• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

len1

Smash Journeyman
i dont want pokemon to dissapear from melee well pichu because he is a plain CLONE
the pokemon are awesome. King came around 6th in OC2 using jiggly...well im not sure about the jigglypuff part but it seems obvious

i want sonic dont care what you say it is better than everyones ******** ramblings about squaresoft characters

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Sonic would be an awesome character to see in brawl. To my knowledge, Sonic vs. Mario is the biggest in-system rivalry to date. It would be exciting to have them finally fight eachother. But enough off topic.

We can be sure that, asside from G&W who is questionable, every none clone character in melee is bound to get into brawl.

Concerning the clones:

Dr. Mario was a fun character, and it makes sense that the bigger the series on nintendo, the more representation it should have. I would much rather Nintendo give the doctor a complete makeover, although i doubt the possibility of that.

Ganondorf is a given that he will be a completely different character from his melee self, but whatever moves he is bestowed with, he is sure to make the cut for brawl.

Falco and Ganon are the least clonelike of all the clones, and while I am not much of a Ganon player, I can securely say that Falco is much different than Fox, and deserves to keep his moveset the same for brawl.

Y. link is fairly clonelike, but he does have several games and could be given an entirely different moveset, so I would hate for Nintendo to give him the axe instead of taking the initiative and remaking him from scratch.

Pichu evolves into Pikachu, cannot be luigified, and should not return in brawl IMO.

Roy could have been a good character, but due to his lack of popularity he will probably be cut, and personally I would not care if he were cut or replaced.

My final decision: Cut Pichu, G&W, Roy; Luigify Dr. Mario, Y. Link; Allow all others in melee to enter the brawl as they are

Zink

Smash Champion
I'd agree with that, but for goodness sake give Ganondorf a moveset with that sword of his, and OoT stuff like the light ball that can be batted back and forth.

icymatt

Smash Lord
For Ganondorf, I want them to combine his Ocarina moves(Magic ball/deflection, Earthquake) and Wind Waker weapons(the katanas), that way he is original and up-to-date.

And I still have not heard a good reason why Game & Watch should leave.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Icymatt, there is no conclusive reason why any character should leave. Mabye the best explination would be that he was not the best "ultra-secret" character they could have picked. He made a bad final boss if you had to fight 5 of him at once to make him a challenge. Or mabye its that this is a 3-Dimensional world in which he is lacking in one dimension. Still, there is the fact that he didn't do much in his old games, and unlike pit who was able to take a huge jump foward in evolution, i just don't think that is possible for G&W. It was a good try by Nintendo, but it may be the end of the line for him.

*Edit* Ophelius do not double post it gets annoying.

i dont understand why they'd get rid of doc, i mean yea he is clone but there's clear differences between Mario and Dr Mario. I think Mewtwo should be taken out period actually I'd like to see no pokemon as playable characters, instead a new character -Trainer Ash- mayhap should be introduced and his projectile would be pokeballs with random pokemon i dk Peach is awesome and thats all im gonna say about that. Squall would be interesting to see also
Why do people always talk out of there ars??

They would get rid of doctor mario because for 1,he is a clone,2 he is the exact same person,and is litteraly a clone.But they could possible bring him back since Mario is most likely going to get a diffirent move set,so Doc could keep his old one.

And why would you want Mewtwo tooken out??That would be an astonoshing disapointment,due to the fact that he is original.And no pokemon,insted add Satoshi?? You really have a very linier line of though,why do you think that only humanoids should fight,Pikach is an awsome character.The Pokeball idea is just half *****,random pokemon??he would be God Tier,not to mention Satoshi is from the Pokemon anime,he hardly exist in the games.

Squal??No,he has never apeared on a nintendo consol before(And dont give me that Kingdom Heats CoM crap) so it's therefor impossible.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I thought Mr.G&W was an awesome 'ultra-secret' character. He was weird, unique, surprising, he represented a very important part of Nintendo's history, and most importantly: he was FUN.

