• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

**Official Titans of Smash (ToS) Crew Thread** We Never Died

GOTM

Smash Champion
well she doesnt **** em but she does better than the rest of low/mid tier pretty much on em, even some high as well

Beat

Smash Ace
I want Hugs to beat M2K's Fox with his Samus in a set. Until then I'm unconvinced it's a bad match-up for a smart Fox.

Too bad all Foxes are spammy speedy *******s.

And all Chibos are spammy *******s.

GOTM

Smash Champion
hugs and m2k are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too far apart in skill to make that claim. match hugs with an equal level fox and the difference in tiers isnt nearly as noticeable.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I guess samus does do better than like game and watch....

She can't do much really if you think about it. Her game is CCing and spacies can **** that.

Not only that they can camp like 1034092384093284 better than samus and her slow *** missles that you can cancel out.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Doesn't Treble's Samus **** Eggm and Reik? Well, not **** but they claim Treble's Samus beats their Falcos. I don't know if that's similar skill level for ya.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Doesn't Treble's Samus **** Eggm and Reik? Well, not **** but they claim Treble's Samus beats their Falcos. I don't know if that's similar skill level for ya.
Treble is a freakin genius.

Thats why he beats Eggm.

You can't use exceptional players to prove a character match up.

Anther beats sheiks.

So pika > sheik?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
samus on falco is ATLEAST even, if not slightly in samus' favor. falco can camp lasers which helps him, but any samus player would be an idiot not to avoid fd in a tourney set. then you can just use platforms to help get around it. samus just needs to rack up a lil damage with spam or upB. falco pillar combos dont work on samus because samus can upB falco if the falco dairs her shield before the falco can l cancel to a shine. samus can CC a lot of things falco can do, and dsmash to oblivion. samus can also edgeguard spacies very well. samus can kill falco kind of easily at like.... 40% lol. dsmash, homing missile nair (or just edgehog before the nair if they were high enough that the dsmash sent em far enough.

fox is a bit tougher than falco, but still isnt bad for samus. fox's better recovery and vertical kill power helps

Beat

Smash Ace
You can't avoid an FD counterpick if you win unless you can ban neutrals. Spam only stops bad Falcos. I'm not convinced.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
samus on falco is ATLEAST even, if not slightly in samus' favor. falco can camp lasers which helps him, but any samus player would be an idiot not to avoid fd in a tourney set. then you can just use platforms to help get around it. samus just needs to rack up a lil damage with spam or upB. falco pillar combos dont work on samus because samus can upB falco if the falco dairs her shield before the falco can l cancel to a shine. samus can CC a lot of things falco can do, and dsmash to oblivion. samus can also edgeguard spacies very well. samus can kill falco kind of easily at like.... 40% lol. dsmash, homing missile nair (or just edgehog before the nair if they were high enough that the dsmash sent em far enough.

fox is a bit tougher than falco, but still isnt bad for samus. fox's better recovery and vertical kill power helps
Chibo even on platform stages falco has the advantage. You can use platform to get around falco spam? I'm fairly sure falco can shoot a lot of lasers in one jump and he can use his lasers on platforms too you know. Spamming should never get falco a lot of dmg. Falco can just shoot you out of your missile animation and you don't shoot the missle and you're just stuck in your shield.

In the event that falco doesn't shoot samus out of her animation:

Homing missiles slow down after a while so its easy to avoid them.

And you can just jump onto a platform to avoid the super missiles.

And you can just shine missiles if you want.

You're right if falco dairs her shield he takes like 7 dmg and is put in a situation where samus can't punish him and falco can spam more lasers.

Falco can get around Samus's CC with d-air so ... >_>.

So basically Samus spam < falco spam.

So samus has to approach. Of course with her amazing approaching options ... ... ... ... uhh f-tilt.... maybe d-tilt?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo even on platform stages falco has the advantage. You can use platform to get around falco spam? I'm fairly sure falco can shoot a lot of lasers in one jump and he can use his lasers on platforms too you know. Spamming should never get falco a lot of dmg. Falco can just shoot you out of your missile animation and you don't shoot the missle and you're just stuck in your shield.

You're right if falco dairs her shield he takes like 7 dmg and is put in a situation where samus can't punish him and falco can spam more lasers.

