• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash 2

TP

Smash Master
Hey guys, we're back. Looks like this will probably be a monthly thing. Last time we had a solid 25 people, and everyone there had a good time. Those who were there saw that the venue was legit and that things ran well. Therefore, I expect even more people this time around. Let's make it happen!

Venue:
Ogre's Games
4501 S. Kingshighway
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 353-6473

Costs:
Venue - $5
Singles - $10
Doubles - $5 per person

Tentative Schedule (all estimates):
11 AM - Doors open / registration begins
12:30 PM - Singles pools (no elimination, just for seeding)
3:00 PM - Food break
3:30 PM - Doubles
6:30 PM - Singles bracket

Prizes:
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 15%

If we get at least 32 entrants:
1st - 50%
2nd - 23%
3rd - 14%
4th - 7%
5th - 3%
5th - 3%

Other events may happen based on interest and time, such as Random Singles, Random Doubles, Draft Crews, and Low Tier Singles/Doubles.

Housing:
If you want housing, ask for it in this thread and it will be provided. Please ask nice and early.

Rules:
* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* Sets best of 3 games.
* Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals will be played best of 5.
* In the event of a dispute, use G&W Hammers for the choice of controller port.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the G&W Hammers will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Hammer winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own.
* Colorblind Rule: If a player is colorblind, they may choose their teams color. Teams with Lucario, Sonic and Pokemon Trainer must use Blue Team.
* Metaknight's Infinite/Extended Cape glitch is banned.
* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If you are caught pausing in a game, you will lose the stock you are on. If you pause, you lose a stock.
* If the game ends as a result of a player using a suicide move that kills both players on their last stock, the initiator of the suicide move will be the winner, regardless of the results screen.
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
* LEDGE GRAB LIMIT: 35. If you grab the ledge 36 or more times and the game goes to time, the other player wins.
* DOUBLES: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.

Set format of striking (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
3. The winner of the previous match announces one stage to be banned from being chosen in the next step.
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 3-7 for all proceeding matches. In a best of 5 set, both players still only get one ban.

Stages

Starter:

Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpick:

Castle Siege
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

If there are problems at the venue, don't hesitate to call for me immediately.

If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me. My name is Zach Levinson, my email is zmlevinson@go.wustl.edu, and my number is (314) 814-9710.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Changes in the rules from the last tournament:

9 minute time limit reduced to 8 for simplicity.
LGL increased to 35 from 30 for the sake of being closer to the standard.
Mario unbanned
*fixed*

Time to ohko some *****es >=D

Papes

Smash Cadet
Hi, I've got a group of at least six people willing to go to this, but I've got a question. Two of them for sure won't be able to make it for the seeding matches. Would it be possible for us to sign them up and they take the bottom seeds?

Also, I'm going to talk to my local game shop to get some more recruiting for this. We had a tournament like this with a pretty decent turn out (32 I think), so hopefully I can bring some of those guys over from there. We're right across the river, so hopefully it's realistic to get at least a group of ten for this tournament!

But if you could, is it possible for those two guys to miss out on seeding as long as they sign up and pay at the appropriate time?

TP

Smash Master
^ Dealt with in PMs.

Two weeks or so away! Time for Hype!

Will Hylian step up from his disappointing 3rd place finish last time? Will Nicole not get trashed and actually enter singles? Will Legan find out about this tournament before the day beforehand this time? Will TP continue his lifelong winning streak against Tmacc even though Tmacc is clearly the better player? Will Will will himself to a good placing? Show up and find out!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How bad would it be if some Melee players came and found ourselves a little space to get some Melee in?
I mean I can't really answer for the TO but it didn't look like there was tooo much free space lol you would probably be more comfortable at just a smashfest somewhere.

TP

Smash Master
Agreed. Plus I would feel awkward looking at setups that aren't being used to help the tournament. I certainly have no problem with someone popping Melee in once the tournament starts winding down and setups open, but I'd rather not have it before then. So if you aren't planning on entering the tournament, I'd recommend you don't bother to come.

Papes

Smash Cadet
As of right now, I think there'll be 9 people from my area going. I'm sure I can get a few more to go, too. This'll be our first real tournament, so we're all pretty excited.

Also Hylian, I think my bud played you last night.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The snake player? Haha yeah.

I'm horrible with names so I forgot his name :(. I think it was Jacob but I'm probably completely wrong.

Papes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, Jacob's his name. He's actually at my house playing Brawl. We're doing our best to have a good showing for Ogre Smash.

Cook

Smash Master
^If you guys are getting 30 people for your tournaments you should let us know the next time you have one!

Papes

Smash Cadet
^If you guys are getting 30 people for your tournaments you should let us know the next time you have one!
We're having one May 14th, but I don't think this one will have nearly the turn out. It's only five dollar buy ins and it's not being advertised too well. He's aiming to have a big one in June though, so I'll definitely let you guys know. We also had 32 people show up when it was prom, so we really didn't have much of the high school pool to draw from either. Just don't expect nearly the talent pool. :). Nobody in this area has tried to go competitive in Smash Bros. yet, but we're working on it.

Cook

Smash Master
I don't mind playing against people that aren't that good. ;)

But if you guys are interested in getting better you should come to MetalMusicMan's weekly Smashfests in St. Peters. Every Tuesday. He probably can't fit 10 of you, though, lol!

TP

Smash Master
At any rate, my tournament should be a very good first dip into serious competitive play. STL crew has every good character represented except Snake and Pikachu, and Future can probably play them because he plays everyone.

If we get 32+ people, should the payout move beyond just top 3?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sounds great.

Papes

Smash Cadet
I don't mind playing against people that aren't that good. ;)

But if you guys are interested in getting better you should come to MetalMusicMan's weekly Smashfests in St. Peters. Every Tuesday. He probably can't fit 10 of you, though, lol!
My friend Jake actually told me about this. He actually wanted to know if it's going to happen in the summer as well.

And we would only have six of us that would come. That's the core of our crew. The rest of the people I'm bringing for OgreSmash are just commoners at our game store.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
so who wants to team with me this time? :/

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
TP TP TP TP!

TP TP TP TP TP!!

TP TP TP TP TP TP!!!

TP TP TP TP TP TP TP!!!!

TP TP TP TP TP TP TP TP!!!!!

TP TP TP TP TP TP TP TP TP!!!!!!

TPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP TPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTPTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TPTP!!! Hooooooo hoooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh TTTTPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Ahem...

/hype

edit: god damn hackers broke my layout overflow prevention and agora took away our file access so I can't even fix it >_< razzle frazzle

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I might come to this.

Sort of depends how the next week of relearning every tech I thought I knew goes.

And if anyone else I know is coming.

TP

Smash Master
Looks like we need to begin operation get Kansas and/or Nebraska to come to this. Troops, move out.

DeLux

I will 100% come if you let me enter singles with 2 Sopos and let someone else be the other Sopo (double bonus if the other Sopo is Future). It'll be like playing ICs, but the climbers have team attack lol

DeLux

I don't think Rob is coming otherwise he would have told me by now.

I'm not going to work on anyone because I need some work myself :\

*back to practicing

Tmacc

Smash Lord
^ Dealt with in PMs.

Two weeks or so away! Time for Hype!

Will Hylian step up from his disappointing 3rd place finish last time? Will Nicole not get trashed and actually enter singles? Will Legan find out about this tournament before the day beforehand this time? Will TP continue his lifelong winning streak against Tmacc even though Tmacc is clearly the better player? Will Will will himself to a good placing? Show up and find out!
This should be in the title, too good.

If I even get to come, TP will probably continue his winning streak against me...lol

I have to work the next day at 7:00am in Cape Girardeau though, so it's probably a no-go.

Papes

Smash Cadet
Hey, my local game shop wants to know if you guys have any date in mind for Ogre Smash 3. They want to do a tournament in June, and they want to make sure that the times don't overlap. I know it's a little early to be thinking that, but I'm just relaying the message!

TP

Smash Master
Hey, my local game shop wants to know if you guys have any date in mind for Ogre Smash 3. They want to do a tournament in June, and they want to make sure that the times don't overlap. I know it's a little early to be thinking that, but I'm just relaying the message!
I'll probably know by this weekend.

Top Bottom