• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Wish I had a point to NOT spoil PH for myself....don't have a DS. *INSERT SAD FACE!!!!*

Oh well, most people will know who you're talking about no matter what you say, as long as it's just not plain "Link".
Wait did you look at it? 'Cause if you didn't, I knew it was a good idea to put it in spoilers :laugh:
I don't have a DS either, that's why I use my little bro's haha. We made a deal that Phantom Hourglass would be my game from his DS, but I have to let him have MS Olympics...when I get a Wii that is XD

Speaking of PH, does anyone know if there is any reference of the game in Brawl? Like a trophy of the hourglass?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
That was spoiler-ish, but I don't know who those people are in the spoils, so I dunno.

Yes! when people hear the name KotDK, they shall run for their lives!!!!!!!!! MWUAHAHA!
We'll be like the main gang in the city that nobody else messes with because we're so badass and powerful.

Break Yo'self Foo'! The KotDK are coming!

Enshoku

Smash Lord
in a box of fading memories, and everlasting knowl
That was spoiler-ish, but I don't know who those people are in the spoils, so I dunno.

Yes! when people hear the name KotDK, they shall run for their lives!!!!!!!!! MWUAHAHA!
We'll be like the main gang in the city that nobody else messes with because we're so badass and powerful.

Break Yo'self Foo'! The KotDK are coming!
you think KotDK is bad? there are 5 Ike guilds, and everyone is arguing, and being very rude to one another. As well as the flamers coming out to play...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
you think KotDK is bad? there are 5 Ike guilds, and everyone is arguing, and being very rude to one another. As well as the flamers coming out to play...
What? Bad@ss, not bad. There's a difference. I don't know what you mean about the Ike guilds, but this is the one and only true Toon Link guild! We pwn everyone else's souls with our Sword of Evil's Bane.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
NOT CLICHE, IT'S THE BEST OF ALL BESTEST'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I made a sig for KotDK, I'll be using this one soon instead of the one you guys already made. You can take it and put it on the first page for others to find, or, if you hate it, just don't bother!

If you want a bigger or smaller one, PM me or something.

you have 1337 posts.
Wow

Yeah, don't spam like that please :)
NOT CLICHE, IT'S THE BEST OF ALL BESTEST'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I made a sig for KotDK, I'll be using this one soon instead of the one you guys already made. You can take it and put it on the first page for others to find, or, if you hate it, just don't bother!

It does seem rather big and intrusive now that I'm looking at it on the forum, if you want it scaled down a bit, just PM me or something.

EDIT: In fact, I think I'm going to make a few different sizes, I'll edit this post later with them.
Haha, that's just your old sig but with the KotDK XD

I'd try to make a sig, if I had Photoshop...and if I knew how to use Photoshop...

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Wow

Yeah, don't spam like that please :)

Haha, that's just your old sig but with the KotDK XD

I'd try to make a sig, if I had Photoshop...and if I knew how to use Photoshop...
I know it's my old sig, but I like the old sig.....So I just made it into a KotDK support sig instead of a Young Link support sig. Anything wrong with that?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Now, if we are the "Knights of the Drowned Kingdom," does that mean, using English grammar, that we are also Drowned Knights of the Kingdom? That's a new adjective for "knight", which is hard to find because you always just see cliche adjectives like black, white, dark, iron, etc knights.

Drowned Knights, go forth and conquer!

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Now, if we are the "Knights of the Drowned Kingdom," does that mean, using English grammar, that we are also Drowned Knights of the Kingdom? That's a new adjective for "knight", which is hard to find because you always just see cliche adjectives like black, white, dark, iron, etc knights.

You've given me something to think about.

I've been to those ike guild threads, and yeah... They could learn some stick-togetherness from the KotDK.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Wish I had a point to NOT spoil PH for myself....don't have a DS. *INSERT SAD FACE!!!!*

Oh well, most people will know who you're talking about no matter what you say, as long as it's just not plain "Link".
Yeah... Link is just Link.
But as soon as someone starts adding stuff to the name, it's pretty sure they mean our Link.
... That's kinda cool, actually. XD

And I don't have a DS, either... :(

Its official, people FEAR the Toon. Hehe....All according to plan *folds hands sinisterly*
I used to fear that Lil' Link might become overused like Fox.
Then I thought about how Diddy might become overused like Fox.
Ergo, I now fully embrace Lil' Link's overusage in tournaments. Better him than others.

I wished they hadn't said sword of evil's bane >.>, it sounds cliche...
I much prefer it over the Sword of Bane's Evil.

I like the background image, it's very iconic and cool. But the text is kind of... weird. I'm not sure how you could improve it. Maybe by making it subtly golden or so...

