• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea, I realized I didn't care. alot of my posts are for the purpose of pissing ppl off.

online im not hated, moderately respected opinion wise and sometimes a bit obnoxious and annoying. post count-who cares, I just post if I have something to say. @otto lol, its not all worthless spam.

back to kris-I wanna hear bout thus **** ***. I hope you slapped a few people with your big american ****!

youre only moderately respected opinion wise by noobs, if that lol. nah youre not hated onine, but nobody but you likes anthony online. not because hes a ****, but because he thinks hes funny when his jokes are worse than yours.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I was mainly referring to mewtwo ****. but I know a lil bit of **** lol.

anthony...lol, I don't dislike him online. I just know him a bit better than everyone irl. I just like the fact that he posts so it doesn't look like im posting so frequently. I laugh when I see his avi tho.

Oreodude

Smash Cadet
ZULU vs. Puyallup.
someone is gonna get *****. just saying...
When is this thing going down?
Gonna bring out my ZULU ness :)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
yea, I realized I didn't care. alot of my posts are for the purpose of pissing ppl off.

online im not hated, moderately respected opinion wise and sometimes a bit obnoxious and annoying. post count-who cares, I just post if I have something to say. @otto lol, its not all worthless spam.

back to kris-I wanna hear bout thus **** ***. I hope you slapped a few people with your big american ****!
haha np. I do the same ****, you already know. it's whatever

and I actually did. I got 1st seed in my 1st round pool, beating mach dash (who won the tournament, he sandbags in pools... and in bracket... lol) and s-royal (who now plays fox btw). somehow I got acclimated to FD only really fast (it's already my favorite stage <_< NATE!!!) and somehow taking a 3-week hiatus + practicing a lot, watching videos, taking notes and then smashing 2 straight days before the tournament made me play reallllly good.

I got kinda bracket ****ed and got 13th though. lost to TANI 1-2 (best player in japan) and Kentaross 1-2 (old school doc player, you already know)

next month imma get like 5th. :o

oh and I hung out with Kei (SKYPAL) all day hahah. he sends his regards to washington. that guy is seriously so tight, I hope he can visit WA again soon. he's really good at melee too, it doesn't surprise me that he beat bladewise in peach dittos when he visited WA in 2008.

edit: btw bombsoldier was actually never apparently like one of the best in Japan, it's just that, from what people tell me, no one in Kansai (west Japan) knew how to fight that brand of "Florida-style" aggro/technical falcos in 2005, Bombsoldier is from Kanto (east Japan), and bombsoldier got to the finals by having a bracket of only Kansai players lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
how big was the tourney?

also get recording equipment to get us vidz.

*****, GET ME SOME TIGHT MEWTWO ****. I want the tight looking mewtwo action figure thats soft. (not the ******** looking ones)****!

how technical are you lol, cuz I gotta be more technical than you.

Lovage

Smash Hero
cool stuff toph, what's the japanese melee community like over there? is it big? do most of the players play brawl also? are the tournaments for free?

and why the *** do they still play FD only lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
cool stuff toph, what's the japanese melee community like over there? is it big? do most of the players play brawl also? are the tournaments for free?

and why the *** do they still play FD only lol
lovage! :D the scene here is really tight. it's kind of on the level of a "larger USA regional community," like on the level of Norcal smash for example. japan's melee scene however is mostly concentrated in Kansai (Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe etc area) - the melee tournament scene is dead if you go east to Kanto (greater Tokyo area) as there are players, but no tournaments.

I would say only a small portion of people play brawl also, but for some reason the melee and brawl communities are, unlike most places I've been to in the US, really close with each other. like everyone hangs out with everyone. for the first time in my life I've been totally cool hanging out with brawl players haha. at least on the west coast of the USA, I find most brawl communities kinda wack, so it was pretty refreshing.

masashi is a brawl main now. :< but he's still beast at melee. playing him was kind of disappointing though - he's actually pretty technical now, like he uhh actually SHFFLs and waveshines and does things most foxes do. I was like, You are not the Masashi I know from Youtube T.T I wanted to lose to a Fox who could only fulljump nair LOL.

oh yeah, tournaments don't have a payout here. it's 500 yen ($5) to enter, and that's an entry fee only. At first I assumed it was a cultural thing, but I learned that most people would actually prefer to have cash prizes; it's just that for some reason or another cash prizes are ILLEGAL in Japan. I don't get it, and from what all the smashers said, nobody else seems to get it either, lolz.

oh yeah, and the venue is super nice - the only problem is, it's a City Hall building, so it doesn't seem like people would risk paying out monetary prizes under the table in that sort of setting.

