• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay Chaco *sob* you can close and lock it now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I'm always open to brawl. Besides, I gotta start posting more and adding more people to my friend roster. Samusbrawler, cba, Sir Orion, or anyone else that is in the mood for some matches, just message and I'll be eager to fight. <(^_^<)
Want to brawl now? :D You still got about 2 hours till Orion gets back, I can play you in the meantime. :p

Excellence

Smash Champion
♥Mr. Excellence must be a Fire breathing, glass wielding Werewolf Vampire! And tonight, he's at his peak! ;)

Peachy, I like you. Your personality really lightens my mood which is always good. How old are you like five? Because anyone with a realistic outlook on things would have to be **** near insane to remain as cheery as you. If not, please mail me whatever your taking.

It's days like this where I absolutely hate where I can't play video games during the week. I need to test out some of the Snake counters so I can decide which one I want to use in "Hit Me With Your Best Smash." So far, the ones I'm most considering are Donkey Kong, Lucario, and Fox. There's always Wolf, Wario, and Olimar to consider too...
Lucario is not a Snake counter, nor is Wolf, or Olimar (only the best Snakes will be able to exploit the inescapeable weakness and I bet they won't know it's wrecking you as bad as it seems). If you're looking for a Snake counter, I'd say the best choices are: King Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Fox. In that order.

I try to imagine Peachy in real life, and every single time, I just see PRincess Peach, smiling in front of a computer screen. typing stuff and giggling.

She's THAT Cheery.
I just did this and guess how I imagined her? You remember the Burger King commerical with the scary *** looking king? Imagine someone like that dressed as Peach. Now picture that person staring at a computer screen with a huge smile. Doesn't that frighten you?

Oh god exellence, you find any opportunity to "Snap" at people. and no one tries to kill exellence, im the mastermind of his thoughts. He actually consults me before posting. and yes i will kill you if you **** w/ him.
When did I snap? Or are you refering to the beating I just served you!? And! So the record stands clear, I'd like to reiterate that my Olimar is THAT good. Also take into consideration that my C-Stick is ****ed over ten fold. One of our last two matches, I did my Nair into a Smash. If you noticed, a Smash didn't KO you into oblivion. It's because my control stick refused to do a Smash. I also had to cut down on my FSmash and take tons of slaps to the face.

Your Zero Suit Samus is good though, or maybe I just suck at playing her. Either way, you were toughest with her.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Peachy, I like you. Your personality really lightens my mood which is always good. How old are you like five? Because anyone with a realistic outlook on things would have to be **** near insane to remain as cheery as you. If not, please mail me whatever your taking.
I think that might be the single most backhanded compliment I've seen witnessed. :laugh:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
You remember the Burger King commerical with the scary *** looking king? Imagine someone like that dressed as Peach. Now picture that person staring at a computer screen with a huge smile. Doesn't that frighten you?
I pissed myself

sigged for great justice

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I just did this and guess how I imagined her? You remember the Burger King commerical with the scary *** looking king? Imagine someone like that dressed as Peach. Now picture that person staring at a computer screen with a huge smile. Doesn't that frighten you?
I think this might be the funniest thing I've heard anyone say here on Smash boards. Congratulations! :laugh:

EDIT: Barge get out of my head!

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I'm planning on making creating an online tourney soon. When do you thunk the best date would be to have it. I'm thinking December 13-14, but thats so close to Christmas holidays. I would do it November 29-30 but thats my brothers birthday weekend and I might be doing something then. And any other weekend already has a big tourney taking place. Any suggestions? Please :)

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Let me just state for the record that Bunnyma's Snake really is that darned good. Great games, man.

cba

Smash Master

Your Zero Suit Samus is good though, or maybe I just suck at playing her. Either way, you were toughest with her.
LMAOOOOO. exellence, that peachy thing was hilarious. to me it seams you snap at times.
Thx for the ZSS compliment. although you DID nearly destroy us. Your olimar is too good, idk if its your Olimar, or its just you. and i was LOL when you threw away ZSS' Suit and a little mad at the same time.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Lol, I have the BK king as my icon for wifi.

Now its even funnier.

Excellence

Smash Champion
LMAOOOOO. exellence, that peachy thing was hilarious. to me it seams you snap at times.
Thx for the ZSS compliment. although you DID nearly destroy us. Your olimar is too good, idk if its your Olimar, or its just you. and i was LOL when you threw away ZSS' Suit and a little mad at the same time.
Big mc' thankies from McSpanky's.

