• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes but that is it, they are two different blue haired people.
And TP Link (the Link in Brawl) is CLEARLY a different person from WW Link. What's your point?

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
What, 2 blue-haired caped guys with swords don't look alike? I beg to differ.

On a different note, anyone here want to do battle mode on PH?
Speaking of which, do I need a network or can I use the adapter straight with my PC and internet connection?

@ Bassoonist: If you are being serious, I too want WW Link to have an entirely new moveset, so you aren't alone in here. I would like to see other awesome Zelda equipment in action.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Man, are people still seriously arguing that he shouldn't be in? I must return to defend the cause of the great child hero; WW LINK!!! (Well, I didn't read anything TOO harsh from the recent past, but I'm here nonetheless.)

On a side note, why do I constantly get a pop up that says I have new IM messages, when I've read them all, and marked them all as "read." When I delete some of the newest ones, the I get a pop up telling me that I have next oldest in line. What a pain having to keep hitting cancel.

Oh, and one more thing. My prediction time is almost spent. I predicted he would be announced on the DOJO by December 31st. Has anyone else's predictions already failed, or are some of you still waiting to see if yours will actually be right?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes but that is it, they are two different blue haired people.
And so are WW link and TP link, they may be incarnation, hell they may have the same name but theyre diferent people in diferent timeline, seriously I was like u, I never played WW cause of the childish feel, but when I played it, I was blowned away I actually believe its better than twilight, because its more zelda-ish than twilight, were the triforce was the least of the problem, it was the twilight realm and shadow dudes...

Now to the other guy, WW links Upb could easily be his Deku leaf, float ala Peachs upb, but on the ground it sends out a huge gust of powerful wind...
Hurricane spin for a side b that works similair to jigglys and yoshis roll attack, gets dizzy if used to long
and I had 2 other moves but its been son long since ive played WW I cant remember, BUT I do know his sword skills are diferent from that of the usual link, like TPs link...

he can be diferent, and if anyone thinks he cant fit for his cartoony feel:

courte

Smash Lord
i don't see midna having high chanced quite personally
but then again im not gonna be fighting for it or against it-- i'm fine waiting for the game to come out about that

but personally i'd hope that mario, pokemon, and zelda have an abnormally high numbers of reps they are the cream of nintendo's crop

6-7 chars each ftw!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I hope if WW Link gets in it totally demolishes the chances for Midna.

Heck I just hope Midna's chances are totally demolished anyway!
. . . Soo, you want LESS character's in? That doesn't make sense to me. . . if you like CC Ylink than you should be happy if he is in. . .Midna being in shouldn't bother at that point.:ohwell:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
. . . Soo, you want LESS character's in? That doesn't make sense to me. . . if you like CC Ylink than you should be happy if he is in. . .Midna being in shouldn't bother at that point.:ohwell:
No, He's saying that he wants CSL In so Midna won't get in since he doesen't want midna guessing by the post (Which him being in would hardly affect midna's chances...In a way.) Her real competition is the number of LOZ Reps and with Vaati; Because i think we are all sure that the "Young-link Cel shaded" Has more priority over midna, I Definantly can't wait to see young link return.(If he is that is.) I Wonder what moves they will give him.

Oh and btw nice first post :).

Black/Light

Smash Master
No, He's saying that he wants CSL In so Midna won't get in since he doesen't want midna guessing by the post (Which him being in would hardly affect midna's chances...In a way.) Her real competition is the number of LOZ Reps and with Vaati; Because i think we are all sure that the "Young-link Cel shaded" Has more priority over midna, I Definantly can't wait to see young link return.(If he is that is.) I Wonder what moves they will give him.

Oh and btw nice first post :).
I understand exactly what he was saying. He doesn't like Midna and hopes CS YLink blows her "chances" out the window. . . what I don't get is that he seems to want less characters.

If CS YL gets in than why should be care what happens to Midna? Really, thats like hoping your friend's grandMam dieds so that he could get her left over money for you to barrow some. . .just hope for some money! People shouldn't be naive enuff to only want character's they like in this game.

Thats like. . . me hoping Bowser Jr gets in and blows Geno's changes away cause I don't like Geno. I really don't like Geno. . . don't think he will get in. . . but by no means do I care about the thing if I get Bowser Jr.

I gotta say though, I don't think Midna has a chance.

