• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Or...(and this is a huge or and great suggestion)..they can just implement the great duo of Baby mario and Luigi. Mario Superstar Saga anyone?That would be a great team combo. But really, the only one I can think of that will be Double team characters if Ice Climbers aren't in is Diddy and Dixie. For that reason, I want Ice Climbers back in for Brawl.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Why not Ness or IC's, I want the questioning to stop LOL I'm rooting for them

I actually think Peach will be an unlockable. Well, I'd like her to be one. First event match "Save Peach from Bowser" and when you do, it's Toad instead and he tells you she's in another castle. At least I think that would make things a little more interesting. I donno?

I agree, no update untill Wednesday, maybe Thursday even, put the tension on.

P.S: C. Falcon will be awsome!

P.P.S: no prob Del Money :)

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I was thinking, and I think that they are only going to take out Roy, Dr.Mario, and Pichu. Other character resons to me aren't too good to kick a character.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Three things:

1) I agree with you chiyo-chan' dad. Personally, those three are the only characters who I feel should be left out. Everyone else should stay for good intention. Young Link should stay, but become cel-shaded and use different weapons, though only be luigified. Falco should be luigified slightly, just to differentiate himself from Fox. And Ganondorf should be luigified slightly so I don't have to change my playstyle for him. Lolz.

2) I was thinking, since we are getting FE stages introduced to us this early in development, is it safe to assume that we will probably be getting a FE character to start? Most likely Marth since we believe the stages are from his game? Hmmmm!?

@Dynamism:
3) I'M NOT DEL MONEY! I'M DYCE!

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
1) I agree with you chiyo-chan' dad. Personally, those three are the only characters who I feel should be left out. Everyone else should stay for good intention. Young Link should stay, but become cel-shaded and use different weapons, though only be luigified. Falco should be luigified slightly, just to differentiate himself from Fox. And Ganondorf should be luigified slightly so I don't have to change my playstyle for him. Lolz.
I'll get p*** off if some one like the Ice Climbers got the kick, and then someone like Dr. Mario stays. :mad:

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I'll get p*** off if some one like the Ice Climbers got the kick, and then someone like Dr. Mario stays. :mad:
Doc will NOT stay! At best he'll be a Mario alternate skin, and that's all I'm going to accept.

@Flavor_Flav:
Please don't be as annoying and idiotic of a douchebag as the real Flavor Flav. He's on tv everywhere now and I just saw him at Rock the Bells and I'm really sick of him already.

And don't spam.

ChaosSqueak

Smash Cadet
I don't see why they can't let all of the Characters stay, making the clones skins and stuff, like the alternate costume for Mario being a Doc Costume. I mean, all of the characters on SSB64 stayed, I don't see why they can't let all of the characters in Melee can't, at least be seen, or something in the game.

Possible Skins for Characters:

Mario: Doctor Mario Costume
Pikachu: Pichu Costume
Link: Young Link Costume

I think that all the characters should stay on Super Smash Bros., just giving possible ideas to keep characters on.

Tony_

Smash Ace
I don't see why they can't let all of the Characters stay, making the clones skins and stuff, like the alternate costume for Mario being a Doc Costume. I mean, all of the characters on SSB64 stayed, I don't see why they can't let all of the characters in Melee can't, at least be seen, or something in the game.

Possible Skins for Characters:

Mario: Doctor Mario Costume
Pikachu: Pichu Costume
Link: Young Link Costume

I think that all the characters should stay on Super Smash Bros., just giving possible ideas to keep characters on.
Knowing Sakarai, he probably wants all the characters to stay in Brawl, tho some older characters like Sheik will have to be hidden characters. ^_^

Also, the alt costume idea kicks ***. =D

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Yes, but the dimensions of the characters would have to be the same. Link having a Young Link skin would be like having two different characters again. Link is too big with too long of a reach for Young Link to be his skin. And Pichu's too little with too big of a head and too small of a body and tail to be Pikachu's skin.

Doc for Mario works.
Roy for Marth works.
Daisy for Peach works. (we've seen it work)
Dark Samus for Samus. (if DS doesn't make it)
James McCloud for Fox.
Lucas for Ness. (if Lucas doesn't make it)

...you get the idea.

roy_owns

Smash Lord
Hey guys i'm back... again! I'm on vacation right now so it's kinda hard to get online, anyway my thoughts on posts I missed when I first saw them

Yoshi: Geez... the day I leave and a characters announced
Skyworld: Awesome...
Footstool Jump: WTF?
Knuckle Joe: So thats what his name is...

As for today, I think Sakauri is using Donkey Konga/2/Jungle Beat a bit to much

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
♥♥♥♥♥ FLAVOR FLAV!!! ♥♥♥♥♥
Is horribly gay and is an idiot.

Doc will NOT stay! At best he'll be a Mario alternate skin, and that's all I'm going to accept.

@Flavor_Flav:
Please don't be as annoying and idiotic of a douchebag as the real Flavor Flav. He's on tv everywhere now and I just saw him at Rock the Bells and I'm really sick of him already.

And don't spam.
QFT my good friend.

I'd just fall to the ground if Sonic was confirmed tomarrow
Not me...

lol

If they actually confirmed Sonic at any point before the game's release, I'm pretty sure everybody would fall to the ground.
Except for me. I do not care for Sonic at all. I want NiGHTS if any other third party character.

Del Money

Smash Champion
yeah on the weekends, Flava Flav does stunts for Little Richard in gay movies.

oh and i cant see Doc Mizzle returning. white mario outfit perhaps. (in fact perhaps brawl characters wont just get a color change like in the previous smash bros but a costume change as well...just a thought). falco would porbably stay too...even if krystal and wolf are let in. i mean lets face it, 4 reps from a franchise is not absurd (zelda, sheik, link, ganon in melee).

@Creo
are you still with Omneox?

Iusedtobeagirl

Smash Rookie
Luigi Anyone?

Obviously the man in green will be back but I just happened to find a band who actually have a surprisingly great song about Luigi. I thought any gamers would be interested. Anyway they're called Sexy Heroes In Transit which is an acronym for, yeah. But the song is called Louie Gee and how underrated Luigi is. It's on their myspace at www.myspace.com/sexyheroesintransit . Be sure to check these guys out, for Luigi's sake.

Pokebrawl

Smash Journeyman
Non-Returnies:
Dr. Mario
Young Link (Cell-shaded Link instead)
Falco (if Wolf O'Donnel isn't in)
Pichu
Ice Climbers (if Plusle & Minun are not in)
Roy
Sheik (Zelda stays)

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
That has been deconfirmed like a billion times. If it's not on the official website DO NOT TRUST IT.

Shinku

Smash Champion
wow. bowser jr. i didnt see that coming. i can understand celdy link to replace y.link. but ridly? idk but something about a wing gargoyle or whatever the hell he is, just dosent seem right for brawl.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
wow. bowser jr. i didnt see that coming. i can understand celdy link to replace y.link. but ridly? idk but something about a wing gargoyle or whatever the hell he is, just dosent seem right for brawl.
Because it isn't right. It's a bloody RUMOR. They are not confirmed. It is a false article. Please discern it totally.

Thank you, and good day n00bs.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Catchy song. Not my favorite type of music, but I like it. I wouldn't see it making it's way into Brawl, but I could see it becoming a million little fan-made flash cartoons.

Luigi... when's he gonna show up?
He's an unlockable. Sakurai's probably doing the same thing he did with melee. He showed all starters before the game and when it was released, he began the unlockable "treatement"

I'm sure C. Falcon is coming back. I mean, if Goroh is going to be an assist trophy, why not bring him back !
Why not indeed? The thought of him leaving hasn't even found a place in my mind yet I've heard it a hundred times. "Is he returning? Is he" Flabbergasters

Because it isn't right. It's a bloody RUMOR. They are not confirmed. It is a false article. Please discern it totally.

Thank you, and good day n00bs.
Thanks for saying it before I had time to get annoyed myself

Non-Returnies:
Dr. Mario
Young Link (Cell-shaded Link instead)
Falco (if Wolf O'Donnel isn't in)
Pichu
Ice Climbers (if Plusle & Minun are not in)
Roy
Sheik (Zelda stays)
Falco is returning, and the Ice climbers prob will too, this has been debated to death on other threads and decided. The others are voted as gone.

I just found out on a site that everyone will return except for the Ice climbers, Young link, and Mr. game and watch. Bowser jr, Ridley, and Celda link will replace them.
Check it out for yourself!
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151290
What? Where have you been? Get with the phoney site program jeez. Ridley AT maybe but he isn't like any character so he can't really "REPLACE" anyone anyways. Maybe Meta Knight "REPLACED" Y link. LOL

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I doubt anyone's being replaced or taken out. They'll prolly just add characters on to the ones already there.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
^^^
Not true.

We already know that not all the Melee characters will be coming back.
I can vouche for that (with the help of Samurai Panda and the good people at IGN). Sakurai said it himself, not all of the characters from Melee will be returning. Hopefully, however, they'll just take Doctor Mario out. I can live with everyone else really.

EDIT:
*He's a waste of space.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
He was one of the less cloney clones actually.
Sure he sucked in most aspects, but he is actually favored over Pikachu by some.

(Here's how I see it)
Ganondorf is the least cloney by far.
Followed by Young Link.
Pichu's a close third.
Falco fourth. (just about at the equilibrium)
Roy is at a low fifth.
Doctor Mario is Mario in a stethescope.

historyisold

Smash Rookie
I doubt anyone's being replaced or taken out. They'll prolly just add characters on to the ones already there.
Who's to say they won't replace any Melee characters?
Hypothetically, if Young Link is removed and Celda Link is put in, you have yourself a replacement.
Sure, it's still an "if", but there's still a possibility.
Better yet, if Nintendo is removing one or more characters, and they were afraid people would be upset by this, don't you think they'd try to cover up the outright removal of a character with a shiny new character?

By the way...
Can somebody explain to me please what it means to "luigify" a character?

Now that we have Ike (^_^) Roy (or Marth) is OUT! REPLACED!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Luigify: v, loo - ee- gee - fi

From Greek: "Itsame'", p.37,986

1To create a character based off of another existing character, with the exception of a few differentiating moves, which are completely different from the source character's.

2???

A better example would be: say Diddy Kong is a character, and all his moves are the same as DKs, except that his Up+B is a giant fart that propels him upwards, his Side+B is a cartwheel attack, his Side Smash is a pimpslap, and his forward air is a burp.

...You get the idea.

Top Bottom