• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official "Who is going to return?" topic

MonkeyMan

Smash Journeyman
Man if they get rid of YL I'll cry, he's my fav., (although he's not my best character) the young one must stay! His projectile's are so much better and OL is too slow the only moves that really makes him better then yl is his Up B on the ground and his hook shot reach. i mean Link has over all stranger air attacks but its not by much i think. go on past a hate bout my views on OL T-T i know i don't know **** bout him cuz i hate to play him

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
-I think we'll see YL in Brawl one way or another. Technically, he is the original Link, but whatever. Although the Celda/Bowser Jr/Ridley package was proven false, I wouldn't count Celda out. He is the official new look for YL. He's in a bunch of games starting with the hit Wind Waker. He goes on to Minish Cap, Four Swords, and is coming out with the WW sequel on DS: Phantom Hourglass. So, I wouldn't count him out. But old-school YL is probably going bye-bye.
-The original 12 are coming back.
-IC are unique, so that's the only reason I think they might stay, they really don't have any other reason of staying in, so they're 50/50.
-Pretty sure Peach is coming back, but not the one we know, I feel an entire new moveset is falling upon her pretty little shoulders.
-Bowser is also 50/50. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept him out just because they couldn't give him a good moveset. His Neutral B and UpB were the only moves that are worthy of just being recognized. His DownB makes no sense since he shares it with a creature 1/100th the size of him[exaggeration, but you get the point] and his ForwardB is just an extended grab or upspike.
-Shiek has a huge fanbase, but mostly because she's really good. 35%
-Falco. big fanbase, but again like Shiek. He's either being replaced by Krystal [NOT Wolf] or granted the honor of being Luigified, proving he has passed The Gauntlet. 50/50
-Zelda. Oh Yea....
-Ganondorf. Probably getting his own moveset. 70%
-Marth is in a unique position. He is the original Lord of Fire Emblem, so that title could give him a spot. But from what we know so far, the castle is PoR. So unless they only add Ike and keep Marth, I'd expect Ike to replace him. 40%
-Roy, Roy, Roy....Oh Boy, he was in for promotion. Now, when characters become popular, they get voted, and when people win votes, they win things, sometimes positions, or a spot on the roster. And how do characters get popular? Promotions baby! Basically depends on how well FE6 did, is my guess.

Omeganon

Smash Apprentice
but what's the deal against Dr. Mario, he's great as mario or greatest than him, he's really good and powerful, pichu is very very useless, and mewtwo it's horrible the moveset, the weight, it's a character useless, and roy it's great too, the point is that the people that post this things against Dr. mario were very bad besides him and what's better that take him out?

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Omeganon said:
but what's the deal against Dr. Mario, he's great as mario or greatest than him, he's really good and powerful, pichu is very very useless, and mewtwo it's horrible the moveset, the weight, it's a character useless, and roy it's great too, the point is that the people that post this things against Dr. mario were very bad besides him and what's better that take him out?
DR. Mario was good but he is just not needed scince he is a double character. Pichu wasnt useless i rather have them kill pikachu off and just have pichu but that wont happen. Pichu was a million times better then pikachu.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I have a brilliant idea, just take the best from Mario and Doc Mario and put it into Mario. Then everyone will be happy, this should be done for Pichu and Pikachu too.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Who's gonna get the ax?

Pichu (as much as I hate it) and Dr. Mario will get it for sure.

Why Pichu? He's the worst character in the game, and he's too similar to Pikachu. "But OMG MEW2 is teh wurst look at ze tiers LOL!!!!!!!111one" No. Pichu is the worst, and you know it.
...and why Dr. Mario? We don't need 2 Marios. Make him a costume- problem solved.

Who's going to get revamped and then return?

Bowser (Less lag, please)
Mewtwo (More weight, please)
Ganondorf (Luigify)
Young Link (Luigify, then cel-shade)
Falco (Luigify)
Kirby (SSB64, please)
Zelda/Sheik (More dependent on eachother, please)
Marth and Roy (Cooler attacks, please)
Yoshi (SSB64, please)

Who's returning first thing?