I'm here to make people smile, it's what I was born to do. :evil:

No problem, your Zero Suit seems pretty solid, it's just too bad she sucks at getting KOs. I'm able to read her pretty accurately and keep myself from getting destroyed. Next time, I'll play with Mr. Game & Watch, but I've yet to figure out how to deal with spam using Mr. Game and Watch, so I'll have my hands full the first few matches. Trust me, it ain't Olimar, it's me. :evil:

You don't understand how annoying I find Zero Suit, that's why I didn't use Mr. Game & Watch, those pieces of armor drive me up the wall and GaW's dashatk fails to pick them up 50% of the time. I find it's more a benifit to just toss them off as the match starts. That way neither of us can have them. :evil:

ADD IN: Bunnyma, WE MUST BRAWL!!!!!!! I really need Snake practice and I need to figure out a solution to the single problem I have with Snake. :evil:

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I really wish ZSS didn't start off with the armor pieces. I really don't like playing as her for that reason.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I really wish ZSS didn't start off with the armor pieces. I really don't like playing as her for that reason.
I play a pretty decent Zero Suit Samus, or at least I did a few months back and her armor always ****ed me over. I think it's because the people I were playing were way out of my league back then, but still. They're so dangerous. Sort of like Diddy's Bananas. If someone knows how to time their Nairs, you're in deep ****.

Barge so do some friendlies with me. >_>

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lucario is not a Snake counter, nor is Wolf, or Olimar (only the best Snakes will be able to exploit the inescapeable weakness and I bet they won't know it's wrecking you as bad as it seems). If you're looking for a Snake counter, I'd say the best choices are: King Dedede, Donkey Kong, and Fox. In that order.
The first three I mentioned are considered counters while the last three I mentioned are about even.

Add in: Lucario's about even too; Donkey Kong and Fox are the only two I mentioned that are considered counters. Wolf, Wario, Olimar, and Lucario are about even or close to it.

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
:)

After many battles with my good buddies on smashboards, I must say from personal experience that King Dedede is one of the top Snake counters. I seem to have trouble whenever I verse a DDD (heh, DDD is a duck). Ducks and bunnies should get along better.:laugh:

bunnyma

Smash Journeyman
Excellence

I should be online sometime later today. If you are in the mood later, perhaps we could have some matches. I'll PM you whenever I'm ready. :)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
After many battles with my good buddies on smashboards, I must say from personal experience that King Dedede is one of the top Snake counters. I seem to have trouble whenever I verse a DDD (heh, DDD is a duck). Ducks and bunnies should get along better.:laugh:
King DDD is an eagle, not a duck or a penguin as most people think.

Excellence

Smash Champion
The first three I mentioned are considered counters while the last three I mentioned are about even.

Add in: Lucario's about even too; Donkey Kong and Fox are the only two I mentioned that are considered counters. Wolf, Wario, Olimar, and Lucario are about even or close to it.
Lucario has no verticle DI and he dies earliest from verticle KOs. Because he needs to be able to survive before he can make use of aura, and we all know Snake's UpTilt KOs so early, he can hardly be considered a counter or even. Just look at what Ally did to Azen. It wasn't too pretty.

I should be online sometime later today. If you are in the mood later, perhaps we could have some matches. I'll PM you whenever I'm ready. :)
Sure, leave me a PM.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I guess my earlier post was invisible? or everyone here is a pro at ignoring others :ohwell: Whatever, no need for advice.

Anyways, I can brawl today! Anyone up for some matches? I'll be me and my brother btw because I'm at his house using his wifi. We'll either alternate doing 1v1 or we'll just do a ffa

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Excellence we still haven't played yet and I really need some practice. Like I said it will be me and my brother

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Lucario has no verticle DI and he dies earliest from verticle KOs. Because he needs to be able to survive before he can make use of aura, and we all know Snake's UpTilt KOs so early, he can hardly be considered a counter or even. Just look at what Ally did to Azen. It wasn't too pretty.
There's a lot more to the match up then that:

1. When done right, Lucario has a 0-40% chain grab on Snake using the force palm.

2. The aura spheres stop grenades, greatly deter the path of nikitias, and "dip" low enough to blow up mines.

3. Lucario's Aura Sphere is one of the few attacks that can directly destroy the cypher if aim right like Wario's chomp and Mario's fair.

4. Utilt easily juggles Snake.

5. Dair can cancel out mortars if timed right.

6. One of Snake's biggest weaknesses is dealing with projectile spam and Lucario's are second in this match up probably only to Falco's lazer and Pit's arrows. (side note: I believe the Pit/Snake match up is about 60-40 in Snake's favor. The arrows are one of the few things that keep this match up from being an absolute suck-fest.)

7. Fsmash is probably one of the safest smash attacks in the game if spaced right and one of the few that can be reasonably spammed. It outranges Snake's ftilt and can easily stop mortar slides.

8. Snake's high damaging attacks make Lucario more formidiable faster and make previously mentioned attacks more effective.

9. Snake's slow aerial velocity make it easier for him to get stuck in strings of fairs. Dthrow into fairs work especially well against Snake.

10. Most of Lucario's attacks have disjointed hit boxes which allow him to space himself better than most characters against Snake.

This is a match up basically based on paitence. Lucario doesn't have many options upclose(especially with dsmash and usmash being garbage) so he mainly suffers if Snake gets in his face and is very aggresive (Ally is exactly this). Granted, Lucario can do jabs/force palm/utilt/grabs upclose but he suffers if he sticks around for too long like Wario against King Dedede and Olimar against Metaknight. If the Snake is campy and defensive, then the match up is in Lucario's favor because he can deal with it better than most characters. In the end, Lucario vs Snake is about even based on each player basically having an advantage if Snake is aggressive or if Lucario is defensive so it pretty much evens out.

