• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Yeah...I thought for he seemed rather...Marthlike with his aerials...

Oh, ylink! Remember me?

Anyway...wish I'd found out about this sooner.
Twilight! I was wondering when you'd show up haha (remember those "WW Link Moves" thread days :chuckle:)

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed that about his aerials

Anywayz: Well now, I don't go on for about a day and a half, then this thread goes through five pages o_O
Then when I try to post, SWF fails for like 2 days...
:ohwell:Oh well

So it looks like there's a thread just for the Knights...did we really need that? I mean it looks like most people get recruited here though...I dunno
I'll go to that now

@Deep2: You sure you have Brawl? I've seen a lot of vids of people getting him in SSE, including Will's right now...you sure you weren't just doing it wrong?

Edit: Off Topic Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass SPOILERS:
After finally getting through the Lakebed Temple, I got to fight Morpheel. Did anyone else notice Morpheel seemed a lot like Bellum in the first part? Just didn't want to be the only one...

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
in ur Wii, savin' hyrule from t3h twilight... By t
Twilight! I was wondering when you'd show up haha (remember those "WW Link Moves" thread days :chuckle:)

LOL.

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed that about his aerials

And I knew that as well.

Anywayz: Well now, I don't go on for about a day and a half, then this thread goes through five pages o_O
Then when I try to post, SWF fails for like 2 days...
:ohwell:Oh well

Yeah...Smashboards is like that. Ya gotta stay on your toes. Or fingers.

So it looks like there's a thread just for the Knights...did we really need that? I mean it looks like most people get recruited here though...I dunno
I'll go to that now

@Deep2: You sure you have Brawl? I've seen a lot of vids of people getting him in SSE, including Will's right now...you sure you weren't just doing it wrong?
I'm sure s/he's sure s/he has Brawl...s/he is prob'ly just wrong. As usual. ;)

Twilight you were the one who made a Midna/Wolf Link Moveset right?

Yeah I know SWF is like that, but geez: 2-3 days! And what happened to the icon thing that addresses have next to them (in FireFox)?

I can't wait to get Brawl. Saturday's gonna be hella fun! And I think my mom might pay for me coz I have straight A's hahaha

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
ylinkU, we needed a new thread because I am the leader, so I need a base of operations. Also, as far as I know, I am staying more frequent on these boards (when SWF is up) than Fawriel, which is one of the reasons why I think he asked me to lead.

Also, as a notice for everyone, SmashBoards will probably explode, implode, expand, fold in on itself, and finally die, all at the same time, once Brawl is released. I'm going to update saying I'm going to leave the boards for the first two days after Brawl is released, most likely. For two reasons, 1) I expect SWF to crash 2) I'm spending time on Brawl.

We'll see how things go.

Fawriel

Smash Master
ylinkU, we needed a new thread because I am the leader, so I need a base of operations. Also, as far as I know, I am staying more frequent on these boards (when SWF is up) than Fawriel, which is one of the reasons why I think he asked me to lead.
That's half correct.

Actually, Kabyk and I are co-leaders of the "Drowned Kingdom" club. He's the leader of the clan part, while I'm just sort of a moderator of this thread, which is basically a place where Toon Link fans can chitchat.
Considering that my inability to handle lots of real-life things at once while staying focussed on online stuff has barred me from doing a lot with even this simple job, it's not hard to figure out that Kabyk would be a better leader of the more important half of the club than I would.
Of course, even regarding my lack of leader-like qualities, he seems like a trustworthy guy who can be expected to do a good job.

Tahtah

Smash Apprentice
I want to join too.

Main: Toon Link (of course)
Brawl name: Tahtah
Japanese Friencode: 2320-5408-5003
American Friedcode: Soon (I hope Friday)
Other Info: Skills with webdesign. Can also make a website for Knights of the Drowned Kingdom on a .com or .net host.
E-mail: tahtah_unit@hotmail.com
You can e-mail or pm me for a fight:)!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I think I was a part of this before . . . way back in the day.

Regardless! I'd like to sign back up again. I've been toying around with various characters (although I'll never drop Bowser), and Toon Link is definately one of my favorites. He is, after all, my favorite incarnation of Link, who is my favorite charcater in one of my favorite games of all time (Wind Waker). I think I've said the word "favorite" enough already . . .

Never-the-less, he's a character I've devoted a lot of attention to since unlocking him (along with Sonic and Bowser). He definately controls (feels) better than most other characters I've tried, which is great, because I've always been a fan of the character and wanted him to accel.

I'll submit my information if it is required; otherwise, pop me back on that list thar, brotha!

Fawriel

Smash Master
'Sup.