"Holy Wind" sounds good to me, though. ^^

It sounds kinda... unhealthy.
How about "Knights in Scuba Suits"?

You've given me something to think about.

I've been to those ike guild threads, and yeah... They could learn some stick-togetherness from the KotDK.
Speaking of stick-togetherness!

Assemble the counsel, dear knights!

I have received a request from the General of the newly-founded Twilight Princess Link club to form an alliance!

While I would personally welcome this development, I must first ask for your consent, for we live in an anachronistic democracy, baby!

Furthermore, they have enclosed contact information and locations into their members list. It appears to be a good idea to emulate this!

Once an alliance is formed, I believe the time has come to make more out of our club - err - knightly order, than a mere band of men! (And... women. Any here, actually?)
Prepare yourselves, dear knights!

( Man, I LOVE talking like that. XD )

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Hey I started the Link clan, let's be allies!
We'll also be allies with the Meta Knight, Marth, Ike, and Pit clans.

Let swordsmen rule SWF!!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Fawriel, do you not like the colors of the text? I can change it. I was trying to get green for the character and blue for the wind and water. If you want anything changed, even the background, hit me up. I'm no expert at Photoshop, but I can do the basics, so if you want anything, I'll try.

I would be glad to make an alliance with the Heroes of the Twili. I might make some more sig's if I can find some cooler pictures, or if anyone wants anything specific, ask me, and I will try. Again, just a novice. Anyway, I agree with the location information, and I have posted my info below.

Here is my info. I added the actual name of the section (ie: email) so other Knights don't have to copy and paste from the Twilight Heroes thread. Although, I'm addng another section myself, this will be for people who already know the name of their account/character or whatever actually IN Brawl (Talking about the 5-letter names). Albeit, it's not very important, but good to know.

SWF name : Kabyk-Greenmyst
Brawling name : Kabyk [go figure. lol]
E-mail : akoelmel @ ramapo.edu
Instant messenger : Sylvos Assassin [AIM]
Friend code : (Coming March 9th, although I will upload my Wii FC later)

Lastly, being part of a larger order of people, such as a membership of all the swordsman clans, might be an interesting idea. But I think the members might get too big and then there is no one left to be our rivals! :dizzy:
However, I must ask that we never make an alliance with any R.O.B. clan. This is the only thing I shall never accept and I will have to disband myself if the day ever comes. It's just some personal issues, nothing to fret over.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Also, no alliance ever in any case under no circumstances with Falcon or Diddy clubs.

But, personally, I'm not too fond of a larger ring of clubs based on swordsmen. I'd much prefer a smaller one including both Links and Zelda. Maybe Sheik, too.

As for the sig, yeah, the text kinda bothers me. It doesn't stand out enough since those are the colors already prevalent in the background image, the color combination looks a tad odd... I'd try something golden, or even better, red, perhaps with a subtle gradient. Solid color is a little boring and can clash with the BG, but too much gradient looks weird and hard to read...
The background is awesome, as I said. Just the text should be changed, specifically the color. There might be better options for the font, but none that I could suggest from memory. If your program has a wide variety of fonts available, it really helps a lot to try a lot of them. The font in my signature was picked very carefully, for example. It'd be much less funny with most different ones, I think.

Haha the Triforce Clan sounds awesome (if we add an alliance with the Ganons that is).
I thought when Brawl comes out, we could somehow get all the characters in a stage (preferably a LoZ one) and get a pic of them all taunting. That could be a cool sig right there.

@Kabyk: I just thought of something. I barely started Twilight Princess (GC version), so for the people that never played Phantom Hourglass, they have an advantage over me (until I beat the game that is...:chuckle:)
As for the KotDK sig you made, the font does look a bit weird. I thought the color was good though. If you want more fonts, you can download them at dafont.com
There's a wide variety of fonts there, and I think a good one for the sig would be found under the "Gothic" style fonts.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I already asked terywj to add us to his Twilight Heroes list of allies, hope that's ok.

Fawriel and Underestimated, I will mock up a few different color swaps and post them. I do, however, like the gradient I placed on the first part with the Holy Wind. But you're right, it's a tad hard to read the name. Let me get back to y'all later with them.

EDIT: Are we doing the personal info stuff? If not, I dont want to feel like a ******* and be the only one with personal info up on the thread. lol

Fawriel

Smash Master
Durrh. I wrote a long reply explaining things and then it got killed because of some error.

So here's the short version:
You shouldn't decide such things on your own but in this case it was okay because we can probably all agree to the alliance just don't do it again have some tea.

Here's the short version of the important part:

Ranks will be introduced soon and anyone who isn't already a visibly active and/or valuable poster in this thread will have to provide some of their information to rise above the lowest rank.
Of course, every member's asked to provide this stuff, it just doubles as a test of activity and willingness to contribute for those who don't show up as often.

