• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i honesty don't care because I am down to go if im available.

I was just thinking we could get more people. I think we could get more than just 4 more people. to be honest it doesn't make sense to have 2 entry fees. we get *****es like stefan/andreas who are better or as good as people on pr. they won't pay ten just cuz they are good. its stupid to allow them to pay 5 in that case.

basically we should try to get more people. imo its worth trying to lower it to 5. if we can't get people change it back.

I honesty didn't think it was about the money at this point. if it is, then leave it like it is.

paff-are you going to GC saturday?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I honesty didn't think it was about the money at this point. if it is, then leave it like it is.
while I'm in no place to talk because I was never capable of placing in the money when I was in Washington,

I agree 100%.

it's interesting how the grass is always greener on the other side though. here in Japan, most people wish there was a pot prize and think that would stimulate growth in the community. in Washington, I feel like the opposite is true.

it comes down to who you're trying to motivate - the people who have a good shot at the money, or the people who are semi-serious about the game. if the former, then increase the entry fee. if the latter, reduce it.

I feel like WA is a place where the latter is more important.

Paff

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I'm going to be at home watching the Apex stream. I wish I didn't have to choose between it and GC. :(

I'll probably make it to a smashfest friday night though if there is one.

When's the September GC going to be?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
paff. Gc is a LAN center. they got internet. come smash. we are watching live stream there as well.

@toph yea, the latter. I really wanna get ppl to play more serious. im just recent realizing its alot more fun. I feel kinda bad because we had like 5 new people at gc and nobody bothered to talk to them. we just beat them in tourney and thats it.

we aren't making efforts to expand our scene. by the time you come back wa might be left with only ten melee players who are all really good.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I'm bringing my laptop to a smashfest here in Japan to watch the livestream, and you should definitely do the same at GC.

You can even get snacks/drinks and watch the stream with the guys, and touch each others ***** and ****.

Btw, getting new people is pretty easy. You just hit them up every now and then and tell them they're tight. I did that with Puyallup and now they're like an official WA crew that is about as good as we were 2 years ago. I did that with Paff and Ganon Guy too, I even smashed one-on-one with Ganon Guy at my place twice. Then I had to peace out tho.

You guys got this.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
lol toph good ****

As for the rest of the other posts looks like you guys already sorted out an idea and plan and i'd have to agree with it for hte most part.

@kline- hey mofo you bringing ur recording equipment i got 2 comps and a laptop we can record too, and if not i'll just have to get a vcr and a tape and do it the ghetto way.

And looks like andy posted and isn't having it as his.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hot ****, a guy from Olympia.

Anyways, looks like I'm joining Syler friday. Whoever is going can have fun 4 stocking me.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Hey puyallup you guys coming or not? and would be nice to have a messanger or a phone number of one of you listed here.

@kline- what kind of software exactly? cuz i figured we could just download it. Also if it's alright with you i'd want to record the crews, (mini tourney) and i guess some mm's for people to get hyped for and learn from afterwards. If you don't have enough space on ur laptop i got a 1tb hdd on my gaming comp and another spare 300ish gigs on my laptop since im reformatting to win7 tonight.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
stefan doesnt fall into the category of super noob, its based on skill. he pays 10
lol, not exactly. he pays 0. you know why he pays 0? because he doesn't go. you know why he doesn't go?

i mean it's either you refuse to take a blow to your wallet here and there or you accept that 20 man tournaments are better than 15 man tournaments

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Hey puyallup you guys coming or not? and would be nice to have a messanger or a phone number of one of you listed here.

@kline- what kind of software exactly? cuz i figured we could just download it. Also if it's alright with you i'd want to record the crews, (mini tourney) and i guess some mm's for people to get hyped for and learn from afterwards. If you don't have enough space on ur laptop i got a 1tb hdd on my gaming comp and another spare 300ish gigs on my laptop since im reformatting to win7 tonight.
See if you can torrent it then. Its called adaptec gamebridge(drivers) and interwinhome video is the other software to record.

@Otto-yea, stefans already made the argument b4. He already *****ed once or twice about having to pay ten when others paid 5.

that method is only good if we already had an established tourney scene. Ppl just dont have interest because other ppl arent interested. Right now I dont think its the ten dollar entry thats keeping ppl away. But its def not helping. there isnt even enough competition for a new player. They would get wiped easily. We gotta find more C!Zs to bridge gaps so we can have a connected scene.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
@ Syler, yeah a few of us will try and head down. My number is 222-1289. Can you send me an address so I can map quest it? And what time should we head over?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
@ndie- im going to assume that's a 253 infront of that number of yours, mine's 360-485-2075.
the address is 5426 57th street court west apt. H6 University Place, Wa. 98467

Or i might be able to meet up with you guys at the mall or best buy or something idk. depends how hard that is for you to find.

For the peeps that are coming from the south all you do is take the tacoma mall exit and then just follow the road for a good 7-8 mins and take a left and then go down the street and it's the 2nd apartment complex on the right.

Btw come by anytime just tell me ahead of time lol and you can also just call me michael

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Everyone should go to GC on Saturday. It's gonna be huge. There will likely be several Brawl players who will enter in Melee as well. It's already certain that we'll have some Melee-only entrants from Oregon and EWA.

Plus, it's a LAN center, so you can watch the Apex livestream.

Furthermore, neither Eggz nor SilentWolf will be there, so the top 3 placings are a lot more open.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Sylers fest was tight, nice playing all you guys. We'll be back for sure whenever you wanna set one up again.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
it needed my fire detector not to go off for 30 mins, and my doorknob being broken >_>.

@puyallup- thanks for coming guys, hopefully next time people wont be coming in and out and just be there the whole time, might even think about doing it on a saturday i guess i'll wait for input from everyone before i ever choose to do that.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
washington and arizona held it down this weekend. non-cali west coast is pretty ****ing good as it turns out. (especially arizona tbqh. axe and forward might be like, better than zhu now???? idk)

but

OTTO WHY DIDN'T YOU BAN BRINSTAR

WE HAD THIS CONVERSATION DIDN'T WE T___T

pandacheck

Smash Ace
*** u kline lol, better start using hand warmers so you don't john about not being warmed up yet SON!!!!! haha

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
LOL. I just got there. why would I be expected to be warmed up. anyway. come to GC next month guys

september 11th. We should push for a big turnout.

nDie

Smash Apprentice
Might be able to go to that, really been wanting to hit up a gc tourney but I always end up working :/

yo im gonna make an active effort to get you guys good so i dont hate my state
so hit me up when youre down to smash and ill come through
-eggz

Adam M!

Smash Lord
LOL. I just got there. why would I be expected to be warmed up. anyway. come to GC next month guys

september 11th. We should push for a big turnout.
NICE. pushing for a big turnout on 9/11. real classy.
its an emergency, my ***** dj combo is back.
LOL!!

i really hope DJ~C is coming back tho

i was hoping i'd learn more about otto by going thru his post history but everything is eggz posting on his account

lame

Top Bottom