• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
^ that would be sick to go to, someone from my highschool is in portland and hes been getting into smash down there so i would be down to head down.

also anyone in seatlle/up north, i think im going to a show on wednesday at Neumos so maybe i can get some smash in before? let me know

Jem.

Smash Master
i do the seeding for each tournament and if anything looks wrong i change it when the brackets done. i know how good chip is. also, i think its more likely that teddy was referring to toph.

jem you should just get back into melee. you know that ****s filthy and our scene is healthy and peaking like dam. i mean cmon
Melee is really tight, but I get frustrated in singles because I am one of the least technical players ever. (Which is probably why I'm good at Brawl since it's a lot slower and more read-based) I like to play doubles though. But being horribly out of practice + using up to jump with spacies and having to basically relearn it is tough. Plus I dont practice smash anymore and I'm only good enough to get away with that in Brawl -_- But I love to watch melee and would watch more matches if it wasnt always impossible to see the matches at GC cause of crowding/little walking space :(

pandacheck

Smash Ace
i wanna see this improved falco mister pookie, because my falcons gonna stomp little niggeez that can't shine OOS

it-sounds-like-all-your-johns-are-just-about-you-being-out-of-practice-jem-lol.--its-worth-practicing-now-that-we-have-a-better-scene.-lovage-jumps-with-up-so-no-johns-there.-it-doesnt-seem-like-learning-to-jump-with-a-button-would-be-all-that-difficult-either.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
i wanna see this improved falco mister pookie, because my falcons gonna stomp little niggeez that can't shine OOS
Hahahahah **** you. Well played.
But don't think for a second that I haven't been practicing my OoS game. And to be fair I could shine oos back then, I was getting so frustrated that I kept spot dodging instead of whatever I wanted to do, but I've been training shine oos a lot so its becoming muscle memory which will help.

Tldr I won't be such a cakewalk next time :p

:phone:

Syler

Smash Journeyman
idk anthony ***** falco's if he's not being ******** x_X

@anthony -Btw ******* you make me wanna practice my tech skill after last night. It's just not fair!! But im too lazy to do that **** on my own.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, the first time I ever played against anyone good anthony just ***** my ****. I have nightmares still o_o.

Syler I've never played you, is there a smash fest at plu this Friday? Let's make it crack

pandacheck

Smash Ace
You can't get better if every stocks a zero to death combo and we refuse to critique you on your errors consistant pillar attempts that result in grab out of shield cuz u dair the top of the shield get ***** son!

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
panda bringing the heat rofl come on now what do you expect, that was my first time. I've been working on doing aerials later because yes i was getting shield grabbed quite alot. i know i got a lot of **** to get better at but at least i'm trying.

Syler

Smash Journeyman
mike-you-should-def-consider-going-to-the-next-gc.
I was thinking about it but i had to go do some family ****.

@anthony- i ***** your fox, but that's cuz you suck in that ditto, though you ***** my falco with your fox, though i kind of saw that coming lol

@pookie- Even though what all the crap anthony said was true he's just messin with you lol, you do need to work on that stuff though, but usually when you play someone a lot better/faster then you it's like you can't do anything but stay in your shield cuz once you move out of it they **** the crap out of you lol. Anyways im sure him and i will help you out when you play you.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I know, lol its hard cuz the people are either too good, or not good enough. I need someone that's a good skill matchup with me. However last week I feel like I played better against iceman than I have. I mean I still got ***** but I wasn't completely helpless

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol ***** do u have a space button or not?

and im with teddy as far as PR goes.

syler come to gc, jem...bring it back baby! u got this.

anthony gg's man. u south guys are all getting better...I didn't actually get to play derek tho.

stefan and andreas I think are coming to gc as well.

im so hyped for this game yo, its so tight.

otto, if we break 48 at any particular gc would u be willing to consider 5 dollar singles entry from then on?

i-would-never-consider-$5-entry-lol.-gc-has-been-$10-entry-for-the-4-or-5-years-ive-been-going-there.-it-cant-be-that-hard-to-come-up-with-$10-a-month.-and-why-once-we-break-48?-afraid-i-might-actually-make-money-after-being-the-best-for-a-few-years-now-and-not-making-****-after-spending-hella-time-paying-to-lose?-lol.-i-have-zero-sympathy-for-that,-just-sayin.

also,-if-im-not-posting-like-this-im-not-using-my-comp.

ALSO,-neither-you-nor-teddy-actually-answered-with-what-i-wanted-.should-we-let-toph-not-be-on-pr-cuz-he-doesnt-like-his-spot-is-what-i-was-asking.-im-ok-with-it.

Uhh yea lol. I don't see why having more people entering at 10 would lead to a lower entry fee, can you explain that kline? Is austin broke or somethin lol

pandacheck

Smash Ace
Ya I'll try and see if i can get everyone from down here to attend monthly GC's, and yea GG's kline tho u did tell me mid match to stop raptor boosting LoL, and Pookie, iceman ain't that good, u got this SON!!

my falco's filthy, you'll learn of this soon enough

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol otto. na the only reason I brought it up is because hella other games and even like locals other places (some) have 5 dollar entry. and gc was 5 for a little while, I kinda figured maybe if we had more ppl, basically a bracket and a half, u would still make money off 5. it wasn't a complaint tho, I was just asking.

and as far as your question about pr, I was under the impression that we were waiting until toph came back to wa to count any of his tournament performances(cuz thats what u said). nobody on pr has lost to anybody not on pr from within the state recently. I think teddy was saying the same thing tho, as in we "know" toph *****, but we wouldn't put him on based on his performances since he has been back to gc, but if he beats somebody next gc then place him accordingly to that, not resume his place from a year ago.

and **** no lol, I hella asked to be taken off pr and toph was the first ***** sayin I was coppin out lol. if u had a spot in mind based off his wins and losses since he has been back put him there. but from performance I don't know where that would be.

Yea, but why lower it if we already have that many ppl entering at 10 lol. I think it would be more understandable if we had a shortage of entrants.

Haven't really thought of pr placings until I saw your list kline, so idk where I'd put toph. I'd like to wait another month and see what happens before an update.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
its a supply demand kinda thing but not with the intentions on making the most money. I ain't hatin, ur just tryna get paid lol.

but I was thinking in terms of if we had it at 5, but even more people, you would still make a decent amount and other people wouldn't necessarily haveto spend 15, they could spend 1o.

just saying perspectives are different from the winners circle lol.

and yea im fine with waiting one month. and then update again after apex. cuz that will be 3 tourneys per update, and all pretty good attendance wise.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Imo the whole "oh dont put me on pr because that spot would be lower than my expected spot" argument is really picky. You get what you get, and if you feel that your spot is lower than what you expect then that should be motivation to play more consistent in tournament. The reason I'm saying this is not to just call out on toph lol, but rather I feel like we need to start having regular consistent 3-4 month updates since our gc's are legit. Not update after 2 gc, or after 5 gc just because we think that we could squeeze in a person that should be on pr. We should accommodate less imo. Mainly because our scene now is getting really good turnouts and the tournies themselves are becoming good indicators of pr placings etc. No more of that "oh but i got 3rd at this tourney but it was only because so and so wasnt there" thus making that tourney sort of a "dud" if that makes any sense. I say we should do seasonal updates like bc does and be strict about it. That being said I still think we should update after the next tourney and make that our fall/pre-apex update.

Regarding $5 entry, dont really care imo. We're already getting great turnouts and even if we lower it to $5 we wouldn't be getting THAT many more people. Think about it, the last gc there were only a handful of people out of the entire state that didn't enter. Stefan, Andreas, Travis and his buddies, Bfa, Nate, Syler, gimpy. Travis and Gimpy came later anyway. So around here it's not really a supply/demand thing kline because we're already harvesting a HEALTHY majority of wa at gc @ $10 entry. The only thing lowering to $5 would do is maybe get more randoms to come, but even still that would only get another handful of people, nothing significant.

The only thing that gc does is that $5 venue making people pay $15. I'm sure that most monthlies across our nation don't have a venue fee forcing people to pay that full $15. The prize pool would be pretty weak if we changed it to $5 lol, first place would get like $115 for a 40 man bracket? ehhh

Jem.

Smash Master
don't worry about your rank. everyone has tough losses, and i'm sure every good player can recall a time they didn't do as well as they thought at a local, regional, or national. If anything, it's better to get it out before Apex. Not saying it's an ego thing, but it's always a nice humble check and to keep working hard if you have a rough tournament =) use it as motivation.

And what Otto said pretty much. The entry fee is fine right now

MasterC

Smash Ace
Hmmm.. yea idk if I should offer input but it's simple as this:

If you don't wanna b on PR, don't go to GC and place... if you place, place as best you can... if you don't get the place you want, tough luck... we all kno how good kris/shane are but if things keep up, they will b placed accordingly... at least that's how I feel about it, you get what you get

Having a $5 entry would just make it so that ppl not interested in melee would b more likely to enter LOL what if some guy who comes to GC to play Starcraft2 or HoN decides, "fu** it, I'm gonna enter melee singles for $5 for the fu** of it..." then all his buddies do it n we have a gay tourney that takes twice as long

Just my thoughts...

BladeWise

Smash Lord
I personally like having updates often, but that's just my preference.
Nothing wrong with 3 months as opposed to 2 and vice versa.
Toph's good, but he hasn't done much to take away a spot from someone. He could be 9 or 10 because of Nate or Vista dropping, but since we'd certainly be adding Chip, that's tough. You just as easily put Kamaji on instead. I'm on my phone so its hard to check.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
and shadic wudup LOL
'sup. Lemme know when you're able to smash again. I need practice, obv.

Thanks to all the guys who checked out my Project M setup at GC. Seems like everybody enjoyed it, and there was a lot of hype about it in general. Totally better than the Brawl setup I replaced. :alakadoof:

I'll see if I can start coming to these monthly. Good times.

MasterC

Smash Ace
^i was wondering who brought that! lol who you be shadic?

EDIT: and... what teddy said lol more often updates cuz nate/vista didn't enter and chip did well both times (top 5 i'm pretty sure...)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
ghneko

name searched myself into this thread

shadic is sexy and WA should play more P:M

usher in a new age of smash

you guys have the power

you have the technology

Top Bottom