• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
with you reasons you gave, Johnknight1, I think it's possible for WWLink to be in Brawl. And it wouuld be really cool if Sakurai decides to keep that Link in his Cel-Shaded model (after all, he created a character that is completely flat!). And if he gets a stage I hope he gets Tetra's Ship.

BTW:ylink_underestimted, that picture in your signature which shows melee's characters in an anime style caught my attention, is there a full picture of them?
Glad you support CS Link! (awesome JohnKnight, you got someone to think about it! :chuckle:)
Haha, no one's asked me that in a while. I've tried to look up pics a crap load of times, but I got as far as a Youtube Vid showing the "selection screen" with the chars in animé...
I asked the guy where he got the pic from coz there's a logo on the bottom right...I hope he answers back...

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Glad you support CS Link! (awesome JohnKnight, you got someone to think about it! :chuckle:)
Haha, no one's asked me that in a while. I've tried to look up pics a crap load of times, but I got as far as a Youtube Vid showing the "selection screen" with the chars in animé...
I asked the guy where he got the pic from coz there's a logo on the bottom right...I hope he answers back...
Meh, I still think it's creepy that they are all human.

@Fawriel: It probably got closed 'cause it's just asking to cause a flame war.

EDIT: Or 'cause it was posted in the wrong place.

Meh, I still think it's creepy that they are all human.

@Fawriel: It probably got closed 'cause it's just asking to cause a flame war.

EDIT: Or 'cause it was posted in the wrong place.
Oh yeah, you were the one that said they all looked creepy haha (I think they could've kept Pikachu and Pichu as mice or w/e because they were from an animé/manga anywayz)

Alright Fawriel's back in da hizza to check up on his G's coz dats wuts up...that is what's up right?

@Stryks: Did you ever make those sigs for the Knights? I feel like I missed something...
Speaking of the Knights, could someone please PM on who all the members are? It somewhat bothers me that I'm in a group and I hardly know anybody...

Fawriel

Smash Master

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Legolastom was banned since November MRKM was banned for two weeks, but I cant be bothered to log out and go back into the account -.- *Chops of YLUnderestimted's hand* *Eats cookie*

Just for fun, to debunk "no moveset potential" guys, or guys who say we have to pick one...

Minish Cap Link:

B: Gust Jar
Smash B: Mole Mitts
Up B: Roc's Cape
Down B: Cane of Pacci
Final Smash: Minish Cap

Wind Waker Link:

B: Hurricane Slash
Smash B: Skull Hammer
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Magic Shield
Final Smash: Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass Link:

B: Bombchu
Smash B: Hammer
Up B: Cyclone
Down B: Shovel
Final Smash: Phantom Sword

Four Sword Link:

B: Slingshot
Smash B: Pegasus Boots
Up B: Bombos
Down B: Quake
Final Smash: Four Swords

Pretty simple.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Olimar confirmed. Only a matter of time till... "Shell" Link ; ) Also added your sig to mah sig Stryk's. We just need an Olimar one now.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I love this idea, and it seems an obvious choice. Zelda's such a major franchise, and this character's so unique from adult Link and has made appearances in numerous games.

I'd play him. :)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Wind Waker Link kicks such ***. Hope he makes it, scratch that, I KNOW he will make it. =o)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Medli was a Sticker? I'm pretty sure she was a trophy in that update...a Makar Sticker/Trophy would be cool too XD

Hmm...that Stage sounds more awesome than it did now :chuckle: That would be a cool Stage. My pick is either Ganon's Tower (Final Battle) or The Great Sea :)

Ahh hahaha
Yeah there are still a lot of people who still see that way. It gets annoying when the say CS Link and TP Link are the same, therefore CS Link deconfirmed :dizzy:
The only reason why I think Ike replaced Roy is because of Roy's reason to be in Melee. Roy's still cool though (Did FE6 get popular?).
Midna deconfirmed for being female haha (that sounds sexist of me) Ganon deconfirmed for being male and a villain (there u go).

IMO CS Link shouldn't be too Wind Waker based either. He's CS Link (which is the the reason why I hardly ever type WW Link anymore). Some Minish Cap and Four Swords stuff would be cool to see too. Oh well, only time will tell (by the time CS Link's update comes up which I really think will have the name Young Link, where Sakurai explains what happened to our Melee (OT) Young Link. Haha!)
No matter what LOZ stage we get, it shall be awsome. Hopefully awsome as Hyrule Temple's look, and a hybhrid of Hyrule Castle's and Termania's size. But a tour would be awsome. Get a real "Feel" for the game, even more so then in Delfino Plaza! :)

with you reasons you gave, Johnknight1, I think it's possible for WWLink to be in Brawl. And it wouuld be really cool if Sakurai decides to keep that Link in his Cel-Shaded model (after all, he created a character that is completely flat!). And if he gets a stage I hope he gets Tetra's Ship.
You should just see my moveset. Only two moves the same (sword plant down air; but it's a spike, is stronger, and is based of the Wind Waker's ending...ya, THAT SCENE! >_>) (spin attack, but it's like Young Link's in Melee, but with a tad more range, more power, and it can hit opponents similar to Mario's up B with tremendous power, but not as much power). Ya I said it-original character. More original then most smash characters, actually. >_>

HEHE...that makes....A LOT! I've actually convinced a lot of people to want Wind Waker Young Link in Brawl, and some could possibly surprise you. A lot even hated the idea. ;)

Also, as I said it should "mainly" be based off Wind Waker, with some Phantom Hourglass in the mix. Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures Link (same thing), and Minish Cap Link all have the moves as other Links. The only "original" Link is Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link. The only Link that comes close to his originality as a "Link" is Zelda II Link. And every Link has his basic stabs, swordplant, and up plant thingy (in smash). FS/FSA Links all have the same slices, but there are more of them. If multiplying Wind Waker Link was a Final Smash, that'd be AWSOME! :)

If some Minish Cap move or two got in, great. But really not too much Minish Cap and FS/FSA stuff is needed. Mainly base Young Link's regular moves off Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass Link (same Link), and have some FS/FSA/MC Link(s) influence, and a few moves.

Actually, now that I think about it, Young Link's Final Smash SHOULD BE pulling out the Four Sword, and the Four Swords Link appears. All 4 of them team together like a super-team version of the Ice Climbers (not invincible, and last much longer then Giga Bowser; maybe until a KO?). They team on everyone, and work as a team to take anyone out. And they aren't retarted like Nana in Melee! :laugh:

That'd be cool, eh? :)

Woaw, the only three characters with 3 votes on Sakurai's poll that are unconfirmed are Krystal, Wind Waker Link, and Takamaru. Captain Olimar had 3 votes, Lucas 2, the Pokémon Trainer 1, Ike and Diddy Kong 4, Sonic was TOO GODLY TO HAVE VOTES, and King Dedede 5. I know it's a outline, but you got to admit, that ALONG makes Wind Waker Link's chances ENOURMOUS! The only two unconfirmed characters to have more votes are Ridley and Geno still, and we could see Ridley go soon (to the confirmed list), like Olimar, to show off his originality! ;)

Glad ur back fawriel

and hers the new thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=134063

dont worry knights of the drowned kingdom will get rep XD
WOAWz, I just DROWNED! :laugh: I need to draw a picture! Man, I'll be in loads of clubs...Knights of Elibe, the Geno Alliance, Club R.M.B., and most important Knigths of a Drowning Kingdom (actually R.M.B. is most important, because Mega Man's chances are much lower then Wind Waker Young Link's shoe-in chances; no offense. Same reason IDC about Krystal or Ridley threads). >_>

HEHE...that's a neat idea you got there Stryks. As well as a AWSOME signature. *drowns* :laugh:

@ ~Krystal~
QFT. He is TOO GOOD! Now let us wait...wait for the update CONFIRMING Young Link is not a clone. He's not your average characters. He's Super Original. And he's cel-shaded! :)

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
just something i noticed that could mean good things for Celda Link, when I was looking over the coin launcher update one of the trophies won was a Link trophy, it said Link (Zelda Twilight Princess)

Why would it say the specific game the design came from unless there was another Link? Again it COULD mean good things for WW Link but it could just mean he's a trophy too.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
So, has anyone ever suggested that Down-B for Windwaker Link be Iron Boots?