Everyone else.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You forgot Ness and Yoshi with SSB64, please.

Marth doesn't need projectiles, it wouldn't make sense if he had projectiles because the only weapon he uses is a sword.

Roy needs the axe.

Ganondorf needs the sword(s), not luigified.

There's a lot more.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
No, I did not forget Ness for SSB64. He doesn't need it. Anyone who hates Ness because "he wuz 1337 in 64 and nURfd in Melee" is an idiot. How many times do I have to say this?

Melee Ness is fine the way he is!

64 Ness *****, sure, but he's BORING. How much does it honestly take just to be good with Melee Ness and still ****? I'm sure you could pull it off as long as you have some decent skill.

Melee Ness >>> 64 Ness

All melee Ness needs is his old and godly spike and his old recovery and he's set, but it's not enough to put him in the "Who's going to get revamped and then return?" list. THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS. Say it with me: THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS. Repeat: THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS.

Have a nice day.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You just pointed out that he needs some of his moves from SSB64, which is basically what I said.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Marshigio said:
You just pointed out that he needs some of his moves from SSB64, which is basically what I said.
Excuse me? What you "basically" said was that Ness needs to be the complete way he was in SSB64. All I pointed out was 2 single moves, not an entire moveset (If you ask me, the old spike ALONE would make Ness top tier). If that's not what you meant to say, I apologize and suggest you be a little more specific in future posts. ;)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I didn't say he needed to be exactly how he was in SSB64, because most of his moves in Melee are how they were in SSB64. They just aren't as good, look at his air moves, they were a lot better in the original.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
Dark_Ness said:
Who's gonna get the ax?

Pichu (as much as I hate it) and Dr. Mario will get it for sure.

Why Pichu? He's the worst character in the game, and he's too similar to Pikachu. "But OMG MEW2 is teh wurst look at ze tiers LOL!!!!!!!111one" No. Pichu is the worst, and you know it.
...and why Dr. Mario? We don't need 2 Marios. Make him a costume- problem solved.

Who's going to get revamped and then return?

Bowser (Less lag, please)
Mewtwo (More weight, please)
Ganondorf (Luigify)
Young Link (Luigify, then cel-shade)
Falco (Luigify)
Kirby (SSB64, please)
Zelda/Sheik (More dependent on eachother, please)
Marth and Roy (Cooler attacks, please)
Yoshi (SSB64, please)

Who's returning first thing?

Everyone else.
how is pichu the worst? pichu ***** pikachu in everything. if pikachi wasnt already confirmed id be voting to kill pikachu and have pichu

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Kurizu208 said:
how is pichu the worst? pichu ***** pikachu in everything. if pikachi wasnt already confirmed id be voting to kill pikachu and have pichu
Pichu damages itself every time it uses electric-based attacks, plus it's the lightest character in the roster. Most anyone can KO him pretty easily in the first half-minute of a match.

kaid

Smash Master
An experienced Pichu player knows how to use his speed and priority to avoid dying. I've gotten pichu up it 170-odd% when fighting a non-scrub link.

Nevertheless, Pichu will likely vanish. He's a character with a limited theme to work off of, and that theme matches the series's mascot almost exactly.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Pichu absolutly positively SUCKS. Why would anyone feel the need for him to return in Brawl? All he is is a lighter and wimpier Pikachu.

Y Link will get the boot, and be replaced with WW Link
Dr. Mario will be eliminated, I hope, and Mario gets stronger moves
Ganondorf is Luigified and gets the cool sword thingy
Ditto for Falco
Roy and Marth are axed, unless Nintendo wants to release any old FE game over here, then Marth should stay.

ESAM

Smash Ace
SEFL representing samus in the sunshine state
what do you all got against Doc? If they get rid of doc they will make luigi like him again. And if they don't he will remain basically the same, i think. Roy i agree should go for Eliwood, Ike, or even Hector! An axe user would be awesome. G&W should go. Even though the game and watch was the first nintendo system, nobody in the new not crap video game system generations didn't know who the **** he was. Y.Link i also agree with. He was so much less popular than his older, better counterpart link. Even though Pichu is cute i think he should leave. And if you don't think he is cute use his thunderbolt and let it hit him. He cries and is so cute. :chuckle:

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Exactly!! By giving Mario more powerful moves, it would give Doc's fans someone to play as.

