• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ogre Smash 2

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Soo I couldn't get off work :/. I work 12-5. I will probably get off early but they only way I could play really is if you guys do singles pools first, and then do doubles, and then do singles. If you do that I should make it in time for singles, I mean last time I made it and even got to play in my pool lol. If the tournament gets too far and it's already 5 though just dq me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sweeeet <3 I have to get my revenge on finooo

Papes

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I think me and a buddy are going to miss parts of seeding. He's got his sister's graduation until 1 PM or so. I decided to stay back just so he would have company on the way over cause I'm a nice guy! :)

And are you guys going to need help with Wii setups and such? I don't think I could bring a TV, but I'm sure I could bring a Wii no problem.

TP

Smash Master
There's no such thing as too many Wiis or TVs. This goes for everyone who's coming. If it's not too much trouble, please try to bring these things. Especially TVs, since they are always the thing that is in shortest supply. The more setups we have, the more fun we get to have.

Papes

Smash Cadet
I might be able to bring a TV, but it's one of them old tube TVs. And I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 2 or 3. If you guys don't mind the older TVs, then I'll see what I can do.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
:)

I'll have "I haven't played in awhile" johns this time. lololol (finals)

Nevertheless, I am still eagerly awaiting our matches :p
Eh, I only play at our smashfests and I haven't touched IC's since..well awhile lol. I might go all falco/mk this tournament, but probably not ics are too fun.

Papes

Smash Cadet
Eh, I only play at our smashfests and I haven't touched IC's since..well awhile lol. I might go all falco/mk this tournament, but probably not ics are too fun.
Good, I wanna go against your Ice Climbers. Jake (Snake) told me that you might as well put your controller down once you get a hold of us.

And we had another tournament tonight. 29 people showed up, so not a bad turn out. They have the next one on June 18th. I know it's a bit too far down the road for OS3, but it would be awesome if there's no conflicting dates.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might be able to bring a TV, but it's one of them old tube TVs. And I wouldn't be able to get there until at least 2 or 3. If you guys don't mind the older TVs, then I'll see what I can do.
Older TV's are better. CRT's >>>>> LCD/LED TV's for smash because there is no input lag. You can have very little lag with LCD/LED TV's if you know what you are doing but most people don't have the right cords etc etc.

Good, I wanna go against your Ice Climbers. Jake (Snake) told me that you might as well put your controller down once you get a hold of us.

And we had another tournament tonight. 29 people showed up, so not a bad turn out. They have the next one on June 18th. I know it's a bit too far down the road for OS3, but it would be awesome if there's no conflicting dates.
You should tell us where these tournaments are >_> lol.

Papes

Smash Cadet
You should tell us where these tournaments are >_> lol.
We post them every time on Smashboards :).

They actually wanted me to advertise it a bit at Ogre Smash to get a bigger crowd. We do get 30ish people every tournament, but a lot of them are kids. And those kids are vicious. They heckle like crazy. I'd say they make up about ten of the thirty. Another ten are just casual people and the rest have the potential to place Top 3.

They're pretty laid back tournaments, but I'm trying to get them more "professional," so hopefully if you guys go to the June one, which I'll have them post on Smashboards again, it'll be similar to Ogre Smash in some regards. I know they also want to do a Smash 64 and Doubles tournament for the next one.

And I'll do my best to bring my TV. Again, I will be late, but I'll be there no problem for the singles. I might be able to get there for doubles.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Link me to these tournaments. I need to be able to go somewhere where I get more than two bracket matches before my day is through :)

Tmacc

Smash Lord
I wish I could come to this. Unfortunately, I work at 8am that Sunday in Cape Girardeau.

:phone:

DeLux

Reasons I won't be coming:

1. I am bad (self explanitory)
2. KC only has room for 1 and my friend and I were going to play doubles for this but since there's no room for him it's less appealing for me to play alone (since I'm bad)
3. Hylian is going to go Falco/MK and Future does random (meaning I can't watch them play ICs to help me since I'm bad)
4. I am low on money (since I've been spending a lot of money on Brawl tournaments lately and haven't been winning because I'm bad)
5. I forgot to request off the Sunday the day after. So if I went, I'd have to drive back like crazy the night/morning after which is not good (because I can't read/drive/Asian and am bad)
6. See Reason 1

Sad :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sad :(. I would play ics just for you <3.

DeLux

Sad :(. I would play ics just for you <3.
I hate the ditto. I would prefer if you played ICs for everyone else.

Then when you played against me, you could play Falco/MK all you wanted lol

Papes

Smash Cadet
@DeLux: Don't worry, these tournaments have a lot of bad people. You might not necessarily win, but I'm sure you would get a bit further. I'll send you a link when they decide to post the topic for the next one. It is in Illinois, though. Only about 20 minutes from St. Louis, but that's still quite a drive for you.

DeLux

lol, at this point I'd take not coming in last place :\

TP

Smash Master
Lux, I've never seen you play, but you play the most technically demanding character in the game and apparently come in last at tournaments. Have you tried... you know... Metaknight? Easy as ****. My level of tech skill would shock you, in that I don't know how to, for example, glide toss. Yet I place well with reasonable consistency. All you have to do is pick MK and spam Dair.

5 days away woooooooooooo hype.

DeLux

I tried playing MetaKnight for about two weeks. My MK is actually much worse than my ICs. To this day, I have exactly 1 tournament set win with MK.

Although I'm sure my win/loss ratio with ICs and MK are comparable, I've just played much less MK.

PS: ICs aren't too technically demanding/the tech demands aren't the problem. it's the player

THuGz

Smash Lord
LOL @ everything. The world is kinda great right now.

Lux, don't sweat it lol. Everyone in KS loves you. Stop being so hard on yourself and just play the game even though you lose money, doesn't stop me :D

TP

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm going into this tournament expecting to lose money. I think I'll still have fun though.
Most people do. I'd say only 5 of the 30 or 40 people who come will feel that have a real shot at top 3, but they come anyway. Besides, you could consider it an investment of sorts, since NOTHING makes you improve faster than going to legit tournaments. The effect these things can have will shock you.

Papes

Smash Cadet
WTF, where are these tournaments??? Lol

:phone:
O'Fallon, IL. Where Jake and I live. I don't think he wants good people to go though because then he might not make some easy money. He made $175 three weeks ago and $85 this past Saturday. First one was ten dollar buy ins and second was five. They're still pretty fun tournaments.

Cook

Smash Master
So once again I'm probably coming to this after all. But I may change my mind again, lol. Who knows???

Papes

Smash Cadet
Alright, so it looks like the guy that would of had to show up late is not even going at all. It's his sister's graduation, and they've got plans, so oh well. He's not out for sure, but he thinks he might. And judging how I'm playing tonight, I probably shouldn't come either. I'm playing like traaash. :(

Hopefully I don't flat out embarrass myself Saturday. I guess that's what I get though for not playing for about a week.

TP

Smash Master
I've only played once since the last tournament, and will be busy running the damn thing. Going for top 3!!!!!

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
When are you getting there, Zach? I'll try to arrive early with you.

Also I should be able to bring my two Wiis, but I will need 2 sets of composite cables-- is there any reason for me to bring them if I don't have composite cables (i.e. does anyone have extras)?

TP

Smash Master
I'm getting there right at 11. I don't have extra composite cables, maybe someone else does.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
They don't even sell composite cables in the store anymore, lol. When the hell are we going to get away fro CRTs? Lol if the new HD nintendo system comes out and people are still using CRTs I'm gonna kill all the puppies in the world >_<

Oh well I tried lawl

Cook

Smash Master
Well, I don't think I have enough money to come after all, lol. Hopefully Bpow sees this and can make other arrangements for teams! Sorry Brandon, I know I kept going back and forth on you like a f@ggot. :(

Eh, **** it, I'll still come and enter, lol.

Top Bottom