks for putting me p there^.^, i thought you disliked me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Not at all cba.

I've had you up there since I added that section.

cba

Smash Master
Not at all cba.

I've had you up there since I added that section.
thanxx!!!!
anyway......ive never brawled you 1 v 1, ultra gay, i mean we have each other FCs....
i look forward to face the rob that made my bro dislike rob in the first place.lol

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Updated the OP.

I've also decided that if you want to say a few words about your tournament, why its unique, ect, then I'll include that under the listing of your tournament.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Anyone who has one up there.

That was poorly phrased, sorry.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Hmm can we host online tourneys on different games besides brawl?
Just wondering. (I know these forums are for smashboards and all... it would be interesting though.)

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Hmm can we host online tourneys on different games besides brawl?
Just wondering. (I know these forums are for smashboards and all... it would be interesting though.)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
That post looks strangely familiar...

Just PM AlphaZealot. Its up to him.:laugh:

cba

Smash Master
That post looks strangely familiar...

Just PM AlphaZealot. Its up to him.:laugh:
Glyph, i think we should create a social group, the Online Tournament Director Back Room. there, the directors can post their next idea, and discuss various things, and ask the other Directors with for some ideas, ect.
what do you think.?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Doesn't Glyph have a Social group already that can be considered the same thing or be used for it?

Top Bottom