• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

pandacheck

Smash Ace
i'm a mango fan boy and I know if there's anyone who can beat Armada its Mango, but like the commentators said, no more johns man you gotta prove your the best, results are results, if you don't put in work, how do u expect to stay at the top, especially in a game like smash, where the meta games always being pushed, so I say again, Armada's the best

thats like saying shane is better than me after beating me at like 2 gcs cuz i didnt practice (just an example). yea, armada won, but that doesnt mean hes the best.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
that would make shane better than you because you didn't practice so your not at your best, and armada's most likely been training to beat mango so at that point in time armada's gonna be the better player and perform better, no johns yo

everyone in there hearts and minds kno mango's #1, and in a game like smash you can only hold the thrown for so long, i'm not saying mango dropped off, but he's gonna have to be on point next time and win 3 of the next national tourneys in a row to get my vote back, he's still the best in my eyes just officially as it is on paper, armada's styling on the US

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thats like saying shane is better than me after beating me at like 2 gcs cuz i didnt practice (just an example). yea, armada won, but that doesnt mean hes the best.
at this point there is no valid argument that supports mango is better. you yourself said consistency is the largest part of skill, armada is more consistent,

I think mango's best is probably higher than armada's, but you can't really argue that mango is better anymore, I actually still believe he is, but mango winning is the only thing that would validate that point of view,

:phone:

at this point there is no valid argument that supports mango is better. you yourself said consistency is the largest part of skill, armada is more consistent,

I think mango's best is probably higher than armada's, but you can't really argue that mango is better anymore, I actually still believe he is, but mango winning is the only thing that would validate that point of view,

youre right, there is no valid argument. notice that im not arguing that mango is better either, i just stated my opinion. i also wouldnt judge mangos consistency off of not playing for an entire 2 months when armada prob practiced his nutsack off lol.

EDIT: actually theres 4 tourneys in february. best bout is on the 11th im pretty sure

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
yo, real talk, kline's wright lol Foos beat Juce and Eggz on the same day, probably RatKing or someone else who got top 10 as well, mad props yo
Kline's Wright Looooooooool

I still think mango, and hungrybox for that matter, can beat armada.

And tom brady of course. :troll:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
youre right, there is no valid argument. notice that im not arguing that mango is better either, i just stated my opinion. i also wouldnt judge mangos consistency off of not playing for an entire 2 months when armada prob practiced his nutsack off lol.

EDIT: actually theres 4 tourneys in february. best bout is on the 11th im pretty sure
oh,
it seemed like u were using that example of you vs shane as some kind of support.

but when it comes down to it, my money always goes on mango, sometimes I wish he would play gay just so we can see armada lose

oh,
it seemed like u were using that example of you vs shane as some kind of support.

but when it comes down to it, my money always goes on mango, sometimes I wish he would play gay just so we can see armada lose

i was just saying that that isnt really proof that hes (armada) the best basically. word

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Uhhh lets see I don't remember everyone's names/tag....

Pookie obviously
Jess
Josh Braun
Kline
BMellow
Oreo
Pookies roommates but they didn't play Smash.
Me

I think that was everyone.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
when is the next smashfest? I'm 4 days new in town and I would love to play some smash with a few peeps... get that Westcoast smash sesh in... I just got my car today, so I can drive anywhere! :bee:

send me a txt 407-925-9407

Sion

Island of Horizon
yeah, our hopeful ride said he can't make it. not gonna blame him, **** comes up.

unless i miraculously come up with a ride, it's looking grim.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
really? Can you guys ask around? We REALLY wanted to see you guys D:

xYz I'll hit you up soon yo. But for now you should know that we're having a tournament this Saturday at Gameclucks, it'll probably be about 30 people and you should definitely show up

yeah, our hopeful ride said he can't make it. not gonna blame him, **** comes up.

unless i miraculously come up with a ride, it's looking grim.
its cool if you cant make it. sucks tho =/

were having another tournament in february on the 18th that you guys should try and make it to tho. im hosting it =)

edit: fest at my place this friday btw. ill post it in a bit

MasterC

Smash Ace
FILTH^

xyz, come to otto's on Friday and we can fill you in with details on upcoming tournies/fests

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Man I actually can't come to any fests this friday, I'm hitting capitol hill with a friend of mine who's in seattle just this week... so xyz you should come to the tournament on Saturday too so we can play there ;D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I live with Ciz! I'm, like, free all the hours Ciz isn't. LOL

Well, I'm free basically after 3:30 but I can probably play after 11 on most nights too unless I have homework ****.

MasterC

Smash Ace
xyz, if you play with toph or ciz tell them to hit me up LOL

toph/ciz, if you smash with xyz make sure to hit me up xD

metapoke

Smash Rookie
Hello Washington!

I have just arrived in Redmond from Australia! I was just wondering are there many people around Redmond that play melee? Not the best but I would really like to play more and get better!

Also not sure if I am supposed to be posting here, sorry if I'm not.

Cheers

Top Bottom