• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We have a pretty large scene near Seattle, especially around the U-District. (If you don't know, it's an area in Seattle surrounding the University of Washington.)

Our next tourney is this saturday, by the way, in Lynnwood, WA.

Most of our players hide their faces in the WA facebook group, but I threw up a link to your post so hopefully I get some homie assists here to help you out ;)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I am staying by the space needle so that is good news,thanx for ur fast response, i will talk to my father about the saturday tourney. just looking for some melee/64 and maybe meet new friends!
DONT GET GRABBED lol

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i can vouch for him on this, i saw gimpy lurkin too.
would i be welcome @ these weekly smashfests?
i always meet such good people through this game;)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I don't live in the seattle area so idk about the smashfests there, sorry

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Everyone is welcome at the weekly Wednesday smashfests. You've gotta be okay with people smoking though. Despite being the 4th of July, it looks like there will be plenty of people going. It's in Auburn, which is well south of Seattle.

1535 8th St. NE Auburn, WA 98002
Some people usually show up around 2, some people show up much later. Feel free to drop in, don't need an invite or anything.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
The smoking is actually a deal-breaker, it would distract me from the game and make me not enjoy the experience.
thanx for your response.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Respectable, Andy

but yeah GhllieShdeKnife, that's something you'll have to experience a lot of at smashfests here in WA. But if you go to the regional tournament (Gameclucks) you won't have to worry about smoking or drinking at all.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i dont think its fair to ask u guys to stop, i am on vacation so u wouldnt really be supporting the local community;)
i dont think i will be able to attend saturdays tourney.
i wish u guys the best tho
@ below ya i would like to play some 64 too;) i bet u could give me some dk tips ill try to convice my dad but this is his 1st vacation in 5 years and i want to make him happy

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
In Calgary, Alberta, Canada on july 21st(sat) there will be a tourney at the u of c.
If anyone from washington could make it that would be awesome.
please pm me for details and confirmation

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Well, in BC there will be a tournament on July 21st for melee and July 22nd for P:M. :p

If anyone from WA would like to come out to that, THAT would be awesome :p
(Although I think some/most of you guys will be going to IE Smash that weekend lol)

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Hello guys, I just moved to Seattle.

So what is going on melee-wise in the near future?
every wednesday i have a smashfest (were gonna start doing biweekly tourneys as well) in auburn. you are more that welcome to come :D

auburn is south of seattle, it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour depending on traffic, but if you dodge rush hour its not that bad at all

and CIZ! and the rest of the seattle jabronis get down here. i miss you guys xD

yo winston do you drive? and where in seattle are you staying?

theres gonna be a fest this wednesday that you **** hit up. might be difficult without a car tho.

i have no idea what i was trying to say that got ***'d but yea u should try and go to the fest.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I came to this thread to say that I just moved out here (Bellevue/Redmond) and I was looking to play some melee with peeps, but it looks like someone else beat me to it haha. But yea any players in the general area. I has car lol.

Also I would be interested in that smashfest on Wednesday. Do I just show up? Tell someone?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm more than likely not going to Blake's. I have plans that day now, sorry

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
yo winston do you drive? and where in seattle are you staying?

theres gonna be a fest this wednesday that you **** hit up. might be difficult without a car tho.

i have no idea what i was trying to say that got ***'d but yea u should try and go to the fest.
haha, unfortunately I don't drive, so there's no way I can make it today. I'm in the Ravenna neighborhood, which is slightly north of the University District, so it's in northeastern Seattle. 9th & 65th avenue NE.

I have work on weekdays and I have to use the city's public transportation to get around, so yea...

Top Bottom