• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Officlal Famitsu Booklet Thread: Scans Up! Translators Needed!

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
I'm uploading pics right now, for some reason it's taking a looooong time...

Where can I buy this magazine?
Please reply!

I got this magazine at a bookstore in Mitsuwa Marketplace. I was there to pick up another magazine, and I just happened to ask when they were getting Famitsu's Feb. 1 magazine and the guy said it had just come in but they didn't put it on the shelves yet. Luckily I went there at the right time. I also got Famitsu's DS+Wii magazine because there were some other SSBB stuff in it - no new information, but nice stickers and a useless "Player's Guide"; it's nice to have for collecting, I guess. I'm not sure where you can buy this online, but I think they sell some Famitsu magazines at play-asia.com.

BTW, one of the magazines I got was a previous issue of Famitsu. This issue had some small bit where they asked Sakurai (I think) to explain the clock and soccer ball items. I think Sakurai called the clock item the "Timer". I'm not sure what the rest of it says.

mkmelee

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot to everyone who contributed to the scans up to this point.

I'm really hoping the 48 characters comment is real.

RyanCE

Smash Cadet
Why are you so Hell-bent on the Subspace scans? They don't offer anything we haven't seen on the DOJO!!

Talendime

Smash Ace
Okay, so I don't understand Japanese at all, so instead of trying to translate it into English, I took sort of a reverse approach. I went on an online translator and typed in something I supposed the paragraph would necessarily say if it were about Ness not being in the game. I really have no idea how the Japanese language flows, so please don't make fun of me if this is way off.

The Japanese in the upper box is the fruit of the phrase I entered in the box below. I highlighted what was significantly recognizable in the paragraph according to what came out of the translation.

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
Ok, here are the scans for the Special Moves Histories:

Mario
Link
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Wario
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Ike
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede

Here are the Subspace Emissary pages as well:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Like people have said, there really insn't anything new on these pages. The only new thing I can say are new screenshots of the enemies of SSE. One of them is an R.O.B. shooting a laser!

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
it's interesting that the scan of Ike's move history shows a picture of Marth doing his counter. Ike has a Marth move. It's also interesting that Lucas' moves come from his game, so I guess Ness was borrowing them and had to give them back.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Ok, here are the scans for the Special Moves Histories:

Mario
Link
Pit
Pikachu
Kirby
Fox
Samus
Wario
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Zero Suit Samus
Yoshi
Ike
Peach
Pokemon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Ice Climbers
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede

Here are the Subspace Emissary pages as well:

Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Page 4

Like people have said, there really insn't anything new on these pages. The only new thing I can say are new screenshots of the enemies of SSE. One of them is an R.O.B. shooting a laser!
thank you so much for these scans. R u going to scan the left side of the history pages too?

smash_crash

Smash Rookie
thank you so much for these scans. R u going to scan the left side of the history pages too?
I don't know... there really isn't any new info on them. Those pages talk about the history of those characters themselves, some of them showing visual evolutions. The only ones that were interesting were Lucas's and Ike's because they had Ness and Marth/Roy, respectively.

Top Bottom