• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

Why is Sonic in that image?

And, on the subject of the stage, I honestly believe that it should be the Great Sea - think about it. A scrolling level where the characters ride on a slightly expanded version of Linebeck's ship, water everywhere, occasional platforms scrolling past, hurricanes, whirlpools, tornados, Octoroks popping out of the sea, pirate ships, etc.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Whisper in the Wind
That sounds... poetic.
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound much like a club name at all...

Though while we're at it:
Wind Of Change! =D

Though all these wind-suggestions play on the Wind Waker part, while the character is so much more universal...
How about something more abstract, like...

The Neon Greens... or... Bucket of Colors! ... Stop staring at me like that.

*sigh* I guess Guardians of the Wind will do if people are okay with it...

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Now, I am not a WW Link hater and I really don't care if he gets in but:

That's a terrible defense.

Luigi is just another plumber?
Ike is just another Swords man, so, you know, they relate so much.

Falco and Fox are space animals but at least they look different and don't have the same name.

Correction:
Zamus IS Samus

Shiek isn't another Zelda. =| Shiek is Zelda's alter. They may be they same being but they're different people besides, Sheik didn't even take up space and the same thing is with Zamus.

Jigger is another Pink Puffball.
Jigger is also another Pokemon. Same Arguement above with Luigi.

The problem with WW Link (and Paper Mario) is that there's already a LINK and a MARIO.

Now, this is just me but, I do not look at clones by their moveset TBH. In my mind, Ganon was a clone but a whole different person than Capt. Falcon. Young Link was a clone because, not just because of his moveset, but he is literally another Link. Same goes for Paper Mario.

I say if WW Link gets in than so should OoT and 8-bit Link should get in too.
This is EXACTLY why i think ww link should not be in. No matter what way you put it, WW link is always going to be link no matter what. The Art dosent even matter. They are still the same green hooded, and green clothed, sword using person named Link.

courte

Smash Lord
This is EXACTLY why i think ww link should not be in. No matter what way you put it, WW link is always going to be link no matter what. The Art dosent even matter. They are still the same green hooded, and green clothed, sword using person named Link.
they did make a thread called the complaint thread, and i also made a thread called the all character mourning

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=130136

this thread is in the support index, therefore it is a support thread; please support or go there ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So because they have very, very few similarities, the vast number of differences are of great irrelevance.

Fawriel

Smash Master
"The Subsea Emissaries"! ... or "Wind ****ers"!

Okay, okay. Seriously now.

We have "Guardians of the Wind". It's already on all the images and stuff, so it'd be easiest to keep it.
Then there's "The Woodwind Orchestra". Which I personally find original and pretty somehow, plus, it has the WW.

"Pirates of the Wind" works well, too.
"Warriors of the Wind" and "Knights of the Wind" are just as well, but pirates seem more relevant...
"Knights of the Drowned Kingdom" is a little sad, but rather interesting. I like it.
"Whisper in the Wind" is pretty, if more people approve of it, I'd be for it.

Hmmm...

Fawriel

Smash Master
...that certainly does your name justice.
Haha. I guess that works, too. What does everyone else think? Less is more?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Heroes of the wind?
I dont know lol, anyway needless to say Fawriel should be the leader of the group, I was the one that tought of a WW club some time ago, Id be a founder, ut whatever name suits fawriel, I guess it stays...

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
All, right, here is my Y.Link moveset:

^B Deku Leaf
>B Wind Waker
vB Phantom Hourglass (creates safety zone)
B Tingle Tuner (move Tingle icon to drop bomb)/
B Fire Swrod Beam (from PH)

FS Phantoms: Three phantoms come onto the stage as Y.Link diappears. Draw paths for them into an enemy to deliver a OHKO./

FS Minish Sword: 4 Copies of Link are created/

FS Hurricane Spin

Fawriel

Smash Master
Heroes of the wind?
I dont know lol, anyway needless to say Fawriel should be the leader of the group, I was the one that tought of a WW club some time ago, Id be a founder, ut whatever name suits fawriel, I guess it stays...
Whoa. Well, hm, alright. I can take that responsibility. Still, I don't want to choose a name that nobody agrees with... it's an important thing considering that we're too few and too unorganized to really be anything besides a name in our group. So the name must be poignant and interesting!

Guardians Of The Wind, Heroes Of The Wind or Pirates Of The Wind most clearly identify us as a group.

Woodwind Orchestra is the most colorful.

Knights Of The Drowned Kingdom is the most epic.

Whisper In The Wind is the prettiest.

The Wind is the most poignant.

Gimme votes here, people!

PS: Also, I must throw in "Rinku No Kaze" ( Wind of Link ) for some gratuitous Japanese. ^^

Stryks

Smash Hero
Wait Kaze means wind then?? wtf?

anyway Im starting to like Knights of the drowned kingdom, a bit long but very epic, thats a name that can make are club popular... anyway I vote for that...

I vote for the name as well... it represents old Hyrule better than "Knights of the forgotten Kingdom" because... well... the fact that its underwater defines it more than the fact that it is forgotten.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Are we done? I want to vote for Knights of the drowned kingdom.

Also throw in "Knights of Neo/New Hyrule" that's what they end up searching for anyway.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Alright! I'll assume that the members are...

Fawriel
Stryks
Mega-Ridley-Knight-Man
Gotann
courte
AuraLancer
Meta_Sonic64
smashbot226
Burning Lava
A Link to the Snitch

...and some others, but I can't just go adding people without their permission even if they are supporters.
Or did I list someone who doesn't actually want to join?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Alright, I sent a series of PMs to a bunch of supporters who have posted several times and haven't been active in here recently. We can add Burning Lava to the list already, so that's definitely a gain. ^^

Fawriel

Smash Master
That looks kinda cute. But I think Stryks already took the job of official club Photoshopper. Actually, with some color improvements and reformating, that could be turned into a neat logo. Which we could use once we start selling coffee cups or something. *scratches head*

I've been a pretty staunch supporter of WW Link.
I know, I just didn't add you yet because I don't recall you voicing any interest in joining, and I didn't send you a PM because I figured you were sure to say something if you are interested... so, I guess I'll add you now. ^^

Top Bottom