I guess G&W could go, he's cool, though, but I wouldn't mind if he got axed.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Calibur said:
Pichu damages itself every time it uses electric-based attacks, plus it's the lightest character in the roster. Most anyone can KO him pretty easily in the first half-minute of a match.
It's not the self-damaging that makes him the worst (because good players can just ignore that downside). It's his lack of range in just about every attack he has. I couldn't care less if he's suicidal. Most of his GOOD attacks don't do squat to him (the only 2 I can think of that do are F-Smash and the thunder jolt). I care about his lack of range in what he does.

Good Pichu players are also smart enough not to rush in and get killed in the first half-minute. The first WHOLE minute, maybe, but not the first half-minute.

People love him (including myself), but what's gotta be done has gotta be done. I'm gonna miss Pichu. If he makes it, though, I'll be laughing so hard.

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would be funny-because I have a feeling it will either be him or possibly G&W that will be #1 to go. Doc, I really think they should take him out-and fix the clones, as said earlier "luigify" them. Mario needs to have more KO power. Leave Marth, he is a very popular (for n00bs and not alike) so why sacrifice him? Just because he hasn't appeared and any American released games yet? Nah, besides the fact that his games may now be download-able, they could also make more F.E. games with him in them. It's not a good enough reason to boot him.

Dark Yoshi77

Smash Journeyman
Young Link, Ice Climbers, G&W probably won't return because there are too many sites that have mentioned it.

Dr. Mario and pichu won't return because they was a pointless filler character.

Roy probably won't return becuase he was just a worse version of Marth.

All others I see no reason why they wouldn't reurn.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Dark Yoshi77 said:
Young Link, Ice Climbers, G&W probably won't return because there are too many sites that have mentioned it.
That's been proven to be false. Until we get official word from Sakurai, any rumor that pops up here is to be considered false.

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Dark Yoshi77 said:
Can you say FALSE RUMOR? Ice Climbers and G&W have gotta return. They're very unique additions to the Smash Bros. world.

Dark Yoshi77 said:
Dr. Mario and pichu won't return because they was a pointless filler character.
[sarcasm]Dr. Mario and Pichu is a single character? How do you get'em? Do they play like Ice Climbers?[/sarcasm]
They were not "filler characters" more than last resort decisions, and they still ****. They're leaving not "because they was a pointless filler character (sic)," but rather because they're too similar to their counter parts.

Dark Yoshi77 said:
Roy probably won't return becuase he was just a worse version of Marth.
I'm don't even need to say anything here. The fact you even said this proves you're being an idiot right now. State a better reason why he won't return.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
i think there would be a good deal of sorrow if teh IC's got the boots, especially since they are the most unique character (imo)

doc and pichu need to go. mario needs to get docs power etc, ganondorf needs to not be CF's clone, roy needs to be replaced by a better FE character, kirby needs to get some of his usefulness in smash64 back as should ness...

iunno, thats i got for now

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
dj asakura said:
i think there would be a good deal of sorrow if teh IC's got the boots, especially since they are the most unique character (imo)

doc and pichu need to go. mario needs to get docs power etc, ganondorf needs to not be CF's clone, roy needs to be replaced by a better FE character, kirby needs to get some of his usefulness in smash64 back as should ness...

iunno, thats i got for now
Ness was just fine in melee.

ShadowWalker

Smash Rookie
Aids_Ninja said:
everyone should return more characters=better
Yeah, I agree with that. They already have the coding for all the characters, it wouldn't be much work to modify it and put it into SSBB in my opinion. Then again there may be more to it that I don't know. But I am sure adding an old character is much easier than creating a whole new one. Because I think the fact is that there is a fan for every individual character and any character that is not including in Brawl will create disappointment. Also about Pichu, I like him. He isn't one of my best characters, but for some odd reason when my cousin uses Fox on me, I can beat him with Pichu, but I have a difficult time beating him with Pikachu. SSBB can be like Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and have a bunch of characters lol. That just means more target test and more stuff like that, should be fun.

