• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
So...in theory...I could go get it today...
No, you can't. Trust me, I tried. I called all the Sears in my general area (NJ, there's a lot) the day after the day they sold Brawl. They all said "sold out" or "not being sold till march 9th".

This means they caught on to the fact that they should not have sold it until march. Although, what you could try is calling them, seeing if they actually have them in, go there, and ask the guy for a copy. if he says no, tell him you called 15 ahead of time and the person you talked to said they would hold a copy for him until he came in.

Never know, could work.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
No, you can't. Trust me, I tried. I called all the Sears in my general area (NJ, there's a lot) the day after the day they sold Brawl. They all said "sold out" or "not being sold till march 9th".

This means they caught on to the fact that they should not have sold it until march. Although, what you could try is calling them, seeing if they actually have them in, go there, and ask the guy for a copy. if he says no, tell him you called 15 ahead of time and the person you talked to said they would hold a copy for him until he came in.

Never know, could work.
Yeah, but it probably won't. Eh, it's only eight days. And I already have it reserved at GameStop. I can wait.

...I hope...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
It's awesome considering none of us could do that, because none of us have Brawl to take a picture from. lol.

Even if we did, it's a very nice shot. I like it. Would you mind if I take it and put it into the clan thread as suggestions for sigs to use for new members?

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
It's awesome considering none of us could do that, because none of us have Brawl to take a picture from. lol.

Even if we did, it's a very nice shot. I like it. Would you mind if I take it and put it into the clan thread as suggestions for sigs to use for new members?
That reminds me...I'm gonna make a picture of DK using his FS, that one AT who plays guitar (can't remember her name), anyone else who plays music, and the Hero of Winds conducting them all.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That WOULD be fantastic... =o
In fact, I was thinking about possibly starting some fanart contests or so... or just collecting fanart without any contesting going on. I mean, if we're going to separate the battle talk and the other talk, we should keep the other talk lively. ^^

And now that I think of it...
Yo, twilight_hero, you old nutcase! It's been a while since I last saw you around! *tackles*

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
In fact, I was thinking about possibly starting some fanart contests or so... or just collecting fanart without any contesting going on. I mean, if we're going to separate the battle talk and the other talk, we should keep the other talk lively. ^^

Yo, twilight_hero, you old nutcase! It's been a while since I last saw you around! *tackles*
Yo Fawriel, did you get a glance at that jerk, Will, who has Brawl without us? What a jerk. :laugh::(

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pretty much all my hype in Brawl IS the fact that Toon Link is playable, a few stages, the music, a few other characters, and that we have Stage Builder=all stages from smash 64 returned via that, and most Melee stages (except GOD AWFUL STAGES like PokéFloats [actually, it's okay at best], Brinstar Depths, and F***ING AWOME STAGES like Mute City [Port Town Aero Dive is hardly good; seriously, Big Blue can suck monkey balls. That stage is lame. NO ONE LIKES IT!)].

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Pretty much all my hype in Brawl IS the fact that Toon Link is playable, a few stages, the music, a few other characters, and that we have Stage Builder=all stages from smash 64 returned via that, and most Melee stages (except GOD AWFUL STAGES like PokéFloats [actually, it's okay at best], Brinstar Depths, and F***ING AWOME STAGES like Mute City [Port Town Aero Dive is hardly good; seriously, Big Blue can suck monkey balls. That stage is lame. NO ONE LIKES IT!)].
I know you're really enthused about Toon Link. Are you going to join the KotDK clan? If you haven't noticed, we turned it from a club into a clan. And everyone has to "rejoin" pretty much. If you do, I'll need your info in the following fashion:

SWF Name:
Brawl Name:
IM [optional apparently since a lot of people ignore this]:

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
haha. That sounds fantastic.
You know anyone else with instruments?

* sidesteps with vR*

Hey, man, good to see you too!

Yo Fawriel, did you get a glance at that jerk, Will, who has Brawl without us? What a jerk. :laugh::(
That b@st@rd...

Aw, I liked Big Blue...

Good to see you around, too!

I'm making one of my taunts reference the KotDK. Dunno which one. One of the shorter ones...I'll use it at the beginning of a match. Any suggestions?

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
O yeah I forgot you can only speak by using small pre determined taunts AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Actually, i heard that if you play through classic as link one time on any difficulty level that you will unlock Toon Link.
The other way is to play 350 vs matches.

Will19

Smash Apprentice

Sure! Go ahead!

And you guys talking about unlocking Lil' Link;
You unlock him by completing SSE and then play a specific stage as Link. :3

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Nope. But its a crap excuse for communication.
(Sorry, Kabyk!)

Quit whining. You get what you get. You want voice chat, go play 360.

Sure! Go ahead!

And you guys talking about unlocking Lil' Link;
You unlock him by completing SSE and then play a specific stage as Link. :3
Yeah, but that's not the only way. You can also unlock him in Classic mode.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
-Complete Classic Mode with Link, then defeat Toon Link. You're right there.
-Complete SSE and a playing a special stage as Link. You can't do that sadly.

There's one more way to do it.

-Complete 350 or 400 (i forget) vs. matches.

Will19

Smash Apprentice
-Complete SSE and a playing a special stage as Link. You can't do that sadly.
Uhm, excuse me?
I got Brawl, and I know that you unlock him in SSE or 350 VS. Matches. Perhaps in classic too, but at least not by just clearing Classic with Link, I tried that first.

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
FYI I got brawl too, i went through every level and couldn't unlock him by going through a secret door in a level or something. In the sse. :psycho:

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Quit whining. You get what you get. You want voice chat, go play 360.
Well if you like to ignore things so much why didn't you just ignore my post? Or are you trying to start **** up again? And also yes I do play the 360... and I have to say it isn't miles ahead, the Wii is just miles behind.

Top Bottom