She's not a regular character, and as we can see, the only characters to appear in Smash have been:

1. Regular characters in their respective series
2. Mascots of their respective series
3. Current stars of their respective series
4. Retro star
5. Third party mascot

Mario - Mascot
Pikachu - Mascot
Link - Mascot
Kirby - Mascot
Donkey Kong - Mascot
Samus Aran - Mascot
Yoshi - Regular character
Fox McCloud - Mascot
Jigglypuff - Regular character
Luigi - Regular character
Captain Falcon - Mascot
Ness - Mascot (at least the most popular character in the series and the mascot at the time)
Princess Peach - Regular character
King Bowser - Regular character
Princess Zelda/Sheik - Regular character
Ice Climbers - Retro star
Marth - "Mascot"
Mewtwo - Regular character
Mr. Game & Watch - Mascot
Dr. Mario - Mascot
Falco Lombardi - Regular character
Roy - Current star
Young Link - Regular character
Ganondorf - Regular character
Pichu - Regular character
Pit - Retro star
Wario - Mascot
Meta Knight - Regular character
Ike - Current star
Pokémon Trainer - "Mascot"
Diddy Kong - Regular character
Lucas - Current star
King Dedede - Regular character
Snake - Third party star
Sonic - Third party star

Midna, really, does not fit anything.

She's not retro, third party star, regular, current star, or a mascot. She's a major secondary character in a single game last year.

Black/Light

Smash Master
This topic has nothing to do with Midna but Sheik was a one-of character and Roy fits the same role. . .

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I gotta say though, I don't think Midna has a chance.

She's not a regular character, and as we can see, the only characters to appear in Smash have been:

1. Regular characters in their respective series
2. Mascots of their respective series
3. Current stars of their respective series
4. Retro star
5. Third party mascot

Mario - Mascot
Pikachu - Mascot
Link - Mascot
Kirby - Mascot
Donkey Kong - Mascot
Samus Aran - Mascot
Yoshi - Regular character
Fox McCloud - Mascot
Jigglypuff - Regular character
Luigi - Regular character
Captain Falcon - Mascot
Ness - Mascot (at least the most popular character in the series and the mascot at the time)
Princess Peach - Regular character
King Bowser - Regular character
Princess Zelda/Sheik - Regular character
Ice Climbers - Retro star
Marth - "Mascot"
Mewtwo - Regular character
Mr. Game & Watch - Mascot
Dr. Mario - Mascot
Falco Lombardi - Regular character
Roy - Current star
Young Link - Regular character
Ganondorf - Regular character
Pichu - Regular character
Pit - Retro star
Wario - Mascot
Meta Knight - Regular character
Ike - Current star
Pokémon Trainer - "Mascot"
Diddy Kong - Regular character
Lucas - Current star
King Dedede - Regular character
Snake - Third party star
Sonic - Third party star

Midna, really, does not fit anything.

She's not retro, third party star, regular, current star, or a mascot. She's a major secondary character in a single game last year.
Are we forgetting the category that Sheik fit in?

When development of Brawl started TP was in the making. So really it can be called the "current Zelda" in Brawl terms.

1. Roy was the main character, the most important character in his respective game, and the most current star of the series, put in to prep him for his series. Midna is a major supporting character in a single game, not the most important character in her respective game, and not even a star. Roy is in the same boat as Lucas and Ike.

2. Sheik is an ability of Zelda's more so than a character. It is not like Midna would be in the same role when she is not even the important character of TP, and she isn't a transformation of anyone. Sheik, like I said, fits into none of the categories, but should not be considered a character. She only got in because Sheik is an important aspect of Zelda. Midna would not get in for that reason.

And I responded to the point of Midna because it was brought up. And I'd rather not have a 200 page debate over if Sheik counts.

Black/Light

Smash Master
1. Roy was the main character, the most important character in his respective game, and the most current star of the series, put in to prep him for his series. Midna is a major supporting character in a single game, not the most important character in her respective game, and not even a star. Roy is in the same boat as Lucas and Ike.

2. Sheik is an ability of Zelda's more so than a character.
Take this to the Midna topic where you will learn something about her. . . I don't feel like spaming this thread with off topic stuff.

Chepe

Smash Lord
I like the idea of this type Link taking over Young Link's role in Brawl, but I do expect him to have completely different B moves for the most part. Soooooo many unique items from the games he has been in that it would be like making Ganondorf a clone of an unrelated character (yeah...) if he didnt use them.

