• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Smile

Smash Apprentice
Syler, we'll have to see. If we do anything on Friday it will probably be the Smashfest.

But even if we can't make it I'd advise you go, it's a lot of fun.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
otherwise people should smash at andys if he is having a fest because its closer to gc.
You should probably confirm that before mentioning it lol
And 2nd i was planning on just having it one at my place with the south and puyallup and anyone else who wanted to come

@Smile: after reading kline's comment idk if you meant my fest or andy's or what
And are you advising me to go to gc? lol i kind of got confused by ur whole post.

Smile

Smash Apprentice
Go to the Smashfest(in Seattle) if Andy confirms there is one. Because if we go anywhere it will probably be there.

And we gotta meet our new crew member :O.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I mentioned it because andy has previously showed interest and suggested watching apex at GC.

I also said IF he is having a fest. He really should tho. Star Craft can be played at anytime and Id really like to try to get those new *****s at GC incorporated into our smash scene. It would be good if they saw ppl other than an angry black dude who plays m2. Everybody loves samus :)

ANDY *** HOST FEST(if its not an inconvenience)-GO to gc on saturday

Syler

Smash Journeyman
I c

Well if andy confirms, i'll go if the south goes, if not idk we'll see lol

And if he can't confirm should have it at my place if you guys want

pandacheck

Smash Ace
*** u all then, everyone wants to go up to seattle and play, funny tho, udub won't commute anywhere to us, thats hella gay, anyways puyallup, go to sylers, kline, go to sylers, everyone go to sylers, learn to commute to other players, gettin sick of always having to go outta my **** way to see u mofo's, u say u wanna get the smash community going, then show everyone ur willing to travel, sure everyone in the south ain't on udubs playing level except syler, but ****, u could at least comeout to us and play sometime, ****s annoying, so much for the smash community growing, i grow tired of this crap

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
im not un willing to commute. lynnwood is north tho.

tourney has priority. im done smashing just to say it was fun.

im playing to get better and place in tourneys. vish/teddy are going down.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
lol at anthony's posts, though it's true for the most part

@kline: i hear what ur saying but if ur talking specifically about this weekend it's another reason you should be playing the south, you play udub enough and otto and shane are oos. Besides tbh idk if you could beat 2 of them or not, it would be a good exp/change and you guys could mm or tourney the ****.

As far as the acutal tourney goes i have to agree with that.

P.S. if ur comment wasn't specificially for this weekend then disregard my comment.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im not worried about you, king zulu, oreo, or b mellow.

if it turns out you can beat me or are better than me then so be it. I don't care who is better than who anymore, if you aren't playing to get better there is no point. if you aren't coming to the tourney it still doesn't matter. same goes for vista.

and I wanna mm phong and gage.

im trying to beat juce vish and teddy.

I meant just this weekend. andy is more likely to go and his spot is closer.

if you guys are going to the tourney (puyallup or zulu crew) im down to smash south. I probably won't have a car and would have to bus, seattle is closer to gc.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
*** u all then, everyone wants to go up to seattle and play, funny tho, udub won't commute anywhere to us, thats hella gay, anyways puyallup, go to sylers, kline, go to sylers, everyone go to sylers, learn to commute to other players, gettin sick of always having to go outta my **** way to see u mofo's, u say u wanna get the smash community going, then show everyone ur willing to travel, sure everyone in the south ain't on udubs playing level except syler, but ****, u could at least comeout to us and play sometime, ****s annoying, so much for the smash community growing, i grow tired of this crap
for what it's worth, if i had a car in washington things would be WAY different

in hawaii i used to drive 45 minutes there-and-back out of my way to pick people up, and i would've driven down to smash with you guys had i the chance

most of UW is just usually busy/not very good at managing their time (no offense Andy LOL but you know how it is with da fake studying)/not interested in playing with other people or expanding the scene (stefan, andreas, lorin, jesse)

edit: you guys shouldn't give Kline ****, either, he used to (still does? idk?) bus hella far to smash/hang out

Syler

Smash Journeyman
i hear ya toph, i know kline travels hella far to **** goes out of his way etc. cuz i've been in the same boat and i think we have that common understanding. As for some of the other guys it's one thing or another and im not goign to try to say more crap that wont fix things, but i guess you can say time management or other reasons that prevented them traveling some of them not being legit lol.

