• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

San Diego, CA (in Yo Mama's house!) PM ME IF U WAN
...Right. The fact that Sheik is in a trailer = "they thought of her the very first second they put Zelda into the game!".

Which do you think came first - the trailer, or development of the game?
Does the fact that Sheik was an "after-thought" = not a character?

Oh n congrats for Fawriel! Come to think of it, I don't think there is any one more friendly than him, haha

CS Link 4 Brawl!!!

Edit: Oh yeah, and wasn't Sheik originally the character based on the concept of switching? That was what made Sheik and Zelda unique, right?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Actually he does.

And what? Your going to tell him how amazing important Midna is and how TP would never have existed without her? Well guess what, your wrong.
. . .So if you take the TP out of LoZ:TP you would still have the same game?

But really, what would I expect from someone who wants a CS Link to make a original, unique LoZ character "less likely"? Anytime you WANT a character to not get in simply because you don't like them you kill a kitten.:ohwell:

The fact that she was an after-thought - added to make Zelda more unique, not as her own separate character - means she is a lesser character than everyone else.

Like I've said, Sheik only got in because she is Zelda and has become an element OF Zelda. Midna wouldn't get in for those reasons.

...That because an unconventional character got in for unconventional reasons as an element of Zelda and not as her own character exclusive from Zelda won't matter for Midna, because she would be a conventional character, in the game as a conventional character.

...That because an unconventional character got in for unconventional reasons as an element of Zelda and not as her own character exclusive from Zelda won't matter for Midna, because she would be a conventional character, in the game as a conventional character.
Okay before this thread gets spammed with Midna, let's take this to the Minda Thread, yeah?

Answer this there (like quote me, then copy it there):
Were you referring Midna as conventional? If so, you just contradicted yourself. Either that or correct me if I read it wrong...

Edit: I just have to say: That costume thing with Wario today, what if Link had the same thing with our old Young Link? That'd be cool, and there could still be a slot for CS Link! XD

CS Link 2+2 Brawl!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Edit: I just have to say: That costume thing with Wario today, what if Link had the same thing with our old Young Link? That'd be cool, and there could still be a slot for CS Link! XD
Except Sakurai stated that Wario was special in the fact that he has an alternate costume. Meaning no other character will have an alternate costume. What a shame.:(

Except Sakurai stated that Wario was special in the fact that he has an alternate costume. Meaning no other character will have an alternate costume. What a shame.:(
Aw, true. Well, you never know though, he didn't say Wario was the only special one...does that bring any hopes up? Eh...
Heres a question.
What does everyone like about WW Link so much? I just dont see why he looks so cool to people.
I liked Wind Waker alot but didnt like the graphics especially done on Link at all.
Well, what you have to understand is that looks don't get characters into Smash. And the pretty much obvious answer to your question: first page in case you didn't notice :chuckle:

Mad555

Smash Ace
In Smithy's Factory Mains: Fox, Sheik Brawl Mains:
Aw, true. Well, you never know though, he didn't say Wario was the only special one...does that bring any hopes up? Eh...

Well, what you have to understand is that looks don't get characters into Smash. And the pretty much obvious answer to your question: first page in case you didn't notice :chuckle:
I know looks dont matter, i just wanted to know why people like him so much.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nah, from the way he worded it he clearly meant that Wario is alone special in the fact that he has an alternate costume. It's saddening really... but it's no mistranslation, so I think we should move on.:(

And seriously, I wonder why people don't read the original post... It's there for a reason, you know?:laugh:

Nah, from the way he worded it he clearly meant that Wario is alone special in the fact that he has an alternate costume. It's saddening really... but it's no mistranslation, so I think we should move on.:(

And seriously, I wonder why people don't read the original post... It's there for a reason, you know?:laugh:
Aw yeah. He said alone...aw well. It would've been awesome though. Well too bad!
Tomorrow... promise... I am the sig makér!! and yet I didnt get voted for best artist...
Do the Mods nominate people? If not, I could probably nominate you XD
So who are all the people that are gonna get the new sigs? (still haven't gotten an answer on who all the Knights are...)

Fawriel

Smash Master
Heres a question.
What does everyone like about WW Link so much? I just dont see why he looks so cool to people.
I liked Wind Waker alot but didnt like the graphics especially done on Link at all.
Taste, I suppose. The style is cute, expressive and funny. It's colorful. Yet it's not used on some puffball or an electric rodent.
I find it very refreshing to have a "big **** hero" who's not super-cool in the same way as a certain pilot who crash-landed right in the uncanny valley, or, god forbid, Captain Falcon...
Funny, but not ridiculous, cute, yet heroic. He's plain likable, I guess.

And... thanks to everyone who thinks that I'm that friendly.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Some people could say they don't like the look of G&W either. But again that's just taste.
I don't think the graphics of CSLink are an issue at all in terms of him being in the game or not.
Sure it's brought up alot but that's only because it's the first thing we see.
What's really gonna decide this is whether or not they want to keep the 2 Link thing in like the 2 Samus.

I hope they do, and think they will...

CSLink would be sweet in Brawl as a PC, what else matters?