Anyone who puts his 2Dness or lack of 'evolution' as faults obviously doesn't get the character.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I think they're definitely gonna put the original 12 characters in brawl. As for characters from Melee, I think a fair deal of the clones are as good as gone. At the top of the list is Dr. Mario and Pichu, two characters that are too similar to the characters they were cloned from. Another character I don't want to see back is Mewto. Pokemon is a dying franchise in america and the only one they really need is Pikachu. Who could say no to that cute little face?

I'm saddened to say that Roy (my main character) is probably gonna get the boot. He's a character that was put in to advertise the new Fire Emblem game and nothing more. Marth is probably staying due to his role in two Fire Emblem games (something no other character has). Along with Marth there will probably be other characters like Lyn or Hector or somethin.

Falco, Young Link and Ganondorf are (in my opinion) the most likely to return. Of course all these characters will have to be seriously rehauled and become their own characters rather than clones. Ganondorf could have his sword or other abilities from OoT like his lighting ball thingie. Young Link needs more abilites that showcase his abilities from OoT and maybe even WW.

That's all I have to say about that, and keep in mind these are my opinions so don't start flaming me or anything just because you think differently.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I think they're definitely gonna put the original 12 characters in brawl. As for characters from Melee, I think a fair deal of the clones are as good as gone. At the top of the list is Dr. Mario and Pichu, two characters that are too similar to the characters they were cloned from. Another character I don't want to see back is Mewto. Pokemon is a dying franchise in america and the only one they really need is Pikachu. Who could say no to that cute little face?
I don't believe people are STILL posting crap reasons for Mewtwo to leave, Pokemon is still extremley popular, especially in Japan, Mewtwo should not be taken out.

Krian13

Smash Cadet
Spreading chaos and destruction thruout the land
if roy gets cut the least i ask is that some other red haired long sword wielding fe chacter character replaces him. NOT ELLWOOD WITH DUNDRUAL ON A HORSE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!! IT WILL NEVER WORK WITH HIM ON A HORSE, AND IF HE IS NOT ON A HORSE HE WILL HAVE TO USE RAIPITERS ANDTHEY ARE GAY.REALLY GAY.Maybe ephaim would work. meh,mathew(fe7)as an assassin would work too.or jaffar.eh guy would be cool. maybe kent/sain. soren is a badass too.They may be sub-chars but sonia was the most black hearted souless person I have seen in ANY fe(the us ones)or even ff.so she would be cool

Rhyme

Smash Lord
IKillCauseOfVGs, I heard of a great move for Y. Link that supports his moves from OoT. The idea is to take that leaf he uses in the game and make it into an up-B move, where he either does a 3rd jump or something else for height, then floats in a slightly less predictable fashion, weaving back and forth like mewtwo's shadow ball attack.

Icymatt, G&W was unique, surprising, and an important part of Nintendo's history, I'll give you that. Weird, yes, but in a good way, I am leaning towards no. He moved in a rather odd fashion, he was slow, his b-up was hard to use, and he made lots of annoying noises. His spike was like that of Y. Link and Roy; hard to use and great lag time afterwards. Also I did not find him fun to use. His projectile jump cancled either of his jumps and was not powerful, and the element of randomness in his Judgement attack made it a nearly useless attack. Mabye it's the fact that he was among my worst characters in the game, but I just don't see him making it in.

I thought Mr.G&W was an awesome 'ultra-secret' character. He was weird, unique, surprising, he represented a very important part of Nintendo's history, and most importantly: he was FUN.

Anyone who puts his 2Dness or lack of 'evolution' as faults obviously doesn't get the character.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
The idea of Y. Link using a deku leaf as his up B sounds great. It'll help to distinguish him as a his own character, rather than just a clone of his adult self.

As for G&W, I'm hoping he's making it in, but then he is one of my favorite characters. I guess it's different for people who use him frequently.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
So when you guys say Deku Leaf to make Deku Link, you mean as Shiek to Zelda? Give Deku Link an entirely new moveset? (Obviously not a big OTT fan)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
His Melee spin slash wasn't that great in the first place. And we are talking about him riding a Deku Leaf like in WW not a Deku Mask to transform into Deku Link.