I have to apologize for my inactivity, I've been quite distracted by real-life business and such. Not only that, but there's a lack of communication between me and Kabyk, and now I'm not quite sure how to handle this thread. Since the club has been split into this thread and a clan ( linky if you don't already know it [also, Kabyk demands Friend Codes. Give him Friend Codes!] ), this place doesn't seem to have much of a purpose anymore. That is, we can give it one, but keeping a list of people here, or at least a list of people with ranks, seems kind of pointless now. Though I can still add people to the list if they want to be recognized as actual fans among the myriad of players who will choose Toon Link for his extreme broken-ness. ^^;

Now, the clan is a clan, and its thread should be there for discussion of clan-related issues. So let's turn this into the General Discussion thread for Lil' Link, shall we?
However, we can turn it into something more. It has come to my attention that we lack a detailed guide for Toon Link, with moveset description, strategies and all that jazz. With some cooperative effort, we could make that the new main feature of this thread. I won't stop anyone from making their own awesome guide separate from this thread, but I figure if we don't have a good one yet, there's got to be a reason.

Unfortunately, I don't have the game, so I can't provide own experience to write about. However, if you guys could collect all the relevant information, I could distillate it and write up everything in style for the OP. In fact, we could split up the workload and let separate people study certain fields of the character in great detail. That way, we could eventually provide the most detailed guide in all the forums!
What do you think?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I appreciate that fawriel and Plink. Yes, I would like if this thread remained the Genral Discussion for Toon Link and the HQ thread for clan-related issues.

Also, I have asked that all members of the clan write up their own basic guide to Toon Link by the end of the month. I just removed that update from the HQ, but I might put it back up.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
'Sup.

I have to apologize for my inactivity, I've been quite distracted by real-life business and such. Not only that, but there's a lack of communication between me and Kabyk, and now I'm not quite sure how to handle this thread. Since the club has been split into this thread and a clan ( linky if you don't already know it [also, Kabyk demands Friend Codes. Give him Friend Codes!] ), this place doesn't seem to have much of a purpose anymore. That is, we can give it one, but keeping a list of people here, or at least a list of people with ranks, seems kind of pointless now. Though I can still add people to the list if they want to be recognized as actual fans among the myriad of players who will choose Toon Link for his extreme broken-ness. ^^;

How do you do that thing where you post a link in the middle of some text? That is, make the text the link? I've been wondering for a while...

Also, I'm one of the true fans! WW was one of the best LoZ games ever, and therefore, one of the best games of all time! (Although it couldn't beat TP and OoT, it's about one foot behind...) I'm not choosing TL for his brokenocity (although D@MN, is he good!), I'm playing him (a) because he was, as I've said, the only character I wanted in above Sonic, (b) 'cause he's just plain awesome, and (c) to rep the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom. If you see a red TL out there with the name twi_h, it's me! (I'd be Dark TL, but he ain't as great as Dark Link. Also, there ain't a black team.)

Now, the clan is a clan, and its thread should be there for discussion of clan-related issues. So let's turn this into the General Discussion thread for Lil' Link, shall we?
However, we can turn it into something more. It has come to my attention that we lack a detailed guide for Toon Link, with moveset description, strategies and all that jazz. With some cooperative effort, we could make that the new main feature of this thread. I won't stop anyone from making their own awesome guide separate from this thread, but I figure if we don't have a good one yet, there's got to be a reason.

I was just about to start working on it...

Unfortunately, I don't have the game, so I can't provide own experience to write about. However, if you guys could collect all the relevant information, I could distillate it and write up everything in style for the OP. In fact, we could split up the workload and let separate people study certain fields of the character in great detail. That way, we could eventually provide the most detailed guide in all the forums!
What do you think?
You DON'T HAVE THE GAME?!? How DARE you?!? JK...mostly...:psycho:

Anyway, hey, Fawriel!

Um...I'd be willing to talk about his...well, if we split it up, I'd be fine with doing his aerials...or his smashes...or his Specials...or...ah, hell, I could do it all. There's too much to talk about! Frankly, the only thing I really don't like is the lack of him being able to CRAWL...'cause it's not like that's not an important part of WW...not to mention the funny factor (the noise he made made me roffle!) But I'd probably be better off just writing my own separate guide. I was planning on comparing him first to the YL of seven years ago (that's kinda creepy...seven years between Links...) and then to the Link of five days ago. Then I'd do a basic move overview and talk about what special skills he has (crawling, wall-clinging, wall-jumping, etc.). So...sound good?

NintendoTogepi

Smash Apprentice
I finally unlocked Toon Link! Yes!

HE'S AWESOME!

I love it!

TWW is by far my favorite Zelda and TL is just amazing. He's my main for usre.

