• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
IMO, the no bans in Bo5 makes sense. Otherwise you have to not use DSR. It's basically a debate between whether to have DSR, or Bans in a Bo5.

We started doing the no bans in a Bo5. I like it, even as a lesser player who it is probably a disadvantage to. I feel like it's pretty fair to characters like Peach, Marth, and other characters that benefit from the lack of platforms in some match ups, and if you really are the better player, being forced to such a stage for one game shouldn't be an issue in the long run.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Definitely don't want to see a timer increase. I like bans, but I don't ever make it to GC BO5s anyway. No opinion on KJ.

So. . . what about swiss replacing pools? :o

BladeWise

Smash Lord
worst reason? nah. I'd think we'd want the games to end normally, rather than have someone camp the last minute or two to get that timeout.

It was Melee, Yakal. Fox vs Peach on Dreamland.

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
There are actually a few players down in Federal Way. Would you be interested in getting a ride?

Also, there is a weekly smashfest on Wednesdays in Auburn, which is near to Federal Way.
Sorry for the late reply, I've been pretty busy and wouldn't have been able to go to gameclucks anyways.

Where is the weekly smashfest located? I'm very interested.

Also I think my friends is more willing to drive me next month to gameclucks, so things will turn out better than I thought!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Bizarro Flame + Scar = SCARFLAME
flamescar imo
biscarro flame imo

EDIT: also increasing timer is bad - i'd rather have matchups go to the finish to, and 99.9999% of all the melee matches i've ever seen have ended just fine with 8 minutes and probably 60%+ of them in under 5 minutes.

the only way to make it so that people can't time each other out is to completely remove the timer, and that sounds awful

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I don't see how that's a strong argument.
If most matches end so quickly, what influence would adding another minute do to the majority of matches? I am mostly saying this because I can envision future sets with Shane taking about 8 minutes on Dreamland again. I would prefer they end normally.

I understand the arguments against it (heard plenty during Brawl days), but that's how I feel.

I think no bans in bof is ok as long as you can't go back to any stage you won on. Otherwise, bans, can't choose last stage you won on is better.

I think I'd prefer to keep the timer 8 minutes. If people are gonna make a match last 8 minutes I don't think they'd have a very hard time making them last another one or two. Might as well keep the gay matches a bit shorter.

Kongo off for everything

:phone:

C!Z

Smash Lord
No bans would be cool. I understand Teddy's argument with increased timer, and I kinda side with him on that one. **** that ****ty stage that shoulda never been on lol

SaggyG

Smash Cadet
SaggyG: 1535 8th st ne, apt b, auburn, wa.

Every Wednesday, people show up anywhere from 4 to 10pm, goes till dawn. There'll be a lot of smoking, fyi

:phone:
Awesome! I'll probably show up next wednsday, I got that day off. Also I have no problem with toking, I support it completely. I just don't do it.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Anyone else have the avatar glitch? I try to upload a new one and it just keeps putting my previous one on there.. Also why is the fine print on like your alerts just a lighter shade of the original color? These guys are ****in up

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I never seen the avatar glitch, but I'm using my old avatar so maybe that's why.

What do you mean by a lighter shade of the original color?

Lemme drop a like on you doe, I haven't liked any ciz posts on smashboards yet

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I think he's referring to the "watched threads" section. If you want to look at the threads you've already seen, you have to click a link under the unread ones. That link is almost the same color as the background.

i changed my avatar. **** was easy

yo toph it looks like maybe he backroom is gone. this is gay. ehh not that gay since my name isnt purple anyway lol

Metà

Smash Master
so, i have my next bc tournament planned for the 23rd, but it's tentative. would more or less people be able to make the 9th? i know it's kinda soon, but those are the two dates i can do

C!Z

Smash Lord
Ay GGs to everyone I played yesterday. I feel like I outreached to a bunch of people yesterday haha. Trying to help everyone get good. Look forward to seeing everyone next time.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
**** i missed going to to GCs man that was so much fun. i should be able to come to most if not all from here on out so im stoked. ciz being the mega homie lol

man new smashboards is wack rofl

FoosJr

Smash Ace
Had fun at gc, ciz ggs I'm not planning on letting your fox beat me again lol, gj on 3rd too. Oreo & Bmello(w)? good games you two, both took a game off me, good to see the falcos from the south are still leveling up. Silent Wolf ggs man, hopefully next time I won't choke so badly I might be able to get a game off you lol. Banana ggs man we'll get em next time in a teams mm for sure ;) Gimpy, Vish & Bladewise good seeing you guys again didn't get to play you but always a pleasure to hang out. Chip good job in teams and I had fun playin our friendlies hope to see you next gc. A carpool from Oregon is probably gonna come up for Gimpy's tournament so I hope to see all of you there.

Vista

Smash Journeyman
Vista likes this.

Edit: I can't like my posts on here. Greeze; I'm going back to Facebook lol. Nah but really, it was a lot of fun coming to GC and entering for the first time in like a year! GGs to everyone I played; hopefully I can keep coming every month :> Glad to see the community is still thriving~

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
That was just me quoting the smashboards like this cuz I was like, o snap, westballz came in and liked some ****... filty.

But it was irrelevant to me saying good **** to you, so I slapped a "also" on dat

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I didn't post it here yet but I'm hosting a tournament on the 16th at Another Castle Video Games in Edmonds!

Melee singles and doubles - $10 entry (2 of that is venue) for singles and probably $5 per person for teams

standard GC rules - hopefully we'll see y'all there!

epsiloN_of_no_love

Smash Rookie
hey I'm from Marysville and my buddy and I are really into melee and project M, do you guys ever get down on Project M at the smashfest in Auburn? thinking about coming up there today if its ok..

edit: found out the dealio with the NW scene, I'll see you guys at GC at the april tournament :) im oldschool so dont be too rough on me

also, I'll bring a wii with project M, can we possibly get a project M tournament going?

Top Bottom