• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I made a Drowned Hyrule stage too a long time ago, but afterwards I saw everyone did, so......
Anyway, I like to call him Hero of Winds as I use with my roommates and stuff, but not everyone gets it, so, unfortunately, when I'm talking on the boards or something, I have to use Toon Link so people know what I mean.

They problem with calling him WW Link is that he's not, technically, cel-shaded. So I dunno if calling him WW Link is appropriate.

Side Note: PaperLink and Neader, when did you take your Trials of a 1,000 Punishments? I wasn't there to approve of it, so how do I know that you didn't just call some reinforcements when you faced off against the G-dorfs and sharks and fire-spewing snakes??? Huh???

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
This is the only thread in the brawl boards I think I can actually stand, so yeah.

But seriously... Lil Link? Come on... I will just call him Wind Waker Link and when I have to call him "Toon" Link I will use speech marks.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Side Note: PaperLink and Neader, when did you take your Trials of a 1,000 Punishments? I wasn't there to approve of it, so how do I know that you didn't just call some reinforcements when you faced off against the G-dorfs and sharks and fire-spewing snakes??? Huh???
You'll just have to take our word for it...

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
I agree with Kabyk, we need proof you were initiated properly. As someone who's not in college, I had to go an extra round with the bosses of each dungeon of every LoZ game!

@ Kabyk: There's no problem in calling him Wind Waker Link. His character is mostly based off of Wind Waker. And he's not even technically cel-shaded, he's not cel-shaded at all.

I'll stick to either calling him WW Link or CS Link. Toon Link sounds weird to me, until I get him in Brawl that is.

Oh yeah, and Knux Echidna: That pic is epic. Imma save it to my PC haha

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
I agree with Kabyk, we need proof you were initiated properly. As someone who's not in college, I had to go an extra round with the bosses of each dungeon of every LoZ game!

@ Kabyk: There's no problem in calling him Wind Waker Link. His character is mostly based off of Wind Waker. And he's not even technically cel-shaded, he's not cel-shaded at all.

I'll stick to either calling him WW Link or CS Link. Toon Link sounds weird to me, until I get him in Brawl that is.

Oh yeah, and Knux Echidna: That pic is epic. Imma save it to my PC haha
wind waker shape, brawl shading...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Who has the most PWNsome avatar of them all?

Shaft Legolastom!

Edit: Since then I changed my avatar. It was the one with WW Link fighting G-Dorf in the final battle of WW.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
It may have been easy but it was IMO the best final battle in any Zelda game. I mean honestly you cant get more climactic than standing at the top of the tower of the king of evil in a kingdom under the ocean as the world comes crashing in around you. Also it was my favorite version of Link and Ganon.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
TOO MUCH EPIC FOR ANYONE'S MINDZ!?!!!!!!!
Seriously, I agree with Mots, it was definitely one of the most epic fights ever. TP doesn't even come close, and OoT is close, but does not beat it. I mean, the evil tower was definitely created very well in the dark and epic theme, but it was cliche, so it could only be given just so much epic-ness.

Enshoku

Smash Lord
It may have been easy but it was IMO the best final battle in any Zelda game. I mean honestly you cant get more climactic than standing at the top of the tower of the king of evil in a kingdom under the ocean as the world comes crashing in around you. Also it was my favorite version of Link and Ganon.
It was my favorite fight too, but it was still way too easy. The hardest boss i've fought would probably be the fishie from majora's mask...

TOO MUCH EPIC FOR ANYONE'S MINDZ!?!!!!!!!
Seriously, I agree with Mots, it was definitely one of the most epic fights ever. TP doesn't even come close, and OoT is close, but does not beat it. I mean, the evil tower was definitely created very well in the dark and epic theme, but it was cliche, so it could only be given just so much epic-ness.
the only epic thing about OOT was taking her royal highn-*** away down the dangerous tower of doom...

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
OoT was still way more epic than stabbing an old man in the middle of a field and then just running off.

wind waker shape, brawl shading...
Yes, that's what I said. Wind Waker model, not cel-shaded...o_O
did you like that battle, it seemed too easy...
It was easy, but it was still fun. Also epic XD

@PXG: Dude, nice sig. Make sure Fawriel sees it so he could front page it.

I want to play TP some time soon. I haven't yet.

I liked the update in the Dojo today. Umeki sounds cooler than Tech, but Power Shield and Short Hop sound cooler than Perfect Shield and Small Jump.

CS Link FTW!!!!!1!!1!!eleven

Enshoku

Smash Lord
Yes, that's what I said. Wind Waker model, not cel-shaded...o_O

It was easy, but it was still fun. Also epic XD

@PXG: Dude, nice sig. Make sure Fawriel sees it so he could front page it.

I want to play TP some time soon. I haven't yet.

I liked the update in the Dojo today. Umeki sounds cooler than Tech, but Power Shield and Short Hop sound cooler than Perfect Shield and Small Jump.

CS Link FTW!!!!!1!!1!!eleven
anyone else having problem's with the site loader, I keep receiving this message:

No suitable nodes are available to serve your request.

It's the new site loader they installed, tsk,tsk,tsk... this is of course smashboards hosting providers fault, not the excessive members...
SWF failed again? I don't get the message...
Hooray for new T.Link avatars! So yeah has anyone made a thread of Link/T.Link differences.
Monkey Avatars FTW!!! There's a small one in the front page I think, but we don't really need one. Knowing how boredom spreads in SWF, there might be one soon...