Dude, I played Brawl today at my school...and it was great!
I owned with Toon Link (didn't really get to Kizzu Combo properly though :ohwell:) and Pit. Pikachu seemed a little weird to play. I haven't gotten to use Ike that much, but I'm gonna work on my timing because he's so **** slow XD
I can't wait 'til I get it today hahaha
I'm gonna play SE all night if it takes me to unlock Toon Link

Yup. I was pretty hyped today. I think my favorite costume with Toon Link right now is the Retro one.

twilight_hero

Smash Lord
Dude, I played Brawl today at my school...and it was great!
I owned with Toon Link (didn't really get to Kizzu Combo properly though :ohwell:) and Pit. Pikachu seemed a little weird to play. I haven't gotten to use Ike that much, but I'm gonna work on my timing because he's so **** slow XD
I can't wait 'til I get it today hahaha
I'm gonna play SE all night if it takes me to unlock Toon Link

Yup. I was pretty hyped today. I think my favorite costume with Toon Link right now is the Retro one.
Kizzu combo? I think I have to learn this to be a good player, right? Well, point me to a vid or description!

...and I think I finally get the leadership thing from several posts back. Funny!

Yeah, Retro's pretty good...I like 'em all, but Dark is, surprisingly, my least favorite. Red or standard is the best IMO, though I'm glad for the purple. Gold Link kicks @$$!

Kizzu combo? I think I have to learn this to be a good player, right? Well, point me to a vid or description!

...and I think I finally get the leadership thing from several posts back. Funny!

Yeah, Retro's pretty good...I like 'em all, but Dark is, surprisingly, my least favorite. Red or standard is the best IMO, though I'm glad for the purple. Gold Link kicks @$$!
Just look for the one that says "Toon Link Combo Vid" in the vid section (too lazy to make links). It's basically the Ken Combo, but with Toon Link's Bair.

...I still don't get that thing, but I don't really care anymore haha

I think I'm gonna choosing Retro when I play him. I thought I was the only one that didn't like the Shadow Toon Link. It just makes him more "cloney" IMO. A costume with Young Link clothes from Melee would've been awesome haha
(Speaking of which, I remember you liking that idea of mine Twilight. Can you make a link to your Wolf Link Moveset? I'm doing a little...project it you will.)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Sorry I kinda snapped back there. I lost my head. I'm okay now....honestly...
Anyway, one of our new members, Tahtah, said he could make a website for the clan. So, I was thinking everyone make their own full guide first. Full in respect to the guide covering all the moves. If we get that site working, we have guides attached to each member, and then afterwards, we can work together and make one overall guide.

Also, I have not checked out that one thread about the match-ups, because the link does not work for me. It'll be a few days until I can see it.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
How do you do that thing where you post a link in the middle of some text? That is, make the text the link? I've been wondering for a while...
Pick the "Insert Link" option -> Insert the link -> Click OK -> Now that you have the link in your text, look for the part of the link that isn't in the square brackets, and replace that part with anything you want (you could even use a picture, like in my signature).

So it would look like this:

http://smashboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4121997[URL]

The bolded part is the part that can be replaced with anything.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I came to share my burdens, but it looks like there's burden enough for everyone as it is. I had planned, and still plan to slowly catch up on reading this and the other thread.

I would like to keep this thread in existence, but before I say too much, I'll read up on what's been going on. I was just going to say I am I little bummed about Brawl... even though it's too early to know for sure, it seems... a bit dull... and not quite as deep as Melee. I still haven't even learned to Pivot grab, and stuff like that, so I'm plodding along, giving it my promised year of judgment, but tonight I was seriously just thinking about playing Melee while I was playing Brawl. So I feel a bit let down and angry at the developers, and was hoping to receive a word or to of solace.

As far the Club/Clan threads, I will be getting back to that... peace. (Kabyk, if you see this, my code is 5026-4084-0886, though with lag, I don't know how much any of this matters... :( )

Fawriel

Smash Master
Don't worry, Lava, I share your pain. Though I haven't really played the game. Haha.

So, little announcement.

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4193927&postcount=5429

Stryks is (still) working on the War of the Clubs comic.
Since it's taking so long, he decided to already start with the second arc, which will include all the other clubs besides RIDLEY, including ours.
Now as you can see in his post, I'm supposed to gather our 5 best members. I'm not sure if that includes the leader.
Of course it makes the most sense to list our Order of the Red Lion, which consists of me, Kabyk, Lava and ylink. And Stryks, but he's already in the comic and not a member of the Knights in it...
So, that makes me and three others. Depending on whether the five-man team includes the leader, we can have one or two more members.

If you're interested, go to the thread and post a description of your character, or send it immediately to Stryks, or, I dunno, post it here...

littleking78

Smash Rookie
I unlocked toon link yesterday and it took me so much time to get him. He's so good i already made him my main. Too bad his final smash has such short range compared to link.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, our 5 members is probably the best. I'm not sure how we could decide any extra person or persons.

ChickenHunter

Smash Rookie
Hello can i join the Kights of the Drowned Kingdom? Im good as toon link and know how to harass every boss on intense (except tabuu) with him.
also i will bring my friend code.

Top Bottom