• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Official Yoshi Brawl Video & Discussion:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gindler

Smash Champion
For all this talk of how bad Yoshi is, he doesn't seem to lose often.
From what I've been told, yoshi isn't that bad. He's just a harder character for alot of people to use, speed, aerials, no recovery, so apparently alot of people can't adapt to the little guys playing style which is sweet because I love using an underused/underrated character, and I've always loved yoshi so that's good too.

ethadream

Smash Rookie
anything on yoshis flamethrower i saw dogger use uit the other day but is it better than the fire balls?
Most of the time, if it's a 1 vs 1, the fireball will have a hard time hitting. What I usually do is trap the enemies with the flame thrower, then hope for the best and shoot a fireball. I only use the flame thrower for about 1 second though, because the fireballs are powerful and you SHOULD abuse them as much as possible.

Oh, and on getting a Smash ball, I found that if you come from above, and hit it with Fair without sweetspot, it will fly away in the direction you were facing. Then, egg toss and you are pretty much guranteed the Final Smash. You might want to wait about 5 seconds after the Smash Ball appeared though.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I recommend you use more short hop Bairs. That's like the main thing any yoshi user should focus on, it sets up to so many combos.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
I recommend you use more short hop Bairs. That's like the main thing any yoshi user should focus on, it sets up to so many combos.
Agreeed. I almost spam this move... that and pivot grab, pahahaa. Looks like you know Yoshi but those two things will open up a can o worms, because bair can setup pretty well as Gindler said and since bair is expected you can throw in mindgames out of it. Short hop aerials will also clean up your game and you'll be more fluid.

and did you shield/spot dodge at all in those vids? I don't think I saw you do that once hahaa. Oh wellz u still won cuz Yoshi 2 gud.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Agreeed. I almost spam this move... that and pivot grab, pahahaa. Looks like you know Yoshi but those two things will open up a can o worms, because bair can setup pretty well as Gindler said and since bair is expected you can throw in mindgames out of it. Short hop aerials will also clean up your game and you'll be more fluid.

and did you shield/spot dodge at all in those vids? I don't think I saw you do that once hahaa. Oh wellz u still won cuz Yoshi 2 gud.
Ha, I rarely spot dodge when I fight (timing is key and shielding is just so much easier). Confuses the crap out of people in tourneys, they're like how'd i lose to someone who never spot dodges (I'm extremely aggressive, I just keep attacking never giving them a chance to breath, I recommend this since yoshi is a raptor anyway) yeah sometimes you shouldn't Bair to do a lil' mind gamin' just hop backwards doing nothing is fun.

Short hop Nair is my fav kill move too, besides the Fair spike and Dair spike to their doom of course. Always keep Bdown in mind too, if you spot dodge a smash you should be able to punish with it easily.

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Haha nair yeah, especially going way off stage to finish off a Pit hehehe..

Also, I don't know how well this works after doing it a few times, but I like doing it anyway. Space a bair and miss and then reverse down B. Can be risky (stars give you some room), but it's still something to keep up your sleeve. Hehe crawl away and then reverse down b them when they approach. heheee.. reverse down b is quite fun, why I do it back and forth to be annoying O_O

I've also been trying to work in egg lay into my game. You probably have much better choices than egg lay, in fact it's probably more of a taunt than anything. It has some mindgames I guess.. it is a pretty quick grab after all. I've done a few egg lays coming back to stage to edge guarders and also when falling down I like tapping the direction my back is facing and doing a reverse egg lay.

Gindler

Smash Champion
I sometimes egg lay after a Bair instead of a pivot grab. They expect to get spat out but come out my booty as an egg and i do the wave taunt (shortest one) or I go up to get ready for a Uair whichever I'm feeling more at the moment.

D

Deleted member

Nice badgey. Love the eggs. U were a bit predictable, with the down b and the dash grabs (i learned to not be as predictable just by getting predicted so many times =/) but besides that it was very good.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 1
BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 2
BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 3

Can somebody please give my Yoshi a critique, not my best match, but when your not the one with the recording equipment who can complain?
Waaaaaay too many Usmashes there, buddy.

You put on some decent pressure with dash-grabs, but also try to incorporate more pivot-grabs into your game.

Also, Re: bottom tier, you won't find Yoshi there. :psycho:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Ah, nice to see you guys found the videos of Shiri's Yoshi on my youtube account from that tournament ages ago. Anyway, after the most recent tournament we recorded a lot more matches and a few of them star Yoshi.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=er4E-v3FdTs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bQAImZ_mVws
These are of df00z's Yoshi. He's been trying to get better at incorporating pivot grabs, expect more from him in the future.

Those are the only 2 new ones uploaded so far, but I have a bunch of videos set for upload and I think a few of them contain Yoshi, so keep a lookout at: http://youtube.com/profile_videos?user=XiiviiX&p=r

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
Have you got anything to do other than trying to bother us with your trolling? You are acting like a gameFAQs ******. please stop.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
if i may say njzfinest, you seem to have harsh feelings towards yoshi are you perhaps angry because one 3 stocked you? or are you one of the many mindless idiots who simply are incapable of reading and research. either way, i would like some cold hard claims that attribute yoshi as not competitively worthy, if they have been said and refuted befor, i shal simply post the words "try again" in large yellow letters. so let us see if you have any base for your bullsh*t claims. if you do not respond with something intelligent i shall add you to the list of idiots in my sig, you will be the first member.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Don't provoke him, it's not worth it.

Just leave Carl alone. He does this all the time.

bigman40

Smash Master
Yoshi can CG on certain characters. Some can jump out of it before another grab lands, some get too far awat to be grabbed again. The ones that can't get out can't do anything to get out of it since they land on the ground or are stuck in the release animation.

Sharky

Smash Master
lol someone just PM'd me asking about that =P

I'm at college for another week, then I'll have Wii access again. Though I may have to spend a couple days fiddling with my wireless, cause last time I was home the Wii was having some major connectivity issues >_<

Fawriel

Smash Master
It's... it's a video of... a good Yoshi?
My lord.

I lifted my ban on videos where the overpowered guy wins for this one.
Now where's Gabe and what do I have to do to get him to upload some videos?

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I'm sorry but you guys make me look as if I suck at smash bros, looking at my Melee performance. I dunno if I can be any good for when I get Brawl :cry:

Sharky

Smash Master
It's... it's a video of... a good Yoshi?
My lord.

I lifted my ban on videos where the overpowered guy wins for this one.
Now where's Gabe and what do I have to do to get him to upload some videos?
Gabe lives in...Texas I believe? I know he frequents smashboards every now and then, but doesn't post very often.

D

Deleted member

Haha nubs. Gabe lives in cali. I didnt know he played brawl, thats awesome! I need to play him.

eggs-on-toast

Smash Apprentice
hey all you yoshi players im eggs-on-toast and i've mained DK sine 64 and i was thinking of maybe changing to my secodry throug out all this time, Yoshi. I was just wandering if anyone can point out any usefull guides/vids and if it's a wise descion moving from DK to Yoshi thanks all.

Nocher

Smash Rookie
just look at the "how to hatch a healthy yoshi:brawl" by yoshinator/sharky. it is stickied right below this thread

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I actually use DK as a secondary and I find the spacing and timing aspects to be similar.

They're both underrated characters and a lot of fun to alternate between.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom