• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Toon Link support thread, home to the Knights of the Drowned Kingdom!

So, stupid people will say that WW Link being Link as well negates being different in every other way, while smart people will say he's different based on what matters.

Fawriel

Smash Master
very nicely addressed, but little hole in it. your "Luigi and Mario Both Plumbers" logic to support ww link is a little bogus.
Since the other points were already addressed ( us Knights are used to being frowned upon! =P ), I'll go ahead and explain ( once again ) that my "logic" in that case is based on feeling... Mario and Luigi both feel similar to me, besides that they have different personalities. Now these two Links, despite being "Links", don't seem similar to me at all. I'm sure the same would be true for most people once they saw them in action...

I should probably edit the first post to make my point clear, but I have no time for that now...

shellblade

Smash Cadet
This is the translation I got from brawl central.
"Casual Wear Link" Trophy
It's Link in casual wear. He's wearing a cut-and-sewn V-neck shirt with a lobster design on both front and back. His orange capri pants coordinate his outfit. He's known as the fashion leader among the residents of Outset Island. Compared to his well-known green outfit, this one is more leisurely.
[Gamecube] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I've always felt that the child Link was the best representation of him & the series as a whole, & I think that the cel-shading was a great way to express this mood & character.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
This is the translation I got from brawl central.
"Casual Wear Link" Trophy
It's Link in casual wear. He's wearing a cut-and-sewn V-neck shirt with a lobster design on both front and back. His orange capri pants coordinate his outfit. He's known as the fashion leader among the residents of Outset Island. Compared to his well-known green outfit, this one is more leisurely.
[Gamecube] The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
This basically considers "Casual Wear" Link COMPLETELY separate from the CS Link with the green hero tunic.
Take it as you will.
I take it as a good omen.

courte

Smash Lord
i'm all for that 12 colors WW link FTW!!

of course this time around he'd better at least have some form of yellow[and black] dammit!!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Alternate Costumes aren't Wario exclusive. Samus hass some, too. Or at least one of the power suit looks (from when she breaks the power suit in MP on Frigat Orpheon, lol!). Anyways-that further helps Wind Waker Link's chances. Now he's making Ridley and Krystal jealous in terms of chances. :cool:
Niiiice. I like that kind of thinking. It really is amazing to think that CS/WW Link could really be in, and people would have to dish out the respect!

Well the way I saw it:
Link is running in the plains (I dunno). In another scene, CS Link is running, but in the same plains. They meet.
"HUH?" Both keep running.
Classic though, yes. They meet, then destroy...um Ganon.
Haha, I like that first part. I'm sure we'd both agree it could be elaborated on, but I can see something like that happening.

We already know of that, and we really can't tell what it means. It might be an additional trophy like Mario's Striker's sticker and his Raccoon suit in Melee, it might be one of the standard trophies, we don't even know whether you'll get trophies for each character for winning a single player mode like you did in Melee, we really know nothing.
In fact, this could increase his chances because it's not his standard outfit, which implies that there has to be at least one more trophy showing him in the green tunic, which would be a little much for a character who has no role in the game at all...

We know nothing. Let's just carry on.
I've always felt that the child Link was the best representation of him & the series as a whole, & I think that the cel-shading was a great way to express this mood & character.
Both just QFT

Well seeing how WW IS getting rep, theres no doubt he'll be confirmed in the upcoming weeks...
Yep, we'll know soon enough that he is in. I personally won't be on the gaming side of the net too much after the Japanese release, but yes, he will be confirmed soon.

courte

Smash Lord
KotDK... i really think you guys coulda picked a better name... but more power to ya!!

ComradeCanada

Smash Journeyman
^Warriors of the Winds: WotW.

Aside from that, he has the possibility of a completely different moveset from Link, such as Deku-Leaf B-up, Hammer B-Down, etc.,
Personally, I'd like to see Fierce Deity or Four Sword as his Final Smash.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Okay, this is my final take on what Y.Link's moves should be:

^ Special Deku Leaf: While airborne, you are elevated and glide. Small gust of wind while grounded.

>Special Wind Waker: Taking out the WW can allow you to do multiple things here are the different abilitites you could gain by pressing different directions:

Wind's Requiem-Quick gust of wind. High knockback, very low damage.
Ballad of Gales-Slower, but does more damage. Summons several small tornadoes infront of Y.Link.
Control Melody-Temporarily control a foe in a small radius.

Neutral Special Phantom Hourglass: Link creates a safety zone in which projectiles can not effect him. It is very quick to bring out, and lasts as long there is someone inside of it. Anyone can gain control of it by knocking Y.Link out of it.

v Special Bombchu: Link place a very nimble bomb on the ground that he may control.

Alternative Moves that may be used:
Tingle Tuner: Control a Tingle Icon to drop a bomb on someone.

Fire Blade (Phantom Hourglass power-up): Link shoots out a sword beam with flaming properties.

Skull Hammer: Not a very original choice, there are enough hammers! Link takes out his hammer, and whacks the ground. Very slow, high damage. Creates small shockwaves and stuns all in radius.

FS Hurricane Spin: Link quickly charages up the attack. Link now rapidly spins across the stage for a period of time. He may jump (if timed correctly). Difficult to avoid, a lot of damage, slightly lower knock back. Link is stunned for a brief period of time following the attack (3-5 seconds).

Alternative Final Smashes:
Phantoms: Link disappears off the screen; in his place come 3 phantoms. They are invincible, extremely slow, and jump very slowly. You may draw paths for them to go and attack. Any attack that lands will deliver and instant KO.

Four Swords: Link creates three duplicates of himslef. They are invincible, last a while, and deal x1.5 damage.

Valoo: Link jumps onto the dragon Valoo's back. You can move the beast across the stage and breathe fire to wreak havoc.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Alright! I'll assume that the members are...

Fawriel
Stryks
Mega-Ridley-Knight-Man
Gotann
courte
AuraLancer
Meta_Sonic64
smashbot226
Burning Lava
A Link to the Snitch

...and some others, but I can't just go adding people without their permission even if they are supporters.
Or did I list someone who doesn't actually want to join?
Alright, I sent a series of PMs to a bunch of supporters who have posted several times and haven't been active in here recently. We can add Burning Lava to the list already, so that's definitely a gain. ^^
Fawriel, I must have missed that from a while back. I know I already responded to your PM, but thanks again for roping me back in, and reminding me why I like reading/posting in this thread. I don't know, I guess it just feels good to be one of the original members, and I have you to thank. :laugh::embarrass NOW, enough with the mushy stuff!!

(the following is loosely in response to a few different recent comments)

Personally, as far as movesets go I'm not so much of an item guy. I mean, the most I could handle is the grappling hook, and maybe the Deku Leaf. When it gets to using things like the Skull Hammer... it seems a bit much. However, I do like the idea of using the Wind Waker as a dynamic new gameplay mechanic. Possibly shifting his moveset when he takes it out and uses it in different directions. Previously I thought the Wind Waker would be better used as a FS, but who knows.

Yeah, I guess I've said it before, but I'm mostly looking forward to his energetic sword combos, and flashy attacks. I think the hurricane spin would be nice if it was just a usable move rather than an FS. Tap B, and he does a weak little twirl. Hold it, and it starts glowing with power and makes that little electrical shock sound. Then after releasing, Link starts spinning around around like crazy, with you guiding him back and forth unable to completely stay in one place. I don't care whether or not it knocks you away at the first hit, or sucks you into a combo. Either way works.

Oh, and KotDK rules for a name! (though the other suggestions were good too) One thing it has over Warriors of the Winds, is that WotW sounds like it is only referring to Wind Waker (the best one, granted) whereas Knights of the Drowned Kingdom seems to include Phantom Hourglass as well. IDK. Just thought of that now. Like I said, I liked the other suggestions too.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So, Tingle really HAS been confirmed as an AT? At Whobby or something like that, right? I may have just missed it when I read the info.

Oh well. WW Link 4 EVER!
I think he has been AT'd indeed, though I also faintly recall that it was unconfirmed... huh.

WW Link 4 EVER!

Fawriel, I must have missed that from a while back. I know I already responded to your PM, but thanks again for roping me back in, and reminding me why I like reading/posting in this thread. I don't know, I guess it just feels good to be one of the original members, and I have you to thank. :laugh::embarrass NOW, enough with the mushy stuff!!

(the following is loosely in response to a few different recent comments)

Personally, as far as movesets go I'm not so much of an item guy. I mean, the most I could handle is the grappling hook, and maybe the Deku Leaf. When it gets to using things like the Skull Hammer... it seems a bit much. However, I do like the idea of using the Wind Waker as a dynamic new gameplay mechanic. Possibly shifting his moveset when he takes it out and uses it in different directions. Previously I thought the Wind Waker would be better used as a FS, but who knows.

Yeah, I guess I've said it before, but I'm mostly looking forward to his energetic sword combos, and flashy attacks. I think the hurricane spin would be nice if it was just a usable move rather than an FS. Tap B, and he does a weak little twirl. Hold it, and it starts glowing with power and makes that little electrical shock sound. Then after releasing, Link starts spinning around around like crazy, with you guiding him back and forth unable to completely stay in one place. I don't care whether or not it knocks you away at the first hit, or sucks you into a combo. Either way works.

Oh, and KotDK rules for a name! (though the other suggestions were good too) One thing it has over Warriors of the Winds, is that WotW sounds like it is only referring to Wind Waker (the best one, granted) whereas Knights of the Drowned Kingdom seems to include Phantom Hourglass as well. IDK. Just thought of that now. Like I said, I liked the other suggestions too.
Oh you! *nudges brutally* ^^

I wholly agree with the part about flashy and energetic sword moves. In my eyes, none of the characters in Melee ever really moved enough to seem energetic... they were always so static during their attacks, even the ones who are supposed to be small and swift just stood their and did their thing when they weren't flying through the air.
If any swordsman can change that, it's our boy Link.

And of course, I agree with the last paragraph, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't have chosen the name! :p
Though I still prefer Woodwind Orchestra. Let's have another vote!

It's interesting to see that some of the more "credible" leakers currently all have WW Link on their lists. Granted, that doesn't mean a lot but who knows, maybe one of them is actually true, then we'd be in business!
I guess it just means that people are recognizing his superiority.
Hur hur hur.

I want to join up also to this one!! :D
I'd like to join please.
I'd love to join, too! :) I love WW Link.
Wow, where did you three come from all of a sudden?
Welcome to the club!

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have your own IF forum or anything like that? This is my 3rd character club, & the others had their own little forums because of E-drama here.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, nope. When the club was founded, nobody felt up to the task of creating a new forum and maintaining it and such. Besides, we're a pretty small club, and hell, we could almost use a little more e-drama around here.
Anyway, starting one now would be a little late, considering that our hero will already be confirmed in a while. =D

Nintandy²

Smash Apprentice
Count me in too :) I think this would be a perfect addition. I know a lot are against it, but you definitely summed up the positive reasons why it would be a fantastic idea!

Go Wind Waker Link ^^.

-- Andy

Fawriel

Smash Master
Join me up in this. I had a WWLink sig for a long time until Olimar was confirmed. If I could get my moveset in the OP too, that'd be great!

http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?...&postcount=249
EDIT: This link doesn't work, use the one in my sig.
Added you!
And it!

Count me in too :) I think this would be a perfect addition. I know a lot are against it, but you definitely summed up the positive reasons why it would be a fantastic idea!

Go Wind Waker Link ^^.

-- Andy
And you, too!

Welcome aboard this sunken ship!

But, honestly now, where did all you people suddenly come from? o_o

Top Bottom