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
I just found this thread and would like to say that I think it's really great to see Wind Waker Link (or Toon Link, as they called him) is now in Brawl. He's still a clone, but I don't care, he looks fun. I liked the videos I found with him so much that I even changed my avatar for the occasion. Sure, I also like other characters, and I'm kinda sad that Mewtwo is out, but I'm still happy to see him. It makes me wanna play my Wind Waker again, especially since he has a fitting stage...

I haven't read through ALL of the posts of this thread, so I don't really know... have you already seen this video? It shows the secret scene if you find Toon Link after having finished the Subspace Emissary for the first time.

Here's the link (ha ha, I made a pun ^^):

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hvydQJRBg

Oh, and... WW Link forever! :)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Hm. Hopefully regular link will still be playable. If T.link is high tier I will poo my pants.
Apparently Link is really lackluster. Very disappointing, but a lot of people are saying that. And we already know that Toon Link actually has a lot going for him, he's a really good character. I know somewhat, I've used him personally once. lol....once....it makes me a master over all y'all.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Hm. Hopefully regular link will still be playable. If T.link is high tier I will poo my pants.
Apparently Link is really lackluster. Very disappointing, but a lot of people are saying that. And we already know that Toon Link actually has a lot going for him, he's a really good character. I know somewhat, I've used him personally once. lol....once....it makes me a master over all y'all.

reu_1303

Smash Apprentice
"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to fin
I love the fact that "toon link" is in Brawl, I have already decided to Main him. I have been a big WW fan for a long time. I remember getting the game the day it came out shipped to my house and playing it all day and night. To me WW is one of the best if not the best Zelda game of them all. Ill tell ya what I vote for WW link!

Edit: So how do you become part of this club? Also if you need help I could help out with a few more sigs. :)

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I dont think we want someone who makes comments like: "Hm. Hopefully regular link will still be playable. If T.link is high tier I will poo my pants." in the group.

Fawriel

Smash Master
I just found this thread and would like to say that I think it's really great to see Wind Waker Link (or Toon Link, as they called him) is now in Brawl. He's still a clone, but I don't care, he looks fun. I liked the videos I found with him so much that I even changed my avatar for the occasion. Sure, I also like other characters, and I'm kinda sad that Mewtwo is out, but I'm still happy to see him. It makes me wanna play my Wind Waker again, especially since he has a fitting stage...

I haven't read through ALL of the posts of this thread, so I don't really know... have you already seen this video? It shows the secret scene if you find Toon Link after having finished the Subspace Emissary for the first time.

Here's the link (ha ha, I made a pun ^^):

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=b2hvydQJRBg

Oh, and... WW Link forever! :)
Willkommen zuhause, mein deutschsprachiger Kollege!
Lass uns Pommes mit Currywurst essen und uns schweinische Witze erzählen die außer uns keiner versteht! ^^

I shall bring you your brown pants.

I dunno. From what I saw, Link seems to have a bit of a Yoshi syndrome... he can be pretty darn good offensively, but his recovery is faulty.
But come on, besides his recovery and spin attack, pretty much everything about him got buffed, and he was already a character with good potential in Melee... he can't be that bad.

I love the fact that "toon link" is in Brawl, I have already decided to Main him. I have been a big WW fan for a long time. I remember getting the game the day it came out shipped to my house and playing it all day and night. To me WW is one of the best if not the best Zelda game of them all. Ill tell ya what I vote for WW link!

Edit: So how do you become part of this club? Also if you need help I could help out with a few more sigs. :)
More sigs can't be a bad thing. ^^
If you want to join, I'll add you.
For the time being, we're sort of a knightly lounge club with free drinks and mildly uncomfortable couches. Until I introduce titles and such.

I didn't get quite the response I hoped for on my suggestion to popularize a different name for Toon Link...
I like Lil' Link. =<

Shritistrang

Smash Journeyman
Germany, at the shores of lovely Lake Constance
Willkommen zuhause, mein deutschsprachiger Kollege!
Lass uns Pommes mit Currywurst essen und uns schweinische Witze erzählen die außer uns keiner versteht! ^^

I didn't get quite the response I hoped for on my suggestion to popularize a different name for Toon Link...
I like Lil' Link. =<
Okay... ich bringe die Pommes, du die Currywurst! ;) But seriously, let's be polite and not tease our english-speaking friends like that. And I never knew any good 'schweinische Witze' anyways.

As for another name for Toon Link, how about Kid Link? Although Lil' Link sounds good too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Lol at most of the guys using WW link avatars, sweet, until theres a decent ganon or pit avatar, il lstick with this XD

anyways, whats new?

I has a monkey avatar XD
I might get a Toon Link one when one comes out (or if one comes out).

Kid Link...actually sounds cool to me, so I might stick to that one day :)

Also, is there any AT's from Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass or any other CS Link game? Medli's there as a sticker (it'd be cool if Makar was a sticker too), but it'd be cool if she picked up someone and just carry them off the stage and in order to shake her off you'd tap the joystick left and right (I think I'll just call that DDing from now on...). *Phantom Hourglass Spoiler
Or maybe Linebeck under Bellum's control would be cool.
I dunno, just throwing out ideas...

Top Bottom