• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Nah, I didn't play you. It probably would have had the same result when I did friendlies with sw though.
my butt still hurts
I did learn a lot for the fox v jiggs mu though.
Don't get grabbed.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
How far is sammamish for you guys? My homie just moved into a place there and we were talking about having a fest and get some uw people down if possible. Would Friday (or Wednesday, just kinda late notice for that) work for anyone?

:phone:

C!Z

Smash Lord
I guess it's like 16 miles from UW. Not too far, but I'm sure there would have to be a decent attendance list for some of us to go.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Oddly specific guess haha but good ****.

That's the problem tho, out of all my friends that smash I would say only 2 are actually serious about playing/getting better. Maybe 3 but he's at wazzu atm. All the others spam and just don't really know what's going on.

So, I guess ill see the reaction I get from here and go from there

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Def not wednesday cause it's an hour drive (~50-55 miles) but maybe friday. I won't be there until like 5:30 at the earliest though, saturday's always best.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Saturdays are bad for me, I work nearly all day but if you showed up around then on Friday that would more than fine, I'm sure we would be going on for quite some time.

Bu kryxne you are from tac? We should get some smash in since you are one of the closest to auburn

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Saturdays are bad for me, I work nearly all day but if you showed up around then on Friday that would more than fine, I'm sure we would be going on for quite some time.

Bu kryxne you are from tac? We should get some smash in since you are one of the closest to auburn

Lakewood area, I'm not nearly as close as others around Lynnwood (to Sammamish). I might not be able to show due to not having a ride and parents frowning upon meeting up with people that far away.

But for Auburn, I might be able to do something.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if you wanna come smash I generally have wed/fri off, so just let me know and I'm sure we could work something out.

Buuuut for Friday, my boss asked me to work the morning shift so ill be off at 4, I may be able to swing thru tac and swoop you up. Not 100% but ill keep you updated.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
alright, you can text me at (253)227-0548 if you need to. Again, no guarantees since I just got into the smash community so my parents are still very cautious about letting me hang out with people from online lol. (****ing dateline :glare:) btw I'm a junior in hs so I'm not that young xD

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
Alright, my names blake btw so if I text you you're not like who the **** is this haha. But I feel that my parents were gay about **** too but luckily I moved out. I've been trying to get into the scene too, Saturday was gonna be my first gc but surprise surpise work called. So back to ****** my friends again lol

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Alright my name is Miguel, I don't think anybody from gc knew that either lol. I usually prefer to be called Krynxe though. (pronounced 'krinks')

pandacheck

Smash Ace
toph comedown to Olympia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! either that or i could work something with syler, maybe smash in lakewood, bring some peeps too

MasterC

Smash Ace
lmao don't bus to oly bro, bad idea plus it'll take hella long :p

if anything i'll just organize a carpool to go down to one of syler's fests or something... i don't think shane can come tho xD

MasterC

Smash Ace
in the hospital 7-7 on friday bro, sorry... most of these guys depend on me for rides anyways lol but vish/ciz have cars... you gotta be on PR for them to come to you tho :p

EDIT: ben too, but he's on project M as of late, can't blame him either, sh**s FILTHY

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
damn ****ty, well looks I gotta get on the power rankings then huh? Maybe we can come thru somewhere on Friday then.

C!Z

Smash Lord
It's not that you have to be on the PR to get us to come, but Vish and I are pretty much best friends with Shane and Bisno 1 and 3, and pretty good friends with 2 aka Teddy, and we can play with them pretty much anytime we want to. Not to mention us 3 are the only ones with cars in the top 10 cept Nate, and Kline can get the car sometimes. So it's like you gotta be our homie(aka our Boy Charles oww) or have some incentive for us to drive to you haha, as bad as that sounds, but we've put our time in and earned that right. Or when we or close friends have fests you can see us there as well. Not trying to be elitist, but it's like why would I stray when I live with Vish and we can play anytime we want and record, ya know. We wanna help the community, but we've put in our traveling hours and now it's time for anybody who wants to get good to do the same.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
word ciz.

and that doesn't mean we won't come, its just unlikely for ppl to want to drive however far to play with new guy 1 and his homie. the exception being, like ciz said if ur a homie. prime example, master C....who I saw doing work at gc ^_^

so for the most part if u are down to get better and willing to attend tournaments, nobody has an issue playing/teaching you.

so your best bet is to just get to know people. if ur coo then it might be worth a trip.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I might be a bit busy Friday afternoon to like 7-8, but I'm totally good for Saturday. If it's close to Lakewood (like anywhere between Olympia and Auburn) I'll be there, if it's a little further off it's a maybe. Just gotta know where at now.

Edit:
so for the most part if u are down to get better and willing to attend tournaments, nobody has an issue playing/teaching you.
^
Applies to me. :D I really want some help improving, I'm super dedicated and will take any advice people give me. I think I'll stick to my puff. I was already noticing improvement at gc when MasterC was ****ing me up when I first showed, and later at night I was going even on his Fox/CF. (These were friendlies so idk if he was sandbagging a bit, pretty sure his falco will still take me to town anyways lol)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Honestly the people that show up and support tournaments are the biggest interest we have outside of our top players. Making our scene grow is what means the most to us. Keep showing your face and interest and we'll eventually show some love back.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
just for reference, the large majority, and all of PR lives between u district and federal way.(shane lives in my heart lol)

there is a group in puyallup and some people around tacoma as well. they don't come to gc as often but they would also be down to play. try connecting with syler or ndie or anthony for more regular games, id probably be down to play sometimes too.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
nah I feel that, **** I wish I still had my car I'd mob up all the time. But yeah, I realy just wanna play some good players so I can get my *** kicked for once and actually get better instead of facerolling my friends lol. So ill just make a trip up sometime instead, if anything is happening Friday let me know I should make it.

Btw what do you record with?

Edit: alright yup, just let me know when somethings going down and ill be up there, don't expect me to be some scrub that you will 4 stock tho :p

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Good ****, I'm looking for some love <3
btw if we need extra setups or something let me know, I can def bring my melee and wii/gcube and I might be able to haul over my SD TV.

Edit: Also, I can probably bail on my Friday plans if necessary.

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
Yo krynxe if you want my opinion you should get good with sheik dude. Sheik is a better character than puff but you're probably doing better with puff because punishes on puff are less damaging than those on sheik. Also get ready to start attending just about every gc if you really want to start getting better (I know because i was in a similar but probably worse situation smashwise than you a year and a half ago lmao the island).

EDIT: not saying that puff isn't good but only 2 players have ever made it to "that level" with puff where as countless have made it with sheik; Tier list is ****ed up right now.

make sure you guys watch hella vids too if youre really tryna improve. im gonna tell you right now that the most important thing about playing is playing as safe as possible, as patient as you need to and just find out what you need to look for from experience. just watch vids and see why ppl get hit when they do and think about things you can do to avoid that as well as experiment with **** they do thats working and looks reliable.

iceman, there are other good puffs lol. only two players have made it to "that" level? you mean mango and hboxs level? well yeah, only a few players have ever made it to that level lol. puff is good enough to hold her own. sheik could be a good back up tho

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
so pookie and krynxe.

where do u guys live again, how old are u, and how many of ur friends do u think u could convince to come to a tournament.

Big Pookie

Smash Apprentice
make sure you guys watch hella vids too if youre really tryna improve. im gonna tell you right now that the most important thing about playing is playing as safe as possible, as patient as you need to and just find out what you need to look for from experience. just watch vids and see why ppl get hit when they do and think about things you can do to avoid that as well as experiment with **** they do thats working and looks reliable.
Trust me I've been all over this one lol. I always take things serious if I'm going to be doing it so when I'm not practicing tech skil or playing I'm watching matches. I haven't played another game beside the occasion LoL match in months. However I do have videos playing, I could possibly upload a few if anyone was willing to give me some pointers or anything, I understand if its too much of a hassle tho

Edit: @Kaostar I'm 21 andI live in auburn like a minute of AHS. I have a bunch of friends that smash, not many that are serious, one that got in a motnh ago and is hella into it and improving fast and probably one or two more that are actually consider coming. Unfortunately my friend who is the closest to me in skill goes to wsu

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
@Iceman
I'm not really confident in my Sheik ability, and I like that there are less great puffs because I can be the next best one :D Also, don't forget KillaOr and King from way back when

@SW
Yeah, I've been doing that a bit but I'll definitely be doing my homework before I show up on Saturday. I feel like I can't learn as much from watching hbox/mango than I can from watching mid level players, because of the huge difference in skill between me and them. Would you suggest I watch top level players or mid level players more to help learn right now?

@Kaostar
I'm 16, junior in high school, I live in Lakewood (really close to the Lakewood Towne Center) and I currently have 2 friends (who I dragged to gc, but they didn't do much. One was a luigi and the other was a peach, neither have good tech skill but have pretty good spacing from playing my puff a ton. They both seem into Melee but aren't nearly as dedicated to practice or improve on their own time as I am)

MasterC

Smash Ace
Krynxe and Pookie:

the fact that you're posting on here constantly asking q's and trying to smash shows that you wanna get into this scene and i'm down haha

i'd be up for making a trip to auburn just to smash with you and your peeps sometime Pookie but my boi toph is gonna start hosting UW smash fests every (other?) week which both you and Krynxe should attend xD

HELLA GOOD PPL make it to these fests and there is alot to watch even when you're not getting play time in, the rounds you sit out are sometimes just as valuable as the rounds you play cuz you get to see so much sh** lol

EDIT: Krynxe aka Miguel lol my b i never asked your real name at GC haha we played hella games too so now i feel like a **** :/ but uh... all i gotta say is MM my fox/falcon nex time :p

MasterC

Smash Ace
real talk tho Krynxe you should get at Pandacheck aka Anthony aka Mr. Drinksalot for some smash, he's not too far from you but prob him, nDie aka Cody, Smile aka Connor, and Syler aka Mike are your best local smashers

no joke, they'll rock your sh** lol but they live in Tacoma/Puyallup area with the exception of Panda who's in Lacey :/ idk when they fest regularly but when/if you make a fb we have a dedicated group to contact ppl and ask q's etc...

this is the link, you prob can't see it tho since you're not a member just yet :p

http://www.facebook.com/groups/109722482437372/

Top Bottom