Usage in mid-air would, obviously, be likened to doing Kirby's Down-B, but when he lands he doesn't have to remove the boots to regain function, he can attack whilst grounded

The interesting functionality comes when W.Link is on the ground with his Iron Boots. As you can probably guess, he loses a ton of mobility, but the advantage is that Link is practically glued to the ground from all the weight, it's extremely difficult to knock him into the air with them on. He can still attack with them on, he just can't move much

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I really want this guy in!

My moveset idea

b- gust jar- Suck in air and foes and then shoots them back out, sucked in air would do damage when shot back at foes.
side b- mole mitts- Swipes both claws forward.
Up B- Rocs Cape- Does a big jump and then can glide with the cape.
down B- Flame Lantern-Swings the flame lantern in front of him and can light foes on fire so they gradually take more damage.

Legolastom was banned since November MRKM was banned for two weeks, but I cant be bothered to log out and go back into the account -.- *Chops of YLUnderestimted's hand* *Eats cookie*
What happened, spamming?
Is it too late to cut open the stomach and take for myself? Yes? Oh well...*looks in Lego's toilet*
Just for fun, to debunk "no moveset potential" guys, or guys who say we have to pick one...

Minish Cap Link:

B: Gust Jar
Smash B: Mole Mitts
Up B: Roc's Cape
Down B: Cane of Pacci
Final Smash: Minish Cap

Wind Waker Link:

B: Hurricane Slash
Smash B: Skull Hammer
Up B: Deku Leaf
Down B: Magic Shield
Final Smash: Wind Waker

Phantom Hourglass Link:

B: Bombchu
Smash B: Hammer
Up B: Cyclone
Down B: Shovel
Final Smash: Phantom Sword

Four Sword Link:

B: Slingshot
Smash B: Pegasus Boots
Up B: Bombos
Down B: Quake
Final Smash: Four Swords

Pretty simple.
Some kind of mix would be awesome, but I'm too lazy to make one up right now...
So, has anyone ever suggested that Down-B for Windwaker Link be Iron Boots?

Usage in mid-air would, obviously, be likened to doing Kirby's Down-B, but when he lands he doesn't have to remove the boots to regain function, he can attack whilst grounded

The interesting functionality comes when W.Link is on the ground with his Iron Boots. As you can probably guess, he loses a ton of mobility, but the advantage is that Link is practically glued to the ground from all the weight, it's extremely difficult to knock him into the air with them on. He can still attack with them on, he just can't move much
I made one with Iron Boots as CS Link's DownB from my MoveSet from ages ago, but I basically took the idea from the original post of the thread at the time (the thread where this thread was planned). I seem to think of some kind of mix between your idea, and the one in my moveset.

Hmm...this is really tough. I can't seem to find the reason as to why Legolastom was banned...

OH YEA!
@JohnKnight: Forgot to say, a Stage that would be just as cool to have a "feel" of the Great Sea was the reason why I thought it'd be cool, but after hearing it be kind of like Delfino Plaza, it seems like the spot was already taken :ohwell:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
It'd SO AWESOME if WW link joined! May I join the support group?
It would indeed! Why certainly young sir! (Pardon the assumption.)

It's a tie between WW Link, and Megaman for my most wanted... Man I really want that little green wearing guy to be in! Just think of the awesome costumes he could have! Like his blue shirt with a lobster on it! The absolute joy!

Top Bottom