And to bring this sticky back on topic, Y.Link's chances aren't amazing, but if he gets in, he will DEFINITELY be "Celda".

uremog

Smash Ace
i think it'd be fun if they cut half the cast. i always like seeing new characters. it'd be even more fun because everyone would be screaming at them because they took out their fav. character and i'd just laugh at how angry they got.

Krian13

Smash Cadet
Spreading chaos and destruction thruout the land
His Melee spin slash wasn't that great in the first place. And we are talking about him riding a Deku Leaf like in WW not a Deku Mask to transform into Deku Link.

And to bring this sticky back on topic, Y.Link's chances aren't amazing, but if he gets in, he will DEFINITELY be "Celda".
Well considering that ylink is the "true link"(read his trophies)he'll definitly get in but maybe as an alt costume for celda or vise versa.

ps: For you who say ylink is a clone of link maybe he's not and link is a clone of him...

*X-Files Music*

Mr.Smash

Smash Apprentice
Yeha good point. I am all for the preservation of any character (except Ice Climbers because Ice Climber players are annoying). Krian has an excellent point though. What if Y.Link wasn't the clone?

GenG

Smash Lord
Y Link is the clone Smash-wise. This is stated in the webpage. The same with Ganon, Doc, Falcon, Roy and Pichu.

And the trophy doesn't say that Y Link is the true Link. It says that in most Link pre OOT appareances he was a kid, but that's it. However, most Links are adults (15-19), at least in the artworks. Just give him some freakin pants and I'll think about it...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Falco better return or I'll be angry!
I don't think we have to worry about Falco not making an appearance in brawl. Apperantly, Sakurai has been noted to have asked several american fans of the Starfox series who Krystal the fox was and what they liked about her. It seems that if Sakurai is interested enough in a character to ask gamers directly about that character, then that is good news for that character. Now for my point, why would they think about simultaneously adding Krystal and removing Falco if they are from the same series? It isn't as if falco was not a popular character.

P.S. Falco is my favorite I would be angry too.

IKillCauseOfVGs

Smash Cadet
I definitely think Falco's coming back. He's a pretty popular character and I don't really see any reason to take him out.

And to answer your question iankobe, Deku Link was the form Y. Link took on when he put on the Deku mask in Majora's Mask.

Sonicsecretcharacter2

Smash Rookie
Wazzup

:confused: Hey My names Lee. I'm new so I wanted to talk on these forums. I Hope Fox Mc Cloud and Falco definately return for The Brawl. DO you think they will add Sonic and Tails like the rumors were spreading in the first one?

woody72691

Smash Ace
fox should return i don't know about falco i think hes coming back but sonic and tails no no no no no they will not be in the game solid snake is enough

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
:confused: Hey My names Lee. I'm new so I wanted to talk on these forums. I Hope Fox Mc Cloud and Falco definately return for The Brawl. DO you think they will add Sonic and Tails like the rumors were spreading in the first one?
Sonic: Yes. Tails: No. Sonic WILL be in this game, it's inevitable. Fox will also return, Falco MIGHT (I'm not to sure on this guy :ohwell: )

Oh, and welcome to the forums Lee! I hope you enjoy your stay :)

woody72691

Smash Ace
how about sonic no tails no i hate both of them i just don't i say solid snake should be the only third party character till the next one if there is another one

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
how about sonic no tails no i hate both of them i just don't i say solid snake should be the only third party character till the next one if there is another one
How about you type proper English?

Just because you WANT Snake to be the only third-party character, does not mean he WILL be the only third-party charcter. It was published in an artical about how Taji Naka wanted to do a joint project with Nintendo, and Sonic was being considered to Melee. This idea was brought up too late in development (like Snake) and, unfortunately, had to be turned down (like Snake). If you already had plans to put him in Melee, why wouldn't he be in Brawl? Besides, he is a greately requested character, and is easily adaptable to Smash's fighting style

As for who should return, GAME AND WATCH FOREVER!

Top Bottom