Bull37

Smash Cadet
i heard bowser and G&W were going. i like doc, but pichu can leave. and i dont think roy should go because it doesnt matter which pros use him it matters how much hes liked and were i come from a lot of people use him and like him. hes not like a marth but worse. his aireals aren't as good but lots of people dont use aireals that much when they fight. YLink is nice but WW link might be cooler except that i hate that game (WW). if they make Link TP link then they better make him a bit faster. I hope pichu leaves and i hope roy stays.

ShadowWalker

Smash Rookie
Dr. Mario and Pichu I can see why they should be removed, but Mr. Game and Watch is at least unique and not a clone.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
The two biggies I don't think should/will retourn R, Dr. mario and Pichu. Dr. mario would be a great idea 4 an alternate costume but not his own charactor! And as 4 Pichu, he's just way to similar to Pikachu. Thrown in some other pokemon instead. ALOT of poeple seem to have better ideas, and theres like what, over 350 other pokemon? Marth and Roy seem to be leaning either way, they could be removed for other Fire Emblem chars (the newer and/or the popular) , but there so popular from melee that they might retourn ( maby just 1 of them, probly Marth). Young link should either retourn with more differences or be replaced with his modern day counterpart Celda link (They changed the older Link's look to the twilight princess one).Then finaly theres Ice climbers and Mr. GAW. Personaly, they should retourn because they add thier unique qualities to the game ( plus there not clones). Other than that I think everyone else should retourn 4 Brawl ( and for some, hopefully with a different move set/attributes)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I'm 99% sure that the characters that have been appearing since smash64 will stay.
And originals like Bowser, Peach, Zelda/Shiek etc.

But I'm worried about clones, I'll miss Falco, Ganon and Doc.

...........later

Rebel

Smash Apprentice
The only clones I want to stay are Gannondorf and Falco. I want their moves to change but at the same time I don't. I mean I don't like the idea of the mas clones, but now that they've been clones already some people will be butt-hurt when they are near completely different.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
Rebel said:
The only clones I want to stay are Gannondorf and Falco. I want their moves to change but at the same time I don't. I mean I don't like the idea of the mas clones, but now that they've been clones already some people will be butt-hurt when they are near completely different.
Yay, I hope Ganondorf and Falco return. And, u know if is real that someone has confirmed Falco will return to Brawl??? I don't know in which topic I did read that, but is in this website.
Is that true?

Iggy K

Smash Ace
krlos F. said:
Yay, I hope Ganondorf and Falco return. And, u know if is real that someone has confirmed Falco will return to Brawl??? I don't know in which topic I did read that, but is in this website.
Is that true?
If Sakurai didn't say it, it's not confirmed.

LilNess

Smash Rookie
Albert Anastasia said:
Lol, I'm sorry, I have to laugh at DX for being so crude and relentless, even while being banned. Such audacity people have these days.

But let's see...I'm sure we can count on, more or less, the foundation characters of Super Smash Brothers to return, with the exception of Ness. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think a lot of people liked his performance in SSBM, and maybe Nintendo'll respond to that by either working a lot with him, or dumping him entirely.
Don't even think about that, Ness is probably one of the best characters, he is just super hard to play, they better not drop him or skrew smash brothers brawl.

Blazer

Smash Ace
G&W Is probably gone along with: Ice Climbers, YL, Pichu, and Doc. Roy wil most likely leave but, he is not as likely as the others. I like moost of these characters but you have to face probability facts. They're gone.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
you cant really say that for sure can you?

the IC's are the most unique players in the game, have a pretty big fanbase and are overall, very good there really is no reason to remove them, they arent a clone, they arent even close to useless. it makes it seem like no one wants a different play style if you get rid of them.

just get rid of clones (doc, pichu, roy, yl) and make the most popular clones different (falco, ganon)

i want to emphasize that nintendo should NOT get rid of original characters

Top Bottom