• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Washington Melee thread

MasterC

Smash Ace
you can di your shield stun. left or right. have fox shoot lasers at u while ur shielding and u can control which way he slides.

also during shield stun u can't roll or side step or drop your shield, u have to wait until it ends.
yea i've noticed the second part of this quote^ but i didn't kno you could do the first part... do you mean, "have falco shoot lasers at you while you're shielding"??

or can you really slide away from fox's lasers? cuz i thought fox's lasers had like 0 knockback or whatever...

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
All you have to do is hold a direction, yeah? You don't have to SDI or whatever?

If you start holding a direction during shield stun, you'll shield DI, right? But then if you keep holding that direction after shield stun ends (which should be pretty quick), won't your character immediately roll?

Syler

Smash Journeyman
i know what your talking about / i don't remember it that well / all i remember is me an jb pissing sue off because of us joking around / i don't remember me trying to blame whoever else was there / i'm trying to imagine myself saying : It could've been JB or mike? / i don't see myself saying that
n***a you don't see urself saying a lot of things but you did. Or more specificially it was sue blaming you, and you going how do you know it was me? How do you know it couldn't have been michael or j.b.? And then i said, "Well aside from me living with her long enough and knowing not to do it/haven't done it while we've lived together, and also me KNOWING i didn't do it, j.b. hasn't even gone to the bathroom at my place today, so that only leaves you" lol

But honestly it doesn't matter at this point.

@master c- eh i glanced at the whole mutli shine posts, i was trying to find i believe it was professor pro's fox combo video with multi shining but i couldn't =/

There's also a video on multi shining as shield pressure, and it had the numbers for how many it takes to break (idk if it was like 9ish or higher) it's been a long time i could be way off lmao.

@cody/kline- you guys should probably tell me what's the plan for tomorrow ahead of time, cuz as it stands i'll probably be sleeping sometime around 12noon-2pm, and wont wake up till 7-8pm. (At least that's what i did the last 2 days.) Oh i also need to practice my shiek, and idk maybe bring falco back idk, so you 2 are going to be guinea pigs mwa ha ha

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Aight syler Ill be ur lil rodent lol. I just wanna smash anytime is coo. What about 5 aka wake ur *** up a lil early. and post ur address again. or what time works for cody....Im free all day tomorrow so lets make it happen haha.

toph charles-I mean fox, not falco. both lol, but try it with fox. u can see the effects alot more clearly. But u just hold a direction on the control stick toph....I actually dont think that C stick does anything, but Ill confirm that for u when I load up the AR. I also believe that you can SDI the shield stun frames, ive seen some ppl go hella far and they def went farther then just holding it.

So yea, ill find out about Cstick in shield DI, I think its the same as regular SDI/DI where the c stick only works on like 1 ASDI frame aka the last 1. and then u will roll or jump cuz u have it buffered. on multi hit moves just holding away is hella good cuz u get multiple ASDI frames as well as possible SDI frames.(if c stick works then for like fox drills. Hold c stick away and mash control stick away for farther sliding.)

Eggz

Smash Hero
Otto/Toph, you guys should check out "Osu!"

Its a mouse rhythm game that looks kinda super ****in tight. Im gonna download it and see if it works on my ****.

Also I miss Touhou

Also who in here is goin to Sakuracon?

Also whos tryna smash sometime?

Also whos doin what for st pattys?

Also whats this prospective Genesis carpool? I take it I should try to find other methods of transportation lol

lmao lets just hope they do.

on a side note, ima just say that wa smash (me and shane ARE wa smash...*****) has a low tolerance for smash jokes, especially those of the falcon sort
idk who this is directed at but ****in thank you

Also I remember that toilet clogging situation. I think I clogged it the night before and we tried convincing Adam it was him and he was just too drunk to remember and getting him to wake up and unclog it himself but he wasnt buyin it so we went to work LOL

lol why would you have to go with someone else to genesis. (unless ur broke) its prob me kline ciz vish andy and charles so farr.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
@Kline I wasn't asking about using the c-stick, I meant with the normal stick. If you shield DI by holding a direction on the directional stick WHILE you are in shield stun, won't your character roll after shield stun is over?

@Shane yeah I seen dat ****, Osu! (and the game its based off of, DS game called Osu! Tatakae Ouendan aka Elite Beat Agents in america) is too easy for my standard LOL sorry. its tight tho

Darkspines22

Smash Cadet
In response to all this "shine" talk:

my only thought/the only thing I know is:
avoid that shine
:3

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
@Kline I wasn't asking about using the c-stick, I meant with the normal stick. If you shield DI by holding a direction on the directional stick WHILE you are in shield stun, won't your character roll after shield stun is over?

@Shane yeah I seen dat ****, Osu! (and the game its based off of, DS game called Osu! Tatakae Ouendan aka Elite Beat Agents in america) is too easy for my standard LOL sorry. its tight tho
na. if u move the stick during shield stun and hold its like smash shield di, them an asdi and your shield will angle. u can only input roll while shielding normally.

im remember u talking about option selects awhile back and im about to try some experimenting with a pseudo option select for doing smash attacks/special moves out of power shield. if im not mistaken u can drop your shield instantly instead of waiting like a quarter second and can do standing moves right away.

im thinking it may work because of how shield stun keeps your shield up even if u let go of R.

basically u wouldn't have to confirm a power shield in order to say instantly fsmash oos with marth if my theory is correct. u could just try to do it by hitting shield with attempts to power shield releasing and flicking the c stick and then hold shield again.

the shield stun keeps u from dropping your shield so by the time u would drop it u are holding R again meaning no harm done...but if u power shield u will drop your shield and f smash and hitting r again won't effect you during the attack. u can just react from the attack or from shield as per normal.

MasterC

Smash Ace
(if c stick works then for like fox drills. Hold c stick away and mash control stick away for farther sliding.)
that would be sick, lemme kno what you find out... i'll try nex time i play but it might be a while :/

Also who in here is goin to Sakuracon?

Also whos tryna smash sometime?

Also whos doin what for st pattys?

Also whats this prospective Genesis carpool? I take it I should try to find other methods of transportation lol

Also I remember that toilet clogging situation. I think I clogged it the night before and we tried convincing Adam it was him and he was just too drunk to remember and getting him to wake up and unclog it himself but he wasnt buyin it so we went to work LOL
well at least you guys went to work instead of just leaving it there for me to clean haha goodsh*t shane, literally

and idk bout sakuracon, my homies been tryna get me to go for the past 5 years and i might just do it this year lol you can prob catch a ride to G2 since there's no definitive plan yet yeyeye

word

but one day you'll reach the level of "SDI that shine," young padawan
yup yup, this man speaks the truth^ if you get shined off stage by time your input towards the stage and tech that b*tch!!

na. if u move the stick during shield stun and hold its like smash shield di, them an asdi and your shield will angle. u can only input roll while shielding normally.

im remember u talking about option selects awhile back and im about to try some experimenting with a pseudo option select for doing smash attacks/special moves out of power shield. if im not mistaken u can drop your shield instantly instead of waiting like a quarter second and can do standing moves right away.

im thinking it may work because of how shield stun keeps your shield up even if u let go of R.

basically u wouldn't have to confirm a power shield in order to say instantly fsmash oos with marth if my theory is correct. u could just try to do it by hitting shield with attempts to power shield releasing and flicking the c stick and then hold shield again.

the shield stun keeps u from dropping your shield so by the time u would drop it u are holding R again meaning no harm done...but if u power shield u will drop your shield and f smash and hitting r again won't effect you during the attack. u can just react from the attack or from shield as per normal.
this sounds **** dawg, keep me posted at the very least haha

MasterC

Smash Ace
hell yea i'm down haha that game would suck if you had a ****ty mouse and/or sucked at using mouses

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
damn redalice's bad apple remix is sick hahah

but yeah I dunno, like I don't play osu! but I can follow what's going on and I'm sure I could beat that song if I played for a few days

whereas like, someone who doesn't play beatmania would have to play seriously for at least a year to beat something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CP59njh22s

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Hey kline/cody, if you guys still wanted too/planned on heading to my place whenever go ahead. But my sound on my phone probably wont be on, cuz i'll be sleeping. So just knock on the door hard lol, i'll wake up and answer it. And lol at ppa0 randomly coming over my place at 7am this morning, that was unexpected.

He ended up waking up sue, and then she went back to sleep at had this weird smash dream (yeah she dreamed about smash lol). I guess i was having a fest, and apparently our living room had another couch where everyone was sitting, and playing smash, paul was on our futon laying there, and the rest of hte peeps were in chairs playing smash. And for some weird reason she was serving kimchi to anthony LMFAO. Then she wakes up and she's like wow really!?

EDIT: Kline here's the address you wanted

5426 57th. street court west apt. h6
University Place, WA 98467

Valley View is the name of the apartments.

Anyways going to bed now, i'll see you later

Obviously park where there's nothing over head (that's what visitor parking is).

Anyways im going to bed in a lil bit, i'll see you guys later hopefully ^^

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Oh, before I forget to mention it:

well at least you guys went to work instead of just leaving it there for me to clean haha goodsh*t shane, literally

yup yup, this man speaks the truth^ if you get shined off stage by time your input towards the stage and tech that b*tch!!
Censoring words with a single asterisk is more explicit than the administrators here are comfortable with, so please stick to the usual ****, *****, etc. I don't object if you want to keep the first letter for the sake of clarity, though.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Oh, before I forget to mention it:

Censoring words with a single asterisk is more explicit than the administrators here are comfortable with, so please stick to the usual ****, *****, etc. I don't object if you want to keep the first letter for the sake of clarity, though.
man, Fly, you a kool mofo dawg thanx for the tip and not just editing it/giving me an infraction xD

i was gonna PM you asking about the rules cuz i'm too lazy to look them up but goodlookin yo

melee F***in ***** haha - is that chill? i'm gonna assume so...

Syler

Smash Journeyman
Ahh f it, couldn't sleep, to anxious to play melee lmao, call me before you guys head out if you guys want.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Me too. I wish I woulda got back to Teddy the other day haha. The one time he's free before 8 and I LoL all day.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
anyone play that new mmorpg : RIFT ? is it any good?

btw : i'm a peach main now / teddy, your not alone / shoot i might even pick up samus if i'm patient enough

Syler

Smash Journeyman
i think he's just using peach cuz he's bored with other chars/peach is fun for him. We'll see how long this lasts lmfao

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Nothing went down in my area. I was really lucky. Nobody's panicking, either, which is nice.

Thanks for the concern though my dude. :D

Syler

Smash Journeyman
yeah ggs kline, ur mewtwo has gotten a lot better lol. And thanks with the help with the gamebridge for my laptop.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
i'm playing peach so i can turnip the **** outta people / lasers / shines and knees are getting boring / missiles turnips and missfires sound so much better atm / my luigi will **** your marth tyseman

Syler

Smash Journeyman
look at those forward slashes lol
Yeah you be doing those driveby's anthony. Paul started doing that **** a lot more too >_>. And damn Ticeman ur getting no love from anyone.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Ticeman do you know what your major is gonna be?

If you don't, you should take CSE 142 (Intro to computer science) and if you enjoy it, talk to me about majoring in computer science. ;D I got into it via a smasher too. It's a blast of a major, and you get a good job market when you graduate to boot.

Top Bottom