Stryks - could you make me a sig? Anything with Pika, Kirby, Link, Samus, Fox, DK, Yoshi or Mario would be great. Just a few (or even one) of the original 8 in some random scene or whatever. I've never had a sig so I'll be happy with anything :)

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
This thread doesn't get much love. It's like we all support this Link only when we think about it.

I guess we're the "Knights Of The Drowned Kingdom Except When We Are Doing Something Else Which Is Most Of The Time.":laugh:

courte

Smash Lord
Gust Jar Vs. Deku Leaf ROUND 1 FIGHT!! or perhaps both. You can't use the leaf without wind

I always wanted CS Link to have some sort of bomb for his DownB (like the BombChu or something). I hope that doesn't sound too clone-like.
If Ganon's Tower (Final Battle) won't work out as a Stage, Outset Island or Forsaken Fortress would be cool.

Whoo! New sigs for the Nights (who I still haven't gotten an answer on who all of us are)!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
You mean crossbow training ^ haha

I always pictured CSLink with a bomb too. But he just has so many options for specials that bombs would seem generic (almost). A down swipe with a hammer, a gust of leafy wind. He can be more unique and deverse than that.
Though a bomb would always be nice :)

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Medli (from WW) has been confirmed as a throphy:

I'm not a WWLink supporter (I'd much rather have Midna), but I think he would make a good character if he has completely different moves from Link (like Deku Leaf as his Up B recovery move). I also loved WW and I'm glad it's represented, and if a char. like Medli is represented as a throphy it's very possible that WWLink will be a PC (along with a stage).

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Quite strange that Link's trophy is noted as " Link: Twilight Princess"

=/

This doesn't confirm WW Link in anyway, he could easily just be another trophy from WW, Like Medli, but it's quite interesting.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but Medli (from WW) has been confirmed as a throphy:

I'm not a WWLink supporter (I'd much rather have Midna), but I think he would make a good character if he has completely different moves from Link (like Deku Leaf as his Up B recovery move). I also loved WW and I'm glad it's represented, and if a char. like Medli is represented as a throphy it's very possible that WWLink will be a PC (along with a stage).
Wow, I can't believe I didn't notice that. I mean, I saw Medli but I just kept on reading...
Thanks for pointing that out pcamtz!
Quite strange that Link's trophy is noted as " Link: Twilight Princess"

=/

This doesn't confirm WW Link in anyway, he could easily just be another trophy from WW, Like Medli, but it's quite interesting.
Actually it's not a trophy, it's a sticker. I think it says Twilight Princess because it's showing where it originated from. Either that or it's because Link's in his TP model...it's not really weird. Well to me anyway.

No one really said it confirms CS Link. It's just to point out a chance of CS Link being in Brawl (starting with Tingle) either as PC or not (but we all know he's going to come in as PC anyway XD ).

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Actually it's not a trophy, it's a sticker. I think it says Twilight Princess because it's showing where it originated from. Either that or it's because Link's in his TP model...it's not really weird. Well to me anyway.

No one really said it confirms CS Link. It's just to point out a chance of CS Link being in Brawl (starting with Tingle) either as PC or not (but we all know he's going to come in as PC anyway XD ).
No no no no xD
I wasn't trying to argue against WW Link. I'm for him.
I was just bringing that up to add to the conversation =]

Sticker? Hm.
Didn't realise it's a sticker.
A well. Sort of thought it helped WW Link's chances, but I guess not =[

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I have put down Windwaker Link for some time but, you delivered it so well.

The thing that really pulled me in was the stage you mentioned, Ganon's Tower.
That was great.

You have my full support!
Even though Olimar is awesome too!

No no no no xD
I wasn't trying to argue against WW Link. I'm for him.
I was just bringing that up to add to the conversation =]

Sticker? Hm.
Didn't realise it's a sticker.
A well. Sort of thought it helped WW Link's chances, but I guess not =[
Yeah I know you weren't trying to argue. I was just saying :)

Link was a Sticker though. Not Medli. Medli was a trophy, thus helping CS Link's chances XD

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We already got Tingle, so that isn't a shocker. As for a stage - how's about a stage called "The Great Sea Pirate Cruise", or something=??? You take Tetra's Pirate Ship, and can view tons of islands and stuff from the Wind Waker=AWSOME! :)

I have a figured a way to declone Young Link (Wind Waker Style of course) even further then before. What is it=???? You'll see. ;) But let's just say Young Link would be as much like Link as Mario is to Bowser! :laugh:

We already got Tingle, so that isn't a shocker. As for a stage - how's about a stage called "The Great Sea Pirate Cruise", or something=??? You take Tetra's Pirate Ship, and can view tons of islands and stuff from the Wind Waker=AWSOME! :)

I have a figured a way to declone Young Link (Wind Waker Style of course) even further then before. What is it=???? You'll see. ;) But let's just say Young Link would be as much like Link as Mario is to Bowser! :laugh:
Don't forget Medli. The Stage idea sounds cool. I still go for the Ganon's Tower (Final Battle) Stage though. The idea of seeing all the islands though...it's kinda like Corneria in Melee XD

