• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Official Yoshi Brawl Video & Discussion:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I cleaned up the videos, now there's three sections: 1v1, 2v2, and combo videos. I just put up the videos I saw people post. If there's any videos you want to be put up or that I might have missed, please post it in the thread or send me a PM.

:yoshi:Yoshi Videos:yoshi:

1v1

Badgey (Yoshi) vs Dadam (Lucas)

Bigman (Yoshi) vs Deo (Diddy) 1
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Deo (Diddy) 2
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Deo (Diddy) 3
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Metal Ryu (Meta Knight) 1
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Metal Ryu (Meta Knight) 2
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Rowan (ROB)
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Shiri (Yoshi) 1
Bigman (Yoshi) vs Shiri (Yoshi) 2

BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 1
BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 2
BQB (Yoshi) vs SiShenDao (Marth) Round 3

Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Pikachu) 1
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Pikachu) 2
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Pikachu) 3
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Wario)
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Captain Falcon) 1
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Djpacman (Captain Falcon) 2
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Ghetto thunder (Falco) 1
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Ghetto thunder (Falco) 2
Burntsocks (Yoshi) vs Ghetto thunder (Falco) 3

Nocher (Yoshi) vs Burntsocks (Mr. Game and Watch)
Nocher (Yoshi) vs Burntsocks (Yoshi) 1
Nocher (Yoshi) vs Burntsocks (Yoshi) 2

Shiri (Yoshi) vs Mamba (Snake) Round 1
Shiri (Yoshi) vs Mamba (Snake) Round 2
Shiri (Yoshi) vs Mr. Nobody (Wario) Round 1
Shiri (Yoshi) vs Mr. Nobody (Wario) Round 2
Shiri (Yoshi) vs Mr. Nobody (Wario) Round 3
Shiri (Yoshi) vs PikaPika! (Pikachu) Round 1
Shiri (Yoshi) vs PikaPika! (Pikachu) Round 2

2v2
Shiri (Yoshi) PikaPika! vs Kirk (Snake) Silverspawn (Metaknight) Round 1
Shiri (Yoshi) PikaPika! vs Kirk (Snake) Silverspawn (Metaknight) Round 2
Shiri (Yoshi) PikaPika! vs Kirk (Snake) Silverspawn (Metaknight) Round 3
Shiri (Yoshi) PikaPika! vs Kirk (Snake) Silverspawn (Metaknight) Round 4

Combo Vids
DirectDK
Getting The POOOO Off My Shoe Sample - YoshiBomb

Maki Maki

Smash Cadet
You put a lot of effort into this
Of course this will be useful for us
So let me say thank you for this
Hey, maybe you can post some original vids soon
In due time, of course
Summaries of his move set may also be good
Unless there already is a thread for that
Xcellent work

Sharky

Smash Master
lol, I played a few recorded matches earlier today. They were really bad though, I dunno if I should even post them, it was not one of my better days. =$

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
It's up to you :p But I know for a fact we can't get enough Yoshi footage lol.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Finally, our own video thread! Thank you DstyCube! *settles down to watch*

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hpKkcLJ0RPg Something to note is that in this match at 2:22 Yoshi uses his f-air, connects, but doesn't meteor with it. He still gets the kill, but feh, barely any knockback when it doesn't meteor.

Whee, now Yoshi has to sweetspot stuff too.
Hmmm, it does look like Yoshi lost his instant meteor capabilities. Well, then again, it looks great for a Bair set-up. :)

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
New 3-way video with Lucas vs Ike vs Yoshi. I don't really see anything notable in this match, though.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ixmyhwmlM

At 0:35, I almost choked when I saw the range in Yoshi's Bair.
At 0:55 to 1:10, you can see how difficult it is to control Yoshi. The fireballs deffinately make it up, though. At 1:08, Ike goes from 27% to 45%, then to 71%. The fire balls have good knockback, too.
At 1:17, it looks like it's easier to pick up and throw the Electrode.
At 1:24 to 1:26, I nearly cried. The Ray Gun is amazing.
At 1:44, Yoshi new F-Tilt is in action. Just the same effect as it was in Melee, but a little quicker.
At 1:45, it appears Yoshi's grab goes past the shield. Does this mean you can't grab shielding people anymore?
At 2:17, you can really see how much Yoshi's F Smash has improved.

That's about it. :)

Sharky

Smash Master
I should have a couple vids up sometime tomorrow (maybe =P ) including a particularly good whooping of Ike in luigi's mansion =D

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I should have a couple vids up sometime tomorrow (maybe =P ) including a particularly good whooping of Ike in luigi's mansion =D
If it's not too much trouble, could you maybe not put in too many unlockable stuff in your video's? I'm still trying to save some stuff to discover for myself when I eventually get it. :)

Sharky

Smash Master
pretty sure the only unlockable thing in the vids is the mansion, sorry if that spoiled anything for you. =$

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Nah, I already know about the mansion. But I'm still trying to avoid as much spoilers as possible. I know all the characters already too, but I'd rather find out their movesets on my own. You don't have to leave that stuff out though, you can put it in if you want, I'd probably just avoid the vids then. :p

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
You don't like spoilers? I admire your courage. I think it's funny how they put all the characters in the Brawl Character Discussion, but they have a No Spoilers section. Weird. :dizzy:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Hehe, yeah. But as I said I already know about the characters. I just don't know all of their movesets yet, and that's what I'm avoiding the most. It's hard though, they're in vids EVERYWHERE!

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I forgot to mention spoilers. I know that there are people who do not want to be spoiled, and I sure don't want to be the one to spoil anything for anyone. I'm personally trying to stay away from any SSE gameplay/videos, I hear the its actually got a storyline that's so well done it could be a game on its own!

As far as the Yoshi videos go, I will not put up anything that has to do with SSE, be it gameplay or cutscenes. I will try to redo the first post to show the names of the stages, sorry about that. Characters... I'm sorry but if you don't know the full roster yet, and you're trying to avoid getting spoiled, you shouldn't even be on smashboards XD.

To those who are trying to avoid spoilers, I wish you good luck!

Chepe

Smash Lord
O_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtGoQQkOdvY

Hey, does it look like Yoshi is DJCing a forward air at 4:19 to anyone else? It definitely did to me, Yoshi jumped then suddenly fell while doing the starting animation of his forward air (pulling his head back). He fell pretty fast...

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
Seeing as how we know that DJC is out, I'm going to say it isn't, sorry lol. And of course, I had to go test it on melee, since I don't have brawl yet. I think it's actually just a SHFF(L)'d fair. You can recreate it easily in melee. Another difference if it was DJC'd would be that you could see the ripples appear from the second jump, but there aren't any. You can see some of the ripple from the second jump right after it at about 4:21, even though the quality of the video isn't that great, the ripples are clearly visible.

Sharky

Smash Master
yep, that was a fast-falled f-air, sorry to disappoint =/

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the home run video is proof that yoshi's dair doesn't spike anymore. If it did then the sandbag would have started getting knocked up before the end of that damage fest.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Yo dudes! Check out the videos from FrostDogger!

http://youtube.com/user/FraustDogger

This dude is doing some amazing work with Using Yoshi. He provided great videos and tips on using Yoshi as well. I personally like the videos with the Egg roll endurance tip and the 1 vs. 1 with someone who mained Marth!

For us Yoshi Mains, I say we should keep an eye on this guy!

Yoshi'stheBombers7

Smash Journeyman
Yo dudes! Check out the videos from FrostDogger!

http://youtube.com/user/FraustDogger

This dude is doing some amazing work with Using Yoshi. He provided great videos and tips on using Yoshi as well. I personally like the videos with the Egg roll endurance tip and the 1 vs. 1 with someone who mained Marth!

For us Yoshi Mains, I say we should keep an eye on this guy!
Um, he has a Smash Boards account as Dogger. Yea, he is really good with Yoshi.

Dogger, you should start a fan club, lol.

yoshiunity

Smash Apprentice
NNID
YoshiUnity
Um, he has a Smash Boards account as Dogger. Yea, he is really good with Yoshi.

Dogger, you should start a fan club, lol.
Oh, cool. :)

Sorry. I'm still a little new here.

That is true about Dogger though. He has some very good skills.

BigKevinm84

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I got to play as Yoshi for a while the other day. I did great with him! I've used him since SSB and was able to beat my friends who had already been playing for a while, even though I just started. He's pretty good, and finally, his B up lets him recover a little bit. It's not huge, but it does help. I won about 6 or 7 matches with him in mainly 4 player matches. That was awesome. I can't wait until Brawl FINALLY comes out here, since I don't know how to get the Japanese version onto my Wii...

I've seen some people say he's been nerfed, but it didn't feel like it. He seemed just as good or a little better. He will still be a middle of the pack character, but obviously he will be good enough for people to win a lot using him. Should be great.

EAGLE 188

Smash Rookie
WOW! i think Yoshi is a little wieghtless it like it almost float. The combo video was totally awsome. Yoshi is still one of my main Team.

Tanea

Smash Ace
anything on yoshis flamethrower i saw dogger use uit the other day but is it better than the fire balls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom