• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
smashbros=fun said:
I would say all of the 25 characters in SSBM were good. The bottom three to me are Pichu, Dr. Mario, and Mewtwo.
not even! the worst 3 were mewtwo, DK, and pikachu

GenG

Smash Lord
Actually the worst ones are Bowser and Mewtwo, but they won't cut any major characters cause "they suck". They'll revamp the returning ones so they can be good and balanced.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
GenG said:
Actually the worst ones are Bowser and Mewtwo, but they won't cut any major characters cause "they suck". They'll revamp the returning ones so they can be good and balanced.
what makes yo usay bowser sucks? he was a kick *** character

GenG

Smash Lord
He is bottom tier, one of the worst characters to play as in the game, but as I said, he is a major one.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
i dont beleive in the teir thing its based on how popular the chara is. also bowser is strong way stron his only draw back is he is slow. but makes up for by doing good airial moves. i know they wont cut out major ones but peach just isnt needed in brawl. she awsome to have around but there are just better characters to have then her.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I don't think there are any characters 'better' than Peach that they don't already have. She is one of the most important characters in the Mario series, and they even made her fun to play as in Melee.

GenG

Smash Lord
Kurizu208 said:
i dont beleive in the teir thing its based on how popular the chara is. also bowser is strong way stron his only draw back is he is slow. but makes up for by doing good airial moves. i know they wont cut out major ones but peach just isnt needed in brawl. she awsome to have around but there are just better characters to have then her.
Tiers is based on how characters do in pro fighting. You can be good with Bowser and that, but's is extremely laggy, not enough heavy for being so slow and the moves aren't that powerful as, for example, Ganodorf, a powerful character but not that slow.

And Peach is a major Mario character. She is uncuttable now, like Luigi or Bowser. I can't think any other Mario character deserves her spot in Smash Bros.

kaid

Smash Master
Last I saw the tier list, Pichu and M2 were bottom Tier, with M2 above Pichu, and Bowser was bottom of low tier, with G&W right above him.

Now, I play M2, and I like him. He needs weight (he's listed as 280-odd pounds in the pokedex), a better <B, and possibly an improved jab, but I can still do things like juggle shiek and fair-chain the space animals to 60%+.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
His vB could also stand a lot of improvement. Maybe they don't have to be facing you, it could be used in the air, and have a little more range.

Anyway, the only characters that need to be removed are Pichu, Roy, and Dr. Mario. The reason for their removal isn't only that they're clones, but that they couldn't get into a Smash Bros. game on their own merits. Falco, Ganondorf, and Young Link could still have been picked for a Smash Brothers game with entirely original movesets. Pichu, Roy, and Dr. Mario couldn't, really.

kaid

Smash Master
For the record,M2's vB CAN be used in the air. it puts the target into their tumble animation. (if they are already tumbling, they get launched away)

And I've had luck doind shieldhop disable, wavedash-disable, and using it as an unexpected edgeguard.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
ok i know how important peach is and i ment any character id rather have a awsome new comer over having peach brought back. and the tier list is still a bunch of crap. ive done pro smashing b4 and did just fine with G&W and pichu. who ever put G&W under low tier obviously has seen anyone use him properly

Tomasiarity

Smash Journeyman
My opinion:
I think we could replace Ness with Lucas. They are almost the same thing and Lucas is from a more recent game. Or at least, give Ness a Lucas costume or viceversa.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Bring Peach back, shes essential to the Mario series (She is Princess Peach after all). I agree about seperating Zelda/Shiek, but I still think they could give Roy another chance. Give him new moves and change him completely, if he can't be done properly then drop him I suppose... but I really hope they decide to give him a second chance and change his moves and make him different to Marth.

bbb

Smash Champion
BIRDMAN22 said:
I would prefer that ness just gets removed.
..................... WHAT?!?!!?!

Ness is not that bad, and Earth Bound is one of the best RPG's I've ever played. Just wanted to put that out there.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
in my opinion, the ones who should go are:
pichu, doc, young link (because they were the EXACT same character as their counterpart, although i would like to see young link become windwaker link) and mr g&w. maybe ice climbers, but i don't care if they get the boot or not.
i would also like to see jiggly and ness get the boot, but they are part of the original 12 so they probably won't.
give roy, ganon, and falco a new moveset or luigified moveset as well, especially give ganon his huge sword.

bbb

Smash Champion
I can't believe my ears..err..eyes! How do you not love Ness? Look at his head, it's huge!

On a more serious note, all his ariels frickin' own.

Ennui

Smash Rookie
I noticed here people call for the removal of young link- and while pichu the prepubescent pikachu gets his day in court in the form of a few isolated defenders, the true warrior of time is not warrented even this.

Please, consider.

"young link" is the true link, here- he has been in every zelda game to date, whereas Adult Link (As he should properly be known- our hero should be known simply as link, and hereafter will be referred to as such.) has been so far in only a little over half of one game, twilight princess not withstanding.

Not only that, but do not see things in such a shade of black-and-white. While you may not fancy a character, that doesent mean others dont. His removal truly benefits you nothing, but it will hurt others who like him. I think the case for kicking out a characer is about ten times graver and harder then the case for putting one in. Removal would have to require overwhelming (irrational) negative response by the players, to such a degree it outways his supporters.

It is true that the upcoming zelda game represents a new look for the warrior of time- but young link still represents the vast majority of the series, and the character we all played as we fell in love with the games. Nostalgia value sent us ice climbers, and yet it cant keep young link?

If you complain that he is a clone- so be it. The new link will be a twilight princess link, will he not? Render unto him twilight princess effects, therefore. Give him the ability to change into a wolf, if only briefly for a forward B attack, give him a clawshot instead of a hookshot, remove his boomerang, and keep young link as our..well, link to the character's past.

I personally will not buy the game, or the wii, if young link is removed.

Ennui

Smash Rookie
An unholy cel-shaded abberation from what is healthy, to be left at the cliffs of a rocky shore as the spartans of yore would do with their unfit children.

Although, I recognize he has his fans, and I dont want to see them excluded. And as his move list should be identical to young link's- make it an outfit change. Why not?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Here's how I see it

99.9%
1. DK
2. Yoshi
3. Fox
4. Luigi

95%
5. Captain Falcon
6. Ness
7. Jigglypuff

90%
8. Peach
9. Bowser
10. Zelda
11. Marth

80%
12. Mewtwo
13. Ganondorf(new moveset)
14. Ice Climbers

70%
15. Game and Watch
16. Falco (Uniqe or Luigified moveset)
17. Sheik

50%
18. Young Linl(Uniqe or Luigified)

25%
19. Roy

10%
20. Pichu

5%
21. Doctor. Mario

icymatt

Smash Lord
They should keep Young Link...but it should be the Windwaker version.

The way I see it, they updated Adult Link to match his latest game, and they should do the same to Young Link. Besides, they could pull lots original moves from Windwaker.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Why does it always come to this. The same character does not need two different representations. Doc should not return, young link should not return, and although it is not the same characters pichu should not return. Given the insanely high fanbase there might be a WW version of young link instead of the regular. Fine, I just hope he gets new moves so he can be somewhat more original

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
Although this thread is about "returning characters" it seems to be easier to just list the ones you don't see coming back...but I'm not going to list the ones everyone else is, even if I agree, just because that's redundant.

1) Marth & Roy

We've had several new FE games released both in and outside of Japan and it now has a large fanbase here in the states. Some of the characters from the newest 3 titles need to get in, and the old ones should, despite awe4someness, stay with just Melee.

2) Sheik

If Adult Link was updated to his Twilight Princess form, so should she. Sheik was only in one game as a supporting role, and doesn't at all represent the Zelda series - and there's pretty much no way they'd revive her in Twilight Princess for whatever reason.

Also, I would like to come to the defense of a few characters.

Mewtwo is quite possibly the best known Villain Pokemon of the series, and is pretty cool as far as Pokemon go (I'm not a huge fan), so all he needs is a bit of change and he'll be great.

Calling him a Samus Clone is ridiculous. He's more like Zelda than Samus, by far.

Doctor Mario, despite all things, is really a good character. Some people much prefer having a slowed down, more powerful Mario, even myself at times. Though, I will say more needs to be done to make him different.

Falco...well, maybe he can go.

Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers will not and should not go. Ever. I don't play as any of them really ever, but fricken...come on!

Also, I think that Young Link should take on one of two forms -

- A model based on Wind Waker / Four Swords / Minish Cap
- A "classic" approach based on A Link to the Past.

Though he's just a clone, I also enjoy switching between both Links (and I do well with both) because one does better agaisnt some characters than the other. It's almost like Zelda and Sheik, but without in-game transformation...gosh, maybe Link should've been able to switch between ages during battle.

Ennui

Smash Rookie
If you say the same character does not need two representations- Fair enough. Remove adult link. He's superfluous and does not represent the zelda series in its entirity or even in a signifigant minority.

Making young link windwaker link not only turns the hero of time away from his heritage in the entire series, (Not the most apt thing for a nostalgic game, mind you..), but upsets those who could not stand the cel-shading.

That said, it seems simple enough to make it a costume issue.

smashbros=fun

Smash Apprentice
Duopierce said:
Although this thread is about "returning characters" it seems to be easier to just list the ones you don't see coming back...but I'm not going to list the ones everyone else is, even if I agree, just because that's redundant.

1) Marth & Roy

We've had several new FE games released both in and outside of Japan and it now has a large fanbase here in the states. Some of the characters from the newest 3 titles need to get in, and the old ones should, despite awe4someness, stay with just Melee.

2) Sheik

If Adult Link was updated to his Twilight Princess form, so should she. Sheik was only in one game as a supporting role, and doesn't at all represent the Zelda series - and there's pretty much no way they'd revive her in Twilight Princess for whatever reason.

Mewtwo is quite possibly the best known Villain Pokemon of the series, and is pretty cool as far as Pokemon go (I'm not a huge fan), so all he needs is a bit of change and he'll be great.

Calling him a Samus Clone is ridiculous. He's more like Zelda than Samus, by far.

Doctor Mario, despite all things, is really a good character. Some people much prefer having a slowed down, more powerful Mario, even myself at times. Though, I will say more needs to be done to make him different.

Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ice Climbers will not and should not go. Ever. I don't play as any of them really ever, but fricken...come on!

Though he's just a clone, I also enjoy switching between both Links (and I do well with both) because one does better agaisnt some characters than the other. It's almost like Zelda and Sheik, but without in-game transformation...gosh, maybe Link should've been able to switch between ages during battle.
I agree with the Ness, Mr.G&W, and IC thing. Those are some of my favorite characters!

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Duopierce said:

1) Marth & Roy

2) Sheik

I agree with mostly all of this... except for how about switching Dr. Mario and Falco. Dr. Mario should just be a costume and Falco should get Luigified. If people want a slower, more powerful Mario, then just change Mario. Falco is like Fox's partner, sorta like Luigi is to Mario and he is more important than Dr. Mario.

K-Cow

Smash Cadet
DiamondFalcon said:
Falco is like Fox's partner, sorta like Luigi is to Mario and he is more important than Dr. Mario.
I agree. Falco should return but perhaps have a more unique moveset [as was the case with Luigi].

Duopierce

Smash Rookie
I really just said that because I have been pwned by way too many Falco's. Not only that, but while my Fox is really awesome, my Falco just...argh. I can't use him.

So yeah, he probably should be luigi'fied. I admit it.

Vicious Delicious

tetigit destruens
Switch FC
SW 0141 8170 9257
Characters for Brawl (personally)

Mario: Confirmed
Pikachu: Confirmed
Link: Confirmed
Kirby: Confirmed (yay:))
Wario: Confirmed Newcomer
Solid Snake: Confirmed Newcomer
Zero Suit Samus: Confirmed Newcomer
Pit: Confirmed Newcomer
Metaknight: Confirmed Newcomer

Now characters for Brawl and why...

Luigi: Needs to be secret character, just like SSBM and SSB. Plus, he's Mario's bro
Yoshi: Was a default in SSB and SSBM
DK: Was a default in SSB and SSBM
Fox: Was a default in SSB and SSBM
Ness and Captain Falcon: Secret in SSB, default in SSBM. Either way, they were in both games
Jigglypuff: Needs to be secret character, just like SSBM and SSB.
Bowser: He's the ultimate villian and has been in basically every other Mario game. So why not this too?
Peach: Same as Bowser, except for the villian part. Plus, she's made too much of a rep already.
Zelda: She's two characters. Nuff said. Either her or Sheik.
Marth: Due to his success in USA (and being a non-clone secret), he needs a spot!
Ganondorf: Yes, but he needs a different move set.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Ennui said:
If you say the same character does not need two representations- Fair enough. Remove adult link. He's superfluous and does not represent the zelda series in its entirity or even in a signifigant minority.

Making young link windwaker link not only turns the hero of time away from his heritage in the entire series, (Not the most apt thing for a nostalgic game, mind you..), but upsets those who could not stand the cel-shading.

That said, it seems simple enough to make it a costume issue.
I wouldn't even argue this comment if this were a few months ago, but as far as the here and now, adult Link has already been confirmed. Which brings us back to my previous post.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
DK has not grown any less popular so I'm pretty sure he'll stay, same with yoshi
Luigi will be staying because he's been getting much more popular since luigi's mansion
Fox is one of the staple characters so there's no ligitamate reason to remove him
I think mewtwo will be returning despite being worse than he should he was still original
Capt. Falcon is one of my mains (Capt Falcon, link, DK and Roy) plus he's a good character so he should stay.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I do not want to see Falco go,so they should Luigify.The moves to be changed:UpB,and side B.
UpB:Charges MUCH faster than the firefox.Falco flaps his arms/wings and is surrounded by a blue aura like the firefox.Greater range than his previous UpB
OverB:Like his old overB,but slower with more strength and range,and a lessened charge time.Pushes forward with one foot into a dash,and any enemy to get hit flies up from the ground,or gets spike from the air.Similar to the Falcon uppercut.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Bowser: He should have a better moveset, less lag and stuff like that, cant believe they did that to mario's worst enemy :p

Mewtwo: Make him heavier, better movs, faster, stronger and u'll have the mewtwo we always wanted.

Falco: Some SFA wepoans would change him completely.

Ganondorf: add the sword, some OoT attacks and u good to go.

The ones that GOTTA go:
Ice climbers
Pichu
Dr Mario
Marth and roy (replace for better FE characters)
Ness maybe

Crayer

Smash Rookie
I need Ganondorf........I need look çganondorf in the super Smash bros brawl...
Im Mexican...I dont speak english...jajajajajaja¡¡¡¡¡¡

Ennui

Smash Rookie
BIRDMAN22 said:
I wouldn't even argue this comment if this were a few months ago, but as far as the here and now, adult Link has already been confirmed. Which brings us back to my previous post.
It is true; adult link is confirmed. This is not a tragedy though- it only becomes a malision should true link not appear beside him. This is my contention.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I honestly, think everyone but Pichu has a fair chance of returning.

I'm pretty sure GW, Ice Climbers, Marth, Mewtwo and Ganondorf will return. and I'm only mentioning those that someone might doubt. Peach, Bowser and Zelda are definitely going to appear.

Falco might have been artistically defiled so he would become less popular, and people would favor Fox and Krystal.

Doctor Mario seems to have enough fandom to warrant his return.

Really the only ones almost certain to be cut are Pichu, and maybe Roy.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
ganandorf, link and zelda are the 3 triforce characters, none of them will go. mewtwo wont, i dunno about ice climbers and GW and dr mario

im sure pichu will go, noone likes the pichu brothers in the anime and everyone is over baby pokemon

Top Bottom