• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

woody72691

Smash Ace
game and watch i don't care falcon should return and use of that gun he has at his side in melee and ganondorf should have a smash move with that sword and he should be faster

Nightwolfe

Smash Rookie
I think Ganondorf should have a completely different moveset. As for Falco, I do believe he will return because he's one of the more popular characters and many people will be angry if he doesn't return. I will riot the streets!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I think Ganondorf should have a completely different moveset. As for Falco, I do believe he will return because he's one of the more popular characters and many people will be angry if he doesn't return. I will riot the streets!
lol I'll riot with you!

Ganon should end up being a slightly faster character in brawl. I heard somewhere that, when HAL made melee, they knew every character couldn't be the same speed. Paraphrased, 'their thinking was, give a slow character more powerful attacks and it will balance out, right? Wrong, all the power in the world won't help a character if he cannot lay a hand on his opponent'. So yea I believe that means they are correcting their mistake and making slow characters faster. Sonic is a given, and I think he would make a great addition to the team. Tails does not strike me as a good fighter, and why have tails when you could have, say...Megaman?(although I wouldn't care for him either, just an example)

Krian13

Smash Cadet
Spreading chaos and destruction thruout the land
lol I'll riot with you!

Ganon should end up being a slightly faster character in brawl. I heard somewhere that, when HAL made melee, they knew every character couldn't be the same speed. Paraphrased, 'their thinking was, give a slow character more powerful attacks and it will balance out, right? Wrong, all the power in the world won't help a character if he cannot lay a hand on his opponent'. So yea I believe that means they are correcting their mistake and making slow characters faster. Sonic is a given, and I think he would make a great addition to the team. Tails does not strike me as a good fighter, and why have tails when you could have, say...Megaman?(although I wouldn't care for him either, just an example)
Of course i dout that any other 3rd party characters will come because theyre owners probably will not let nintendo have the lisence due to trust issues, and the only reason snake got in was that hiedo -----(forgot his last name) really likes working with nitendo so only 3rd party characters whos creaters like the exes at nitendo or part of their company is owned by nitendo(squareenix)will get in(sonic is a maybe).

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
It's Hideo Kojima, and I also doubt if any other third party characters are comin besides Snake and maybe Sonic. It'd be pretty cool to be able to control that little blue hedgehog and dash across the stage faster than.... well something not fast.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Hideo Kojima, you're thinking of.

But you're wrong. Any party would LOVE for their character to appear in Smash, because it's publicity that can't be measured. The popularity of Ness (who was almost competely unknown at 64's release) soared following the release of Smash. The same can be said for interest in the Fire Emblem series in the West. The series was finally brought here after enough people inquired as to who the hell these Marth and Roy guys were.

Third party companies are likely to lend any characters that are asked for.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hideo Kojima, you're thinking of.

But you're wrong. Any party would LOVE for their character to appear in Smash, because it's publicity that can't be measured. The popularity of Ness (who was almost competely unknown at 64's release) soared following the release of Smash. The same can be said for interest in the Fire Emblem series in the West. The series was finally brought here after enough people inquired as to who the hell these Marth and Roy guys were.

Third party companies are likely to lend any characters that are asked for.
so you are basically saying that nintendo is very selective about adding 3rd party characters, mabye due to the reaction fans might have?

Zink

Smash Champion
See that thing up there? The title of the thread? That says "Who is going to return" Topic? ie, NOT new characters?

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Good point Zink, but I should still answer the question.

so you are basically saying that nintendo is very selective about adding 3rd party characters, mabye due to the reaction fans might have?
Actually no. I was just saying that if Nintendo asks for a character from a company, the company will more than likely allow Nintendo to use that character, because of the free publicity being in a Smash game brings.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
If you can't find a thread, go make one. Back to the returnees though. I'm still pullin for Young Link to come back brand spankin new. You guys think there's a good chance of him bein Luigified?

pirkid

Smash Lord
if they r gonna bring anyone back, they hav to bring the original 14 from 64
its a must
and then they can ask the public who they wan :)

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
Its pretty obvious that most clones won't return and if they do, they will be modified in such a way that they will feel new. Like Lizardman in soul calibur 3 no longer has feminine looking moves from Cassandra.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
The clones are clearly the most likely to face the boot, but as to who is worthy of staying its going to be a hardchoice either way. Because they all have fanbases... no matter what happens there will be a group of happy unhappy with the choice. I think Pichu and Dr. Mario will definitely be dropped from Brawl, Roy and Young Link have high chances of being replaced, whilst Falco and Ganondorf will probably be completely redone and made their own characters.

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
I don't think Mario should get a new moveset. He's perfectly good with his current moveset. I think Doc should sit this one out. Seriously, the only ones I faced used almost the same tactics, sh-pill, wd in front of me, bair the snot out of me, and EG me for an easy stock. Which is why I use sheik.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
No. The Ice Climbers are unique charaters so I say keep them in. And I think its better to keep all the charaters instead of getting rid of some.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Mario should have better jumps and recovery move, hes the jumpman and his recovery is incredibly lame, and his dair should be like in the 4, like kirbys and Jiglys, in melee it just hits them, but on 64 it *grabs them* and gives the oponent multiple hits, I dont know if I made myself clear, also he should have a bit more power...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Mario should have better jumps and recovery move, hes the jumpman and his recovery is incredibly lame, and his dair should be like in the 4, like kirbys and Jiglys, in melee it just hits them, but on 64 it *grabs them* and gives the oponent multiple hits, I dont know if I made myself clear, also he should have a bit more power...
a bit off topic but that sounds a little like my FLUDD mario idea that you bashed. he would have better recovery and would be a bit more powerful, although mabye a bit slower.

i want bowser to return, and not so much because i use him, which i don't. its more for the few people i have seen that are amazing with him, and the fact that this game needs more villans.

icymatt

Smash Lord
Bowser should return because HE'S BOWSER. I can't stress enough how important he is to the Mario franchise and thus how important he is to Smash Bros. All these "Change his moveset or drop him!" people obviously don't take this into account. Really, the character itself is more important than how bad some random message board posters think he is. Besides, I like Bowser just the way he is.

Stryks

Smash Hero
a bit off topic but that sounds a little like my FLUDD mario idea that you bashed. he would have better recovery and would be a bit more powerful, although mabye a bit slower.
1)They were all talking about Mario.
2) I want the ORIGINAL mario, mario was 1st known as the jump man, and for him to have such bad jumps and bad recovery is just wrong, all I ask is better jumps and upgrade his upb

also bowser deserves to be in brawl, all he needs is less lag in his moves, upgrade him the best they can...

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Is http://www.smashbrosbrawl.net/ a reliable source of info for SSBB? Because they say that Ice Climbers, Game & Watch, and Young Link will be cut. I did a search in this entire forum but couldn't find anything about it, so I hope I'm not posting something that's old.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
There is no reliable site for this kind of information, except for the OFFICIAL Brawl Site, and they only have the newcomers from the trailer. It seems likely that they'd cut Young Link and put in Celda instead, or at least change him so he isn't the same as Link.

REØ

Smash Lord
they could give him deku nuts, sling shot, bombchu bombs, and i guess other things for young link

Top Bottom