• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
How was I doing?
You're showing improvement. I do like how you're starting to get a little more patient with Marth and are doing more out of shield stuff.

One thing I hounded you about in the past and remains a problem is that you still rely WAY too much on his Counter ability, especially when you're landing from the air. I promise you... 100%... the risk is NOT worth the benefit. You've ended up buying it more than once when I baited a counter and grabbed or charged-smashed you, all for the chance to land about 10% damage on me with no viable setups. For the time being, I would drop Counter completely from your game. It's dead weight and is costing you big time.

With Wolf, you really had my sympathies. That recovery of his needs to die sometimes. The main thing I would say is that you should anticipate how I'm going to intercept you (if I am) and plan your recovery around that. I know he's a fast faller, but try to take your time and don't panic on your way down.

You're definitely showing improvement, and your willingness to learn is a testament to that. Stick with it! :bee:

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm down for a few more, Alphican. I'm waiting to talk to someone, so it'd be a good way to kill time. :)

Omis

my friends were skinny
You're showing improvement. I do like how you're starting to get a little more patient with Marth and are doing more out of shield stuff.

One thing I hounded you about in the past and remains a problem is that you still rely WAY too much on his Counter ability, especially when you're landing from the air. I promise you... 100%... the risk is NOT worth the benefit. You've ended up buying it more than once when I baited a counter and grabbed or charged-smashed you, all for the chance to land about 10% damage on me with no viable setups. For the time being, I would drop Counter completely from your game. It's dead weight and is costing you big time.

With Wolf, you really had my sympathies. That recovery of his needs to die sometimes. The main thing I would say is that you should anticipate how I'm going to intercept you (if I am) and plan your recovery around that. I know he's a fast faller, but try to take your time and don't panic on your way down.

You're definitely showing improvement, and your willingness to learn is a testament to that. Stick with it! :bee:
I've been trying to drop counter, but the people in my area fall for it so easily. Another problem is that he has little options when coming from that position.

Wolf's recovery sucks big time. You cant move for like three seconds after his up b.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Marth has more options than you might think in those situations. Some of them are just a lot more defensive than others. :)

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Good games. I think it's time for me to find something else to do now, lol.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Counter as your primary option? You can always drift to the ledge, and if that's to far just air dodge, and if that's getting too preditctable you can do an attack (side b works nicely).

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Im not on either side,
but it depends on WHAT your hacking.
For example, hacking a computer/other people for money value or murderous intentions is bad.

I guess hacking your wii to improve games isn't THAT bad. You just have to be aware of the consequences it might take on your wii.

Hacking MMO's is debatable.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Im not on either side,
but it depends on WHAT your hacking.
For example, hacking a computer/other people for money value or murderous intentions is bad.

I guess hacking your wii to improve games isn't THAT bad. You just have to be aware of the consequences it might take on your wii.

Hacking MMO's is debatable.
My stance is that if it does not take a malicious form ie stealing, viruses, auto-wins, etc. there is nothing wrong with it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
cba, you're dangerously close to getting some infractions. You need to tone it down a little.

soro

Smash Journeyman
oh dear not again...sigh oh well. tomorrow i will have my rounds against my opponent but i'm gonna have to do warm up matches though

Cloudfox

Smash Ace
And if you DO get to kick your parents off of it - would all 3 of you be up for teams? :X

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Whatever works. I really want to improve this year and finally win a big tournament. I've only placed below 8th in one tournament so far but I want to go all the way for once.

Add in:

Yeah, when I go on, it says that no one else is online and I know that's definately not the case. Is this just another case of the Wifi acting up again?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Whatever works. I really want to improve this year and finally win a big tournament. I've only placed below 8th in one tournament so far but I want to go all the way for once.

Add in:

Yeah, when I go on, it says that no one else is online and I know that's definately not the case. Is this just another case of the Wifi acting up again?
Try reconnecting. that happens to me sometimes too.

Actually, it IS happening to me now -.-

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I think Wifi is messing up again, I can't go online for Animal Crossing anymore. I was about to visit Barges town D=

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatmanonice, whats your plan if Wifi is down tomorrow? (odds are it will happen)
Suicide... but in all seriousness, I'm going to extend the schedule to next Thursday and draw out a plan from there. I asked off work tomorrow in order to run this tournament so I'll have all day to plan things out if Wifi suddenly goes to crap again.

Add in:

Freakin' Christmas gnomes... I wonder when they'll get bored of their gifts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom