• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officlal Famitsu Booklet Thread: Scans Up! Translators Needed!

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I could've told you that.

The Smash Bros games have a specific format for their copyright.

(c)2008 Nintendo/Hal Laboratory, Inc.
Characters (c)Nintendo/Hal Laboratory, Inc./Pokemon./Creatures, Inc./GAME FREAK inc./SHIGESATO ITOI/Ape Inc./INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc./SEGA

The character copyright is the important one, as the other one is BRAWL'S own game copyright. (The Super Smash Bros. series as a whole is indeed copyrighted by Nintendo & Hal Laboratory, Inc.)

If Namco had a fighter, you would add "NAMCO BANDAI Holdings Inc."
If Rare had a fighter, you would add "MICROSOFT CORPERATION" (Remember, Rare is now a fully owned Subsidiary of Microsoft)
If Square had a fighter, you would add "SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD."
If Chunsoft had a fighter, you would add "CHUNSOFT"

Oh, and before you ask, the character copyright on the box only lists the companies who own the DEFAULT fighter... Not Assists, Pokeballs, Trophies or Stickers. It's actually the in-game copyright that is important. All Companies involved in Smash ARE listed in the credits though.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
But, it's Ness though. Ness is one of the original 12. If it were Geno, then that would be something.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I see a picture of Bowser and Mario in one scan...

OMG! Bowser and Mario deconfirmed!
It's not quite that. It's the fact that Ness is considered "Lucas' History" and the details about this may shed light on whether or not he was truly cut.

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
Necrid is in the Link History page.... phew... I thaught He could be in Smash, that would give me the creeps. Necrid S.U.C.K.S. Anyway... before you keep posting, keep in mind that the pages on the right side of the booklet shows where did they take the specials from, meaning they'll show both 3 specials and Final Smash. In Link's case, Link's Final Smash was inspired because of his fighting skills in Soul Calibur II. And Necrid is shown there, so NO, Necrid is not in Brawl. Same case with Banjo, sma e case with everything, etc. etc.

NESJake

Smash Apprentice
I could've told you that.

The Smash Bros games have a specific copyright.

(c)2008 Nintendo/Hal Laboratory, Inc.
Characters (c)Nintendo/Hal Laboratory, Inc./Pokemon./Creatures, Inc./GAME FREAK inc./SHIGESATO ITOI/Ape Inc./INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS/Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc./SEGA

The character copyright is the important one, as the other one is SMASH'S own game copyright. (The Super Smash Bros. as a whole is indeed a copyright of Nintendo & Hal Laboratory, Inc.)

If Namco had a fighter, you would add "NAMCO BANDAI Holdings Inc."
If Rare had a fighter, you would add "MICROSOFT CORPERATION" (Remember, Rare is now a fully owned Subsidiary of Microsoft)
If Square had a fighter, you would add "SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD."
If Chunsoft had a fighter, you would add "CHUNSOFT"

Oh, and before you ask, the character copyright on the box only lists the companies who own the DEFAULT characters... It's actually the in-game copyright that is important.
The rare logo was in diddy kong racing DS, and i didn't see microsoft's name anywhere.

CO18

Smash Hero
Hope someone that can translate it comes along soon. Really want to know what that says although i think it deconfirms ness

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Necrid is in the Link History page.... phew... I thaught He could be in Smash, that would give me the creeps. Necrid S.U.C.K.S. Anyway... before you keep posting, keep in mind that the pages on the right side of the booklet shows where did they take the specials from, meaning they'll show both 3 specials and Final Smash. In Link's case, Link's Final Smash was inspired because of his fighting skills in Soul Calibur II. And Necrid is shown there, so NO, Necrid is not in Brawl. Same case with Banjo, sma e case with everything, etc. etc.
Actually, that's Taki in the picture with Link. But yeah, I don't think we'll see Necrid in Brawl anytime soon...or ever.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
There is one very easy reason why Necrid is doubtful: He could very well be the least important and cared about SC character ever.

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Hey ShortFuse, do you want me to list what information was on which pages in the booklet, like the way you listed the pages on the first post?

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm doing my best to translate it, but I'm not nearly as proficient in Japanese as some of the members here, so hopefully someone else will figure this out soon.

The title is "Do you remember? About Ness" and the caption above the screenshot is just the name of the game its taken from (SSBM). Article seems to be speculative, but I'll keep working on it.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I don't think the booklet is deconfirming him, as much as it is posing the question: "Where did Ness go!?!"
-DD

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
well, link was playable in a soul caliber for the gamecube. he used bombs and arrows there i think. that might be why necrid was mentioned.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
The rare logo was in diddy kong racing DS, and i didn't see microsoft's name anywhere.
The actual copyright for Diddy Kong Racing DS is "©2007 Nintendo. Certain characters licensed by Rare."

Nintendo owns the copyright to all Donkey Kong and Starfox games and just licensed a few characters from Rare for the enhanced port of Diddy Kong racing. Microsoft's not mentioned because they don't care about TipTup, Taj, or Bumper... This is also why Banjo & Conker got replaced in the port, as Microsoft now owns the copyright to them and Perfect Dark.

Microsoft's weird like that... They grab up the copyrights to game series they think they want, but let the subsidary keep more obscure franchises...

For the sake of arguement, let's say Master Chief was in Brawl. Nintendo would only actually need Microsoft's approval for it as Microsoft owns the Halo series, and not Bungie.

Microsoft and Nintendo's relationship with each other is... weird. The two companies tend to actually cooperate with each other IF it is mutually beneficial for both to do so. This means we see DS versions of Microsoft's games. Both see their key enemy in Sony, and go separate routes to beat Sony. It's only because Sony's in third that you actually see a bigger chasm between them because this is the first time they ever had to directly compete with each other.

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
I looked at the first post and realized that there are some pages in yellow that say "(character) Smash Attack". Those pages aren't of Smash Attacks, but more like an intro to the character. The left side has the name and a list of the Special Attacks, along with the Final Smash (why they listed them twice, i have no idea). The right side, or the second page, has a collage of different screenshots/poses of the character. There's usually one new picture in these collages.

e.g. Page 144 isn't Lucas's Smash Attacks but Sonic's intro. Page 145 is the collage thing.

I'll try to post some pictures ASAP. Like i said before, I don't have access to a scanner so I'm trying to pictures of the pages with the best quality posssible so it can be readible...so please, bear with me.

EDIT: Okay, here is some of the list of the pages (note that these are probably not the actual titles, I'm just describing what I think the main info is, based on the pictures and the little Japanese that I understand a.k.a. not kanji). I'll post up some more after my sister is done uploading some pictures to Photobucket.

Front Cover
Page 000: Table of Contents
Page 001: System Guide title page
Page 002: Smash rules
Page 003: Tilts and Smashes
Page 004: Special Moves
Page 005: Battle for the Smash Ball
Page 006: Guarding and Dodging
Page 007: Grabbing and Throwing
Page 008: You Must Recover
Page 009: Introduction to Items
Page 010: Techniques
Page 011: Introduction to Stages
Page 012: Wi-Fi Connection
Page 013: Miscellaneous Stuff (Spectator, Snapshots, Stage Builder, and Sending)
Page 014: Music and a list of the musicians
Page 015: Character Data title page

Hope this clarifies some of the pages.

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Near as I can tell (haven't really seriously translated it yet), Arrow is on the right track. It doesn't do anything to confirm or deny Ness, so much that it just tells a bit of his history. What it DOES confirm is what I thought at first glance...the picture that they used is the same one that was on the Smash Bros. DX (Japanese) home page for Ness years back.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently it says

For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Apparently it says

For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions
Well if this one's true, then we can deconfirm a lot of the leakers...though it doesn't seem to match up with other people's trans, now does it? >_>

Don_East

Smash Rookie
Apparently it says

***STARTS PLAYING TAPS ON A BUGLE***

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
First half is (probably poor translation):

Earthbound's main character Ness participated in the Smash Bros. series. In the first Smash Bros., he appeared as a hidden character.

(goes back to translating)

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Apparently it says

Oh REALLY? :laugh:

If you can point on to me where exactly the kana for Lucas (or rather "Ryuka") appears in that ENTIRE blurb, I'd be closer to believing you. :p

Deej

Smash Rookie
Apparently it says

Man, thats low. Making up a translation so that people believe your argument.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Man, thats low. Making up a translation so that people believe your argument.
I didn't make **** up, I can't read Japanese...

****ing ******* mother ****er piss *** freaks

CO18

Smash Hero
ITs being translated on brawlcentral. So far they have: "Do you remember? Ness left behind? For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions."

Top Bottom