Add in:

Come to think of it, the King Dedede vs Snake match up is a lot like this too except Snake wins out if he's really defensive and King Dedede wins out if he's really aggresive.

Shogun_Fox

Smash Ace
Someone play him/her (sorry, I don't know but I think you're a girl?). He/she has a really good Snake that might be on par with Aryman's.

@ Shogun_Fox:

My avatar is the main characters of the Studio Ghibli classic "My Neighbor Totoro" drawn in the style of Matt Groening, the creator of Simpsons, Futurama, and the severelly underrated comic series "Life is Hell."

@ Shadowfirex100:

I already sent them out for Hit Me With Your Best Smash. Reminders for "Into the Unknown" will probably be sent out Monday.

I have the strangest feeling that i've seen my neighbor totoro before....i guess i'll just have to find it on the net and watch it again lol.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Excellence we still haven't played yet and I really need some practice. Like I said it will be me and my brother
Now... ?

I guess my earlier post was invisible? or everyone here is a pro at ignoring others :ohwell: Whatever, no need for advice.

Anyways, I can brawl today! Anyone up for some matches? I'll be me and my brother btw because I'm at his house using his wifi. We'll either alternate doing 1v1 or we'll just do a ffa

I can play with you if you'd like. ANd to be honest, your DarkOrange font is very easily ignored and overlooked. I don't pay attention to colors of that hue and the like.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sure here's his FC: 2835-9824-0387

And really, you'd think a different color would stand out more, but I kinda see what you mean. But I like it

I guess we'll host, see you there

Excellence

Smash Champion
There's a lot more to the match up then that:

1. When done right, Lucario has a 0-40% chain grab on Snake using the force palm.

2. The aura spheres stop grenades, greatly deter the path of nikitias, and "dip" low enough to blow up mines.

3. Lucario's Aura Sphere is one of the few attacks that can directly destroy the cypher if aim right like Wario's chomp and Mario's fair.

4. Utilt easily juggles Snake.

5. Dair can cancel out mortars if timed right.

6. One of Snake's biggest weaknesses is dealing with projectile spam and Lucario's are second in this match up probably only to Falco's lazer and Pit's arrows. (side note: I believe the Pit/Snake match up is about 60-40 in Snake's favor. The arrows are one of the few things that keep this match up from being an absolute suck-fest.)

7. Fsmash is probably one of the safest smash attacks in the game if spaced right and one of the few that can be reasonably spammed. It outranges Snake's ftilt and can easily stop mortar slides.

8. Snake's high damaging attacks make Lucario more formidiable faster and make previously mentioned attacks more effective.

9. Snake's slow aerial velocity make it easier for him to get stuck in strings of fairs. Dthrow into fairs work especially well against Snake.

10. Most of Lucario's attacks have disjointed hit boxes which allow him to space himself better than most characters against Snake.

This is a match up basically based on paitence. Lucario doesn't have many options upclose(especially with dsmash and usmash being garbage) so he mainly suffers if Snake gets in his face and is very aggresive (Ally is exactly this). Granted, Lucario can do jabs/force palm/utilt/grabs upclose but he suffers if he sticks around for too long like Wario against King Dedede and Olimar against Metaknight. If the Snake is campy and defensive, then the match up is in Lucario's favor because he can deal with it better than most characters. In the end, Lucario vs Snake is about even based on each player basically having an advantage if Snake is aggressive or if Lucario is defensive so it pretty much evens out.

Add in:

Come to think of it, the King Dedede vs Snake match up is a lot like this too except Snake wins out if he's really defensive and King Dedede wins out if he's really aggresive.
None of Lucario's options should really make a difference. Snake has a much easier time getting to Lucario than Lucario has keeping Snake away. Reguardless of Aura Sphere and Aura, itself, Snake has a much greater stage control. With Lucario getting KO'd as early as he does it's really unlikely that he'll even be able to make use of Aura and his fantastic range. Without the boost coming from Aura, Snake can easily hit Lucario with FTilts where he really shouldn't be able to.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I've got to agree with Sexellence on this one. A good Snake really can't be held at bay with Lucario (for very long, at least)

cba

Smash Master
i think the snake vs lucario matchup is 55-45 snakes favor, or 60-40.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
GG's Excellence. It was fun. I thimk my brother did better than me against you though :laugh:
Now I've finally felt the wrath of Excellence
Though I wasn't able to do what I wanted at times due to lag, but it was the same thing for you so you just did much better

And my Zelda's better than that, its just I can't fight Olimar with Zelda, and when that game started I was like "Oh no I'm gonna get destroyed" and sure enough...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Just for the record I hate fighting Lucarios. Specially the ones that seem to spam aura sphere constantly. (I'm looking at you, FMOI and LotM)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom