• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Toon Link is a BEAST.

...Sorry, I just had to use that quote at least once. Anyway, this weekend I had the chance to play Brawl for a while, so I'd like to share a little story of mine.

I've got a friend that's been a major Link fan since the first SSB. I never really liked Link or Zelda games until the Wind Waker came out. The cartoon graphics amazed me, and I dedicated a ton of time to playing it. It and the Phantom Hourglass are the only Zelda games I've beaten, because the others were too boring for me. Toon Link's character design and personality (I loved when you could see what he was looking at to figure things out!) really grabbed me, and I desperately wanted him in the next Smash. My friend made fun of me, doubting he would make it, and even if he did, he would be crap. So you can imagine his shock when Toon Link was confirmed!

This weekend, we had our showdown. I had to put up with his Link bragging and Wind Waker bashing for months, and I wasn't going to let him live it down. Even before Brawl officially came out, he bragged about how powerful Link would be. I was a bit nervous because of my disappointment with Young Link in Melee, but when we started fighting I was extremely happy. Toon Link was fast, his projectiles were decent and best of all, I could keep up with Link and even kill him before he killed me. My friend got so upset by this. First he started making excuses, like whining about the weakening of Link's Up B. Then he complained that Toon Link was a broken character and his power didn't make sense, going as far to insist that Toon Link has the same power as Link yet he's faster. I insisted that Toon Link had several disadvantages such as being light and having less range, but he refused to listen. The final straw was on Final Destination. My first kill was with Toon Link's Final Smash. My second kill was spiking him with down air as he tried to recover. My final kill was pretty risky. He was coming down with his own down air, so I moved a little to the right and used my up air. He had been 3 -stocked by the very character he bashed for years.. XD With that, he dropped Link and continues to whine about how broken Toon Link is. I feel bad for making him drop his favourite main after all of these years, but what can I say?

Don't **** with Toon Link! =D

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Toon Link is a BEAST.

...Sorry, I just had to use that quote at least once. Anyway, this weekend I had the chance to play Brawl for a while, so I'd like to share a little story of mine.

I've got a friend that's been a major Link fan since the first SSB. I never really liked Link or Zelda games until the Wind Waker came out. The cartoon graphics amazed me, and I dedicated a ton of time to playing it. It and the Phantom Hourglass are the only Zelda games I've beaten, because the others were too boring for me. Toon Link's character design and personality (I loved when you could see what he was looking at to figure things out!) really grabbed me, and I desperately wanted him in the next Smash. My friend made fun of me, doubting he would make it, and even if he did, he would be crap. So you can imagine his shock when Toon Link was confirmed!

This weekend, we had our showdown. I had to put up with his Link bragging and Wind Waker bashing for months, and I wasn't going to let him live it down. Even before Brawl officially came out, he bragged about how powerful Link would be. I was a bit nervous because of my disappointment with Young Link in Melee, but when we started fighting I was extremely happy. Toon Link was fast, his projectiles were decent and best of all, I could keep up with Link and even kill him before he killed me. My friend got so upset by this. First he started making excuses, like whining about the weakening of Link's Up B. Then he complained that Toon Link was a broken character and his power didn't make sense, going as far to insist that Toon Link has the same power as Link yet he's faster. I insisted that Toon Link had several disadvantages such as being light and having less range, but he refused to listen. The final straw was on Final Destination. My first kill was with Toon Link's Final Smash. My second kill was spiking him with down air as he tried to recover. My final kill was pretty risky. He was coming down with his own down air, so I moved a little to the right and used my up air. He had been 3 -stocked by the very character he bashed for years.. XD With that, he dropped Link and continues to whine about how broken Toon Link is. I feel bad for making him drop his favourite main after all of these years, but what can I say?

Don't **** with Toon Link! =D
Well for one, I was surprised when you said all other Zelda games were boring, but I remember getting pissed in the dungeons sometimes XD

I'm not sure I should say much, so: don't call Young Link a disappointment :(
Toon Link is basically a buffed Young Link haha

I'm sorry to say your friend is a pansey: "His UpB got weaker." He uses it off the edge doesn't he? If not, he's not so much as a pansey. He still is because of his excuses and his bad-mouthing of Toon Link haha

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I agree, Yuki, your friend is a complaining idiot. Frankly, I wouldn't be able to be in the same room with that level of immaturity. In addition, he doesn't have any right to call Link his "main" looking at his lack of faith and loyalty to the character, considering he lost with him and now decided to drop him?