CS Link to Link=Mario to Bowser...I don't get it...:dizzy: Explain please!
Oh I've started Phantom Hourglass (finally) and it's sorta sad to see CS Link less jumpy than he usually is :chuckle: Either way the game is great.
Phantom Hourglass FS: CS Link gets the PH out, turns it upside-down and is immortal...for the rest of the brawl! :p Hah! jkjk

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Don't forget Medli. The Stage idea sounds cool. I still go for the Ganon's Tower (Final Battle) Stage though. The idea of seeing all the islands though...it's kinda like Corneria in Melee XD

CS Link to Link=Mario to Bowser...I don't get it...:dizzy: Explain please!
Oh I've started Phantom Hourglass (finally) and it's sorta sad to see CS Link less jumpy than he usually is :chuckle: Either way the game is great.
Phantom Hourglass FS: CS Link gets the PH out, turns it upside-down and is immortal...for the rest of the brawl! :p Hah! jkjk
I was refering to the Medli sticker. Hopefully we get that other guy as a sticker...the one who plays the violin? That one tree thing or whatever! :laugh:

Ganon's Tower is my next pick after a War Scene on Tetra's Ship and stuff, but just going through everything with the classic "Great Sea" tune orchestrated sounds great to me. Maybe even have sea warefare in the background the whole way/part of the way, and invade the Forsaken Fortress at one point or another! :)

The CS Link to Link is to Mario to Bowser thing goes like this. Mario shoots fireballs. Bowser can fire flamethrowers out of his mouth. "zOMG! BOWSER DECONFIRMED" joke. Just because two characters use swords, look the same, or use a similar attack or weapons or two DOES NOT DECONFIRM THEM OR EFFECT THEIR CHANCES! It's sorta a joke of some of those blatant fools who think random things confirm or deconfirm random things, such as character similarities. Ie: Marth and Ike having blue hair! OMFG! DECONFIMRED...when Roy, Ike, and Marth aren't anywhere near each other in swordsplay in their actual games.

And I say no to Young Link being "entirely" Phantom Hourglass-based, but he should have some moves or stuff from Phantom Hourglass. We have MGS4 and SM Galaxy stuff in Brawl, in which one of those games will come out at earliest in April 2008, and the other came out in November 2007. >_<

I was refering to the Medli sticker. Hopefully we get that other guy as a sticker...the one who plays the violin? That one tree thing or whatever! :laugh:

Ganon's Tower is my next pick after a War Scene on Tetra's Ship and stuff, but just going through everything with the classic "Great Sea" tune orchestrated sounds great to me. Maybe even have sea warefare in the background the whole way/part of the way, and invade the Forsaken Fortress at one point or another! :)

The CS Link to Link is to Mario to Bowser thing goes like this. Mario shoots fireballs. Bowser can fire flamethrowers out of his mouth. "zOMG! BOWSER DECONFIRMED" joke. Just because two characters use swords, look the same, or use a similar attack or weapons or two DOES NOT DECONFIRM THEM OR EFFECT THEIR CHANCES! It's sorta a joke of some of those blatant fools who think random things confirm or deconfirm random things, such as character similarities. Ie: Marth and Ike having blue hair! OMFG! DECONFIMRED...when Roy, Ike, and Marth aren't anywhere near each other in swordsplay in their actual games.

And I say no to Young Link being "entirely" Phantom Hourglass-based, but he should have some moves or stuff from Phantom Hourglass. We have MGS4 and SM Galaxy stuff in Brawl, in which one of those games will come out at earliest in April 2008, and the other came out in November 2007. >_<
Medli was a Sticker? I'm pretty sure she was a trophy in that update...a Makar Sticker/Trophy would be cool too XD

Hmm...that Stage sounds more awesome than it did now :chuckle: That would be a cool Stage. My pick is either Ganon's Tower (Final Battle) or The Great Sea :)

Ahh hahaha
Yeah there are still a lot of people who still see that way. It gets annoying when the say CS Link and TP Link are the same, therefore CS Link deconfirmed :dizzy:
The only reason why I think Ike replaced Roy is because of Roy's reason to be in Melee. Roy's still cool though (Did FE6 get popular?).
Midna deconfirmed for being female haha (that sounds sexist of me) Ganon deconfirmed for being male and a villain (there u go).

IMO CS Link shouldn't be too Wind Waker based either. He's CS Link (which is the the reason why I hardly ever type WW Link anymore). Some Minish Cap and Four Swords stuff would be cool to see too. Oh well, only time will tell (by the time CS Link's update comes up which I really think will have the name Young Link, where Sakurai explains what happened to our Melee (OT) Young Link. Haha!)

espio87

Smash Ace
with you reasons you gave, Johnknight1, I think it's possible for WWLink to be in Brawl. And it wouuld be really cool if Sakurai decides to keep that Link in his Cel-Shaded model (after all, he created a character that is completely flat!). And if he gets a stage I hope he gets Tetra's Ship.

BTW:ylink_underestimted, that picture in your signature which shows melee's characters in an anime style caught my attention, is there a full picture of them?

Top Bottom