@kline i hear what ur saying too, but hear me out i meant what i said in the context that playing the south would help you improve and there's at least a few people ur skill lvl if not better. And as far as playign serious or to get better, no offense but u were the one that "wasn't trying" even if they were mm's, tournies, or otherwise (take it how you want it, just sayin) im sure everyone else knows what im talking about. Either way i don't think ur have to worry about playing people who aren't there to help you improve.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
nah its definitely not legit LOL I wasn't trying to john for UW. i call UW not legit like, every chance I get

edit: cuz theyre not legit haha

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
wait, so whats this i hear about carpooling to a smashfest in seattle, is anyone invited? i'd like to go if thats fine with you guys :)

pandacheck

Smash Ace
kline / puyallup = dont wanna get there **** pushed in, lol, anyways u think u dont care about who's better lol, i really dont care about who's better, i just want more peeeps to play with, but i wanna play phong again so PHONG come to SYLERS so we can MM and just chill

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I feel it syler. im not saying I don't want to play with you guys cuz you know I do probably more than anyone.

but I was only concerned with people going to the tournament saturday. nothing personal. I just don't wanna smash for no reason anymore.

I didn't mean you guys don't play to get better. sorry, its what I said but not what I meant.

its like everyone has crazy johns all the time. we should all just stop. its like the only legit smasher here is otto. shane too but his heart isn't in it. and toph's heart is literally in japan.

im just more frustrated I guess. I don't see why we are having discussions about which smash fest people are going to. whats more important is who is trying to enter a tourney. its stupid to get more people at toph's apt then our actual tourneys. why do we even play if we don't play for a reason. **** is ten years old, it can't be that dam fun on its own.

anyways back to the smash fest thing.we should be pushing people north towards gc. but I agree its not legit that uw only smashes in seattle. basically its only 2 people. the rest don't play much or go to tourneys. of course im not faulting andy for hosting. but if there was a fest in tacoma none of them would go. but on the contrary, all of uw has made it to a syler tourney but ive never seen zulu at gc ( maybe I just haven't seen it).

wa could be so much tighter. can we all just **** like we should. no more bull ****.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hrm.. I'm noticing a lot of action in Seattle. I work here every day, I think dragging my *** into town five days a week is rough enough. I see some stuff in Puyallup, but is anybody in the Olympia/Lacey area?

sorry i got to otto's so late vish =[
we'll party when i get back
emo$ is having his 21st birthday on the 9th
if im back im bringin erry1

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
whoa I always assumed emo$ was older than me

cuz usually people who are smellier than me are older than me

o_o

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@kline - im not going to john for zulu for not making gc, if he wants to tell you himself then that's fine. (From what i've seen though he has some legit johns aside from his rage posts lol).

And the whole crazy johns, its just the mentality of most smashers these days. Even in friendlies, probably why i like mm's so much now, or at least the idea of it.

As for the whole everyone going to seattle thing, yeah it would definately be more people overall IF the south wanted to all travel there that day, and seeing as there's only 1-2 real drivers and if they don't want to drive that far it's gg imo lol. Like i mentioned earlier if they want to go etc. i'll definately go with them, but if they don't want to be the ones traveling that far all the time, i can't blame them for that either. I could say some other **** but it doesn't really matter at this point. If they want to go it's up to them im not going to try to speak for them anymore.

Hrm.. I'm noticing a lot of action in Seattle. I work here every day, I think dragging my *** into town five days a week is rough enough. I see some stuff in Puyallup, but is anybody in the Olympia/Lacey area?
There use to be some people in that area and everyone quit cept for zulu, and i lived there most of my life till 3 years ago. J.B. and Cooper aka vox lives in yelm, and oreo and b-melo live in dupont, i believe those are ur closest players to oly/lacey.

whoa I always assumed emo$ was older than me

cuz usually people who are smellier than me are older than me

o_o
i lol'd at that, and ur previous 3rd blackest community comment, good **** toph

Ending Rant: So... i c there's still confusion on where we're playing and who's all going, Want to see andy come up in here and post.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
There use to be some people in that area and everyone quit cept for zulu, and i lived there most of my life till 3 years ago. J.B. and Cooper aka vox lives in yelm, and oreo and b-melo live in dupont, i believe those are ur closest players to oly/lacey.
Hrm.. I carpool there 5 days a week. What are their SWF names, or AIM, or MSN?

And of course I miss everybody around here. That's a shame.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Where you commute from?

zulu is pandacheck on swf

B-melo and Oreo should be on here if you look a few pages back though they don't post as much
the other 2 never post just usually talk by phone

Hit me up on msn: zeroz85@hotmail.com
we can talk there, it'll be much easier lol. I'll give you more info there.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I meant zulu crew not king zulu. I know anthony's johns. hard times I understand. I meant the rest of you never come to gc. for awhile nobody was going lol.

the south doesn't commute very much to seattle so no real reason to complain about it. you haven't tried to host more than like 3 fests. this one is just the wrong weekend imo.

but if you guys, puyallup aren't coming to gc you might as well smash at your place. its alot closer lol.

