• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

MasterC

Smash Ace
Was anyone else upset at Javi for going Shiek in game 1 when his team lost to Dmac/Vanz?

Game 2 they stomped em w/ double fox then get eliminated on Yoshi's for Game 3 :/

Also, Mango+DoH was kinda weak comparatively, I had more fun watching Plup team w/ Hbox loooooooooooool

EDIT: goodluck WA, you guys got this!! ^__^

`dazrin

Smash Champion
BC is looking to come to Febuary Gameclucks- nothing is confirmed yet, but it'd be nice to know if anyone is able to house us ahead of time. Please and thankyou ^_^

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Why does no one live in (easterly) Central Washington?
What chance does a just-okay player have of getting anywhere in a Washington tournament?

:phone:

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I mean, if your goal is to win the tournament, then you're **** out of luck. Absolutely a zero percent chance.

But if your goal is to meet people, play a ****load of good games, have fun, and learn, then 100% I guess lol.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Pretty much what toph said.

I feel like the best thing I took away from competitive gaming, when I was interested in it, prior to my 5/6 year hiatus, is having realistic expectations.

Understanding you will probably never be the best globally, or nationally, or perhaps even locally, but to give it your all regardless. Lose with grace, and take away as much as you can from each experience to do better next time.

In the words of the Tetris Grandmaster arcade machine. "Great job. But let's go better next time."

:phone:

whitemountain123

Smash Cadet
hey guys,

i'm a smasher from the boston + st. louis areas, but I'm in redmond till tomorrow night. Not sure if this is too late notice, but i'd be down to meet up to play with some ppl before I leave, given that i know 0 people in this state lol.

anyways, I play an OK falco, and I have a rental car so I don't mind driving if it's not super duper far away. but yeah, i could probably play tonight or tomorrow late afternoon/early evening. i'll make a post in the fb group as well

Edit: posting in the fb group requires me to be join (duh!), but I sent in a request. Not sure if you guys do most of your talking here or there

ThePrime

Smash Lord
come to pookie's smashfest tomorrow, it's in auburn shouldnt be too bad a drive from redmond just take 405 south or something

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
I really want to go to gameclucks, but I found out that its a long ways from me. I'm down in Federal Way and don't have a means of transportation. My friend said he wouldn't do it. I guess I should probably buy my own car and get my license so I can do things like this.

BladeWise

Smash Lord
There are actually a few players down in Federal Way. Would you be interested in getting a ride?

Also, there is a weekly smashfest on Wednesdays in Auburn, which is near to Federal Way.

Metà

Smash Master
code red code red

just got home to find harddrive missing. i think i left it in your room andy. that's where i saw it last, anyway. could you check? if it's there, somebody bring it to our tournament next saturday please

thank you

edit: also, good showing btw

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Hey Iceman thanks for the tips after that really close tournament set. I'm going to work on my grab follow ups and my edge guarding.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^ he says.

Also, great tournament. PM got so many entrants lol. $10 entry with 28 entrants was legit. Shoutouts to gimpy for housing me and otto and ben for letting me stay at tukhouse for a bit and getting me to the 150 stop to the greyhound safely. Good ****- hope to see some of you this coming saturday :)

Scarflame

Smash Rookie
Nice matches guys

Damn, couldn't make it this time or even last months, its more an issue with gas than anything else. I saw most of the matches though, and everyone seemed to be doing really good, especially with the newer characters

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Ok, so we should discuss possible rule changes for future GC's.

Possible changes:
Kongo 64 Off in Doubles (already Off in Singles)
Increase timer to 9 or 10 minutes
No bans in Bo5 sets

I suggest the increase in time limit because I had 2 near timeouts that could've prevented a close game from finishing normally:
me vs Shane went down to 17 or so seconds left on our first game on Dreamland.
and me vs Meta almost went to time first game on BF, too, but that is to be expected.

I'm pretty sure most people agree that Kongo 64 should be completely Off, but I want to know what others think about taking away bans from Bo5 sets (which was the rule for Apex). I personally prefer having bans, despite the fact that having FD against spacies would help me out greatly.

Top Bottom