Use this format that I conveniently yoinked from Kabyk and sprayed with different colors. You can quote this post to copy it easily, in case you didn't know.
Also, don't disclose your complete e-mail address, with the @ and everything. Spambots will pick it up and murder you in your sleep.

SWF name: Fawriel
Brawling name: Faw
E-mail: fawriel at gmail.com
Instant messenger: Fawriel [AIM]; fawriel@hotmail.com [MSN]
Friend code: N/A

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Alright, so I changed the colors. New one is my sig. I'm working on a completely original one for the clan, but it might take a while.
Also, I apologize for making the decision, but I just didn't see anything wrong with confirming the alliance between Link and Toon Link.

And thanks for the tip on emails, that might be why I get a lot of spam as it is right now.

I thought we weren't doing ranks...well since we are, have the names for each rank been decided?

SWF Name: ylink_underestimted
Melee/Brawl Name: Paré
E-Mail: dis_frikken_dude@yahoo.com
IM: [MSN]pyro_ofdarkness@hotmail.com
Friend Code: N/A (until March)

So Twilight Heroes are our only allies for now?

Edit: Nice Kabyk :)

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
SWF Name: PaperLink
Melee/Brawl Name: PLnk
E-Mail: paperlink 0 at hotmail.com
IM: None
Friend Code: N/A (until March)

So, how do ranks work around here?

Stimpy

Smash Apprentice
SWF name: Stimpy
Brawling name: .S, STIMP
E-mail: stimpy.is.stimpy at gmail dot com
Instant messenger: Stimpy Has AIDS[AIM]
Friend code: N/A

I'm really liking the TLink community, I support it.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
The ranks need to be named accordingly to the clan, like, Wind Rider and Puddle-Squatter (low rank). The top can be something along the lines of Paladin of the Cyclone or Hydro Commander. lol.

underestimated, thanks! If anyone else wants to use it, go right ahead.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, how do ranks work around here?
The criteria I can think of are the time at which you joined ( before or after he was confirmed, and before or after he was confirmed to be ridiculously good; those who already supported him before the fact get higher or possibly just different ranks ); the amount and quality of your activity in this thread; possibly any other achievements you've made ( like how Stryks made our sigs first and writes the club war comic and all that... ). I'd judge the willingness to defend WW Link before his confirmation as an accomplishment, but there's only one person I can recall who actually did that actively in more threads than this one, and it would be a veteran-exclusive anyway. Or is there still any need to defend Lil' Link after his confirmation? I haven't really bothered to read the complaining threads.

Shortly put, I think the handful of active veterans we had and still have will get their own ranks to signify their seniority, and might just all get individual ranks because I know them best and there's not a lot of them anyway.
The rest will have to show their worthiness by doing stuff.

I've been delaying a lot of important tasks lately, so please be patient with the actual implementation of the ranks. My other thread is more important right now.
Until then, go and suggest some rank names.

I'd imagine that the second-lowest would be something like "green-clad squire", the veterans would be called "the counsel", something like that.

EDIT: Also, cookies for anyone who brings me the heads of the people who keep downrating this thread.

Niko90

Smash Cadet
If WW Link gets in, he's bound to get a stage.
And the best stage I can think of is the arena of the final battle in Wind Waker, the top of Ganondorf's tower, with the ocean crashing down at the sides.

Imagine it.

The most epic stage ever.
That would be an incredible stage. I can see it now....

Well for some names I just came up with...there not really good IMO, but it's some ideas of the topic:

1st rank: Hero of the Drowned Kingdom
2nd rank: Knight of Courage

skip (if there's more than 4 ranks at least)

2nd to last: Pirate Swabby/Tetra's New B****(haha jk)
last: Island Child/Island Dweller

Yeah they're based on the time in Wind Waker, but that's the point. The names could be based on the "chapters" of Wind Waker.
Names based on all the CS Link games would be a lot better, but that's all I want to do right now (I wanna play more of Twilight Princess haha).

Edit: @ Kabyk: I dunno if I'm gonna use it or not, but I saved it on my CPU (along with PXG's version)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Not telling you to use it, just saying it's there for anyone if they want. But I appreciate it.

Anyway, I like prefix titles for names, instead of whole titles. For example, Reverend Franklin, would be the guys name, not just "Reverend." And in the military, it's Captain/Commander/Sergeant So-and-So, etc.
We should have those too, like, instead of just being "Hero of the Drowned Kingdom" (If that becomes the name of rank 1), the person just has to be called "Hero Fawriel" or "Hero Kabyk".

I'm going to make a bunch of wind and water related names, lol. See if any of them are good for more than a laugh. It'll probably be more fun to come up with the names than actually using them. >.<

Top Bottom