• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Dominatorsheik

Smash Cadet
I aggre. But personaly, I know that Fox and Falco will Return. Also, of course, the Mario Bros., Link and Young Link(I have my doubts about Zelda), and Pokemon.

ActorElite

Smash Rookie
homsar said:
The only characters I wont mind leaving are Roy, Falco and Pichu. (I still love pichu, he just doesnt need to be in it). But the ones that HAVE to return are the original 12 and all the starters in melee.

why roy and falco?

i agree pichu...was the odd x-ter that i didnt understand ehy it was in the game....its a replica of picachu...roy and falco are bomb..adn cosidering they are on such high teirs i think alot of players would be upset. specially falco players....there are alot of them. Roy is simply cool and his playing style is great. he used to be my x-ter ( now that i think about it ...imma start playing him more)

heres a question no one can answer...just throw out ur opinions

If they get rid of zelda...would they get rid of sheik? or jsut make sheik her own x-ter....i have seen some kick butt zelda players.

ActorElite

Smash Rookie
heh true,

i love shiek and i love watching ppl play sheik. shes SO NOT technical but man shes bomb....tho i dont think it would create armegedon if she left. id miss her, but prolly get over it... if we were basing whos coming back and going off by "Coolness" sheik would definitly stay

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
LilNess said:
Don't even think about that, Ness is probably one of the best characters, he is just super hard to play, they better not drop him or skrew smash brothers brawl.
Dude don't even worry about it, he has been in it since SSB 64-he'll make it to Brawl. It'd be very unlikely to completely drop him.

Fullmetal

Smash Rookie
the ones that should stay in are pichu falco and roy but they should change there moves so those three wont be mirrors.

TAMASHI

Smash Apprentice
I think it's a possibility that Pichu might be on his way out...but that's just what I think, becuase of one main reason we all know-he hurts himself. I am 100% sure all of the primary characters, such as the ones you start out with in the game and don't have to earn, will be coming back (Mario, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, etc) It might be a possibilty that they may get rid of some clones, too.

Time to play the waiting game...=/

Rikitikitimbo18

Smash Cadet
i dont think that anyone is going to get booted they are going for 48 chars and why would they kick out chars that would only piss off fans i think they are just going to change the moves of chars

icymatt

Smash Lord
Where'd you hear 48? You know, it's a lie.

What isn't a lie, however, is that they ARE removing characters.

Bull37

Smash Cadet
what if they make mario able to transform into doc,like zelda can turn into shiek? probably not though but what if? i know why not so dont tell me

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Give Mario Doc's attacks, and axe Doc. Get rid of Pichu. Luigify Falco Dorf and Y. Link. If not, cut them. Cut Roy as he was used only to promote FE6. Everyone else should stay, maybe change them a little.

Rikitikitimbo18

Smash Cadet
theres plenty of things

theres alot of things they could do but remvoing chars is not one of them they could just end up making alot of chars one like making fox be able to call falco and use him or have y. link turn into older link like zelda does the one thing they are not gonna do is remove chars that would be stupid and most likely if they do alot of stuff like that u will be able to change pichu into pickachu they are going for 48 chars and thats that dont belive it but thats whats going on the reason they waited so long for this game is ideas and chars and to make it perfect they dont like to mess up smash bros games

DokturSea

Smash Lord
Well, the Big Twelve are a given. Of course they'll be coming back. And probably most of the new additions from Melee who you started with (Peach, Bowser, ICs, Zelda) will probably make another appearance as well. All the unlockables, minus Jigglypuff and Luigi, seem to be in the most danger. But I have four characters who I think are the most likely to get axed.

Roy
Pichu
Dr. Mario.
Game & Watch

They should Luigify Falco and Young Link and wipe Ganon's moveset completely and give him one of his own.

Kubba

Smash Cadet
It could be 48, heck maybe even more because they doubled the chars from ssb64 12-24 so who knows there could be a pretty good chance of 48

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dude SSBM has 26 characters if you count Sheik. And they said they are gonna aim for the 40 characters so I think it'll be around 38 I think... 12+26 makes more sence for me. ;)

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Roy will be cut because he was just there to promote one game. Pichu and Doc will be cut for being the same as the originals (stats not included). Y.Link should be cut for the same reason and also for GP. G&W or ice climbers might go since they have Pit to represent the old school nes games. What else.....Falco and Ganon will get new moves, Falco will get a rocket lancher(or some other new projectile) and Ganon will get to use his sword. Zelda will be updated to her TP look therefore eliminating sheik. The world will be a better place.......

DokturSea

Smash Lord
BIRDMAN22 said:
Roy will be cut because he was just there to promote one game. Pichu and Doc will be cut for being the same as the originals (stats not included). Y.Link should be cut for the same reason and also for GP. G&W or ice climbers might go since they have Pit to represent the old school nes games. What else.....Falco and Ganon will get new moves, Falco will get a rocket lancher(or some other new projectile) and Ganon will get to use his sword. Zelda will be updated to her TP look therefore eliminating sheik. The world will be a better place.......
Oh, sorry. I was unaware that you're name is Sakurai and you know everything that will happen.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
Oh, sorry. I was unaware that you're name is Sakurai and you know everything that will happen.
Since this is a debate topic I figured it would be obvious that all posts were opinions but since I was wrong let me make it clear for technical a**holes such as yourself. The following statement precedes the first sentence in my previous post.