FD only, man, I dunno. I actually don't have a problem with it anymore, and this is AFTER doing friendlies with Tani's marth for 2 and a half hours.

Tani, by the way, quit smash for literally half a year (to focus on school and mahjong lol. apparently he wants to become like really good at mahjong) - the last time he played melee was 2 weekends ago, and the time before that was 6 months ago. so he was rusty, but at the same time he still managed to kill off all grabs about as effectively as m2k. that dude's chaingrab/combo/edgeguard precision is REALLY ****ing high - the one thing I'd say m2k does better is that m2k plays a little more risky in certain situations where it would pay off, like, m2k will do an unconventional edgeguard that will work because you weren't expecting it, whereas tani edgeguards a little more by-the-book.

how big was the tourney?

also get recording equipment to get us vidz.

*****, GET ME SOME TIGHT MEWTWO ****. I want the tight looking mewtwo action figure thats soft. (not the ******** looking ones)****!

how technical are you lol, cuz I gotta be more technical than you.
LOL its all about zoroark now my *****, nobody give a **** about the tw0 anymore

...nah jk if i find some tight m2 **** i'll buy it for you lol. i already have a bunch of my weeaboo friends asking me to buy them like anime figures and **** so i might as well do the same for my mewtwoaboo friend

in terms of flash I'm not really that technical but I stepped my **** up on being consistent where it counts. I don't miss backwards waveshines out of shield at all anymore, so I can use running shine as an approach at will. REALLY ****ing good especially on the FD-only ruleset. practiced the **** out of my shines out of shield, and I can waveshine out of shield now (about 50% hit rate on shine OOS on the ground - gettin there, joe!). oh yeah, and I did my first backwards thunders combo this weekend. idk how otto, lovage and eggm hit that **** so consistently, that **** is HARD. lol what the ****. gonna practice it on CPUs more

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
all that sounds **** toph. im on my way to wave shine oos, I found i could wave shine from initial dash so its like the same thing but no shield.

I don't know any pokemon past 251 :(.

ive just been working on moving around the stage better, being able to control my characters better, i want extreme precision.

ill know by wednesday but I might make it to good **** german, hoping it works out. im trying to break out the 3. :-)

also, from the new djn scandal thread thats in tourney discussions.
he has yet to respond tho.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
haha zoroark is like the new movie pokemon from the 5th generation, there are a lot of zoroark posters in japanese 7-11s and such promoting the new pokemon movie

oh and otto

thunders is the 2nd fox ive fought who will end chaingrabs with run cancel utilts (into a kill) :D

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
did they like me and lovages video :3?
most definitely haha

edit: im bored at work with nothing to do today so i went to your house (otto) on google maps first person view lool

that **** is sick btw, it has my house in hawaii and everything

address is 1444 Auwaiku St. kailua 96734 go look my house up and go to 1st person view, its ****

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
LOL Toph thats so sweet. I'll look at your apartment and pretend only you lived there so I can remember the days of old (as i wished they were) :3

Japan sounds super ****in tight. I'm inspired to get good at Melee again. I'm terrible atm, so I have a lot of practice to do. I think I'm gonna main falco for a bit.

-eggz

idk why im on gage's account when im at grim's house >_>

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Oh god wow I had no idea who you were until you said "-eggz" LOL.

Anyway you have the benefit of already being good, so you got this :D

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
yea shane your fox is alot more you. falco isn't your ****.

but do whatever to get you back into smash. we miss you doug.

@toph-I was kinda happy that gage was getting back into singles lol(assuming he meant that if he was gage)

lol yea that too i guess kline, but mainly so apex isnt a waste in terms of melee like the last like 4 large tournaments

still gotta read tophs posts lol

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
in that case

im gonna **** you up when i get back

ha hahahaha

edit: haha i remember the time me and shane asked ciz who his favorite combo status person was and he was like "i guess otto, cuz he makes me smile" and it was hella homo

Jem.

Smash Master
haha. im done with brawl after this MLG season most likely actually. new halo comes out in <2 months.. gotta get my game on

- jem on jem's account, not to be confused with other smash/halo lover who could easily be confused with me

Top Bottom