So samus has to approach. Of course with her amazing approaching options ... ... ... ... uhh f-tilt.... maybe d-tilt?
platforms dont completely get u around falco spam, but it certainly helps. when falco is forced to go with dair to avoid cc's, thats when samus can upB. it can be tough for samus to get damage on falco, but like 40-60 is all she needs. some moves combo nicely into strong aerials like dtilt and uthrow.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

you pretty much hit the nail right on the head, i agree with all your points. if the falco is being forced to approach, its a bad falco, period. the matchup sucks, i really hate playing the match, its nothing but a camp fest.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sheik needs even less than that to kill falco and yet:

Sheik < falco

Yes Samus CAN kill a falco.

But she doesn't have enough to give her a good shot of beating falco. Falco can nullify a lot of her options. Also Samus's approaches are garbage her strengths really lie with her defensive options (Up-b OOS, Good side step, good CC, etc) not her offensive ones.

Which is why Samus loses to falco. She loses to sheik for pretty much the same reasons.

Samus's missiles doesn't mean anything really. When I play samus I hope they shoot missiles. Cuz them shooting missiles = free dmg with needles well for me anyway. Even if I use fox its the same.

Ken34 - O_O didn't you live in NJ at one point :( I think I remember playing you guys at the Tunes bi-weekly :( who is that in your sig? I think I recognize the uniform (Watching Gundam Seed atm) just curious ;).

GOTM

Smash Champion
yeah samus does lose to both spacies, but not by much. she does better vs. them like i said than all other low tier chars, most mid and high as well IMO

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
yeah samus does lose to both spacies, but not by much. she does better vs. them like i said than all other low tier chars, most mid and high as well IMO
O_O

Samus vs spacies is pretty abysmal if you ask me.

Samus vs spacies is about as close as Sewing equipment vs Plasma cannon IMO

GOTM

Smash Champion
O_O

Samus vs spacies is pretty abysmal if you ask me.

Samus vs spacies is about as close as Sewing equipment vs Plasma cannon IMO
you really think its that bad? i mean, i dont play many samus', but i play one ALOT, so i know the matchup. and every samus i have ever played is a tough matchup for me, and i do consider myself to be pretty good at the matchup. ive also heard from most falcos that they think the matchup is really annoying as well. i mean yeah she does lose to them, otherwise she'd probably be close to winning tournaments, lol.

hugs does VERY well against spacies on the west coast, in tourney as well. i know treble does VERY well against spacies over here. didnt watty even do mad good against cactus in crews at pound?

idk i think the matchup closer to even then people think

edit: harm also does mad good against swift so ive heard, and taki

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
perhpas in theory falco can beat samus lol, but as gotm just stated with multiple good examples, it just doesnt really happen that way. i also discussed it breifly with cactuar, scar, etc. on our ride to the no johns tourney, and cactus said "if the samus knows how to wavedash, samus wins the matchup."

i feel that fox beats samus (not by much though), and samus v falco is atleast even.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Gotm - Everyone has their bad days even amazing players like Cactus.

One loss to a Samus doesn't mean much really....

And yes I think its THAT bad Samus vs Spacies ISN'T even its not even close to even. If you think of a slide on a playground its not even THAT even.

Chibo - People can change their theory based on their experiences in a match up. I never lost to a samus except once to Triad and a few times to Treble.

However even saying that I have no idea how any of the players you named would have trouble with Samus. Scar almost won the set vs Hugs with cf I mean it doesn't mean Scar automatically thinks lowly of Samus but its hard to imagine Scar thinking highly of her as a character I mean he almost beat who is considered the best samus in the US.

I talked to Cactus and I remember him telling me he just ***** samus and that was pretty much the end of the arguement.

Samus's WD is fantastic.. but... I mean.. really? Is it game breaking? no...

Ken34

Smash Journeyman

Ken34 - O_O didn't you live in NJ at one point :( I think I remember playing you guys at the Tunes bi-weekly :( who is that in your sig? I think I recognize the uniform (Watching Gundam Seed atm) just curious ;).
yea, i moved to georgia in march. i wanna move back , lol.
in my sig, thats Kira Yamato. my fav character from my fav anime, gundam seed.

DK can **** some spacies now.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Before people make me think I'm in wonderland.

The only characters that **** spacies.. is....

Spacies.. and I guess marth.

Ken34 - =D I knew it :) Kira is pretty cool although Lacus is my fav atm cuz she is an airhead =D

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Double post for amusement and emphasis.

If you let Rena = Spacies and dumb ***** = samus this is the result:

This is the look on my face because you guys think samus goes even with spacies:

This is what samus does because she knows she sucks vs spacies:

This is what Cactus does after he plays a samus:

I think you guys get it =D

And I just wanted to use my pictures :laugh:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol at the pic post

i think when cactuar said the wd part it was mainly a joke, perhaps saying that if the samus isnt an idiot, though the wd does obviously help a lot with spacing.

i doubt scar thinks highly of samus at all lol

im not really even sure why you brought up scar v hugs. cf is one of the worst matchups for samus, def worse than fox and falco. samus gets comboed from everything into everything.

also, dont u main sheik primarily and not like fox? im sure thats had to have somehow subconsiously flawed your vision as sheik is much harder for a samus to fight over a fox/falco

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
i also discussed it breifly with cactuar, scar, etc.
Thats why I brought up scar.

About me.. well if I was to fight samus I would undoubtedly use sheik. But thats not because I think spacies does any worse than sheik does.

I have no idea what is worse.

Sheik vs samus or Spacies vs samus. idc though cuz all three of them **** samus.

Btw chibo FYI I never go all sheik. In teams actually I usually go all fox.

I prefer using sheik because I am used to her and she is easier to use. Not only that she ***** basically everyone I have little experience with.

I use spacies as much as I use my sheik if not more. Because I used to be a fox main primarily =D.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i doubt scar thinks highly of samus at all lol
I don't, I think Samus is absolute garbage and the only reason she's so high is her relatively good match vs spacies. The end of this argument is that HugS changed the way that Samus plays against spacies, the matchup is ALMOST even now, definitely not as lopsided as tec0 is saying, and Cactuar ***** all Samuses with Marth, not spacies, because he's amazing at that already near-impossible matchup.

And Falcon destroys Samus too and I'll **** every one of them now. Mad props to HugS for beating me back then but not anymore.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well......

No nvm I think its an awful match up.

I think CF vs Samus IS even worse for Samus.

And Samus is mid tier. I think she is a mid tier character but... I dunno how good she is relative to the other mid tier characters.

Scar - I dunno what you think Samus can do vs spacies.............

Scar

#HarveyDent
I've seen HugS do crazy **** to top players, and I've seen him beat Eggm way harder than I think I could. Watty used to be really good, and Treble apparently used to **** spacies too.

Plus most of the things I know about matchups not involving CF are via players much more knowledgeable than myself, so their opinions were also key in the development of my own.

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Posting in commemoration of the Cartoon Network action-oriented programming block, Toonami(1997-2008).

Toonami took away 11 years of my childhood away, but if I could go back in time would I do it again?

:charizard:: lol

10TOMs

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i havnt watched toonami for like 7 years lol. i still remember when they made the switch to tom 2.0 lol. what shows have they been showing nowadays anyway?

Talwind

Smash Cadet
Well actually, towards 2006 the only notable show they had was Naruto dubs(lol). So yeah it look like it was on its last legs anyway. Ive been taking a nostalgia trip all day by looking at old toonami promos including dbz and the like.

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
toonami lost its spice after sailor moon, yu yu hakusho , kenshin left. then it competly died to me when they stopped airing gundam seed...IN THE DAM MIDDLE OF THE SERIES!!! toonami deserves to die, good riddens, they only have themselves to blame...

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
TOONAMI was the stuff, but it killed itself. *shrugs* 'nuff said. CN wanted too much original stuff like EVERY other station. "NO ANIME, JUST NEW STUFF AMERICAN MADE!!! It's a shame that America only makes a decent action cartoon once in a few years nowadays. Heck, the best action ones are the random ones you wouldn't dare tell anyone you watched. Totally Spies, Ben10, W.I.T.C.H.(Based off of something from france, I know), Winx Club, etc. If they run with stuff like that....stuff that follows a STORY, then they could pick up the slack.

Yo Ken....get at Dennou Coil...amazing...friggin' AMAZING 10/10. I think that's the first anime I've ever given that. (realistically speaking...) There are other anime I'd give that being biased....just 'cuz I like it, but my GOD it was amazing!!

Lol @ Scar saying Treble USED to **** spacies...Treble STILL *****, ROFL. Get him a couple matches and he's back into the swing of things. (that was meant with ZERO disrespect, bro)

"Crank that Roy"
"Gimpin' is a Habit"

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
I'm watching Gundam Seed now.

But if I saw it dubbed I would punch my TV.
lol, make sure u watch destiny, although the sequal isnt up to par with seed, it has its good points. but i must say, thanks to toonami i was forced to start finding anime online, i never did it before till they cut seed from toonami, i loved seed that much, lol.

AME said:
Yo Ken....get at Dennou Coil...amazing...friggin' AMAZING 10/10. I think that's the first anime I've ever given that. (realistically speaking...) There are other anime I'd give that being biased....just 'cuz I like it, but my GOD it was amazing!!
ive heard of it, never actually looked into it tho.

Top Bottom