I THINK

You feel better?

PriorityShifts

Smash Rookie
**** all you people are "Smash Lords" and "Journeymen" but you don't even know whats been confirmed?

Game and Watch and Ice Climber are eliminated, Young link is too to be replaced by Celda Link (from Wind Waker), Bowser Jr., Ridley, Wario, Pit, Zamus (don't know if she countsa as extra character, Samus will transform into Zamus), Snake, and MetaKnight are all confirmed new characters and 1-2 more non-nintendo characters are supposed to be added. They have to have appeared on a Nintendo console though, liek Snake was with the NES games and Twin Snakes for GC.

There, now all who read this are updated, and this isn't "I Think", it's fact from Sakurai.

And my rank is a noob, honestly...

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Don't tell me you take the rankings seriously, that rumor was false anyway.

Rikitikitimbo18

Smash Cadet
first of all

OLiiiiiOLiiiiOHHHHHHHH...Crab Battle...

you guys r dumb no chars are getting removed like i said thats a stupid move and for the guy that said heyyy the 12 from smash r going to stay ur dumb cuz u said jiggly and lugi are going away and they are of the 12 they are not gonna remove them from the game and then secondly they are not gonna get rid of other chars cuz someone will complain so u guys get over it and get a life

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Geez, how many times do we have to emphasize this? Some Melee characters won't be returning, definitely.

And yes, every character has his or her fanbase. That won't matter for some characters, however.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i still stand by my "only ax clones" idea

all you who bash G&W, can you honestly say you never have fun tossing pancakes (or w/e) at people? or getting that 9 on judgement.
and more importanly, the IC's are the most original character in teh game why would you get rid of them?

you guys r dumb no chars are getting removed like i said thats a stupid move and for the guy that said heyyy the 12 from smash r going to stay ur dumb cuz u said jiggly and lugi are going away and they are of the 12 they are not gonna remove them from the game and then secondly they are not gonna get rid of other chars cuz someone will complain so u guys get over it and get a life
dude, he said except jiggly and luigi (and that category would also include ness and CF) as being excluded from his statement

Kayesel

Smash Rookie
I would like for Roy to stay. Not because of his performance, but because of my liking to the game Fire Emblem. I enjoy playing as Ice Climbers, they're teh back-up to my main (Samus).

Hm, I dont know, the only charatcer that i would be fine without is Ness. He's not competitive or fun to play as, IMO.

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
@Rikitikitimbo18...

Ummm... Yeah, I think you're the dumb one. Sukurai has confirmed that some characters won't be returning.

This came directly from Samurai Panda's translation thread:
Sukurai said:
"Sorry. I'm not very smart but I can't tell a lie so I'm just going to write it.
As for the previous game's characters, some of them will disappear. Definitely.

For the last game, we struggled to assemble 26 characters. We tried really hard and unintentionally reached that number.

But, although you'll see characters from the last game, this time, on a significant scale [Yes, this is exact], they will be remade. It is this sort of thing [This sentence is slang, so there really isn't a good English translation for it].

For argument's sake, no matter how much staff there is, with just manpower we can’t just put in everything, and as my own job [read: workload] does not decrease, there is a limit.

But, the consumer’s desired things to be included [There really isn’t a good English equivalent for that word] are weeeeell understood. You will be [he doesn’t give a subject to the sentence, so I’m using ‘you’] happy regarding the adapted characters moving around on different stages as well [The email he is responding to complained about how there are only 3 ‘fair’ stages in SSBM].

DokturSea

Smash Lord
BIRDMAN22 said:
Since this is a debate topic I figured it would be obvious that all posts were opinions but since I was wrong let me make it clear for technical a**holes such as yourself. The following statement precedes the first sentence in my previous post.

I THINK

You feel better?
Oh so you're NOT Sakurai? Oh. Yeah, I guess Sakurai wouldn't be so arrogant or pissy, so yeah, nevermind.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
DokturSea said:
Oh so you're NOT Sakurai? Oh. Yeah, I guess Sakurai wouldn't be so arrogant or pissy, so yeah, nevermind.
Not really arrogant or pissy. Just annoyed when someone initially takes something out of context when they didn't even have a point to make.

Anyway, I also "think" they will add three mario characters, two more pokemon, one more LOZ character, and a partridge in a pear tree. Maybe not the last one :)

therealink

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'd have to say I would like to see all the originals and melee starters transfer into SSBB, but some characters may become worse even tho I wouldn't like to see it happen it happened to Kirby and Ness comin into SSBM. I think Pichu, Game & Watch, and Doc Mario are gonna go. But I would like to also see Roy in SSBR.

Top Bottom