I still agree with you when you say uw wouldn't travel. cuz they won't.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
As far as hosting fests go
A. i did hold group get togethers/mini fests at least every other week or every week before i left. which leads me to b.
B. i've been living in oregon since october lol

As far as i know (don't quote me on this)
With the exception of oreo/b-melo the rest were kind of were playing just to play while i was gone. Well cept maybe anthony too he actually strived to get better etc.
and god dammit im not suppose to speak for them, but that's just my PoV

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
you didn't invite anyone to these fests.

and I didn't count when you lived in OR.

I wish andy would at least confirm whether or not he is having one. hint hint

imo we should just make more of an effort to travel. and do more tourneys from now on.

even if it means something like lowering entry to 5. we gotta get more people into our scene.

B--Mello

Smash Cadet
we had fests at plu during the school year.
i posted something about it inviting people to come and no one did.
we(me and oreo) went to a GC one time. and tbh it wasnt worth two hours of driving.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@CAlvo-sorry to ignore you. When andy hosts smashfest up in seattle everyone is invited. They are roughly every other friday. GC tournaments are in Lynnwood and are approx the second saturday of every month. This is the thread to the smashfest-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278825 idk really know whats the dealio on carpools and such tho.

B-Mellow===Yea, I dont blame you guys for feeling that way lol. Two hours is a long way to drive for 10 ppl lol.

Whatever we do, September GC needs to be worth it and ppl need to want to go. ****ing return of melee kinda ****. Im gonna go talk to the lil new *****s who been going to GC cuz they just showed up randomly etc. Everyone should help me make a list of active smashers so we can get ppl to tourneys. So name or tag, the area they live in and a phone number or aim or something. Even main if you happen to know it.

I remember you mentioning PLU friendlys but it just kinda got lost and you didnt really remind anyone or try to get ppl to come.
people should go to plu tomorrow to play.
IF this is what you meant lol. Then I really dont understand why everyone didnt show up.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Where you commute from?

zulu is pandacheck on swf

B-melo and Oreo should be on here if you look a few pages back though they don't post as much
the other 2 never post just usually talk by phone

Hit me up on msn: zeroz85@hotmail.com
we can talk there, it'll be much easier lol. I'll give you more info there.
I added you.

B--Mello

Smash Cadet
that post was mainly to see if anyone was interested.
nobone really asked like the time or nothing so i just let it go lol.

lol @ making the entry fee $5. if you cant make $10 in one month theres something wrong with you. back when me and my crew sucked we ALWAYS paid 10 and ALWAYS had to travel to where the better players were, thats just how it is. you cant expect players who arent extremely interested in the game to go down there and play people worse than them (vish) lol. other people dont have cars or are kline lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
lol @ making the entry fee $5. if you cant make $10 in one month theres something wrong with you. back when me and my crew sucked we ALWAYS paid 10 and ALWAYS had to travel to where the better players were, thats just how it is. you cant expect players who arent extremely interested in the game to go down there and play people worse than them (vish) lol. other people dont have cars or are kline lol
no you misunderstand. I feel the exact same way.

but the suggestion isn't for people like me, it's for the 4-5 people who are cheapass jew ******s who think paying $10 to play video games all day is somehow expensive (primarily UW, and possibly half-brawl players as well) and I figure bumping attendance by 4-5 decent players is better in the long run than keeping the entry fee at a rate that scares off noobs. (in this context, stefan is a noob.)

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
good luck Washington, WC, and Canada at Apex. I heard Erics name is on team WC for WC vs EC USA, lul. If erics on there, u might as well add manuel as well. Crews are 5v5. Canada has Diakanos, Blunted, Kage, Unknown, and Raynex. Watch the **** OUT america, watch the **** out.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Ganon Guy doesn't enter singles at the GCs due to the combination of cost and the certainty of not placing in the money. I imagine that reducing the entry fee would get him and other less-serious people to enter regularly, and the game is good enough that a lot of them are likely to get more serious over time.

It'd hurt the incentives for good players to try to be good, though, but I imagine the remaining prize money and recognition would still be enough for them?

EDIT: Wait, it's already $5 for some people? I was unaware.

And yeah, good luck Otto/Shane/Eric/Manuel.

Top Bottom