PaperLink is right. What a *****.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Okay, it looks like a double post, but it's not. I just made a few names (dweller is actually ylink's, not mine) that I chuckled at and thought were amusing. Note: the brackets is examples of using the surname [ie: a captain is not just "Captain" he's "Captain Jack"]

Low to High:

Island Dweller [Dweller Kabyk]
Sea Rover [Rover Kabyk]
Squire of the Ocean Depths [Squire Kabyk]
Pioneer of the Skies [Pioneer Kabyk]
Wind Voyager [Voyager Kabyk]
Hero of the Drowned Kingdom [Hero Kabyk]

MrEmperor

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'd like to join the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. I mained YL in Melee, and so was hoping for a buffed YL in Brawl. I got him, though a bit more uniqueness would be nice, and he is awesome! I would've joined earlier, but I wasn't on the boards then.

Thanks!

Fawriel

Smash Master
You're added, Emperor.

I should find enough time to implement ranks this weekend. I had been a little too busy with real life business and "Make Your Move!"... but now the latter's taken care of for now.
So keep the ideas coming!

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
zlkjdfajkhsifhruhgrnvuiraenuangiuhah;g:urg:
Never mind. Toon Link is an awesome fighter, but I can't use him. Plus I was seemingly ignored. I don't think I would be a very good representative of y Link, so I'm out.... sorry

It felt great pwning the hell out this n00b at my school haha
He kept saying he could beat me, but he was an UpB pansey with Link, his Dairs were every time I was under him (non-FF'd), and he only killed me assisted. What really made me want to 1 on 1 pwn him was when he said he could beat me easy. Though I should've used my YLink and killed him, I used my Sheik and had some fun. No kills on me and only 30% (with the UpB of course). Yup that was fun. Too bad that was the last game we could play after school 'cause I was gonna play my friend and have a real challenge, but the teacher had to leave :(

I hate how SWF keeps failing...well at least it means Brawl is really getting popular haha
Wow I really want to buy my Wii now...and start paying in more for my reserved Brawl

uh...Niw eht rof Knil Noot

Niko90

Smash Cadet
Hi I'm interested in joining Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. Of course, TL is my main for Brawl, and YL was one of my mains in melee. :)

Thanks.
~Niko

Yaya

Smash Champion
I supported WW Link for a long time, but never decided to post here for a reason ,the only thing I didn't like about him is that I suck a Wind Waker :p I'd like to Join Knights of The Drowned Kingdom, because I want to be around more WW Link followers.

PS: His D-Air is t3h pwn. :p

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I was checking out some of the other character boards, and their clans are getting pretty specificed, intense, and active. main example, Blood-4-Blood, the Ike clan. RoK, the leader, is going all out on getting the clan together into a working unit.

Either way this goes down, I'll be telling people I came from the Drowned Kingdom whether they know it or not.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Clan, huh...
So they are going to have training sessions and such, maybe even clanwars? Interesting...

Would you guys be interested in turning our club into a clan?

If so... then I am now looking for an American co-leader for the Knights. Since I'm European, I won't get the game for a while and won't be able to take part in any training or wars or anything like that. Besides that, organizing something like that is beyond what I can do anyway.

If you are interested in a position of honor among the players of this character, and having your name go down in Smash history as the first leader of the first Toon Link clan, then speak up.
You will have to earn my trust first, though. This is an important task, and we can't let just anyone do it. Once the first tier lists get established, newbies will keep flowing into this forum non-stop wanting to main him.
We'll need a worthy representative with honor, leadership abilities and at least enough skill as a fighter to adequately represent us and the values our group had before our hero became known as "Marth with projectiles"!

What do you say, Knights?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Lol. I don't like overused characters. I will definitely have to find a secondary if Toon Link becomes as common as Fox and Marth in Melee. ugh...

Well, I'm part of Play 2 Win clan, so, I would love to be a part of this if it turns into an actual clan as well, and be part of it's activities and functions, but my first allegiance is to P2W. Although, P2W is more of a tight knit group of people who will represent "P2W" but I'm not sure if they'll actually be part of clan wars and such.

Should this be made into a clan, I will certainly join and uphold any responsibilities given to me, but if at certain times I have to decide between P2W or KotDK for a clan war, i must go with P2W. Hope you understand.

Although I will still represent both should I win a match with Toon Link and be asked if I'm part of any group or clan. "Are you in a clan?" "Yes, Play 2 Win and the Toon Link organization, KotDK."

Wait, I joined P2W not too long ago (took forever for the activation E-mail to get to me), so am I part of that clan too?

I haven't asked to join SSS yet (the Sonic clan/group) yet, so I don't know if I'm gonna be part of that. When I was active in the Sonic threads, I was gonna ask a long time ago to be part of it but I got more active with Toon Link haha

Anywayz: Making a clan sounds pretty cool, but it'd be sort of weird since we'll never really get a chance to see each other in person (although I think I might still be able to see Dynamism). I'd be happy to represent the clan if there is one, but I dunno if being the leader suits me. Just a basic rep for me...sorry XD

Speaking of the US release, I need to start paying in for my pre-order o_O

Toon Link and KotDK FTW!!!

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Lol. I don't like overused characters. I will definitely have to find a secondary if Toon Link becomes as common as Fox and Marth in Melee. ugh...

Well, I'm part of Play 2 Win clan, so, I would love to be a part of this if it turns into an actual clan as well, and be part of it's activities and functions, but my first allegiance is to P2W. Although, P2W is more of a tight knit group of people who will represent "P2W" but I'm not sure if they'll actually be part of clan wars and such.

Should this be made into a clan, I will certainly join and uphold any responsibilities given to me, but if at certain times I have to decide between P2W or KotDK for a clan war, i must go with P2W. Hope you understand.

Although I will still represent both should I win a match with Toon Link and be asked if I'm part of any group or clan. "Are you in a clan?" "Yes, Play 2 Win and the Toon Link organization, KotDK."
Eh, I don't think you should give up Toon Link even if he does become common. It kind of sucks that he's so good, and there weren't many supporters of him but now that people know he's good, they want to use him. It sucks, but what can you do? Even if everyone begins to use Toon Link, I'll still use him just for the fact that he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters, and I'll let people know that.

To be honest, I already thought of the club as some sort of clan, which is why I decided not to join Shockwave o.o; So whatever happens here, I'll be a loyal member of this clan. ^^; I'm not one for leadership though...

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I don't think you should give up Toon Link even if he does become common. It kind of sucks that he's so good, and there weren't many supporters of him but now that people know he's good, they want to use him. It sucks, but what can you do? Even if everyone begins to use Toon Link, I'll still use him just for the fact that he's one of my favourite Nintendo characters, and I'll let people know that.

To be honest, I already thought of the club as some sort of clan, which is why I decided not to join Shockwave o.o; So whatever happens here, I'll be a loyal member of this clan. ^^; I'm not one for leadership though...
Besides, if that was the case, we know we supported him before he was cool ;)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmm... if we don't find a leader, there won't be a clan, I'm afraid.

Can i join the Knights? I'll be maining Li'l Link all the way.
Sure. But you'll have to get a different avatar because that one's mine. I mean... welcome aboard!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I would certainly accept a rank in KotDK that has responsibilities such that a leader would, I said that. I was just stating that, god forbid the situation arises, P2W comes first. I would gladly help out in many ways for this clan.
Give me a heads up on what you want.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I would certainly accept a rank in KotDK that has responsibilities such that a leader would, I said that. I was just stating that, god forbid the situation arises, P2W comes first. I would gladly help out in many ways for this clan.
Give me a heads up on what you want.
Hmm... Kabyk-Greenmyst...
*slowly walks up and down in front of you in a slightly melodramatic fashion*

You've been here for a long time, have always been loyal to Little Link, yet critical when you deemed it necessary...
You would willingly accept a certain responsibility, and you appear to possess fighting spirit...

Very well!

I'll contact you tomorrow and we'll talk about it personally. I trust that that is alright with you?

Hm... We should be implementing that soo, hopfully?
Alright, alright. I promise that I will implement ranks tomorrow!
So now's your last chance to still suggest stuff!

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
ROFL at the fact that

in SSBB growing up 7 years and growin hair on your balls = you are low tier

owell sucks i guess toon link just ***** adult link that bad

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Toon Link kinda terrifies me. My younger brother is already a Young Link master, and has formed a pretty great strategy for countering my Dr. Mario. Toon Link seems to have all the speed and projectile spamability of his forefather - only with even better attacks.

Yaya

Smash Champion
Toon Link doesn't just scare me, I hide in a friggin' corner until the match ends, hopefully I'll be good with him :)

Yup, just as I thought what would happen: all the n00bs give in to peer pressure and choose Toon Link coz everyone else is hahaha jkjk

It's kind of weird that we're gonna be known as high-tier players in SWF rather than Young Link mainers now. I sort of unique that we chose a character hardly anyone else chose...oh well. Just like PaperLink said, we supported him before he was cool XD

Wiseguy has the same avatar as me :( I thought I'd at least be recognized as the guy with the monkey avatar haha
Stryks, I'm still sort've used to the Cloud one you used to have

Herny_01

Smash Rookie
A few things SPOILERS:

He does have a ship stage

His role in sub embassy and his confirmed attack list

Also may i join Knights Of The Drowned Kingdom,

If i do how do i get it onto my signature

Top Bottom