So what would he be called on the roster screen? This is something I think about a lot with Zelda characters it seems (Wolf Link and Midna, etc)... I doubt it would be Windwaker Link. But Young Link doesnt fit with him to me, because he has no adult form in his games... Cel Link? I like that one but Im not sure what the popular opinion is. But I think name is an important issue here...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I dunno, the fact that I made a list showing that everyone fits into categories that Midna doesn't fit into shows it, right?
1. Where was Sheik?
2. Brawl is a different game. I know people get annoyed with that argument, but it's the truth. We have no idea how the final roster will turn out.

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
WW Link is my number 3 most wanted Brawler (behind Olimar and Claus) so you have my support!

Oh and did you mean to call Sheik cheap in one of your paragraphs? If so good for you!

1. Where was Sheik?
2. Brawl is a different game. I know people get annoyed with that argument, but it's the truth. We have no idea how the final roster will turn out.
A different game which with every single announced character has followed this formula to a "T".

And let me ask you - what does it say about Midna's chances when the only character in a similar position is a transformation of Zelda, and her inclusion is necessary for Sheik to be in?

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
Well, even though I've only played like, what, 3 minutes of TP, I'd like to see Midna in as PC (only if CS Link didn't make it in of course).
Sheik, even though...it was a move, still counts as a character in my book. Why? Sheik had a trophy. Even if you beat Classic of Adventure with Zelda, you would still get a Sheik trophy.
So yeah...I think Midna still has chance.

Wait so were now the Knights of the drowned kingdom_ cool il lswitch my art and the sigs later on...

Knights ASSEMBLE!
AWW. I wish I was there at the time to assemble.
Oh, and can't wait for the sigs Stryks! BTW: Who are all the Knights? I'm thinking of drawing a pic with all the Knights (like what my cousin did with her guild on WoW).

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten

2. Sheik is an ability of Zelda's more so than a character. It is not like Midna would be in the same role when she is not even the important character of TP, and she isn't a transformation of anyone. Sheik, like I said, fits into none of the categories, but should not be considered a character. She only got in because Sheik is an important aspect of Zelda. Midna would not get in for that reason.

And I responded to the point of Midna because it was brought up. And I'd rather not have a 200 page debate over if Sheik counts.
Please? Sheik deserving the spot more that Midna? Midan not being an important character? Pah! Midna ws the main protagonist of TP, she just brought Link along for the ride. Who tells Link where to go, what to do? Who actually, physically helps him do it? Who risks their life to weaking God Ganon? Who saved Link from inprisonment? Who broke into Hyrule? Who
is the Twilight Princess?
Midna! Midna did everything but the puzzles, which she had Link do for her. What did Sheik do? Teach him teleportation songs that let him get around faster and said more cryptic crap than a fortune cookie. Did Sheik be playable? No. Did Sheik even fight anyone? No. Midna was waaaay more important that Sheik. Hands down.

And to the WW Link, I find him as a given. Nobody took well to Y. Link and WW Link is the obvious replacement. I don't even need to cross my fingers for his inclusion, I already can see him in the roster.

'Nuff said.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And let me ask you - what does it say about Midna's chances when the only character in a similar position is a transformation of Zelda, and her inclusion is necessary for Sheik to be in?
Honestly, I don't see what that has to do with anything. Sheik was still very much playable. She was only less playable than another character because her down b is just a transformation, but it doesn't matter.

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
She didn't get her own slot because she was a move of Zelda's.
As I said: If Sheik was only counted as a move of Zelda's, why then did...it get a trophy? Not a only a trophy, but 2 other Smash Trophies where the moves are listed. Also, Sheik got a Kirby Hat, just like any other character.
Plus, that'd be saying Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are just moves of Pokémon Trainer, and you're basically not even using him!

So yeah. Midna has a pretty good chance, Sheik is going to return (that quote from before was proven to be real right?), but I still think CS Link has a higher chance than the both of them. XD

Oh yeah, I would still like to know who are all the members of the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Phantom Hourglass is very, very fun. It's totally the sequel to Windwaker and the controls are pretty revolutionary. WW Link totally reserves to make the cut.

Also, congrats to our fearless leader Fawriel for being nominated as "Friendliest Memeber." A more deserving person on SWF there is not.

Top Bottom